HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Max Pacioretty

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Siludin

vCash: 500
Tanev + Kassian

Old
12-17-2012, 01:55 AM
UnknownAvenger

Anaheim trading Etem is probably less likely than MTL trading Max, but here goes:

Pacioretty

for

DSP
Etem

DSP has top-6 potential and brings size and power - I think he can get you 20 goals - and you get a high profile top-6 winger prospect in Etem. If their potential works out, Etem/Gally combo could be deadly for years to come.

With Selanne/Koivu likely gone after this season (or lack of season), Ducks bring in a sure thing to replace those goals.

Hopeful Ducks Top-6 next year:

Max - Getz - Perry
Ryan - Holland - Palmieri

Old
12-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Patches for OEL? Probably would at least think long and hard about that trade from either side.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:54 AM
KingHab

personally as a habs fan i Would do:

Yakupov for Patches
or
OEL for Patches

Old
12-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Alas, I doubt Vancouver could afford Patches. The best they could do is Kassian+Jensen+

Old
12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
hmm we seem lack a lot of top 6 talent, apart from MacPac/Pleks
So to fill our need for top 6 talent, we'd trade one of our few top 6 talent.

Talk about a pointless thread.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

A big legit top pairing d-man or a big, legit first line center in and around the same age as Pacioretty. The player should also be under contractual control for as long as Pacioretty is and not be an unproven prospect, unless it's a can't miss, blue chipper.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:29 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Tanev + Kassian
Horrible, anyways Patches is too valuable to the habs plus he has a great contract.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Wow, ive never heard that one before

Seriously? You can't just answer the question?

That is the most used quote on these boards and it is quickly getting annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
But if he was on another team, would he worth more to this team than what Montreal would be willing to give up for him?

Just for fun, if he wasn't on our team, but on a team like Colombus, how much Montreal would be willing to give up for him?
If Montreal were to move him, it would probably require something outrageous the trading partner would not want to give up. He's developing into a good powerforward with a nose for the net. These players are rare and considering Montreal wants to shake of its ''small and soft'' label, a player like Pacioretty is invaluable to the Canadiens. He's exactly the type of forward the team's been looking for years.

Toronto for example, in my opinion would need to do that:

Rielly+ 2014 1st+ 2nd

Would the Leafs be willing to give up that much? I don't think so. Would Montreal be willing to give their best winger for less? I don't think so either.

Players like Pacioretty don't get moved out of the blue like that usually. Not only that, but the timing of trade him is god awful. Will he score 40 goals next year? Will he have a slump? Will he settle down as a 30-30 player? Montreal would move him out of desperation only. Guys like him would change team either because their contract has expired and they can't reach and agreement or if the team is dissatisfied with their play and decides to trade them. Otherwise there'd be no reason to trade him unless:

1. You get a gross overpayment in return.

2. You get a proven asset of the same value in return. This usually results in a lateral move more than anything.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Ginu

Montreal's doing well assembling a strong core in Pacioretty, Subban, Galchenyuk and Price. Those pieces are very complementary. It would take a lot to pry any of those 4 away from that group.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:48 AM
palindrom

Are you aware that even if its not the most probable path, there is a not negligible probability that Max Pac just had his best year in career and wont repeat a 30+ goals season again ?

The average age for a NHL forward career peak is 25yo, but there are a number of them who peak at 23yo.

Any of you remember Christopher Higgins at 24yo, while he was for a short time the best NHL goals scorer?

Many Montreal fans labeled him at this time as one of the most unrated player of the league and he was one of our most valuable asset, the kind of player you wanna build a team around for a decade.

Well, he never reached the 20 goals again.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Are you aware that even if its not the most probable path, there is a not negligible probability that Max Pac just had his best year in career and wont repeat a 30+ goals season again ?

The average age for a NHL forward career peak is 25yo, but there are a number of them who peak at 23yo.

Any of you remember Christopher Higgins at 24yo, while he was for a short time the best NHL goals scorer?

Many Montreal fans labeled him at this time as one of the most unrated player of the league and he was one of our most valuable asset, the kind of player you wanna build a team around for a decade.

Which is exactly why it'd be stupid to move him now from either perspective. The team Montreal trades him to might give a lot, just so Pacioretty declines into a 20 goals scorer. In that situation, Montreal could run straight to the bank with the pieces given for him.

On the flipside, that team might get a consistent 35-40 goal scorer and Montreal might end up with mediocre players or busts. The future is uncertain for Pacioretty, he hasn't yet proven he can be a 30-35 goal scorer year in and year out, we don't exactly know what we'll get of him.

A player like Plekanec is proven and you know exactly what you'll get from him. 20-30 in a mediocre year, 25-35 in a good year, 30-40 in a great year. He's always between 50-70 pts and good for 20-30 goals. It'd be much easier to move a player like him than Pacioretty who, for all we know, may turn into a 40-40 guy or a 20-20 one.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
sharks9

Quote:

Chris Higgins never hit 30 goals or 60 points.

And what if this was just a hint of things to come for Pacioretty? He finished 4th in the league in Even Strength Goals. With a good PP he could hit 40 in a year.

Also, why do you constantly want to trade our best players for prospects? At some point you have to keep the players you have, not just constantly trade them away.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Chris Higgins never hit 30 goals or 60 points.

And what if this was just a hint of things to come for Pacioretty? He finished 4th in the league in Even Strength Goals. With a good PP he could hit 40 in a year.

Also, why do you constantly want to trade our best players for prospects? At some point you have to keep the players you have, not just constantly trade them away.
i dont want to trade MaxPac, i dont want to trade our best players too.

i only want to trade Price.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
i dont want to trade MaxPac, i dont want to trade our best players too.

i only want to trade Price.
Why do you even want to trade Price? He's an excellent goalie and viewed as one of the 10 best in the league...or maybe you're the type to believe most goalies are actually equal and they benefit from systems more than from their own talent. In that case I can understand why you'd want to move Price as he'd be easily replaceable. Doubt reality is like that though.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

There are a handful of players I'd trade Pacioretty for like OEL or Tarasenko (if he comes over) but these would mostly be lateral moves and I'm happy with keeping Pacioretty.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Patches for OEL? Probably would at least think long and hard about that trade from either side.
Phoenix doesn't.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What are the Habs needs these days?
Scoring wingers with size. The guy this thread is about basically...

The habs are not up to the brim with good wingers prospects to begin with. actually, we have almost none that could potentially, eventually, replace patches' production, so nothing short of a ridiculous overpayment would be required. Oel for patches I'd do. Phoenix won't and for good reasons, but it gives you an idea of what he's worth to this team.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
488McFitter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
personally as a habs fan i Would do:

Yakupov for Patches
or
OEL for Patches
Of course you would. You're essentially calling Max a franchise player. He's a great complimentary player that any team would love to have, but he's not gonna get you that big of a return IMO.

I would offer Hemsky + Paajarvi though.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:37 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post
Of course you would. You're essentially calling Max a franchise player. He's a great complimentary player that any team would love to have, but he's not gonna get you that big of a return IMO.

I would offer Hemsky + Paajarvi though.
I get why the yak trade wouldn't happen, but no way in hell does hemsky and paajarvi gets max

Old
12-17-2012, 01:51 PM
488McFitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
I get why the yak trade wouldn't happen, but no way in hell does hemsky and paajarvi gets max
I didn't expect Hab fans to like it, but none of the young studs on the Oilers are going anywhere either.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:

lol no he wasn't. Where do you regurgitate this crap from? Almost as bad as your obsession with wanting to trade Price.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I love the terrible offers from the Canadian teams in this thread?

Kassian + Jensen?

Hemsky + Paajarvi?

Haha get the hell out of here.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:02 PM
488McFitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I love the terrible offers from the Canadian teams in this thread?

Kassian + Jensen?

Hemsky + Paajarvi?

I love the demands by Hab fans in this thread? <-- Not sure why this is a question mark.

Yakupov?

OEL?

Old
12-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post
I love the demands by Hab fans in this thread? <-- Not sure why this is a question mark.

Yakupov?

OEL?

You have absolutely no idea do you?

You want Patches, you make an offer. If all you have to offer is spare parts that Montreal doesn't want, then let me quote your very own words and "get the hell out of here."

Montreal is not in the business of building a team for Edmonton. If your gm can't build his own team, then get another gm.

Closed Thread