Notices

NHL vs. NHLPA

Old
12-17-2012, 09:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
There's no doubt this hockey season is over. Unfortunately I don't have it in me to get to know another sport. I know hockey and kind of b-ball, and the odd MMA fight.

Its one thing to like a sport, it's another to know a sport. I'm not going to learn 750+ more players in the NFL. I'm not going to learn all new stats, salaries, rankings and whatever else. Until everyone around me starts talking about a certain sport around the "water cooler", I can't dedidate that much time again.

Maybe I'll get into the real housewives
Jenny's a *****!

Yea I like NBA MMA and NFL and I don't mind the MLB so I have lots of other sports to watch but hockey is easily the most entertaining.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Romo has been carrying Dallas the problem is the defense is real beat up and with Byrant having a broken finger he has a hard time making catches.

I don't think Dickey was the right move he only has a few years left in his arm its just a very small window but they will be strong next year.
I like the Jay's getting Dickey in the sense that he was the best available pitcher out there. The Jay's have been known as a team as having a fairly good farm system for the last 5 years, however not many of them have ever become regulars in the show so I'm glad they are at least making a statement and finally saying they want to win. If they win games, I think all of Canada will get behind them and show them more support than we have since the 90's.

I've also always been into football. I've had a family member play in the CFL and I had a fairly good chance to play to college in the U.S. as well if not for a back injury. So needless to say I've always had an interest in following it. This season in the NFL has been one of the best in recent memory, thank God because its eased my withdrawals of hockey. I just can't believe the Giants and likely the Steelers will not be making the playoffs.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 11:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I like the Jay's getting Dickey in the sense that he was the best available pitcher out there. The Jay's have been known as a team as having a fairly good farm system for the last 5 years, however not many of them have ever become regulars in the show so I'm glad they are at least making a statement and finally saying they want to win. If they win games, I think all of Canada will get behind them and show them more support than we have since the 90's.

I've also always been into football. I've had a family member play in the CFL and I had a fairly good chance to play to college in the U.S. as well if not for a back injury. So needless to say I've always had an interest in following it. This season in the NFL has been one of the best in recent memory, thank God because its eased my withdrawals of hockey. I just can't believe the Giants and likely the Steelers will not be making the playoffs.
Like I said Dickey is a really good pitcher I just don't see how he fits with the rest of the team but again they will be good this year.

I am not surprised that much by the Giants they only went 9-7 last year and barely made the playoffs, The Steelers are pretty old and don't have much of a run game so it was only a matter of time.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Haatley

vCash: 681
Quote:
Like I said Dickey is a really good pitcher I just don't see how he fits with the rest of the team but again they will be good this year.

I am not surprised that much by the Giants they only went 9-7 last year and barely made the playoffs, The Steelers are pretty old and don't have much of a run game so it was only a matter of time.
first off dickey is a knuckleballer. his arm has many years left.

he doesnt fit with jays?
sorry but having five guys that could be a top 3 starter on any team in the major leagues is quite impressive and he fits in just fine.

the steelers have had a lot of key players taking space up in the ir. healthy they are top 5 in nfl.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:50 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
first off dickey is a knuckleballer. his arm has many years left.

he doesnt fit with jays?
sorry but having five guys that could be a top 3 starter on any team in the major leagues is quite impressive and he fits in just fine.

the steelers have had a lot of key players taking space up in the ir. healthy they are top 5 in nfl.
He doesn't fit because of his age he has 3 years left as a starter maybe 4 its just a small window thats why I said he doesn't for because the Jays have been rebuilding for so long it seems weird they would only give themselves a small window like this.

Also many teams have players on ir it is part of football they are not ahead of
Patriots
Texans
Broncos
Falcons
Packers
49ers

it is arguable that they are behind
Seattle
Baltimore
Indianapolis

they aren't top 5 maybe top 10 but their time is ending.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:20 AM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

I'm pretty sure you're just arguing for the sake of arguing Gleninator. That was a great trade for both sides. CY Young winner for a couple minor leaguers who have never played in the show? Plus we got a fantastic extension on top of it? I don't understand how a player can't 'fit' in a baseball organization. Especially a pitcher.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
I'm pretty sure you're just arguing for the sake of arguing Gleninator. That was a great trade for both sides. CY Young winner for a couple minor leaguers who have never played in the show? Plus we got a fantastic extension on top of it? I don't understand how a player can't 'fit' in a baseball organization. Especially a pitcher.
I have said it will be a good move for the next few years but I thought Toronto was stock piling prospects to have a long window to win the WS trading away young talent just seems to go against what this team has been about for the past few years. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just a risk to take. He doesn't fit with building this team through the draft and acquiring young pieces, he goes against what the Blue Jays have been doing for a few years.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Haatley

vCash: 681
Quote:
I have said it will be a good move for the next few years but I thought Toronto was stock piling prospects to have a long window to win the WS trading away young talent just seems to go against what this team has been about for the past few years. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just a risk to take. He doesn't fit with building this team through the draft and acquiring young pieces, he goes against what the Blue Jays have been doing for a few years.
i live in toronto. the grass is always greener.

when trading, deal from a position of strength. the jays still have one of the best prospect pools in baseball and a good young catcher in jp arencibia.

the move makes sense. win now, sell tickets.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

It does hurt to lose all these prospects, but at the same time if the Jay's are winning and have a chance to win the World Series, they will have a much easier time attracting quality FA's while they restock their prospect pool. Its finally going to be an exciting year for baseball in Canada.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
It does hurt to lose all these prospects, but at the same time if the Jay's are winning and have a chance to win the World Series, they will have a much easier time attracting quality FA's while they restock their prospect pool. Its finally going to be an exciting year for baseball in Canada.
Again I didn't say it was bad just a different move then the course the club had been over the last few years, I am not a Jay's fan so I don't think it will have as big of an effect on the popularity of the sport in Canada but thats just my opinion.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
This thread needs levity.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Bill Daly just said on the FAN 590 that there will be a season.. Don't know why he said that, it doesn't really give the NHL much leverage

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Bill Daly just said on the FAN 590 that there will be a season.. Don't know why he said that, it doesn't really give the NHL much leverage
At this point there really is no leverage the NHLPA and the league seem to really deal with this legally than sit down and discuss the problems, at this point Daly is just trying to keep fans interested.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

According to many sources, looks like the NHL will be back within a day or two!

I wonder if people would still be interested in that fantasy hockey league, if the league comes back.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
According to many sources, looks like the NHL will be back within a day or two!

I wonder if people would still be interested in that fantasy hockey league, if the league comes back.
Source? We have heard this several times already.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Noori

I was secretly hoping the NHL would stay locked out. Made focusing on school work so much easier.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
Its an E5 so it has to be true. I'm still ready to go for the fantasy league.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Noori

Quote:
Just the general feel from twitter. Some agents have said the season is about to get underway. Player like Bryzagalov are coming back to North America. The Wild have pulled Granlund out of the AHL lineup in anticipation of the end of the lockout.

The two sides have met on almost all the issues. On the issues they haven't dealt with, they are pretty god damn close.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Backlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I was secretly hoping the NHL would stay locked out. Made focusing on school work so much easier.
Same but because I want a top 5 pick this year without having to lose to get it.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:50 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Just the general feel from twitter. Some agents have said the season is about to get underway. Player like Bryzagalov are coming back to North America. The Wild have pulled Granlund out of the AHL lineup in anticipation of the end of the lockout.

The two sides have met on almost all the issues. On the issues they haven't dealt with, they are pretty god damn close.
Like I said we have heard it before I hope there is hockey but I am not holding my breath either side could do something to piss off the other and end negotiations in a second.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:17 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
ITS OVER BOYS! THE LOCKOUT IS OVER! ****ING YES! I LOVE YOU ALL. Also, I am intoxicated.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

A shame and an embarrassment it even went on this long. That being said, it'll be nice to see Flames hockey again. Looks like all the pundits and Fehr were right about it ending in January.

The question now is, what will the Flames do in a shortened season? Have a slow start and get a lottery pick? Or start hot and make the playoffs? Should be interesting to see.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:25 AM
DBU
Stars

The lockout is over!!!!!

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:20 AM
BVicious

Screw the top 5 pick, let's hope we can take advantage of this short season. And our cap hell ends after this season.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Can't sleep at 6AM on a Sunday morning. Best news ever!! It's good to be back.

Should be an interesting season. We have bolstered our overall offensive ability, but our lack of center depth is horrible. Gaudreau is looking to have some seriously slick mitts, I'm excited.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote