HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Reid Boucher to Montreal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
  #26
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style
 
Shinsuke Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
But you remember Lecavalier and Brad Richards in the junior?
1 example that worked compared to how many that didn't?

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
  #27
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
1 example that worked compared to how many that didn't?
How often do we actually ever see junior linemates reunited in the NHL? Not very often.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
  #28
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
How often do we actually ever see junior linemates reunited in the NHL? Not very often.
Because one guy was the star and the other looked good because he was playing with the star so he never makes the NHL...

It is stupid to trade for someone who won't be an NHL first liner for the purpose of playing with our NHL first liner.

I know Gally isn't a first liner in the NHL yet, but if he busts then I think we have bigger problems then him not playing with his Junior linemate.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
  #29
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,600
vCash: 500
Habs say no - Bournival is a keeper. Kid's going to be a terrific 3rd line center, energy winger who can kill penalties for the Habs

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:47 PM
  #30
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,255
vCash: 500
No reason for Devils to trade Boucher.

He's not valuable enough outside of NJ's weak prospect pool to make it worth it for Montreal.

Montreal doesn't exactly need Boucher.

/endthread

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
  #31
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Put anyone with Galchenyuk and they will get mad points, no reason to go after this guy.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
  #32
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So as a gm the right strategy is to most of the time wait for other GM to call you?

in fact when you call for his specific player, his value doesnt increase instantly, what happen is the other teams will tell you the asking price to move him, not the bidding price around the league for him. This is the same asking price the player had yesterday or the month before, your call didn't change it.

if you have a car and you are not willing to sell him, but X $$ would convince you to sell it. If someone call you and inquire about your car, does you want more than X now?

This is not a fixed price market, every player have 2 differents value.

The reason i think NJ would accept my offer is : their left wing and center prospect pool arent deep and this trade would help balance it.

i also believe Holland and Bournival are slightly superior prospect. This is already a little overpayment. I would not throw in a 3th round! But maybe i could add a 6th, 7th round.

We are not talking about a blue chip prospect in Reid Boucher!
You call me and ask me to sell you my car. I won't be offering it to you at a discount. You call, I will raise the price a bit to make a few extra bucks. If you say no, I might lower the price a little. If I put an add in the paper, I might ask for the same price, but I'll lower it quicker and lower if no interest is shown. In the first scenario, you are already showing interest.

I see no point is trading a better prospect to acquire a lower one just because they played junior together. Boucher may never play in the NHL. Even if he does, I'm hoping for better linemates for our hopefully, future star center. We've seen how playing with lesser players does for the better players. We've watched Koivu play with second liners most of his Montreal career. We've seen Sundin in Toronto not play with players that were on his level. Galchenyuk will need to be surrounded by the best players we can play with, not borderline NHLers.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
  #33
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
But you remember Lecavalier and Brad Richards in the junior?
Reid Boucher is not Brad Richards however, not even close. Besides Lecavalier and Richards rarely played as linemates and both turned out to be all stars, they didn't need each other.

Galchenyuk doesn't need Boucher, thats a certainty. Does Boucher need Galchenyuk to be productive? Its possible. Why should we get Boucher then? To help him get points because we are a bunch of pure hearted altruists?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:49 AM
  #34
jayball75
Registered User
 
jayball75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
i am offering you forward prospect!
Why didn't you offer price for Boucher?

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:35 AM
  #35
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 500
Reminds me of when Habs fans wanted to get Kolarik and Porter because they played well with Pacioretty in Michigan, not comparing Boucher to those guys but trading for a guy just because he played with someone in junior doesn't make much sense.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:51 AM
  #36
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Because one guy was the star and the other looked good because he was playing with the star so he never makes the NHL...

It is stupid to trade for someone who won't be an NHL first liner for the purpose of playing with our NHL first liner.

I know Gally isn't a first liner in the NHL yet, but if he busts then I think we have bigger problems then him not playing with his Junior linemate.
This is exactly what people were saying about Adam Henrique and Taylor Hall when they played together in Windsor. That Henrique was a warrior, but was leeching points off a superior linemate and would never be more than a 3rd line checker in the NHL.

The point is, players are rarely reunited once they leave juniors, so you can't base your reasoning off the three examples that exist.

I'm not saying Boucher will be a star. I don't know what he'll be. But neither do you. Just like neither of us know what Galchenyuk will be either. Neither team has reason to do this trade. But it's way too early to dismiss a 19 year old because he has good linemates. New Jersey is pleased with how Boucher is developing and has no interest in trading him.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
  #37
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Because one guy was the star and the other looked good because he was playing with the star so he never makes the NHL...

It is stupid to trade for someone who won't be an NHL first liner for the purpose of playing with our NHL first liner.

I know Gally isn't a first liner in the NHL yet, but if he busts then I think we have bigger problems then him not playing with his Junior linemate.
Wow, they said the same thing with Henrique.....

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:23 PM
  #38
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Why didn't you offer price for Boucher?
are you crazy or what? Price is so much more valuable than Boucher.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.