HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I imagine Osminator kicking his computer screen after this happened.
LOOOOOOOL excellent call... i wanted to turn over the office table with the PC AND computer screen on it.

This turnover/horrific cross-ice giveaway doesn't even happen in beer leagues anymore these days, yet here you have Sam Klassen doing it in the AHL

Old
12-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Osminator

25 games into the season, I think it is fair to say we've seen everyone play enough to have an honest opinion about them... so here is my review if you care for it:

G
Talbot - Jeckyll and Hyde performances, never know what night he'll have.
Missiaen - AHL is too much for him at this stage, big guy needs to use his size better, ECHL.
Stajcer - Played on 3 (shaky) games, evident he needs time in the ECHL.
Hince - Dressed only as a backup so far, no game action yet.

D
Gilroy - All offense, suspect on defense, make things happen in O-zone,
Pyett - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Vernace - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Parlett - Carries puck well and tries to get involved on the O, but a D liability.
Collins - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Klassen - Had his head, hands and legs in his a.. all season. Liability. Must go.
Niemi - Roleplayer who hustled, but out indef. after injury.
McIlrath - Injured, no game action yet.

F
Newbury - is Newbury, will score, fight, assist, 1st line, 4th line. Too many dumb selfish penalties, but heart and soul of the Whale.
Kolarik - Dormant early on, he is slowly getting back to being himself, needs to finish more regulary.
Hrivik - After a slow start, he is coming around with his passing and good vision, noticeable every game.
Jean - Early on a Point/game player, but has cooled off dramatically since, consistency.
Miller - Speed, skill, wicked shot, needs to work on his D, very good for a young kid though.
Grant - Ugh. Goals came in bunches at the start of the year, but has disappeared ever since.
Thomas - Offensive dynamo getting more confident, a good PP point option, crafty and skilled.
Segal - A poised vet when he decides to show up every 5-8 games, otherwise invisible.
Kreider - Skill level evident, snake-bitten a lot this season, 4G and 6A is not enough.
Bourque - Offense coming around this season, more confidence, quick but small.
Haley - Heart and soul guy who'll fight anyone, but needs more than 2G and 6A in 25 games.
Tessier - Hard worker who needs to show up more on the scoresheet, loses key faceoffs often.
Yogan - Sent to ECHL after 11 uneventful games, seemed overmatched at all levels.
Pitt - Played 1 game.
Wiebe - Played 4 games, shows hustle and good board work, needs more opportunities.
Wilson - Never played a game, sent to ECHL.

Summary
The G situation is very unclear, Talbot plays like an all-star one game and like all-crap the next, and there is no capable backup in sight, Missiaen and Stajcer both aren't good enough for the AHL (at least now/this year), so the Whale have signed a backup with next to no ECHL experience to a PTO.

The D is still weak and horrible. If not for Gilroy's offensive game, he too should get the boot. Vernace, Pyett and Collins are brutal and leave people scratching their heads. The Parlett experiment has failed (badly) and its time for him to move on. Sam Klassen is holding on dearly to his professional career by a thread. Niemi I am not willing to give up on yet, too bad he got hurt early on.

On the O, Thomas, Hrivik, Bourque and Miller have been pleasant surprises, Newbury and Kolarik have been steady... sometimes too steady, but they are the core of the forwards. Kyle Jean is in a funk an needs to get back on track, has fallen off the radar quite a bit. Kreider is an interesting assessment, he tries hard and probably has the most individual skill and hockey IQ of all, but 1 guy alone can't do it, hasn't really developed serious chemistry with anyone. For Segal, Grant, Tessier, I see no future with the Whale. Haley is Haley, but needs to put more points on the board. Yogan, Wilson are ???, Wiebe if he continues his hustle could catch on on the 4th line.

With the record 11-12-2 so far in 25 games, the only consistency is the inconsistency. It is anyone's guess who the next 25 games, let alone the remaining season, will look like. Maybe fresh blood on defense and at forward could ignite the team. Also, Talbot can't play all the remaining games, they better have a plan B or C or D for the G position.

Remain blessed.

Old
12-15-2012, 06:41 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
There shouldn't be a lot of concerns with Kreider. He was successful at the NHL level when he was playing on a line with Richards and etc. From what I am told from a few who have watched the games is that he is playing down to his competition and teammates. Very similar situation when he was at BC

Old
12-15-2012, 07:08 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

McLIrath will help when he gets back, hopefully in 3-4 weeks.

This team really misses Redden.

Since there really won't be trades this year, the best the Whale can do is to hang in there with this bunch, hopefully Niemi (who was playing decent) can come back towards the end of the season and this team can get a few reinforcements and sneak into the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed.

This team is a case of what you see is what you get; St Croix in theory should be playing long after the Whale season is done (Memorial Cup, etc.), McColgan isn't going to help the scoring by himself, and it would be really nice to bring Lindberg and Fast over since they're under contract and their seasons should be done before the Whale end, but I somehow doubt that's in the plans (getting released from SEL commitments takes a few weeks, doesn't it?)

On D, I don't know how much Ceresnak would help (his team has been awful this season), and Noreau could still be playing hockey well after the Whale.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Fugly... CT Whale is 29th out of 30 in attendance this year.
http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?view=attendance
It's really bad this year. The crowd on Wednesday was the second-lowest ever in the regular season. Can't even explain it.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:25 AM
dccuse

Friday was my first whale game. They do a nice job at the arena and the beer deal was solid. I was surprised how empty it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
It's really bad this year. The crowd on Wednesday was the second-lowest ever in the regular season. Can't even explain it.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Might be because of the shootings yesterday, the whole state in mourning.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Our bottom 6 line-up is not ideal by any means but you keep knocking the Rangers depth in a general sense when in reality it's good and better than most teams when you conider our top 6 forwards and our number of higher end defensemen .
This makes no sense. You are saying that our bottom-6 is good because our top-6 is good? So because we have Richards and Nash, I should be excited to see Pyatt, Asham, Halpern, Rupp, Kolarik and Haley all taking regular shift, and Newbury playing as soon as we get a single injury?

We are a top-heavy team. Period. Our depth sucks. And it would've sucked that much more with Gaborik injured and Kreider needing time in Hartford.

Our team's depth is not good, nor is it better than most teams', even when Gabby is healthy. Without Gabby, we'd have one of the worst depth in the NHL, and anyone who fails to recognize it is simply being biased.

Quote:
Other teams have depth concerns too ya know.
Yes, some also lack depth, but Cup contenders all have better depth. All of them.

Quote:
We are better off than most teams.
This is flat out wrong.

Quote:
Often the team that looks best on paper doesn't produce the expected results when it all comes down to it. Chemistry is key.
This is not a relevant argument here. It's BS meant to cover up a problem. That's like saying, "yes, I know you have heart pains, but that doesn't mean anything because many people who don't have heart pains also have heart problems."

What proof is there that Asham, Halpern, Pyatt, etc will have good chemistry?

A team that looks good on paper might be worse than it seems, but it's rare that a team that looks bad on paper is suddenly good. Do you expect Pyatt to suddenly turn into a 25-goal scorer? It's more likely for a 50-goal scorer to get into a drought for the whole season than it is for a 5-goal scrub to suddenly score 25-30 goals.

Quote:
Regarding depth in Hartford. You have JT Miller.
Miller is still a long ways away from being a productive NHLer. He's a second liner in the AHL. That's his current level. Whatever potential he might have, his current ability isn't there yet. He's not better than Hrivik and only mildly better than Kyle Jean. Sure, in 2 years he will likely be much better than any of them, but I'm talking about this season, and not 2 years from now. (Make sure to read what I just wrote properly. I don't want to hear from you 2 years from now that I claimed that Miller is permanently an AHL second liner).

Quote:
After this season you have Miller, Fasth, Lindberg, and hopefully a player like McIlrath who could be pushing for full time NHL spots in our line-up. Our depth is better than you give it credit for. Especially when you factor in the two older Swedes who are playing overseas in a men's league.

That's all after this season. In fact, the guys you mentioned won't even be ready next year for significant responsibility. They will either be in the AHL (or the SEL) or just breaking into the NHL under close supervision. I am not discussing our depth in 2015-16. I'm talking about about this year, 2012-13. And our depth is lacking.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-15-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old
12-15-2012, 12:28 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Beacon, i agree and that's why I've said all along if the Rangers are going to do it with this group it wasn't going to be this season, but next season.

They need one more scorer even with Nash to have three scoring lines, and more depth.

Next year Miller, Thomas, Jean, Hrivik will all have an AHL season of experience, McLIrath will have played hopefully half a season, and Kreider will hopefully round out his game.

Fasth will come over, Lindberg is physically ready for North American hockey, and St. Croix will be breaking in.

That's much more depth already. To win the Cup, one of these guys has to be able to net 20 goals and fill some 2nd/3rd line needs. if Fasth can do it right away, awesome, and same goes for Lindberg being a 4th line center, but having all these guys in the minors a year older and knowing what to expect will help.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
This makes no sense. You are saying that our bottom-6 is good because our top-6 is good? So because we have Richards and Nash, I should be excited to see Pyatt, Asham, Halpern, Rupp, Kolarik and Haley all taking regular shift, and Newbury playing as soon as we get a single injury?
No you keep knocking the Rangers depth across the board when in reality the only real concern is the bottom 6 forwards.... Are you saying we have no depth on Defense? No depth in net? No depth among forwards who can skate in top 6 role?

Richards, Callahan, Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, Kreider, Boyle, Stepan = Crappy depth on offense right?

Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto = Crappy depth on D right? Please name 10 NHL teams with a better defensive core than NYR.

Quote:
We are a top-heavy team. Period. Our depth sucks. And it would've sucked that much more with Gaborik injured and Kreider needing time in Hartford.
Sayin 'period' doesn't make your opinion a fact bub. Our depth sucks huh? Embellish/overreact much?

Quote:
Our team's depth is not good, nor is it better than most teams', even when Gabby is healthy. Without Gabby, we'd have one of the worst depth in the NHL, and anyone who fails to recognize it is simply being biased.
LOL so our depth is 'not good' when Gaborik is healthy but 'one of the worst in the NHL' when Gaborik is injured. So according to you our team is one injured Gaborik away from being on par with the worst teams in the league (Edmonton, Columbus, Islanders, etc)? Can you see why it's hard to take your comments/opinion seriously when you overreact & embellish so much???

Please name 15 NHL teams who have better depth than the Rangers... Go ahead as this should be interesting.

Quote:
Yes, some also lack depth, but Cup contenders all have better depth. All of them.
Just like the Devils heading into last season, right? How was their defensive depth? How many all star / elite defensemen did they have? Tallinder? Volchenkov? Greene? Fayne? Salvador? Wow look at that impressive D-core. Didn't stop them from making it all the way to Game 6 of the finals, now did it?

Quote:
That's all after this season. In fact, the guys you mentioned won't even be ready next year for significant responsibility. They will either be in the AHL (or the SEL) or just breaking into the NHL under close supervision. I am not discussing our depth in 2015-16. I'm talking about about this year, 2012-13. And our depth is lacking.
Won't be ready? Oh you mean like how Del Zotto wasn't ready coming out of juniors and put up nearly 40 points his rookie season? How about Stepan not being ready and putting up 20 goals and 45 points as a 20 year old? I'm sure you would have said the exact same thing about these players with your glass half empty / cynicism approach. Fact is NHL teams including competitive teams will skate young players in lesser roles and let them develop alongside NHL talent and teammates they will be playin with moving forward. Lindberg & Fasth will both be 22 years old next year.... Not old enough to be ready to play & develop/contribute in the NHL yet huh? Miller will be 20 years old next year, so it's totally out of the question that he could play in the NHL and contribute the same way that Stepan did at the same age, right?

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-15-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Osminator

F this team, another 1-0 loss (this time vs Portland)... Another 0 pt weekend. Did I mention f this team? F them. Parlett and Pyett I hope you end up in the 4th Albanian Ice Hockey League next year, I hate you both.

Edit: im reeeally pissed after watching the game

Last edited by Osminator: 12-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old
12-15-2012, 09:24 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Was at the game (1st one for me) and the lack of offense was pretty troubling. I don't care what the stats say the shots on goal were, the Whale had pretty much zero going offensively tonight. The arena was pretty dead, too. Still, a great experience that I'll try to do more often.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Kershaw

Moving away from negativity, how legit is Hrvik as a prospect? He has been one of the few bright spots on the team it seems.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
No you keep knocking the Rangers depth across the board when in reality the only real concern is the bottom 6 forwards.
You seem to have a hard time with the word depth. It doesn't mean the first line, it means the bottom of the lineup. And we are undoubtedly weak there.

Quote:
Richards, Callahan, Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, Kreider, Boyle, Stepan = Crappy depth on offense right?

Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto = Crappy depth on D right?
That's right. Having 8 forwards and 4 defensemen is crappy depth. Depth means being at least 12/6 deep, hopefully more than that. And with Gaborik injured and Kreider needing AHL seasoning (had there not been a lockout, he'd have likely spent these month in the AHL), we would've been down to 6 half-decent forwards, half of what we need.

Quote:
Please name 10 NHL teams with a better defensive core than NYR.
Are you from an English-speaking country? If not, have you considered taking English as a foreign language in your school? You seem to have tremendous problems with the word "depth."

The point isn't how strong the defensive core is, but how many quality defensemen we have and we only have 4, which is 33% less than the minimum needed.

Quote:
Sayin 'period' doesn't make your opinion a fact bub. Our depth sucks huh? Embellish/overreact much?
The problem isn't embellishment, but your inability to comprehend basic English words like "depth." Yes, our depth sucks. If you look at the bottom third of the lineup, it is one of the worst in the league. And if you take out Gaborik, we are really not doing well.

Quote:
so our depth is 'not good' when Gaborik is healthy but 'one of the worst in the NHL' when Gaborik is injured. So according to you our team is one injured Gaborik away from being on par with the worst teams in the league (Edmonton, Columbus, Islanders, etc)?
Seriously dude, English? Logic comprehension?

Having bad depth is not the same as having a bad team. A team that is top-heavy, but not deep can still be decent, but it doesn't detract from the fact that its depth is terrible.

You have a hard time admitting anything bad about the Rangers, and therefore you pretend like you don't understand what the word "depth" means and then re-define other stuff I said. Saying that without Gaborik our depth is among the worst is not the same as saying our team is among the worst. Are you really incapable of understanding this?

Quote:
Won't be ready? Oh you mean like how Del Zotto wasn't ready coming out of juniors and put up nearly 40 points his rookie season? How about Stepan not being ready and putting up 20 goals and 45 points as a 20 year old?
These were premier prospects going into the season. Fast isn't the same as Stepan. Plus, finding a couple exceptions the rule proves nothing. This is no different than me saying, "lottery is not a good investment" and you responding, "oh yeah? what about Bob who won in 2011 and Mike who won in 2005? was it a bad investment when they won millions?"

In both cases, we are talking about exceptions, not the rule, and there's absolutely no reason to believe Fast will be an productive NHLer next year. None.

Furthermore, we are NOT talking about next year's depth. For all we know, our prospects will all blossom very quickly or we'll sign some players or second-tier guys like Jean and Thomas break-through. But that's next year.

We are discussing THIS year. Even if Fast, Lindberg, Thomas, Jean, Hrivik, Miller and McIlrath all suddenly get really good, giving us great depth in 2013-14, it has no relation to this year. THIS year, our depth sucks. Big time.

Quote:
Can you see why it's hard to take your comments/opinion seriously when you overreact & embellish so much???
What you are doing is called a strawman argument. You create a strawman and then you knock him down. But what you are arguing against is not at all what I said. You either 1) don't speak English; 2) dumb as a brick; 3) just denying what words and sentences mean in order to be able to deny something.

When I write, "our depth is bad", you respond as if I wrote "our whole team is bad." So either you are lying or you don't speak English or you are really dumb. In all 3 of these situations, I don't care to speak to you anymore.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-16-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old
12-16-2012, 12:36 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
F this team, another 1-0 loss (this time vs Portland)... Another 0 pt weekend. Did I mention f this team? F them. Parlett and Pyett I hope you end up in the 4th Albanian Ice Hockey League next year, I hate you both.

Thanks for your reports on all the players Osminator! Nice to get some reviews from someone who sees every game. On Talbot, is it more he lets in bad goals or is he just getting burned by the awful defense in front of him?

Hopefully the team can get McIlrath back soon.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Might be because of the shootings yesterday, the whole state in mourning.
Wouldn't imagine that'd have anything to do with the attendance, as tragic as that was. There was a vigil in Bushnell Park a few blocks from the arena. Most AHL crowds are built on advance sales. I haven't seen a great walk-up crowd at a game in Hartford in awhile.

The games just aren't marketed correctly. Baldwin changing the team from the Wolf Pack to the Whale (and them sticking with it) is what screwed everything up. Divided a fan base in two.

Anyways - Connecticut is a HEAVY place right now. Nothing is more important than Newtown, so I couldn't give a **** about the Whale's 1-0 loss I witnessed tonight, their lousy defense or their inability to score a goal. I can't wait to hug my little cousins on Saturday.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:

Chill out dude. I've been a Wolf Pack fan since the beginning and even I can deal with a bad year. It really doesn't matter.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Moving away from negativity, how legit is Hrvik as a prospect? He has been one of the few bright spots on the team it seems.
I say pretty legit. Still needs much more time to develop but there's no reason he can't be a 3rd line guy who can play both ways and net enough goals to matter. Will be great to watch him develop.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Chill out dude. I've been a Wolf Pack fan since the beginning and even I can deal with a bad year. It really doesn't matter.
I've followed the franchise from the Binghampton Rangers days, where backup Mark LaForest used to openly smoke during gas station breaks on bus road trips... lol!

I never chill

Old
12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Osminator

Congrats Hartford and CT Whale, last, 30th out of 30 teams in attendance!

http://theahl.com/mobile/schedule.ph...=&bblh=mSafari

Old
12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Quote:
25 games into the season, I think it is fair to say we've seen everyone play enough to have an honest opinion about them... so here is my review if you care for it:

G
Talbot - Jeckyll and Hyde performances, never know what night he'll have.
Missiaen - AHL is too much for him at this stage, big guy needs to use his size better, ECHL.
Stajcer - Played on 3 (shaky) games, evident he needs time in the ECHL.
Hince - Dressed only as a backup so far, no game action yet.

D
Gilroy - All offense, suspect on defense, make things happen in O-zone,
Pyett - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Vernace - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Parlett - Carries puck well and tries to get involved on the O, but a D liability.
Collins - Had his head in his a.. the first 20-22 games, awful.
Klassen - Had his head, hands and legs in his a.. all season. Liability. Must go.
Niemi - Roleplayer who hustled, but out indef. after injury.
McIlrath - Injured, no game action yet.

F
Newbury - is Newbury, will score, fight, assist, 1st line, 4th line. Too many dumb selfish penalties, but heart and soul of the Whale.
Kolarik - Dormant early on, he is slowly getting back to being himself, needs to finish more regulary.
Hrivik - After a slow start, he is coming around with his passing and good vision, noticeable every game.
Jean - Early on a Point/game player, but has cooled off dramatically since, consistency.
Miller - Speed, skill, wicked shot, needs to work on his D, very good for a young kid though.
Grant - Ugh. Goals came in bunches at the start of the year, but has disappeared ever since.
Thomas - Offensive dynamo getting more confident, a good PP point option, crafty and skilled.
Segal - A poised vet when he decides to show up every 5-8 games, otherwise invisible.
Kreider - Skill level evident, snake-bitten a lot this season, 4G and 6A is not enough.
Bourque - Offense coming around this season, more confidence, quick but small.
Haley - Heart and soul guy who'll fight anyone, but needs more than 2G and 6A in 25 games.
Tessier - Hard worker who needs to show up more on the scoresheet, loses key faceoffs often.
Yogan - Sent to ECHL after 11 uneventful games, seemed overmatched at all levels.
Pitt - Played 1 game.
Wiebe - Played 4 games, shows hustle and good board work, needs more opportunities.
Wilson - Never played a game, sent to ECHL.

Summary
The G situation is very unclear, Talbot plays like an all-star one game and like all-crap the next, and there is no capable backup in sight, Missiaen and Stajcer both aren't good enough for the AHL (at least now/this year), so the Whale have signed a backup with next to no ECHL experience to a PTO.

The D is still weak and horrible. If not for Gilroy's offensive game, he too should get the boot. Vernace, Pyett and Collins are brutal and leave people scratching their heads. The Parlett experiment has failed (badly) and its time for him to move on. Sam Klassen is holding on dearly to his professional career by a thread. Niemi I am not willing to give up on yet, too bad he got hurt early on.

On the O, Thomas, Hrivik, Bourque and Miller have been pleasant surprises, Newbury and Kolarik have been steady... sometimes too steady, but they are the core of the forwards. Kyle Jean is in a funk an needs to get back on track, has fallen off the radar quite a bit. Kreider is an interesting assessment, he tries hard and probably has the most individual skill and hockey IQ of all, but 1 guy alone can't do it, hasn't really developed serious chemistry with anyone. For Segal, Grant, Tessier, I see no future with the Whale. Haley is Haley, but needs to put more points on the board. Yogan, Wilson are ???, Wiebe if he continues his hustle could catch on on the 4th line.

With the record 11-12-2 so far in 25 games, the only consistency is the inconsistency. It is anyone's guess who the next 25 games, let alone the remaining season, will look like. Maybe fresh blood on defense and at forward could ignite the team. Also, Talbot can't play all the remaining games, they better have a plan B or C or D for the G position.

Remain blessed.
I think Kreider's game is more suited for the NHL than AHL.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
I think Kreider's game is more suited for the NHL than AHL.
This very well could be true. Kreider did has success at the NHL level playing with some legit talent. For whatever reasons he has been producing well below expectations in the AHL. Some players just seems to play down to the level of competition they are at. However, the season is still early so he can turn it around

Old
12-17-2012, 10:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 17, 2012 11:08a

Good to see @dylan_mcilrath going full out with the rest of @CTWhale in regular practice. #bleedgreen

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/HawkCrawford/stat...06059608408065

Old
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Pizza

A lot of concern about the Whale here. It's a fair bit over the top, imo. They are a very young team in an organization that is using the AHL as a strict development opportunity for their prospects.

Within reason, very little scrutiny should be given to what the Whale's record is. The record that should be scrutinized is how many players have graduated to the Rangers and have made useful contributions.

With out listing it out, the names on that list gives me a lot of confidence that things will be just fine with the Whale moving forward.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Congrats Hartford and CT Whale, last, 30th out of 30 teams in attendance!

http://theahl.com/mobile/schedule.ph...=&bblh=mSafari
The city of Hartford in general just really doesn't seem to like that AHL team. Kind of feels like they hold it against the franchise that they're not the Hartford Whalers.

Oh well, move the team somewhere else

Closed Thread