HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

MacKinnon, Jones hold down top two spots in the ISS December prospect rankings

Old
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
shello
@WShello9

vCash: 500
Nice list for what I gathered reading through it quickly. I can see Alex Fontinos exploding onto the scene next year, really like his style in nets.

Last edited by shello: 12-17-2012 at 06:39 PM.
shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
EveryDay

Zadorov is climbing the ranking very fast.... he will be draft in the top 10 for sure....

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Domi isn't even in the top 30 anymore?

What's the deal?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:27 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Domi isn't even in the top 30 anymore?

What's the deal?
Personally, I don't know, because Domi impressed me the couple of times I've seen him, but I'd imagine concerns about defensive and neutral zone play and size would be significant hurtles to overcome.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:14 AM
caley

I'm surprised how many people have Lazar dropping in their rankings. Yet, when you hear people in the know talk about him (For instance Peter Loubardias (WHL commentator) says him going anywhere outside the Top 10 would be a steal), or you watch it, it frankly boggles the mind that anyone can see him and have him drop on your lists. Yeah, I get that he might not have elite scoring talent (Though he might have elite level playmaking abilities), but the intangibles (Heart, defensive game, selflessness, leadership, attitude) all seem to be there. I'd be much more confident in my team taking Lazar high than abour 90-95% of the players in this draft.

Nice to see Madison Bowey make the Top 30. He still has his fair share of bad pinches, odd positioning choices and head-scratching defensive plays, but the speed is without compare, the passing is good, and the shot is terrific, and, recently, he's been working on his physical play and he absolutely cranked a couple Hurricanes last week. He could really turn out to be one of those "How did we miss him?!" picks when all is said and done.

I also like seeing Justin Bailey on the list. He seems to get better by the game and with his massive frame and athletic bloodlines and good coaching, he might end up the best power forward in the draft.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Every time someone goes to see him, they come away disappointed and post about it here. Faults are lack of effort and drive, streakiness, and one-dimensionality. He is generally invisible despite putting up tons of points.
Oh, alright then. Too bad. Seems to have a knack for scoring goals...
Thanks for the response.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:07 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

I think that top 5 list of theirs is how it goes in next year's draft.

12-18-2012, 09:15 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the issue is with Anthony Mantha?
He's got very nice size, can skate, and at last count had 27 goals, which would put him near or at the very top of CHL goal scoring. And it's not like he has a world class passer playing along side him.
I know that stat don't tell the whole story, but not even a potential top 30 selection?
Seems kinda odd to me.
He's also one of the oldest players in the draft, and had a pretty underwhelming year last year, at least stats-wise. I think that's serving as something as a red flag as well.

I wouldn't put him out of my top 30, personally, but I'd bet that's the reason scouts aren't falling over him. If he were born two days earlier we'd be talking about the nice overage season he's putting together right now, you know?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He's also one of the oldest players in the draft, and had a pretty underwhelming year last year, at least stats-wise. I think that's serving as something as a red flag as well.

I wouldn't put him out of my top 30, personally, but I'd bet that's the reason scouts aren't falling over him. If he were born two days earlier we'd be talking about the nice overage season he's putting together right now, you know?
Same could be said of Seth Jones and Hunter Shinkaruk.

I don't question his age vs stats, I'm more worried about effort, commitment, etc.

His production was good last year after an extremely slow start.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Zadorov is climbing the ranking very fast.... he will be draft in the top 10 for sure....
If his offense would pick up, he woudl probably go a little higher.

London should try to trade for a puck moving defenseman to feed Zadorov on the PP to get Zadorov to fire one timers.

12-19-2012, 08:36 AM
flamebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'm surprised how many people have Lazar dropping in their rankings. Yet, when you hear people in the know talk about him (For instance Peter Loubardias (WHL commentator) says him going anywhere outside the Top 10 would be a steal), or you watch it, it frankly boggles the mind that anyone can see him and have him drop on your lists. Yeah, I get that he might not have elite scoring talent (Though he might have elite level playmaking abilities), but the intangibles (Heart, defensive game, selflessness, leadership, attitude) all seem to be there. I'd be much more confident in my team taking Lazar high than abour 90-95% of the players in this draft.

Nice to see Madison Bowey make the Top 30. He still has his fair share of bad pinches, odd positioning choices and head-scratching defensive plays, but the speed is without compare, the passing is good, and the shot is terrific, and, recently, he's been working on his physical play and he absolutely cranked a couple Hurricanes last week. He could really turn out to be one of those "How did we miss him?!" picks when all is said and done.

I also like seeing Justin Bailey on the list. He seems to get better by the game and with his massive frame and athletic bloodlines and good coaching, he might end up the best power forward in the draft.
Big Lazar fan, also surprised he's dropped out of the top 10 even though I still think he'll be back in the top 10 and if not one of the best players in the draft to not be taken in the top 10.

Baffled that Horvat, Duclair (injured for some time), and Domi are all omitted from the top 30 skaters, all guy could fall in from 15-30 IMO (Duclair, Horvat, Domi in that order)

flamebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Rinzler

The Max Domi omission seems odd. Perhaps his height/size is the issue? He'll be a steal early in the 2nd round if he does end up there I think.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Very good player playing on a very low profile team...we're talking about Val-D'or here lol.

The draft will be hard to predict just like last year but mostly because there are so many good players out there. I can see him being a top 15 pick if he reaches 40+ goals.
Drouin play for Halifax and he play on the line of MacKinnon

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:41 PM
CBJFan19*

would be awesome to see CBJ get MacKinnon AND Domi and 2 other guys in the top 35 picks

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote