HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"Lowly"

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 05:43 PM
cws
...in the drink

vCash: 500
I recall the Thrashers being labeled "lowly" and its various other synonyms for four years, if anyone actually noticed the team at all.
This year has been different for a few obvious reasons, so that lowly tag is on hold for the time being. And long before Atlanta, I've rooted for crappy teams as well. You get used to the labels after a while.

Whether it's true or not really doesn't matter if you're a huge fan of the team. Keeping rooting for your team and ignore it. And unless I'm really getting the wrong vibe around here, when did even a minority of us care about and/or believe the media's perspective?

Don't worry about it, not worth it in the least.

Old
12-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Anyone can call the Pens "lowly" but as a team out there playing, that's hardly what they are. These guys are playing without Mario, Rico Fata (I think he is still injured), they traded Straka and yet they are still hanging in there in most games. They tied us (PHI) twice. They beat teams like Atlanta, Detroit (it was early in the season), Boston, and Ottawa. They show a lot of heart, a lot more than the Rangers ever show with their gigantic payroll. They aren't bad. The minute you think this team sucks they will sneak up on and take a win. I may joke about them, but I never take them lightly. They have nothing to lose. It would be great if a lot of other teams did the same.

Old
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
call it like it is...you guys blow.
I can drink to that.....

Old
12-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
What's funny is that the pen's aren't last for penalty killing, they aren't last for losses, Washington has 18 losses.

IF the pens are soo low, how do they have 6 wins? thats 6 team's that they beat, 6 teams that must have been absolutely crappy to lose to a "crap" team. You gotta be crappy to lose to a crappy team right?

SO really, i couldn't give a crap about what people think about the pens, cuz if you look at the following stats, we aren't the crappiest team, our win-loss record might put us last, but overall, our team is doing a helluva lot better than some teams in those categories, with a team most ppl say is filled with "AHL" players.

The pens also gave a team like the Canucks (14-7 coming into the game) a run for their money and took them to Overtime and earned a point either way.
They also have allowed most goals and scored the fewest. Simple as that, they are the worst team in the nhl.

Old
12-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Let me just answer this with some stats.

Now for goals against, yeah we let in the most, but you have be one stupid person to not understand that(not saying you but as in general), you have a rookie goalie in net, with a sophmore goalie to back him up, your gonna let in a lot of goals either way. If you can't understand that, then you need to find a different sport to follow.
I wasn't talking about in terms of per game, I'm talking overall. To counter your goalie arguement, your goalies(both of them) are actually the team's strength, and they allow a lot of goals in spite of their goalie's play. Case and point tonight. Fleury played really solid, got shelled statistically, but realistically he stole a point.

Old
12-10-2003, 03:02 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Here's another one you should get used to hearing: "hapless".

You get to shed those tags when you make the playoffs and make a good showing for yourself. The Isles only did it when they took on Toronto. Then you didn't see hapless Islanders anymore.

Old
12-10-2003, 04:59 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I actually didn't think Fleury played that great last night. He was decent...He almost gave up a goal early on to Naslund, before Nas. put in 4 straight. The defense played decent tonight. They lost because Buchburger has the worst set of hands imaginable. how you miss a wide open net from 20 ft out is beyond me.

It was a good game, but the Cannuck announcers needed to be shot. One of the worst, homeristic called games I have ever heard from a duo of announcers in a long time. Pathetic.

Old
12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I actually didn't think Fleury played that great last night. He was decent...He almost gave up a goal early on to Naslund, before Nas. put in 4 straight. The defense played decent tonight. They lost because Buchburger has the worst set of hands imaginable. how you miss a wide open net from 20 ft out is beyond me.

It was a good game, but the Cannuck announcers needed to be shot. One of the worst, homeristic called games I have ever heard from a duo of announcers in a long time. Pathetic.
Is this the SportsNet telecast you are talking about ?? If so, I agree. Jim Hughson has his head so far up the Nucks collective butts, it's not funny. He never gives the other teams credit for anything. If the Canucks lose, it's simply because they played that bad. I hate that when announcers feel they have to constantly defend the home team. It's okay for them to say they were beaten by the better team tonight or this team totally outplayed us but no, he has to say the Canucks played so poorly or the Canucks had too much time off or back to back nites etc..... it is quite pathetic. But I guess that's the way the Canucks fans are too. Without Naslund, they are a decent team. Case in point last night. Bertuzzi can't do anything by himself and Morrison is a huge coat tail rider.

Anyway, about the Penguins, they are easily the worst team in the NHL. The Hawks give them a run but only because their injuries. For someone to post this thread is ridiculous. Everyone knows the Penguins are poison !! And what's this with Canadian media, the US media calls the Pens "brutal" or "weak" all the time. And besides, what's wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Old
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
evman150*

The Penguins suck. Everybody knows it. There are crappy teams every year. What's the big deal? It's just the Pens turn right now...and for the foreseeable future.

Closed Thread