HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Reid Boucher to Montreal!

Old
12-17-2012, 02:18 AM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Reid Boucher to Montreal!

Reid Boucher is a current line-mate of Galchenyuk with the Sarnia Sting in the OHL.

He was a 4th round, 99 overall draft pick by New Jersey in 2011.

he is currently 16th OHL scoring leader with 25-15 40 points in 34 games.

My first offer: Michael Bournival or Patrick Holland

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
With NJ's thin forward depth in the prospect pool I highly doubt Lou is looking to move him unless for a over payment.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
If the Habs were going to trade for any of Galchenyuk's teammates, I'd try Connor Murphy before anyone.

Even if Boucher was Habs property, it's not like they're going to be together on a line outside of this season. Next season Boucher will likely play in the AHL while Galchenyuk will likely play in the NHL. There's no point going after him just because he was Galchenyuk's linemate IMO.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:16 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
With NJ's thin forward depth in the prospect pool I highly doubt Lou is looking to move him unless for a over payment.
i am offering you forward prospect!

Old
12-17-2012, 05:59 AM
hlaverty06

I wouldn't really mind Holland, his defensive game would fit nicely into our system

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:20 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I would very much mind Holland, as I don't see him ever being an NHL presence. I like Bournival, there would have to be some addition though. I wouldn't mind Bournival+ the latest of Montreal's 3 seconds in 2013 for Boucher+4th rounder or something equivalent. If this seems steep it's only because Boucher is very valuable to the Devils

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
How about we trade Galchenyuk to New Jersey instead!

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I would do a Bournival/Boucher trade. Bournival is having a pretty good rookie year in Hamilton and also has tremendous defensive upside as a winger.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I like Holland and Bournival as smart, nicely rounded prospects for the Habs. I wouldn't trade either one of them for Boucher. Trying to reunite him with Galchenyuk isn't worth the effort. Nice player, some good moves and hustle and all that, but if you like a prospect, and the team that currently owns his rights likes the prospect, you'll just have to overpay, and why do that.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Yeaaa Not gonna happen

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
hlaverty06

Well I like holland I think Bouchers scoring touch is something devils need a lot more of now that I think about it

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Shawnathon

Patrick Holland is really promising and one of the reasons I liked the Cammy trade. I would never trade him for a prospect like Boucher.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Boucher would have 35 goals right now if he converted on at least half the flubbed opportunities provided by Galchenyuk and Sarault. He's a very nice prospect for sure but prone to brainfarts. His shot is definitely his main asset. Personally, I like Holland and Bournival more.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Pony riders are fools gold. We already have ours in Bozon. I'm very leery of guys drafted in the mid rounds who put up big numbers in junior but are the lowest scoring guys on their line.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 12-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Pony riders are fools gold. We already have ours in Bozon. I'm very leery of guys drafted in the mid rounds who put up big numbers in junior but are the lowest scoring guys on their line.
Boucher's shot translates to any level. He probably has the best snap/wrist shot in all the CHL. Not saying he is better than the other two just that he isn't your typical 3rd wheel.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Mad Habber

I don't see Boucher as a 1st liner in the NHL. Not for a while anyways. Galchenyuk's linemates of the future look to be Patches and Colberg. That looks like a good line. Maybe someone else comes along. So I don't see any reason to trade for Boucher. Especially, when you make a trade asking for a specific guy, their value increases instantly. In my eyes, both Bournival and Holland have equal to greater value. But if you call up NJ asking for Boucher, it'll cost one of them plus. It doesn't make sense to go looking for this type of player. They are the type that are either the throw-ins or you get him if NJ comes calling and say pick one or pick two of this list.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Boucher is still raw as hell and your textbook boom/bust prospect. That being said, he's one of two forward prospects in our system with top-6 potential (Matteau the other). He seems to be developing nicely so far, if we let him have his time he could be a real steal for us.

I'm not particularly attached to him, but New Jersey doesn't really have any reason to trade him unless we're getting a safer prospect with top-6 upside. It just doesn't make sense for New Jersey to trade away the one bright light in their weakest organizational area.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:03 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I don't see Boucher as a 1st liner in the NHL. Not for a while anyways. Galchenyuk's linemates of the future look to be Patches and Colberg. That looks like a good line. Maybe someone else comes along. So I don't see any reason to trade for Boucher. Especially, when you make a trade asking for a specific guy, their value increases instantly. In my eyes, both Bournival and Holland have equal to greater value. But if you call up NJ asking for Boucher, it'll cost one of them plus. It doesn't make sense to go looking for this type of player. They are the type that are either the throw-ins or you get him if NJ comes calling and say pick one or pick two of this list.
So as a gm the right strategy is to most of the time wait for other GM to call you?

in fact when you call for his specific player, his value doesnt increase instantly, what happen is the other teams will tell you the asking price to move him, not the bidding price around the league for him. This is the same asking price the player had yesterday or the month before, your call didn't change it.

if you have a car and you are not willing to sell him, but X $$ would convince you to sell it. If someone call you and inquire about your car, does you want more than X now?

This is not a fixed price market, every player have 2 differents value.

The reason i think NJ would accept my offer is : their left wing and center prospect pool arent deep and this trade would help balance it.

i also believe Holland and Bournival are slightly superior prospect. This is already a little overpayment. I would not throw in a 3th round! But maybe i could add a 6th, 7th round.

We are not talking about a blue chip prospect in Reid Boucher!

Old
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Takashi

Bournival + Holland >> Boucher.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Vincent01

Aaaah junior chemistry, we meet again...

They wouldn't tear the NHL apart just like they're doing in the OHL if they were reunited. Seriously I'd prefer seeing Galchenyuk playing with better teamates than Boucher at the NHL level.

Vincent01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:44 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
Bournival + Holland >> Boucher.
i mean one of them, not both of them.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:45 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent01 View Post
Aaaah junior chemistry, we meet again...

They wouldn't tear the NHL apart just like they're doing in the OHL if they were reunited. Seriously I'd prefer seeing Galchenyuk playing with better teamates than Boucher at the NHL level.
But you remember Lecavalier and Brad Richards in the junior?

Old
12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Boucher is very one dimensional. His defensive play and foot speed are lacking. He has a great shot, but he's still a while away from the NHL. A lot of improvement to be made.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Boucher is very one dimensional. His defensive play and foot speed are lacking. He has a great shot, but he's still a while away from the NHL. A lot of improvement to be made.
He only has to be fast enough to get to the spot where Galchenyuk is going to pass to.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:35 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I don't see the point. No knock on Boucher but I doubt he'll be a first line NHLer. Galchenyuk will need to be on a line with first line NHLers.

Beside Galchenyuk has proven to be extremely versatile and can adapt easily, I'm sure he'll find chemistry with whoever we have him play with. How often do junior linemates end up playing together at the NHL level anyways?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote