Old
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Supposedly this happened:
Ah, I see. Thanks for filling in the blanks. The divas match signaled time for my junk food fix.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Any predictions for RAW?

Old
12-17-2012, 12:27 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Rock wins an award for something and cuts a promo via satellite getting the buildup started right away.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:31 AM
17futurecap

Are they taping the 2 Raw's this week for X-Mas Eve and New Year's Eve? Hate taped Raw shows.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:04 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

I thought the Pittsburgh taping was for Smackdown and next week's RAW. Could be wrong though.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:08 AM
RussianRocket10

Today is going to be the slowest day ever. About 8 hours until I leave for Raw.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
So many things to touch base on with tonight's show. The Shield dominating, AJ's heel turn, Del Rio's face turn, what is Punk doing in regards to the Rumble, Dolph retaining and Cena not really having a program now. The list goes on.

There are bound to be some big shake ups in terms of whom is running programs with whom

Old
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
I honestly hate how they're now going to be bringing in guys like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H now for WrestleMania season. They have guys like The Shield and Dolph Ziggler coming off HUGE wins and a ton of momentum, and you just know when Rock/Lesnar/Undertaker/HHH come back, they're going to be overshadowed, unless The Shield attacks all of those guys (except Lesnar).

I understand why they come back, but I wish they didn't and WWE would put full focus in their full time guys.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
12-17-2012, 11:18 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
I honestly hate how they're now going to be bringing in guys like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and Triple H now for WrestleMania season. They have guys like The Shield and Dolph Ziggler coming off HUGE wins and a ton of momentum, and you just know when Rock/Lesnar/Undertaker/HHH come back, they're going to be overshadowed, unless The Shield attacks all of those guys (except Lesnar).

I understand why they come back, but I wish they didn't and WWE would put full focus in their full time guys.
If you're not down with that, I have two words for you.

Risk. Management.

The Rock and Lesnar are guaranteed draws. I agree that the timing is rough, because I'd like to see the Shield and Ziggler get more attention, but Vince is in the business of making money.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
If you're not down with that, I have two words for you.

Risk. Management.

The Rock and Lesnar are guaranteed draws. I agree that the timing is rough, because I'd like to see the Shield and Ziggler get more attention, but Vince is in the business of making money.
yeah, i know. They can still save them from being overshadowed though.

Ziggler just has to hold on to the briefcase and continue picking up wins heading into WrestleMania where he can be the first person to cash in at WrestleMania and win the World Championship. Would be huge for him.

With The Shield, it all depends on where they go from here. Who will they be put in a program with? Will more members come in? It's actually very interesting. I can see them getting involved and attacking The Rock at some point because it's an injustice that he can just walk in and get an instant championship match.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
yeah, i know. They can still save them from being overshadowed though.

Ziggler just has to hold on to the briefcase and continue picking up wins heading into WrestleMania where he can be the first person to cash in at WrestleMania and win the World Championship. Would be huge for him.

With The Shield, it all depends on where they go from here. Who will they be put in a program with? Will more members come in? It's actually very interesting. I can see them getting involved and attacking The Rock at some point because it's an injustice that he can just walk in and get an instant championship match.
Agree with you on Ziggler. He's held it for this long, let him go over on the grandest stage of the year. Plus, being at MetLife you know the crowd will go nuts for him if he cashes in.

I like the Shield as a 3 man army right now. I would like to see more freelance/random attacks that build to ppv matches here and there. They could run with that for several months if needed, then eventually let Rollins or Reigns turn face and put the other two into the tag team or mid card title scene. I think if they start adding more guys into it, it's gonna fall apart quickly just like the Nexus did.

If they plan on having Punk retain at the Rumble, having the Shield get involved is a fine way to do that. They could easily parlay that into a match at the Chamber ppv as well.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Just finished the PPV. Impressive.

Having Sandow and Rhodes opening was awesome. Really got the fans, myself included, into it.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Backstage at last night's TLC PPV, there was a lot of concern for the lack of pop that Ryback got when he came out for his match last night. Some were blaming the heel fans that were very loud in the crowd for the lack of reaction, but the feeling was that those same fans booed John Cena and were very vocal about their dislike of him.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Old
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Yeah that crowd was pretty smarky. It was good though, added to the show.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Backstage at last night's TLC PPV, there was a lot of concern for the lack of pop that Ryback got when he came out for his match last night. Some were blaming the heel fans that were very loud in the crowd for the lack of reaction, but the feeling was that those same fans booed John Cena and were very vocal about their dislike of him.

Oddly enough Ryback actually seemed to get some decent reactions later on in the match. He held up his end of the bargain and earned his paycheck last night. His entrance was uncomfortably quiet though

Old
12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Oddly enough Ryback actually seemed to get some decent reactions later on in the match. He held up his end of the bargain and earned his paycheck last night. His entrance was uncomfortably quiet though
Absolutely. He was giving/taking. It was a good mix. I felt the entire match was just so well done. I give him a lot of props for trying to crawl to the ring at the end to stop DB getting powerbombed, but just couldn't make it. I really felt that story was properly told.

If that was Cena, they would have had him run down as fast as possible, not showing any effects. Ryback, on the other hand, sold it really well. He kept falling and running slowly/stopping to show he was hurt.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:

Ahh yes, it's always the fans fault when something doesnt go the way the WWE wants it to go.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Absolutely. He was giving/taking. It was a good mix. I felt the entire match was just so well done. I give him a lot of props for trying to crawl to the ring at the end to stop DB getting powerbombed, but just couldn't make it. I really felt that story was properly told.

If that was Cena, they would have had him run down as fast as possible, not showing any effects. Ryback, on the other hand, sold it really well. He kept falling and running slowly/stopping to show he was hurt.
I think it helped a lot that Ryback wasn't the center of attention too, rather the spotlight was spread fairly evenly among all 6 guys. For not having much experience together, and especially in TLC matches together, they far exceeded my expectations. All of them. Even something stupid like Bryan locking in the crossface to each member of the Shield in succession, nearly submitting them, and then ultimately getting overpowered by Reigns, everything was fluid and they moved the match along flawlessly. The more I think about the spots in the match the more impressive the match gets to me.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
i agree with this.
the guy went from zero reaction, to getting the huge goldberg chants... and as the match kept going the whole place was chanting feed me more.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

those "feed me more" chants sounded very piped in, at least earlier in the match when they were doing it.

It seriously went...

Ryback entrance - no reaction whatsoever
early in the match - "Goldberg" chants that somehow turned into "Feed Me More" chants, then more "Goldberg" chants, and then another spot where the "Goldberg" chants somehow turned into "Feed Me More" chants and then solid "Feed Me More" chants as Ryback got back in the match after going through the announce table.

It was odd. At least mute the crowd and the Goldberg chants if you're going to do that.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
RussianRocket10

I don't know what you guys think but I think that last nights crowd at TLC was the 2nd most Anti-Cena crowd I've heard behind One Night Stand 2006 when he faced RVD.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
i agree with this.
the guy went from zero reaction, to getting the huge goldberg chants... and as the match kept going the whole place was chanting feed me more.
Quote:
those "feed me more" chants sounded very piped in, at least earlier in the match when they were doing it.

It seriously went...

Ryback entrance - no reaction whatsoever
early in the match - "Goldberg" chants that somehow turned into "Feed Me More" chants, then more "Goldberg" chants, and then another spot where the "Goldberg" chants somehow turned into "Feed Me More" chants and then solid "Feed Me More" chants as Ryback got back in the match after going through the announce table.

It was odd. At least mute the crowd and the Goldberg chants if you're going to do that.
The Feed Me More chants seemed genuine to me. Maybe someone in attendance would know better than us? The crowd might have been chanting it to mock him as well, just to get him into the ring so he could go through a table, or at least be part of a big table spot. To me though, it actually did sound like he slowly won over the Brooklyn crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I don't know what you guys think but I think that last nights crowd at TLC was the 2nd most Anti-Cena crowd I've heard behind One Night Stand 2006 when he faced RVD.
MITB 2011 was right up there with 1NS.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
MITB 2011 was right up there with 1NS.
Ah didn't see that one.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Ah didn't see that one.
Watch it ASAP. The entrances and the finish will give you the shivers. Really solid work from Punk/Cena/the Chicago faithful

Old
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
chuckdobbins

So yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to tonight's show. So much to do, and plenty (too much!) of time to sort it all out. Hopefully we aren't inundated with still frame recaps of last night every 30 seconds.

Closed Thread