HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Old
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
I don't see anyone coming to Halifax.

It's a safe bet to assume our current roster will remain the same throughout the next three weeks, with maybe a depth player coming in... Nothing drastic...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:19 AM
angry pirate

We (Halifax) have 8 players above a PPG (7F's 1D). I don't see us paying the ridiculously high price Huberdeau or Danault will cost.

I could see a trade for Tesink in the mix though. Rumour was we were after him at the draft but ran out of time. If Gagne was 19 we'd probably offer Lovell for him, but the Mooseheads are traditionally a very loyal organization. I don't see them dumping Gillard to upgrade to Gagne.

Lacroix-Courville
Liam Alcade
2013 2nd round pick

For

Ryan Tesink

Drouin | MacKinnon | Frk
Ciampini | Boudreau | Ashley
Fournier | Andrews | Tesink
Ryan | Falkenham | Beauchemin

Tesink could fit in better on the 2nd line, but the CBA line seem to be rolling so why split them up.

It may take one more piece to get this deal done, but I think an A prospect, and 95' who's playing in the Q already are close to enough.

edit: in hindsight, I think I've overvalued Lacroix slightly. Our 2013 2nd might have to be included from the start.

Trading our 2nd leaves us with no picks until the 4th round, but lots of above average 20's to trade in the off season for picks or prospects to retool with.

Ashley
Boudreau
Andrews
Lewis
Duke
Gazzola
Tesink
________

Beauchemin
Terenzio

Last edited by angry pirate: 12-16-2012 at 09:56 AM.
angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Tesink could fetch more then that.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
angry pirate

I dunno, I tried to base it on the Logan Shaw trade between Cape Breton and Quebec last season. Seemed the closest comparison.

Alcade is probably = to Desmerais
Lacroix-Courville is probably slightly > than Raphael Corriveau
Add in a 2nd round pick and minus that its not a host year.

What do you think Tesink will fetch?

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I dunno, I tried to base it on the Logan Shaw trade between Cape Breton and Quebec last season. Seemed the closest comparison.

Alcade is probably = to Desmerais
Lacroix-Courville is probably slightly > than Raphael Corriveau
Add in a 2nd round pick and minus that its not a host year.

What do you think Tesink will fetch?
Because of his experience, the fact that he can do it all lol... And that he's cheaper then the big boys..

1st
Top prospect
Young roster player
Mid round pick

Maybe the 1st is sent back for a future..

Old
12-17-2012, 12:05 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Because of his experience, the fact that he can do it all lol... And that he's cheaper then the big boys..

1st
Top prospect
Young roster player
Mid round pick

Maybe the 1st is sent back for a future..

if i was halifax, i would NOT make any big trades. They were missing their starting goalie, top dman, and top 3 fwds, and they completely handled moncton on saturday. Moncton will say that Jonathan Racine wasnt playing and Jaskin also....but even with those two players in the line up, i'm sorry Moncton, but you can't keep up with Halifax.

Halifax is in the drivers seat, and if i were them, i would take a page from the sea dogs, who did not make major moves during their memorial cup moves. When they did make moves, they were either earlier in the season, when the prices werent as high, or they made moves to tweak the roster.

IMO....

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
TheRookie

I'd be careful to base too much on 1 game ... You have to win a 4 game series and other teams will be adding so Moncton might have bene missing Jaskin and Racine but you can add to that because it's a safe bet to say they aren't finished yet.

Halifax still gave up 6 goals ... No disrespect to Halifax just saying don't base too much off of 1 game.

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
I'd be careful to base too much on 1 game ... You have to win a 4 game series and other teams will be adding so Moncton might have bene missing Jaskin and Racine but you can add to that because it's a safe bet to say they aren't finished yet.

Halifax still gave up 6 goals ... No disrespect to Halifax just saying don't base too much off of 1 game.
Took the words right out of my mouth !

Old
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
if i was halifax, i would NOT make any big trades. They were missing their starting goalie, top dman, and top 3 fwds, and they completely handled moncton on saturday. Moncton will say that Jonathan Racine wasnt playing and Jaskin also....but even with those two players in the line up, i'm sorry Moncton, but you can't keep up with Halifax.

Halifax is in the drivers seat, and if i were them, i would take a page from the sea dogs, who did not make major moves during their memorial cup moves. When they did make moves, they were either earlier in the season, when the prices werent as high, or they made moves to tweak the roster.

IMO....
That game doesn't mean much really... Moncton also beat us 3-0 with everyone in the line-up...

We let in 7 goals to Bathurst's average offense, should we sell?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
That game doesn't mean much really... Moncton also beat us 3-0 with everyone in the line-up...

Ask CHSB !!

Old
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Libbs

The problem with making big trades is chemistry.... you don't want to mess with it. This team is flying already so there isn't any need to make a drastic change.

A depth d-man, a back-up goalie and possibly a depth forward to play on the line with Ashley and Boudreau. No offense to Chiampini... but he'll end up being a liability. If we can upgrade that 3rd line spot, the forward lines should be all set.

I'm sure fans want to see Huberdeau...but honestly he's not really needed. A big name like that may do more detriment than good

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
c_robio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The problem with making big trades is chemistry.... you don't want to mess with it. This team is flying already so there isn't any need to make a drastic change.

A depth d-man, a back-up goalie and possibly a depth forward to play on the line with Ashley and Boudreau. No offense to Chiampini... but he'll end up being a liability. If we can upgrade that 3rd line spot, the forward lines should be all set.

I'm sure fans want to see Huberdeau...but honestly he's not really needed. A big name like that may do more detriment than good
I'd like to see Bussieres and Noreau brought into Halifax. What would we have to add to Ciampini and Hardie ?

Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk
Bussieres-Boudreau-Ashley
Ryan-Andrews-Fournier
Beachemin-Falkenham

Albethauser-Gazzolla
Gillard-Noreau
Lewis-Weegar
Duke

Fucale
Clark

Lindsay-Lovell-Alcalde

c_robio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:24 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post

I think it does mean something when a team without their top goaltender, their top D, and their complete first line beat in 3 nights PEI/Bathurst/Halifax...

Bathurst was not missing anybody significant nor PEI and against Moncton they were at their 3rd game in 3 nights to a Moncton squad missing Jaskin and Racine.
My assessment si that Fucale/Abeltshauser/MacKinnon/Drouin/Frk is a much greater loss than Moncton's plus the 3rd game in 3 nights.

I find that rather obvious that Halifax are head and shoulders above every other team in the Division.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
chsb

Quote:
Took the words right out of my mouth !
One game?

Halifax before last week, had the better results in the whole CHL and are still top in the Q.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
One game?

Halifax before last week, had the better results in the whole CHL and are still top in the Q.
The style of play changes in the playoffs..

Old
12-18-2012, 04:19 AM
TheRookie

Quote:
One game?

The original poster was using a 1 game example ...

Old
12-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
The style of play changes in the playoffs..
We discussed that on MooseTalk. Halifax is the heaviest, and oldest team in the league. We also have some playoff experience. Moncton does as well, but I don't think the "Built for the playoffs" argument has any merit. Halifax has the size and experience to also be "Built for the playoffs".

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
We discussed that on MooseTalk. Halifax is the heaviest, and oldest team in the league. We also have some playoff experience. Moncton does as well, but I don't think the "Built for the playoffs" argument has any merit. Halifax has the size and experience to also be "Built for the playoffs".
You have questionable goaltending and D. Your team has enough gamebreakers that they aren't out of any game (like Saint John last year), but your D and goaltending aren't all that close to BLB and Quebec's. If they add offense, they could easily catch you.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
You have questionable goaltending and D. Your team has enough gamebreakers that they aren't out of any game (like Saint John last year), but your D and goaltending aren't all that close to BLB and Quebec's. If they add offense, they could easily catch you.
That questionable goaltending and D are allowing the 2nd fewest shots per game in the league (25.13 to BLB's 24.84) and 2nd fewest goals per game in the league (2.77 to BLB's 2.63). No Halifax fan has said our D shouldn't be upgraded, but it is underrated IMO.

Most fans would also agree that Fucale also hasn't been as sharp as he could be for the 1st half of the season. So that 2.58 GAA he has can be improved upon still.

Last edited by Reesor01: 12-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old
12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
TheRookie

Quote:
That questionable goaltending and D are allowing the 2nd fewest shots per game in the league (25.13 to BLB's 24.84) and 2nd fewest goals per game in the league (2.77 to BLB's 2.63). No Halifax fan has said our D shouldn't be upgraded, but it is underrated IMO.

Most fans would also agree that Fucale also hasn't been as sharp as he could be for the 1st half of the season. So that 2.58 GAA he has can be improved upon still.
It's really no surprise they have the 2nd fewest shots against and goals against when you consider where Halifax is in the league ... they tend to spend much of the game in the offensive zone ... So the offense can be attributed to much of that success as well.

Fucale hasn't been horrible but I would suggest maybe looking for a better backup ... Maybe Nishi from Gatineau or Trudeau from CB ... IMO both are better options and wouldn't cost that much.

As far as defense ... It's not horrible but IMO a Kevin Gagne would be a huge addition and maybe the only real major piece they could use an upgrade at. No disrespect to Gillard but Gagne would bring more of what Halifax could use ... Abelthauser is racking up assists and can dish the puck but I think Halifax could use a more offensive minded D that can QB the PP ... Gagne is your guy not to mention he's 2nd in scoring for D on a team that stuggles to score goals most nights.

D and goaltending have been the issue with Halifax before ... I'd wanna make sure that was solid this time round

Old
12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
It's really no surprise they have the 2nd fewest shots against and goals against when you consider where Halifax is in the league ... they tend to spend much of the game in the offensive zone ... So the offense can be attributed to much of that success as well.

Fucale hasn't been horrible but I would suggest maybe looking for a better backup ... Maybe Nishi from Gatineau or Trudeau from CB ... IMO both are better options and wouldn't cost that much.

As far as defense ... It's not horrible but IMO a Kevin Gagne would be a huge addition and maybe the only real major piece they could use an upgrade at. No disrespect to Gillard but Gagne would bring more of what Halifax could use ... Abelthauser is racking up assists and can dish the puck but I think Halifax could use a more offensive minded D that can QB the PP ... Gagne is your guy not to mention he's 2nd in scoring for D on a team that stuggles to score goals most nights.

D and goaltending have been the issue with Halifax before ... I'd wanna make sure that was solid this time round
Agree with everything you've said (Although we aren't crying the sky is falling as much with our D as we did in 08 during the Marchand fiasco). We'd definitely like to upgrade the defense. Because we know that teams like Moncton, Quebec and BLB will also be upgrading. But as it stands right now, our D isn't questionable. It's actually quite good.

My personal dream would be to upgrade Gillard with Gagné, and upgrade Duke with Noreau from Baie-Comeau (If they are selling, which they may not be). If we made both of those moves, I wouldn't be fretting if the other contenders got Danault or Huberdeau.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:51 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
I'd like to see Bussieres and Noreau brought into Halifax. What would we have to add to Ciampini and Hardie ?

Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk
Bussieres-Boudreau-Ashley
Ryan-Andrews-Fournier
Beachemin-Falkenham

Albethauser-Gazzolla
Gillard-Noreau
Lewis-Weegar
Duke

Fucale
Clark

Lindsay-Lovell-Alcalde
i can guarantee you BC does not want Ciampini. I have direct knowledge of this team and they have been offered Ciampini multiple times this year already at the cost of a first round pick, and they are not interested. The rumour is that he can be a distraction in the dressing room. i'm not saying he is...i dont know the kid whatsoever. I dont see BC selling...why would they? They have been rebuilding for 5 years!!!

Old
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I think it does mean something when a team without their top goaltender, their top D, and their complete first line beat in 3 nights PEI/Bathurst/Halifax...

Bathurst was not missing anybody significant nor PEI and against Moncton they were at their 3rd game in 3 nights to a Moncton squad missing Jaskin and Racine.
My assessment si that Fucale/Abeltshauser/MacKinnon/Drouin/Frk is a much greater loss than Moncton's plus the 3rd game in 3 nights.

I find that rather obvious that Halifax are head and shoulders above every other team in the Division.
exactly...that's the best thing you have said all year!! (sarcastically!!!)

Old
12-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i can guarantee you BC does not want Ciampini. I have direct knowledge of this team and they have been offered Ciampini multiple times this year already at the cost of a first round pick, and they are not interested. The rumour is that he can be a distraction in the dressing room. i'm not saying he is...i dont know the kid whatsoever. I dont see BC selling...why would they? They have been rebuilding for 5 years!!!
lol. First Fournier is rumored to be a distraction in the dressing room, and now Ciampini.

It's funny how these rumors never seem to make it to MooseTalk where the majority of Moose fans post. Probably because they'd be shot down in an instant.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Revo

Quote:

Halifax is third in goals against per game behind Blainville-Boisbriand and Québec...you need to step up your statistical game, Reesor. I. Am. Always. Watching.

As for Ciampini, it might be completely false, but rumours on his behavior have been going around for a while, it's not new from this season.

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote