HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

MSG to have night of Sabres programming Monday

Old
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Next up is Phil Housley's 5-point night against Les Nordiques, which tied the team record for most points in a single game by a defenseman: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home
used to love those games against quebec....they had good fans, and made for a good rivalry

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
According to the TV Listings at TVGuide.com - next weeks Sabres Classic will be "Classic NHL: 1996 Whalers at Sabres". That has to be the final Sabres game at the Aud. Then afterwards a hour-long program called "Buffalo Sabres: Rafters Club Roundtable" will be shown. Leading the night off at 7:30 pm ET will be: "The Game 365 - Pat Lafontaine: Rink Of Dreams".

There will be no Sabres Classics on MSG on Monday, December 17 due to a NY Knicks-Houston Rockets basketball game being shown. However Sabres Classics could be moved to MSG Plus (for Buffalo and Rochester viewers) that evening. No Knicks games on Monday, December 24 and Monday, December 31 so if they decide to have Sabres classics on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve - they could be shown on MSG or MSG Plus.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 12-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Watching the Sabres at Nordiques in 1989. It's so cool to see players you have faint memories of again. I forgot Robitaille did color for Ted Darling.

Happy Happy Joy Joy

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
LaxSabre

The December 10 episode of Sabres Classics - 8:00 pm ET to 10:00 pm ET - will indeed feature the final game played at the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium - a 4-1 win over the Hartford Whalers on April 14, 1996. Pat Lafontaine who put a final ceremonial puck into one of the nets during a emotional post-game ceremony, will be on hand to provide commentary throughout the two hour broadcast.

Then from 10:00 pm ET to 11:00 pm ET - a program called "Buffalo Sabres: Rafters Club Roundtable" will premiere. The club - Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert, Danny Gare and Pat Lafontaine - will sit down with Brian Duff and talk about various topics like their time in Buffalo, favorite moments in Sabres history and what its like to be a Buffalo Sabre.

Replays - "Sabres Classics: Aud Finale" - Tuesday, December 11 - 12:00 am ET, 12:00 pm ET and 4:00 pm ET.
"Buffalo Sabres: Rafters Club Roundtable" - Tuesday, December 11 - 3:00 pm ET and Thursday, December 13 - 8:00 pm ET.

If you missed "The Game 365-Ryan Miller" and "The Game 365-Pat Lafontaine: Rink Of Dreams" - they will be shown on Monday, December 10 - 7:00 pm ET and Tuesday, December 11 - 2:00 pm ET.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 12-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old
12-13-2012, 03:59 PM
LaxSabre

Monday, December 17 - 7:00 pm ET - Buffalo Sabres: Rafters Club Roundable - which is an in-depth interview with members of the Buffalo Sabres Rafters Club. The club is comprised of Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert, Danny Gare and LaFontaine, all of whom have had their jersey numbers retired by the organization. The legendary Sabres players sat down with Brian Duff to discuss a variety of topics, including their time playing in Buffalo, favorite moments in Sabres history and what it means to be ambassadors of the team.

8:00 pm ET - Sabres Classics: Capitals at Sabres-December 31, 2003 - Max Afinogenov and Miroslav Satan each record hat tricks and Andrew Peters scores his first NHL goal in a 7-1 win. Peters will be on hand to provide commentary throughout the two-hour broadcast.

Monday, December 24 - 8:00 pm ET - Sabres Classics: 1976 Super Series-Soviet Wings at Buffalo Sabres. In this classic, the Sabres defeated the visiting Soviet Wings by a score of 12-6, marking the only victory by an NHL team in the Wings’ four-game series in the United States. The game will feature special commentary from Gare, who tied Rick Martin to lead the Sabres with two goals in the win. Exclusive interviews from Martin, Jerry Korab and Peter McNab, filmed following the 1976 game, are also available to view on Sabres.com.

10:00 pm ET - Buffalo Sabres: French Connection Statue Unveiling.
11:00 pm ET - Buffalo Sabres: Rafters Club Roundtable.

Viewers in the Buffalo and Rochester markets will be able to watch the programming on MSG, while viewers in the Syracuse, Binghamton and Albany markets can watch on the MSG+ network. DirecTV subscribers will be able to view only the classic game broadcasts on channels 638 and 638-1(HD).

Last edited by LaxSabre: 12-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
I was at that game against the Caps.

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Sinter Klaas

vCash: 3643
I have Direct TV (no HD) and I am getting nothing on my MSG local channel (638). Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Sinter Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
I have Direct TV (no HD) and I am getting nothing on my MSG local channel (638). Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
The Sabres have been advertising these games as available on DTV, but I haven't seen them once actually show up. Been meaning to email the Sabres about it, but just kept forgetting.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
The Sabres have been advertising these games as available on DTV, but I haven't seen them once actually show up. Been meaning to email the Sabres about it, but just kept forgetting.
The last five weeks have been on, just not tonight's..

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Next is Game 3 against Montreal in the 1998 playoffs which Michael Peca ended in Double OT to give the Sabres a commanding 3 games to none lead: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 AM
LaxSabre

Next Mondays Sabres Classic - 8:00 pm ET-10:00 pm ET on MSG (Buffalo and Rochester areas) and MSG Plus (Syracuse, Binghamton, Albany areas etc) - is scheduled to be a repeat of the Aud finale. The French Connection Statue Reveiling ceremony will once again be repeated from 10:00 pm ET-11:00 pm ET.

Glad they are repeating the Aud Finale as I screwed up my recording - did it at EP mode instead of SP mode - when it orginially aired a few weeks ago. So I have another chance of putting it on DVD. Although I wish they had shown more of the post-game ceremony - only a few minutes of Jeannerets speech and LaFontaines "last Aud goal" were shown. They could have edited out some minutes of the actual game to fit more in. Or better yet, add a half-hour to the broadcast and not only included more of the post-game ceremony but one or two of the pre-game/intermission interviews/features they probably did.

I wonder if they going to continue these Sabres Classics once the season re-starts January 19. Could show one every Monday evening when there is no Sabres game being played on MSG or NBC Sports Network. Currently NHL Hockey/TBA is listed for the 8:00 pm ET-11:00 pm ET timeslot for Monday, January 21. Although theres a good chance there will be no Sabres Classic that evening as the Sabres probably will have a game especially if they play their opener two days earlier.

Definiately alot more Sabres games out there that are classics. If they do keep it going and need to fill an additional hour, hopefully no more replays of the French Connection Statue Reveiling Ceremony! Its been shown enough! I wouldn't mind another Rafters Club roundtable or one with more recent Sabres alumni like Ray, Peters, Hasek etc or if its possible, one with current Sabres players. If they need Sabres stuff, borrow some of those NHL Network half-hour/hour series like those playoff series recaps or the Behind The Mic special with Jeanneret. At least now that the lockout is over, they are allowed to have Poms comment on his series clinching OT winner vs Ottawa - if they decide to replay that Sabres Classic.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.