HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 NBA Discussion Thread: Defense? What is defense?

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Again, Felton is NOT a good PG.

Watch him play. He tries to prove himself (selfish) too much against good PGs. Gets out of the team concept.
A good ex. is Copeland being hot in the 3rd. What does he do instead? Tries to go back at Lin on offense. He killed momentum.

Shoots way too much for a PG. And is not even a good shooter.
Agreed. He is at best an elite bench PG. I'm hoping we trade for Calderon or someone.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
20 bucks says Toney Douglas has a better game than Lin. LOL.

Hope no one took you on.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Agreed. He is at best an elite bench PG. I'm hoping we trade for Calderon or someone.
I'm still trying to figure out how Felton is the better fit than Lin.

They look very similar. Difference is Lin has a higher ceiling.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Lin is garbage sans four or five games.

Felton is better than him in every category except rebounding.

Watch NBA TV. Lin doesnt even close out games for McHale. Lin decides to show up once every four or five games. The Rockets are 3-10 against the West. Good luck with that.

Lin plays with one of the most explosive offenses in the NBA and he still shoots like crap and turns the ball over.

That ship has sailed. Lin's weak. Felton's the perfect PG for this offense when Melo's healthy, and he's the reason why Chandler is averaging 13 and shooting 72 pct.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
seeing steve novak try to guard james harden makes me cringe.
seeing Novak try to guard anyone makes me cringe.

and i like Novak,but hes awful defensively and soft as butter

Old
12-17-2012, 11:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Lin is garbage sans four or five games.

Felton is better than him in every category except rebounding.

Watch NBA TV. Lin doesnt even close out games for McHale. Lin decides to show up once every four or five games. The Rockets are 3-10 against the West. Good luck with that.

Lin plays with one of the most explosive offenses in the NBA and he still shoots like crap and turns the ball over.

That ship has sailed. Lin's weak. Felton's the perfect PG for this offense when Melo's healthy, and he's the reason why Chandler is averaging 13 and shooting 72 pct.
Agreed completely, except i'm gonna give Tyson some more credit for his awesome averages.

Lin has been atrocious this season besides a few games. That's not indicative of a high ceiling- that's called inconsistency.

Felton has been better than Lin this season. That's literally an inarguable fact.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Rangers4Life74

Impressed with Copeland tonight.granted the entire 4th quarter was garbage time,but he played very well and impresses me each time i see him.will be tough for him to get any minutes once Stat comes back though.

when Shumpert comes back,hopefully that moves Brewer to the bench.i dont understand how hes known for his defense,when in my opinion,Brewers defense has been nothing spectacular.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

So I just checked and saw Melo has never played a full NBA season since his rookie year.

2013 -- 4 games
2012 -- 11 games
2011 -- 5 games
2010 -- 13 games
2009 -- 16 games
2008 -- 5 games
2007 -- 17 games
2006 -- 2 games
2005 -- 7 games

Old
12-18-2012, 12:03 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Impressed with Copeland tonight.granted the entire 4th quarter was garbage time,but he played very well and impresses me each time i see him.will be tough for him to get any minutes once Stat comes back though.

when Shumpert comes back,hopefully that moves Brewer to the bench.i dont understand how hes known for his defense,when in my opinion,Brewers defense has been nothing spectacular.
On the Bulls he was a ball hawk. I think it's partly recovery from surgery and mostly playing for Thibodeau.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
So I just checked and saw Melo has never played a full NBA season since his rookie year.

2013 -- 4 games
2012 -- 11 games
2011 -- 5 games
2010 -- 13 games
2009 -- 16 games
2008 -- 5 games
2007 -- 17 games
2006 -- 2 games
2005 -- 7 games
Out of 82 game seasons? How about Callahan or anybody here? Or Kobe or DRose or Kevin Love or Dwight Howard? 7 games? 2 games? 4? 5? Thats not even discussion worthy.

Anyways. Felton. Man the decisions that guy makes some times... and his lack of finish at the rim...

Eh, he gets the job done usually, but they could upgrade that position. A lot of times I actually like Prigioni out there. Slower, steadier, headier, smarter, less prone to checks and overconfidence.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Felton is a top 15 PG in this league. He does tend to take certain matchups more personal instead of working within the team concept (like Jeremy Lin), but he's a solid enough PG.

Once Melo and Stat come back, he'll be the 3rd option/4th option and will take less shots.

Also, Novak's defense is A LOT better than it was last season. Last year he was soft as hell. He's become an average/adequate defender. Hopefully that's what Stat can do when he comes back.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Felton is a top 15 PG in this league. He does tend to take certain matchups more personal instead of working within the team concept (like Jeremy Lin), but he's a solid enough PG.

Once Melo and Stat come back, he'll be the 3rd option/4th option and will take less shots.

Also, Novak's defense is A LOT better than it was last season. Last year he was soft as hell. He's become an average/adequate defender. Hopefully that's what Stat can do when he comes back.
Top 15?

In no order:

Rose
Westbrook
Rondo
Paul
D Will
Kyrie
Wall
Rubio
Holiday
Lawson
Conley
Jennings
Parker
Lillard
Kemba
Collison
Steph Curry

You could argue he's better than Kemba. Thats about it.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Anyone see 'Mike Woodson's Show'? He was in the room with the coaches and Rasheed walks by the door just starring through the window. Woodson sees him and says "that's a crazy man. lock the door." Then he pushes the door close.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how Felton is the better fit than Lin.

They look very similar. Difference is Lin has a higher ceiling.
#1 Felton hater. I wasn't paying as much attention to the game last night as I should have. Felton was running an offense without it's two best options on the floor. I don't mind Felton making himself the #1 option without Melo and STAT on the floor.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I cant help but think that the glass slipper is beginning to slip off the collective foot of this Knicks' team. Ive been apprehensive about a team being buoyed by 3-point shooting as much as they have been - but whats worse is the cracks we're beginning to see with their interior defense.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Felton, unlike Melo, is actually playing with an injury. The Knicks are the best team in the conference.

Seriously, who else out there do you want running the point on this team?

Who cares where he ranks among PG's? The Knicks invested all their money into three players who don't play the point.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The Knicks are fine. When they won 9 of 10 with Melo and Wallace missing time, they were the greatest. They lose their first home game of the season to a mediocre team who matches up well with the Knicks (and only the Knicks) and all of a sudden the season's over.

The Eastern Conference sucks. The Knicks are 12-2 against them

Denver is 7th in the NBA in offense. The Lakers are 6th. Houston is 3rd.

Knicks went 2-1 in those games.

Injuries happen when you have an old team. Older reserves have to play more minutes than they're used to when key players get hurt.

Old team + more minutes = less energy.

The Knicks play six of the next eight games against the Western Conference. Better now than later. The Knicks only have one massive road trip after Christmas three months from now, and that's when Amare, Shumpert will be healthy and almost in midseason shape.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Knicks are fine. I thought it was a fluke when we lost to Houston and Dallas but then we went off and won six straight.

Bad teams beat good teams. The Wizards beat the Heat. I'll tell you which of those teams i'm more afraid of.

I'll tell you this much- Shump will come back and all these run and gun teams exploiting the Knicks with their speedy back court (Nugs, Rockets, Mavs, etc.) and remind everybody why he's such a promising young defensive talent.

Also still don't understand how anybody would take Lin after he has **** the bed for 85% of his games this season. Every day i'm happier and happier we didn't match him.

Last edited by BlueshirtBlitz: 12-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 03:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Knicks are fine. I thought it was a fluke when we lost to Houston and Dallas but then we went off and won six straight.

Bad teams beat good teams. The Wizards beat the Heat. I'll tell you which of those teams i'm more afraid of.

I'll tell you this much- Shump will come back and all these run and gun teams exploiting the Knicks with their speedy back court (Nugs, Rockets, Mavs, etc.) and remind everybody why he's such a promising young defensive talent.
Playing all these WC games early in the season and winning more of them than losing is what differentiates this team from previous teams.

One good thing to come out of all these injuries is Copeland and White, at least offensively, can contribute.

The only guy who I think wastes a roster spot is Kurt Thomas.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Amar'e practiced today.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
If the world ends on Friday is the team with the best regular season the NBA champion? Or do they have some apocalyptic abbreviated playoff scheduled?

Old
12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Nets/Knicks tonight right

Old
12-19-2012, 01:51 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Nets/Knicks tonight right
Correct. 7pm, first Knicks v. Nets @ MSG

Old
12-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Correct. 7pm, first Knicks v. Nets @ MSG
Love MSG, love it all. But my home is Brooklyn, got to support them (Never really followed B-ball before)

Old
12-19-2012, 05:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
If the world ends on Friday is the team with the best regular season the NBA champion? Or do they have some apocalyptic abbreviated playoff scheduled?
I think there may be some intergalactic type of tournament to see who the champ is after the world is destroyed, some kind of battle in the cosmos, even.

Closed Thread