HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Lol Mr.Leafs are my 2nd team is ********? Why insult your 2nd favourite team?
Wow.....this has turned into a total crap slinging thread again.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Lol Mr.Leafs are my 2nd team is ********? Why insult your 2nd favourite team?
To defend the honour of my first favourite team...

Both statements were stupid though, I'll admit it. In hindsight I shouldn't have said it.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Ummm that's not anywhere close. Why do people think that Luongo will be dealt to Toronto for scraps?
Because you guys keep asking for the Moon and the Sun for Lou. Did you seriously think we were going to just say "Gollie Gee sure we will trade Frattin AND Gradiner AND a 1st AND Kadri for Lou.". For a team that currently finished 5th worst in the league we should really be making a trade that gives up ALL of our good prospects for a 33 year old goaltender who will be on the decline when we are ready to compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Good luck finding a goalie that wants to go to your god awful team.
Thanks we will take your luck and hope one of our prospects becomes our starter instead of giving up a massive amount of our future for a goalie who will be on the decline when we are ready to even compete....

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Name me 10 goalies better than Luongo, never mind 30.

1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

8. Cory Schnieder (Seeing how you keep on trying to trade Lou...)

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-17-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: qmep
Old
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Name me 10 goalies better than Luongo, never mind 30.
As of right this second, I would say that only Quick, Lundqvist and Price are for sure better then Lu. You could make a case for Rinne, but this season will speak volumes in regards to actual ability.

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-17-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: qmep
Old
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Nice list, wanna put your actual one down now?

Old
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Because you guys keep asking for the Moon and the Sun for Lou. Did you seriously think we were going to just say "Gollie Gee sure we will trade Frattin AND Gradiner AND a 1st AND Kadri for Lou.". For a team that currently finished 5th worst in the league we should really be making a trade that gives up ALL of our good prospects for a 33 year old goaltender who will be on the decline when we are ready to compete.
No one has asked for that...We would like at least one piece that holds value to us, such as Lupul or a 1st or something. Packages of 4 or 5 'meh' pieces don't help us at all.

Quote:
Thanks we will take your luck and hope one of our prospects becomes our starter instead of giving up a massive amount of our future for a goalie who will be on the decline when we are ready to even compete....
Toronto + Luongo + Getzlaf/Weiss/Zajac/etc looks like a competitor to me. Lupul, Phaneuf, Grabovski, Kessel, are all in their primes right now. Every year you spend tanking for picks is a wasted year of contention for them. I didn't mean it to sound as awful as it did, I was simply replying tounge-in-cheek.

Quote:
1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
What did you base these rankings on? Also, Boston traded Thornton to make room for Bergeron, that doesn't mean Bergeron was better. Schneider is 7 years younger, and thus extends our ability to contend that much longer than Luongo, which is why we're trading him. But no one would say Schneider > Luongo right now.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:

1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
Lol I'm a huge Schneider fan called him taking over the starters role in 5 years during his 1st pro year. He's not better than Lou yet. Half the guys on those list aren't better. Miller has posted worse stats ward hasn't done anything aside his cup run kipper is arguable but he isn't consistant hiller is a joke even duck fans will tell u they would take Lou over hiller anyday the fact u have him on the list just shows u have a terrible assessment of goalies. Rinne is arguable as well playing on one of the top defensive teams with 2 #1 dmen boosts stats n makes anyone look better. Notice how Nashville usually lets goalies go when it's time to re-sign em? Only reason they paid rinne was to try to show weber and suter they are willing to pay now to build a winning team. Look at Chris mason Tomas vokoub and whatever goalie they have... None were as good as they were once they left only one close was vokoun

Old
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Fogelhund

This is a notice of hostage taking for all Vancouver area people. We have taken hostage your winter. It is currently 8C here in Ontario, and we will keep your winter until such time as you free Bobby Lou. We have replaced your usual mild winter, with a snowstorm in much of BC. Please enjoy, and note that you aren't getting your weather back, until your "ridiculous" demands are significantly lowered to a more reasonable level. [/sarcasm]

Old
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
That is because you do not understand the position of goaltender nor the game of Hockey. This does not make Luongo a poor goalie. It simply makes you a terrible judge of talent.

The only goalie who played better than Luongo during the Olympics was Miller. As far as the Gold Medal game goes they played about equal. Exception being Luongo made the save to continue the game while Miller let in a softie to lose the tourny for the USA. Fact is Luongo is part of a team. Teams win or lose. Luongo won. Period. Again, you are displaying nothing but a lack of knowledge concerning Hockey.

Everything else you type becomes irrelevant noise due to the fact you have shown to know little to nothing about the game itself.

My apologies if this comes across as a bit of an attack. I cannot think of a more polite way to say that you have no idea what you are talking about and no one will take you seriously.
===========================

Hey thanks for the lesson Mr. Tarasov, but I was watching and learning this game probably while you were still dunking cherios. But if you think Luongo is worth the farm, then you're the one who needs lessons in goaltending and the game of hockey. No need to apologize. You I'm sure would know that it's difficult to gloss over arrogance and impossible to hide ignorance. And I can't force you to be right.

I just love it when you express an opinion on these forums, and out of nowhere comes an absolute "know it all" who just thrives on making it personal. Love it!!! So...Anatoly, as the great GB Shaw would say, you and I together know everything there is to be known in this world. You know everything except the fact that 'you need lessons in the game of hockey', and I know that!

Yes Luongo made a big save in OT in the GMG, but he hasn't exactly been renown for making that big save when it's needed throughout his career (ask Mike Gillis....after he deals him). And if I recall he was less than stellar on the Parise goal with 30 or so seconds left in regulation to send the game into OT in the first place. Whether he was the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best goalie in that tournament is debatable. What's not debatable is that he sure as hell wasn't the best. As I recall, Broduer looked better than him much of the time.

So like I said earlier, IMO, he's vastly overrated and vastly overpaid. If Gillis gets an offer of a 1st from a top team or a 2nd from a bottom feeder, he should drive him and his debilitating contract to the airport and buy a lottery ticket on the way.

And chill man! You will gain nothing by calling me out for expressing an opinion on these boards....

Old
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post
===========================

Hey thanks for the lesson Mr. Tarasov, but I was watching and learning this game probably while you were still dunking cherios. But if you think Luongo is worth the farm, then you're the one who needs lessons in goaltending and the game of hockey. No need to apologize. You I'm sure would know that it's difficult to gloss over arrogance and impossible to hide ignorance. And I can't force you to be right.

I just love it when you express an opinion on these forums, and out of nowhere comes an absolute "know it all" who just thrives on making it personal. Love it!!! So...Anatoly, as the great GB Shaw would say, you and I together know everything there is to be known in this world. You know everything except the fact that 'you need lessons in the game of hockey', and I know that!

Yes Luongo made a big save in OT in the GMG, but he hasn't exactly been renown for making that big save when it's needed throughout his career (ask Mike Gillis....after he deals him). And if I recall he was less than stellar on the Parise goal with 30 or so seconds left in regulation to send the game into OT in the first place. Whether he was the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best goalie in that tournament is debatable. What's not debatable is that he sure as hell wasn't the best. As I recall, Broduer looked better than him much of the time.

So like I said earlier, IMO, he's vastly overrated and vastly overpaid. If Gillis gets an offer of a 1st from a top team or a 2nd from a bottom feeder, he should drive him and his debilitating contract to the airport and buy a lottery ticket on the way.

And chill man! You will gain nothing by calling me out for expressing an opinion on these boards....
That's why the goalie who holds the All Time wins title sat for more games than the so call over payed over hyped bum names Luongo.

Truly your opinion is just that, an opinion. Thanks for coming out by you've literally brought nothing to this thread of value and have only contributed to the mud slinging. So thank you for making this place so pleasant to talk hockey.

I will be the first to buy you an E cookie when everything you say comes true

Old
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
That's why the goalie who holds the All Time wins title sat for more games than the so call over payed over hyped bum names Luongo.

Truly your opinion is just that, an opinion. Thanks for coming out by you've literally brought nothing to this thread of value and have only contributed to the mud slinging. So thank you for making this place so pleasant to talk hockey.

I will be the first to buy you an E cookie when everything you say comes true

Thank you for your refreshing and enlightening contribution. And I will buy you an E cookie when 'everything' you say comes true too. Not great odds for either of us. Mind you, that's just my opinion.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post

The Parise goal, if you watch it again, was an odd goal that banked of a player and left Parise (half decent goal scorer) all alone in front. It would of been great if Luongo has saved it, but it also would of been great if our amazing defense has covered the front (I believe it was Neidermeyer and someone else who I forgot).Here is the goal right here, wasn't near as weak as the 'Golden Goal' Miller let in.

The "mis save" was a mistake, but no more than being unable to clear the puck out of the zone, I have no idea why this goal is all on Luongo. Im not absolving Lu from blame, but it clearly was not 100% his fault.

Brodeur better than Luongo in the Olympics?

Also his cap hit is quite reasonable, because of the cap circumvention contract, you can point out that the length is bad (which it is) but the cap hit is really quite good so I have no idea why you refer to him as overpaid.

Last edited by LPH: 12-17-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Well I don't expect THAT much, but how about something like this?

Joffrey Lupul (signed, or allow us to negotiate an extension first), Matt Frattin, 1st round pick for Luongo. Sounds fair.

Quote:
1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
Bolded are laughable. Underlined debatable but I still wouldn't have them higher than Luongo because they haven't proven they are better than Luongo. Also, I highly doubt Tim Thomas sitting on his ass not playing is better than Luongo.

12-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:

1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
Horrible list.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
VasDimops

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Also, I highly doubt Tim Thomas sitting on his ass not playing is better than Luongo.
Haha, too easy.

Thomas did pick a great year to sit out though.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Wow.....this has turned into a total crap slinging thread again.
You are right, I am going to try and bring the love back. I love you LL... or maybe it's just "Santa" in your pic there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
This is a notice of hostage taking for all Vancouver area people. We have taken hostage your winter. It is currently 8C here in Ontario, and we will keep your winter until such time as you free Bobby Lou. We have replaced your usual mild winter, with a snowstorm in much of BC. Please enjoy, and note that you aren't getting your weather back, until your "ridiculous" demands are significantly lowered to a more reasonable level. [/sarcasm]
You can have our rain!

My lowered demands are just your first born child and a 1st...

Old
12-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
Umm, Rinne, Hank, Quick, Price. Ward, sure. Kipper, Miller and Ward are all excellent goalies, but I give Luongo the edge. Ward I think can be better though. Need to see a better team in front of him. Hiller, Halak, Howard, and Schneider, not a chance. Hiller is not even close. Thomas, yes, if he plays, but I don't think he will be so he does
not really count IMO. It seems to me a lot of people seem to think Luongo is somehow not as good because of his contract. Contract=/=play. Luongo is still easily a top 5-7 goaltender in the league.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
I honestly don't mind one bit! Means I can actually go ice skating outside

Old
12-17-2012, 02:06 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Umm, Rinne, Hank, Quick, Price. Ward, sure. Kipper, Miller and Ward are all excellent goalies, but I give Luongo the edge. Ward I think can be better though. Need to see a better team in front of him. Hiller, Halak, Howard, and Schneider, not a chance. Hiller is not even close. Thomas, yes, if he plays, but I don't think he will be so he does
not really count IMO. It seems to me a lot of people seem to think Luongo is somehow not as good because of his contract. Contract=/=play. Luongo is still easily a top 5-7 goaltender in the league.
I don't really see how Price is better either, and while people often argue Rinne as better you have to recognize that Luongo and Rinne are VERY close statistically. We'll see if that holds up now that Rinne doesn't have Suter on his team (a calibre of defense that Luongo has never had the luxury of).

Old
12-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Zarpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
As a Canucks fan I wouldn't do it. AINEC in my mind.

Kadri + Colborne/Ashton/Biggs/Frattin + 1st + 2nd is what I'm holding out for.
Colborne seems to be struggling a lot right now. I don't think I'd want him unless he was a throw-in.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:50 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
I give in

7th round pick, take the cold away! I cannot deal with the cold! Winter

Old
12-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Perhaps I have grown weary of Luongo bashing, or the simply fact I want to win with him. Either way my curiosity is reinvigorated in what Schneider would net from other fan perspective.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
As of right this second, I would say that only Quick, Lundqvist and Price are for sure better then Lu. You could make a case for Rinne, but this season will speak volumes in regards to actual ability.
I'll give you Lundqvist and Quick for sure.

Price has never outperformed Luongo over a whole season based on save% (and they've been in the league together for six years). When Price actually starts outperforming Luongo, he'll be better than Luongo...until then, he's not.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'll give you Lundqvist and Quick for sure.

Price has never outperformed Luongo over a whole season based on save% (and they've been in the league together for six years). When Price actually starts outperforming Luongo, he'll be better than Luongo...until then, he's not.
While I certainly agree, Price often enters the debatable category due to how significantly Montreal depends on him to win. A year or so prior he played 70+ games, which is cited murder for goaltenders. Couple that with the lackluster defense the Habs run, especially last year, and I can at least fathom the argument despite my disagreement.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
While I certainly agree, Price often enters the debatable category due to how significantly Montreal depends on him to win. A year or so prior he played 70+ games, which is cited murder for goaltenders. Couple that with the lackluster defense the Habs run, especially last year, and I can at least fathom the argument despite my disagreement.
Oh, I have no problem admitting Price is very good but the idea that Price's team makes him look bad doesn't really hold water given that Luongo's best season save% wise came playing 73 games for the terrible Florida Panthers.

Closed Thread