HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears fall to 8-6

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
That's real nice that Urlacher doesn't care about the fans. Oh well...he's done and should be gone after this season.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
We have the easiest route to 10-6. Cardinals suck and the Lions are playing some of their worst football of the season. No reason we can't win out.
I agree. the Cardinals are clearly the worst team in football.

Wouldn't that be something if the Bears eek out these last 2 games, then go to Green Bay for the playoffs? That would give Lovie a chance to further his futility against GB by losing to them 3 times in one season...and then he gets fired. Maybe if we're lucky they will ship Cutler off with him.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I agree. the Cardinals are clearly the worst team in football.

Wouldn't that be something if the Bears eek out these last 2 games, then go to Green Bay for the playoffs? That would give Lovie a chance to further his futility against GB by losing to them 3 times in one season...and then he gets fired. Maybe if we're lucky they will ship Cutler off with him.
Shipping Cutler off would be a huge mistake. Fix the OL and give him 1 more target and he will be great. No QB is going to be good on this offense with one WR who can run his route and catch the ball, while no other WRs or TEs can.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:23 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
I will not be happy with the Bears bring back Smith after a 1 and done. However, what I am really concerned about is the possibility the Bears finish 10-6 and don't make the playoffs. I don't want to hear any ******** about how this was a successful season and luck just didn't go their way. If they don't make the playoffs, he must go.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Shipping Cutler off would be a huge mistake. Fix the OL and give him 1 more target and he will be great. No QB is going to be good on this offense with one WR who can run his route and catch the ball, while no other WRs or TEs can.
Except Rodgers has a worse O-line and still manages to do ok.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Rodgers' line is better. A ton of the sacks he takes are because he refuses to throw the ball away and tends to stay in the pocket for way too long sometimes. It's probably the only thing Rodgers is a bit suspect at.

Not that they're good by any means, but they're better than what the Bears have.

You also didn't acknowledge the rest of TorMenT's post. He mentioned getting Cutler 1 more target, which is fair. Rodgers has a trillion of them. Not comparable.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
coldsteelonice84

Cutler has better than average feet but he is not Rodgers. Rodgers not only moves much better but also maintains focus of the field better. He's a damn near perfect QB, reminds me of Elway only when Elway finally won, he had many more weapons, O-line, Davis at RB, Sharpe, McCaffrey and Smith weren't quite Nelson/Jennings/Jones but it's close.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Cutler has better than average feet but he is not Rodgers. Rodgers not only moves much better but also maintains focus of the field better. He's a damn near perfect QB, reminds me of Elway only when Elway finally won, he had many more weapons, O-line, Davis at RB, Sharpe, McCaffrey and Smith weren't quite Nelson/Jennings/Jones but it's close.
Rodgers does have better feet for sure. I feel like he tends to feel he has more time than he actually does, though, which is maybe the one fault of his game. He holds on to the ball for a really long time, seems to take a lot of coverage sacks. Got away with doing it a bunch yesterday with the Bears unable to really pressure him in the second half.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

I honestly don't think our switch to the 3-4 would be that rocky. We've got quite a few guys that actually fit better there.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Rodgers does have better feet for sure. I feel like he tends to feel he has more time than he actually does, though, which is maybe the one fault of his game. He holds on to the ball for a really long time, seems to take a lot of coverage sacks. Got away with doing it a bunch yesterday with the Bears unable to really pressure him in the second half.
I was saying this all day during the Seattle game and all I got was condescension from people because ESPN makes him out to be God.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I was saying this all day during the Seattle game and all I got was condescension from people because ESPN makes him out to be God.
Hahaha. Typical reaction. Rodgers sometimes is a bit too patient, it's the reason he has so much trouble getting going against the Giants these days.

Now granted, that's just stating the obvious. Any team that has a dominant passing game will be most vulnerable to a team with a great pass rush. But still.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I honestly don't think our switch to the 3-4 would be that rocky. We've got quite a few guys that actually fit better there.
The only guy in the front 7 that would fit better in the 3-4 is McClellin.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Except Rodgers has a worse O-line and still manages to do ok.
Everyone on his team can catch the ball, there's far better coaching there, and he's top 4 QBs in the league, so it's a completely different situation.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
The only guy in the front 7 that would fit better in the 3-4 is McClellin.
Wootton would be better in a 3-4 too.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

I think Briggs would fit well in the ILB spot and Peppers wouldn't miss a beat in the 3-4 either.

The secondary pretty much fine as well.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Wootton would be better in a 3-4 too.
Forgot about him. He could certainly make the adjustment but it's hard to say if he'd be better as a 5 tech.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:17 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Well, actually we'd need a bit more speed from the corners.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Illinihockey

In a switch to a 3-4, the Bears need a NT and another OLB (don't know if Wooten can play LB). So changing wouldnt be that big of a deal.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I love the logic, the OL sucks and OC suck so get rid of Culter?

And replace him with who, Brady or Manning would have a hard time succeeding in this offense. No line to protect you, 1 weapon, and the worst play calling in the NFL.

The fact that Cutler is as good as he is in these circumstances shows he is a good QB. Just look at how Campbell has played on the same team. Cutler was a Pro Bowler in Denver, what did they have, a good OL, more then 1 target to throw to, and a OC that could call a good game. If we got Cutler those things I think he could be a Pro Bowler again.

It's time for a regime change, I don't have any ill will towards Lovie but it's time for him to go. This team is just going in circles at the moment and it's time for a shake-up and a few fresh ideas.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post

It's time for a regime change, I don't have any ill will towards Lovie but it's time for him to go. This team is just going in circles at the moment and it's time for a shake-up and a few fresh ideas.
Absolutely agree. I've been a long time Lovie defender but at this point he is what he is. 7, 9, 7, 11, 8, 8, 8 (and counting) are his win totals the last 7 years. Thats just not good enough.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
RomersWorld

And Cutler is infinitely a better QB now than when he got here IMO. That just proves how bad this offense is.

Jay Cutler is a probowler on the Broncos and he was a bad QB. He is so much better now with his decision making, defensive reads and his throws were always bullets. But when you compare the 2009 Cutler to this Cutler it isn't even close. Then remember that the crappy Cutler we got in 2009 was a friggin probowler the year before. That shows how bad our offense makes him look.

Then look at how awful Campbell was in our offense. He actually had good numbers last year and the year before. He looked like crap during his start and looked like he was a rookie. Our offense makes QBs look like crap.

Then look at the Patriots who have Matt Cassel become a probowler on their team even though he sucks. Look at how Matt Flynn replaced Rodgers for one game and threw like 5 TDs and 400 yards..then got a huge deal and couldn't beat out a rookie. Take a look at the Redskins...Kirk Cousins steps in and throws 2 TDs and 300+ yards.

People were callign Matt Stafford a possible top 5 QB last season. Why? Because he was putting up huge numbers and his team was winning. Was he a top 5 QB? Not even close but he was in a great offense and things were certainly clicking. Our offense can never get on the same page whether our run blocking sucks or our pass blocking sucks. They are never both good. Either Forte sucks or the WRs are dropping easy catches. Our offense is a ****ing mess all the time. Or when it is clicking, like against the Seahawks...Mike Tice decides not to put up anymore points because we are up 1 TD and we let the Seahawks come back and win because we went into a shell offensively.

IMO we have a good enough QB, RB and #1 WR. But the Oline is brutal, the TEs are the worst in the NFL and the WRs other than Marshall are crap. I remember on MNF against I think the 49ers when Gruden was commenting on how every single offensive lineman was playing a position different then they played in college or even previously in the NFL. They move them all over the place..ever year they tried Chris Williams at a new position instead of trying to let him become good at 1 of them. They signed Spencer as a center I think and have played him everywhere but there. And Jamarcus Webb...just ****ing lmao. So please tell me why we promoted the guy who was in charge of this awful offensive line to the offensive coordinator position? That is so ****ing retarded it makes my head hurt.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
he's never been close to great and never will be. he's just not that good

Old
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

Madgoat, we're not getting a better QB without a top 5 pick so you're saying blow it up?

Old
12-17-2012, 05:47 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he's never been close to great and never will be. he's just not that good
That being said he is the best the Bears have had in many many years. I'm all for snatching a QB somewhere in the draft but this team is lacking in many areas.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Cutler is good proven NFL starting QB

There is no point in not going forward with him at this point ,, Only issue could be his health

The Bears cant go back to having garbage at QB ,, I grew up most of my life with only Erik Kramer as decent QB (Harbaugh was garbage , Miller average , Grossman awful and Orton was Steve Walsh 2.0)

Closed Thread