HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
  #951
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 500
Well, for me it's gotten to the point where I only check these boards on days when there's no Nets game on.

Any new news?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
  #952
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
And since the players were informed by Fehr to hold out ,, There was never a final agreement for Fehr to come back in room for

Day 1 Players/owners make progress ,, End the meeting for night

Next day players move goal posts and all progress is gone ,, We find out that Fehr informed his players to hold out longer to get better deal

Players spend the final day of talks in "Meeting" and owners get sick of waiting ,, NHLPA shows up 2 hours later with Daly waiting for there proposal

NHL see's the NHLPA proposal is absolute garbage and reject it ,, Fehr goes before media and lies to fans/press

Nothing that week saw owners do anything wrong ,, Fehr killed everything himself
Pardon me for saying this, because Ive been a person that tends to lean towards the ownership side in this whole debacle, but I find your posts to be more and more disgraceful as time goes on.

You are lying to yourself in an attempt to legitimize your extreme views. Whats the point of following this whole thing if you're just going to BS yourself?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
  #953
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Well, for me it's gotten to the point where I only check these boards on days when there's no Nets game on.

Any new news?
No contact between the NHL and NHLPA for the third straight day.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 11:18 PM
  #954
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Actually... Steve Fehr attempted to touch base with Daly, but only got voicemail. I **** you not. They did, at least, try to continue the trend of 'touching base' each weekend.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
  #955
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I heard through Asham that a deal will be struck in Jan and it will be a 50 game schedule. From his mouth to your ears.
Not sure if serious...

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
  #956
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
I've heard various players and NHL employees saying that deals would get done throughout this entire process... each person has been proven wrong so far .

Fanned On It is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
  #957
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
No contact between the NHL and NHLPA for the third straight day.
The NHL and the NHLPA did hold a conference call on Friday.

So its only 2 days.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 06:15 AM
  #958
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Wow, thanks for the ad hominem attack. If you want to debate you can start by not calling me names. I'd expect that from an islanders fan.
What was your exact quote?

Quote:
It's hard for me to understand how anyone who has been seriously paying attention to this could side with the PA.
Look in the mirror big boy.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:06 AM
  #959
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Don't ****ing tell me what I will be doing and don't say "if" I was a diehard fan.
You'll be back IF you were a diehard fan....better

Legend23 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:10 AM
  #960
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
Garbage?

8 year CBA with an opt-out after 6

8 year term limits.

The NHL is stuck at 5 years. There are NHL people who hate the 5 years.

NHL offer

10 year CBA with an opt-out after 8

5 years and 7 years term limits

The NHL refuses to bargain and negotiate off of that.

6 and 7 on the contract limits. By all indications,the players are agreeable to a long term CBA.

The cap on escrow in the NBA is 10%. The owners take 10% of the the player salaries and put into escrow. Then they determine how much escrow is needed at the end of the season. 1% of the players share is set aside for a post career benefits fund. Anything above 10% comes out of the fund. The players have their money returned to them if its less than 10%.

The transition issues. In the summer,Bettman referenced the NBA deal being 50-50. He doesn't want everything in the NBA deal. One amnesty buyout per team. Two year transition cap. None of this about the cap dropping $12M in year two. The heavy luxury taxes don't start until year three.

The PA wants a different transition period. Amnesty/compliance buyouts. $67.25M cap for two seasons. Look at how many teams will be in a tough spot with a $60M cap with no compliance buyouts. Players playing in the AHL or Europe counting against the cap. Fehr is wrong for proposing more flexibility in the transition?

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:23 AM
  #961
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
This mentality is why we fans are treated like ****.


Everybody goes running back and keeps spending the $

You are generally correct and i will be one of the MANY folks spending his money again...maybe not as much as I will try and hold off on the ancillary expenses like merchandise and the ridiculously expensive food but hockey is one of the things I enjoy. It is a relief from all the stressful stuff in life so why should I give that up if I have the financial means to pay for it? I find it highly unlikely that the Garden will be anything but sold out once this is over and me not showing up or watching the Rangers or any other teams on TV is in my opinion will not be noticeable and even if it was takes away something I enjoy. I don't take it personally how the owners and players are acting because this is business and it happens in a lot more places than just the NHL.

Legend23 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 08:19 AM
  #962
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,654
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Garbage?

8 year CBA with an opt-out after 6

8 year term limits.

The NHL is stuck at 5 years. There are NHL people who hate the 5 years.

NHL offer

10 year CBA with an opt-out after 8

5 years and 7 years term limits

The NHL refuses to bargain and negotiate off of that.

6 and 7 on the contract limits. By all indications,the players are agreeable to a long term CBA.

The cap on escrow in the NBA is 10%. The owners take 10% of the the player salaries and put into escrow. Then they determine how much escrow is needed at the end of the season. 1% of the players share is set aside for a post career benefits fund. Anything above 10% comes out of the fund. The players have their money returned to them if its less than 10%.

The transition issues. In the summer,Bettman referenced the NBA deal being 50-50. He doesn't want everything in the NBA deal. One amnesty buyout per team. Two year transition cap. None of this about the cap dropping $12M in year two. The heavy luxury taxes don't start until year three.

The PA wants a different transition period. Amnesty/compliance buyouts. $67.25M cap for two seasons. Look at how many teams will be in a tough spot with a $60M cap with no compliance buyouts. Players playing in the AHL or Europe counting against the cap. Fehr is wrong for proposing more flexibility in the transition?
50 game season
Compliance buyouts by Larry Brookes proposed formula
Cap this year $67,25 M
Cap next year $65 M
10% escrow on cap
50/50 split with latest "make whole" proposal
6 and 8 year maximum contract lengths. Restrictions on sign and trade.
10% annual variance maximum on all contracts
New rules on premature retirement due to injury not counting against full cap hit.
Larger new NHL contracts count against cap whilst in AHL or Europe
Possibility to buy cap space according to previous NHL proposal
$200 M ( indexed) revenue sharing pot
Winnipeg has to go west ASAP.
10 year CBA with an opt-out after 8

Drop the puck.
Die on your hill, Bill
Gary and the Fehrs both get fired respectively
VOILA!

BBKers is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
  #963
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
You are generally correct and i will be one of the MANY folks spending his money again...maybe not as much as I will try and hold off on the ancillary expenses like merchandise and the ridiculously expensive food but hockey is one of the things I enjoy. It is a relief from all the stressful stuff in life so why should I give that up if I have the financial means to pay for it? I find it highly unlikely that the Garden will be anything but sold out once this is over and me not showing up or watching the Rangers or any other teams on TV is in my opinion will not be noticeable and even if it was takes away something I enjoy. I don't take it personally how the owners and players are acting because this is business and it happens in a lot more places than just the NHL.
The sad truth is that your love of the game and unwillingness to stop feeding it's financial means is a major reason why these guys are able to take the NHL away from you every few years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:17 AM
  #964
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Sad part is I miss the NHL less and less everyday... At this point they can all go pack sand ... To bad stupidity will prevail and fans will spend their hard earned money on the clowns again..

Jackpot is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
  #965
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Sad part is I miss the NHL less and less everyday... At this point they can all go pack sand ... To bad stupidity will prevail and fans will spend their hard earned money on the clowns again..
Same here man...

I really don't even miss it as much anymore. I am a die-hard, but its been a few months now, and I have adjusted my life without hockey fairly easily.

When it comes back, I will be the first person lined up in the lobby of MSG next to all the other familiar faces who wait right there.

I have mentally prepared myself for the entire season to be gone. I can't believe this has gone on this long, AGAIN.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
  #966
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
From: @LouisJean_TVA
Sent: Dec 17, 2012 10:11a

No contact this weekend between @NHL & @NHLPA. Bill Daly says "no intention to contact them as they understand where we are." #CBA

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/sta...91803777294337

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:56 AM
  #967
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @LouisJean_TVA
Sent: Dec 17, 2012 10:11a

No contact this weekend between @NHL & @NHLPA. Bill Daly says "no intention to contact them as they understand where we are." #CBA

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/sta...91803777294337
Well isn't that swell. Looking like the season is going to end up in court for several months. Hopefully the 2013-14 season doesn't get delayed

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
  #968
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well isn't that swell. Looking like the season is going to end up in court for several months. Hopefully the 2013-14 season doesn't get delayed
It almost certainly will, if not outright canceled, if this thing turns into a court battle. These lawsuits aren't decided quickly.

Levitate is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
  #969
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
The voting for disclaiming ends Thursday. When its approved,the PA will have until 1/2 to file. So they will wait until Friday.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
  #970
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It almost certainly will, if not outright canceled, if this thing turns into a court battle. These lawsuits aren't decided quickly.
NBA Lockout 2011 went to the courts, and was settled very quickly.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:08 AM
  #971
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It almost certainly will, if not outright canceled, if this thing turns into a court battle. These lawsuits aren't decided quickly.
Only a bunch of idiots will throw $3.3B away annually in favor of a prolonged legal battle.

Unfortunately, Im only slightly optimistic that this will be a wake-up call.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:23 AM
  #972
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,747
vCash: 500
From: @SportsLawGuy
Sent: Dec 17, 2012 11:07a

Why is NHLPA taking 5 days to vote on disclaimer? To show is real/deliberate decision to opt out of union & not a sham/flip of light switch

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/SportsLawGuy/stat...05752958644224

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
  #973
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The sad truth is that your love of the game and unwillingness to stop feeding it's financial means is a major reason why these guys are able to take the NHL away from you every few years.
And the sad truth is also that this is the same in every major sport. I am trying to think of a sport where a large group of people actually didn't come back for an extended period of time (not just a week or two) and it affected the future thinking of the ownership and players due to the financial implications? I am just trying to be real and honestly think most people forget these things soon after they are over and just go back to normal like I will. I am not trying to say I am right or wrong.

Legend23 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
  #974
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
NBA Lockout 2011 went to the courts, and was settled very quickly.
It wasn't settled by the courts though, that's my point. It was settled because both sides went back to the table and agreed to a new CBA.

If the NHL and the players drag this out into lawsuits that they see all the way through (instead of going back and agreeing to a new CBA through negotiating or whatever) then it will take a very long time for everything to get worked out

Levitate is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM
  #975
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @SportsLawGuy
Sent: Dec 17, 2012 11:07a

Why is NHLPA taking 5 days to vote on disclaimer? To show is real/deliberate decision to opt out of union & not a sham/flip of light switch

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/SportsLawGuy/stat...05752958644224
The players are all over the world, they need to make sure there's enough time to contact every member for an up or down vote. If 75% of players are contacted and vote yes, voting will end sooner than the 5 days

GordonGecko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.