Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Here's a thread stating that there is a change coming. Nothing but speculation about what said change may be...
Ok, yeah I saw those articles but I didn't really see much suggesting they were thinking about North Stars-style jerseys. And agreed on all counts about the garbage tossing.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:30 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Here's a thread stating that there is a change coming. Nothing but speculation about what said change may be...

If they go to North Stars colors...

Words would not describe.

But going to Cowboys colors, that could be awesome. Do it Dallas.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

If they go to North Stars colors...

Words would not describe.

But going to Cowboys colors, that could be awesome. Do it Dallas.
This .gif raises the question in my head "What if the NHL Lockout was an episode of Entourage?"

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
If the Stars ever play in North Stars colors, I will be right there with you throwing **** at them from the stands.

That whole franchise needs to rebrand entirely, relocate (preferably both), or just plain die.

Only then will we have peace.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
If the Stars ever play in North Stars colors, I will be right there with you throwing **** at them from the stands.

That whole franchise needs to rebrand entirely, relocate (preferably both), or just plain die.

I've got a feeling that if after having a new team for a dozen years doesn't allow you to let it go and have peace, nothing will.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Why not have them go back to green with gold, white, and black accents. Their original Stars jerseys had a drab, bland green color with dull gold and black.

Go with that and put the Stars logo on it (not North Stars), streamline it with Reebok design, done.

So long as they never use the North Stars logo, I'm fine with it. It's their team, we have the Wild, whatever.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Why not have them go back to green with gold, white, and black accents. Their original Stars jerseys had a drab, bland green color with dull gold and black.

Go with that and put the Stars logo on it (not North Stars), streamline it with Reebok design, done.

So long as they never use the North Stars logo, I'm fine with it. It's their team, we have the Wild, whatever.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

They'll make a green, black and yellow version of the Wild logo because they're jealous.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:01 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post

Get over it. Minnesota has a new franchise. It's time to move on.

You think Washington cares about the Twins anymore?

I don't know why Minnesota fans are so obsessive over something that happened 20+ years ago. That's an entire generation removed.

Dallas has made a name for themselves. They are one of the more successful teams to have moved.

I mean do you hate Colorado and want them to move? New Jersey? Winnipeg?

Old
11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:

This. Very much this.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the North Stars. They're a part of our history. I still have North Stars jerseys that I sometimes wear to Wild games as a way of honoring the past....same goes for a St. Paul Saints jersey. That said, both teams are dead. Gone. More than enough time has passed that the only link Dallas has to the North Stars is mostly through paper trails and NHL records. If they want to use similar colors, fine. Although they'd be better off building their identity based around their current location as opposed to digging in the past to a time when the team wasn't even a thought in Dallas. But if they want to go that route, then go for it. I wouldn't mind at all.

The only thing I would not support is using the original North Star logo front and center. And I honestly can't see them using it, because it just doesn't fit in with their location or direction. Even if they wanted to go back to their roots, it wouldn't make sense to put a logo that large, representing the "North Star State", on the center of a jersey in Texas.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I don't see Jets using Trashers' logo, and in a similar manner, I don't see Stars using the North Stars logo.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If they do a logo re-design, it will probably be a star. I mean, Dallas Stars, lone star state...it makes sense.

I don't think the 80's throwback design would work there though. It's cool for the Oilers, Islanders, and Flames...but I just don't see it happening for Dallas. Early 90's sure, but not the pure green and gold.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Apparently Michigan more or less approved a new arena for the Red Wings. There's still some political maneuvering to be done, but both house and senate have approved it by wide margins. Hope the new facility has things in place to make it look like people actually show up to Red Wings games.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:55 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Hope the new facility has things in place to make it look like people actually show up to Red Wings games.
What are you talking about?

Every Red Wings game is sold out. There are just a ton of people floating around the concourse areas all the time. The food and drinks are so good there, you can only get them in Detroit. Plus, they have all their amazing guaranteed 5 star prospects doing autographs all the time so people are getting those done. People love the team and all, but Hockeytown U.S.A. is more than just the Red Wings, after all.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Hologram seats.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

Every Red Wings game is sold out. There are just a ton of people floating around the concourse areas all the time. The food and drinks are so good there, you can only get them in Detroit. Plus, they have all their amazing guaranteed 5 star prospects doing autographs all the time so people are getting those done. People love the team and all, but Hockeytown U.S.A. is more than just the Red Wings, after all.
Corporations own a lot of the seats in the "TV area" (that is the section you see on TV) and don't entirely use them. Still counts as sold but always makes the building look empty on TV and is a point of contention with Wings fans (or so I've been told).

Old
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Corporations own a lot of the seats in the "TV area" (that is the section you see on TV) and don't entirely use them. Still counts as sold but always makes the building look empty on TV and is a point of contention with Wings fans (or so I've been told).
Looks like you got a bite. I was falling for it until you got to the "5 star prospects" part. Of course, who doesn't want Riley "Superdrunk" Sheahan's autograph?

Old
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Looks like you got a bite. I was falling for it until you got to the "5 star prospects" part. Of course, who doesn't want Riley "Superdrunk" Sheahan's autograph?
Yeah...sorry Gopher, I was trying to make a funny.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Texas Stars Release Cam Barker From PTO former 3rd overall pick
http://twitter.com/msitkoff/status/280105116978270208

Shocking.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

Texas Stars Release Cam Barker From PTO

Old
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'm not gonna lie, the longer this lockout lasts, the more jealous I am of Edmonton getting Justin Schultz. Damnit I wish he would've signed with us. Kid looks to be the real deal.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Edmonton's draft lottery and getting Schultz is disgusting.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Edmonton's draft lottery and getting Schultz is disgusting.
Yep, it's a ****ing disgrace.

I think it's unfair towards Ducks that he refused to sign. I mean, sure, we were close to getting him, but I don't like it that some players don't want to thank the team who first spends a draft pick drafting them and then helps them with their development. It's like spending money on seeds to grow an apple tree, then spending enormous amount of time and resources to make sure it will blossom and then, finally, when it's time to collect the fruits and enjoy the benefits, your asshat neighbor steals the apples.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The Vladimir is coming!

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman
Good news for Blues MT @AlexSerenRosso: Tarasenko's agent @i_de_al confirmed that Vladimir is flying to the STLBlues this week

Old
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Very excited to see Tarasenko in the NHL. Love the way he plays.

Closed Thread