HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

When does Hunter get respect?

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 03:13 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

vCash: 500
When does Hunter get respect?

Trent Hunter's played six fewer games than King, Bergeron and Ryder, gets shuffled all over the line-up (only touching the 2nd line for the first time last night), and gets a sliver of the powerplay time and less ice time than the others do.

Meanwhile, he's tied for the rookie lead in scoring, and has 10 even strength goals to King's 5.

He's also a physical player, hitting anything that moves. (Not sure about the other three)

Where's the respect for "Big Game" Hunter?

Last edited by DarkHorse: 12-10-2003 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Forecaster.ca changed the picture of Bergeron... must have been the wrong pic.
Old
12-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse
(While on the topic, are we sure Bergeron's a rookie? He looks like my grandpa.)
If he looks like your grandpa than how old are you ?

Nevertheless they should submit him to an inspection, because indeed I've my doubts that he's born in 1985..

Old
12-10-2003, 09:58 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse
Trent Hunter's played six fewer games than King, Bergeron and Ryder, gets shuffled all over the line-up (only touching the 2nd line for the first time last night), and gets a sliver of the powerplay time and less ice time than the others do.

Meanwhile, he's tied for the rookie lead in scoring, and has 10 even strength goals to King's 5.

He's also a physical player, hitting anything that moves. (Not sure about the other three)

Where's the respect for "Big Game" Hunter?

[/img]
Glad the team showed patience with Hunter.I was one of the fans who was unhappy with him last season and wouldn't have cared if he was dealt.

Hunter doesn't get much attention when the roy candidates get mentioned.If Fluery comes back and keeps the Pens competitive,I think the roy is his,but if he and the Pens struggle,I think Hunter's got a good chance

Old
12-10-2003, 10:08 AM
#2FAN

vCash:
He doesn't have great speed but he sure has great offensive insticts. I was amazed but his goal scoring pace and have been very pleased with his start.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Maybe I'm taking your words too literally. But what exactly is meant by "respect"? The guy has been outstanding. But he has been outstanding for an NHL career totalling 2 months!

Old
12-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Maybe I'm taking your words too literally. But what exactly is meant by "respect"? The guy has been outstanding. But he has been outstanding for an NHL career totalling 2 months!
I think he means why isnt he being hyped like Jason King, Michael Ryder and the rest of the hyped up (maybe some overhyped?) rookie class

Old
12-10-2003, 10:37 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

I meant in regards to the other rookies. People have handed the trophy to these other guys and act like Hunter doesn't exist.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Mizral

Unfortunatly, the only reason he isn't being 'hyped up' is the market. I can tell you right now, the Isles have to be the least televised team on TSN this year. That or maybe one of the Californian teams. I don't know how it is for ESPN, but I'm lucky if I see one Isles game a year, and that's when/if the Canucks play you guys.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:22 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
If he looks like your grandpa than how old are you ?

Nevertheless they should submit him to an inspection, because indeed I've my doubts that he's born in 1985..
He is French Canadian and looks exactly like one. The reason he looks older is that he is very serious guy and rarely smiles.(only when scores)

His birthday is July 24, 1985!

Old
12-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Unfortunatly, the only reason he isn't being 'hyped up' is the market. I can tell you right now, the Isles have to be the least televised team on TSN this year. That or maybe one of the Californian teams. I don't know how it is for ESPN, but I'm lucky if I see one Isles game a year, and that's when/if the Canucks play you guys.
It's certainly that way for King and Ryder ... and even to an extent with us the Avs and Liles, but I think Bergeron's hype is totally different.

Certainly all hype is a product of hte media, but considering how "off the radar" PB was before the draft, and how he's faring now as a fresh faced 18 year old is rather significant in my books.

Old
12-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Mizral

Agreed, Ensane. While King may be the best rookie right now, I think the most impressive is Bergeron or perhaps even Pitkanen, Hamhuis, or Eminger.

Closed Thread