HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
hardfacts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Best D-man: Anderson is my number one (with Weidauer in my top four with Watson).

Rookie: Summers
Anderson is too high risk...high reward to be number one dman in league....

I like Weidauer or Smith from CP.....

But watching Harper the last couple of games....dont count this guy out.....very reliable....in both ends of rink.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Anderson is too high risk...high reward to be number one dman in league....

I like Weidauer or Smith from CP.....

But watching Harper the last couple of games....dont count this guy out.....very reliable....in both ends of rink.
I might consider Anderson for the best d man if he did not take stupid and sometimes untimely penalties. I also like Harper however he is more prone to turnovers than Weidauer.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Ottawa Guy

Harper has shown that he has some good offensive qualities this season however I would not put him in the top 5 at this time. I do not see him as having the type of defensive presence top end defense have, struggling in his own end quite a bit, needs to improve his mobility in order to be able to deal with the top end offensive players one on one.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
wrister82

Quote:
If it was not for Smith in first period it would have been 5-2 for CP....kings looked a little tired in my opinion....not alot of jump....one bright spot was the pp...it looked organized and good puck movement....

CP....was very good in first period...especially for playing 3 games in four nights....they just kept coming in the third....

Classic JC last night....sent one of the Edwards boys off for taking dumb penalty...you could hear him as clear as day call him selfish....

Harper just keeps on getting better every game....thought he could have been one of best players on the ice last night....
That's a nice win for CP but am I reading this right JC sent one of the brothers off the ice again! This is like the third time this season. That is wild

Old
12-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Macker9

I think Anderson may be one of the best D offensively and could be overall if he was a tad bit more responsible. I wonder what the Edwards boys must be thinking at this point, it is good to make a statement from a coaching perspective although embarrassment can get a negative response. Lastly Gloucester has been in a major tailspin, they went from a playoff spot to the basement. Any idea what happened there?

Old
12-18-2012, 07:15 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macker9 View Post
I think Anderson may be one of the best D offensively and could be overall if he was a tad bit more responsible. I wonder what the Edwards boys must be thinking at this point, it is good to make a statement from a coaching perspective although embarrassment can get a negative response. Lastly Gloucester has been in a major tailspin, they went from a playoff spot to the basement. Any idea what happened there?

Ouimet!

Old
12-18-2012, 07:49 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Dont have any inside contact with CP....but i would think that taking selfish penalties would be the distraction not the coach sending them off....just my opinion...CP was clearly going to get a pp in a three three game...edwards slew footed the player who commited the penalty on him and it was evened up....

Rangers.....same as every year...kids are excited to play..then the owner coach factor kicks in....kids quit and the team tail spins....ya think he would figure it out...

Old
12-18-2012, 07:50 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Ouimet!
Yes ...the rumour has it in Pembroke....he was a distraction...three teams in one year....wow

Old
12-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Jrfever

Quote:
Dont have any inside contact with CP....but i would think that taking selfish penalties would be the distraction not the coach sending them off....just my opinion...CP was clearly going to get a pp in a three three game...edwards slew footed the player who commited the penalty on him and it was evened up..
Please explain where you saw the "slew foot." Edwards was given a roughing penalty, and that is what I saw.

Last edited by Jrfever: 12-18-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old
12-18-2012, 09:00 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Yes ...the rumour has it in Pembroke....he was a distraction...three teams in HALF A SEASAON....wow
Corrected

Old
12-18-2012, 09:20 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrfever View Post
Please explain where you saw the "slew foot." Edwards was given a roughing penalty.
Last time i checked there was not a slew foot penalty call......i was at the game as i am evey Sunday for the last ten yrs.....call it what you want....it was a dump penalty that cost CP a pp in a tie game...

Onto another topic...Hrehoriak...5 pts in last 2o games....he needs to start scoring if Kings are going to continue to move up in the standings....

Old
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
BackBringCam

Hear a rumour Durocher quit in Gloucester also, is this old news or can anybody confirm/deny?

Old
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Jrfever

Quote:
Last time i checked there was not a slew foot penalty call.
A slew foot is called a trip. It is clearly explained in the rules, if you would like to check again.

There was no slew foot. That is why you can't describe it and the ref. called a roughing penalty.

Let me help you out, as I had a clear view of the play, and I know that rink has some obstructed views. Audi high sticked Edwards near the net. As the whistle blew, I believe because the puck was covered not for the penalty, Audi's stick was still jammed into the shoulder/neck area of Edwards. Edwards pushed Audi's stick out of the way, and shoved Audi chest/chin area. This was pretty much just regular crease activity that happens in every game: nothing remarkable.

I have no problem with the calls. It should be noted that the ref. who made the call was behind the players. It is possible that Edwards did not know that Audi was being penalized when he reacted to Audi's aggression, but he would have to tell you that.

As for addressing undisciplined play, I am certain it can be done without embarrassing the player.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
A slew foot is called a trip. It is clearly explained in the rules, if you would like to check again.

There was no slew foot. That is why you can't describe it and the ref. called a roughing penalty.

Let me help you out, as I had a clear view of the play, and I know that rink has some obstructed views. Audi high sticked Edwards near the net. As the whistle blew, I believe because the puck was covered not for the penalty, Audi's stick was still jammed into the shoulder/neck area of Edwards. Edwards pushed Audi's stick out of the way, and shoved Audi chest/chin area. This was pretty much just regular crease activity that happens in every game: nothing remarkable.

I have no problem with the calls. It should be noted that the ref. who made the call was behind the players. It is possible that Edwards did not know that Audi was being penalized when he reacted to Audi's aggression, but he would have to tell you that.

As for addressing undisciplined play, I am certain it can be done without embarrassing the player.
maybe he tried that and it did not work?

Old
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Macker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
maybe he tried that and it did not work?
Well if its gotten to the point where the player doesn't listen behind closed doors and Clarke has done this in front of everyone multiple times perhaps he should be traded, otherwise you have a player that wants to quit on the coach come playoffs and it hurts the entire team. Not saying that either is to completely blame it seems that it isn't working out from either perspective.

Also it is kind of a joke when players from Gloucester have to quit because obviously Jennings won't trade them, no idea why this guy is still around

Old
12-18-2012, 03:54 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Paul Jennings

Old
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Well if its gotten to the point where the player doesn't listen behind closed doors and Clarke has done this in front of everyone multiple times perhaps he should be traded, otherwise you have a player that wants to quit on the coach come playoffs and it hurts the entire team. Not saying that either is to completely blame it seems that it isn't working out from either perspective.

Also it is kind of a joke when players from Gloucester have to quit because obviously Jennings won't trade them, no idea why this guy is still around

We'll take him .... and his brother to. Send them to Nepean right after the All-Star Challenge Cup they are participating in next week!

Lets get serious here...given that JC likely had a hand in their choice to the squad - well I doubt he believes "it isnt working out from either perspective".

We'll take Desrochers from the Rangers to!

Go Raiders Go!

Old
12-18-2012, 09:15 PM
hardfacts

Quote:

You must be a family member not to see that it was an undisipline penalty....everyone in Pembroke was thanking Edwards for the dumb penalty...drop it and move on...

Old
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
You must be a family member not to see that it was an undisipline penalty....everyone in Pembroke was thanking Edwards for the dumb penalty...drop it and move on...

Actually Jrfever indicated in his post "...have no problem with the call" and that "addressing undisciplined play can be done without embarrassing the players." He never said it wasn't undisciplined?!?

He also corrected you (since he actually attends PLK's games) on what was a push to the chest versus what you termed slew foot?! You must have a hate on for the Edwards kid?!

But yes.....lets move on.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:58 PM
oldnucks

what happened in kanata tonight?

Old
12-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Macker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

We'll take him .... and his brother to. Send them to Nepean right after the All-Star Challenge Cup they are participating in next week!

Lets get serious here...given that JC likely had a hand in their choice to the squad - well I doubt he believes "it isnt working out from either perspective".

We'll take Desrochers from the Rangers to!

Go Raiders Go!
i dont see anyhwere in there where I insulted how good both of the players are. Although you can't deny CP quit on their coach last year in the playoffs and situations like what happened are examples of why. All I was stating was that the brothers as good as they are may faulter in playoffs as a result of embarassment, just like the players last year.

Also Smiths Falls had a very bad game all around. They were good at throwing pucks to the net, Although Lane played strong. Everything else was awful, absolutely no backchekcers on the rush to help out the D. Several 2 on 1's that resulted in goals. Smiths falls may be too offesnive because their forwards dont want anything to do with getting back. Lastly Martin needs play stronger for this to be a different game, some of the goals were impossible, while a majority were straight shots.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:35 AM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
what happened in kanata tonight?
Kanata 7 - Smiths Falls 1
At the game tonight and saw a really great game that kept the bears on their toes by the entire Stallions team.
The Bears (0ne of my teams) did not favor well tonight ---but this does happen and they can learn from this. This is a great team!
I thought and bet a win over the Stallions --never thought a massacre by the Stallions…

Can’t try and defend the Bear’s. They did play hard, but were outplayed on all fronts. Hate to say it, but the score should have been higher with Martin in.
Stallions tender, Lane, made the difference and won the game for them.
The top Bear’s guys were either shut down or just could not produce; nor defend their territory.

If the Stallions could/come out like this every night, they would be a top tier team and not have to rely on certain guys or on their goaltending to try and save them every night.
Tonight the Stallions played well (scored), but Lane saved them again.

Great play by Stallions: Plouffe, Murphy, Hart, Walsh, Moffat and Watson.
These guys were amazing, and so was the rest of the team.
They look great and at home….??? (Which they typically do not)

Putting this out to the forum…
Has anyone looked at the top 20 goalies to assess: all the regular/obvious goalie stats (SV, SV%, GA) and really looked at: total shots, total saves, ranking of their team, ranking of their defense/PP/total +/- of the team in front of them etc?
(Forget the PR/media budgets of some teams or the "Hockey Forum boosters" that always promote their guy)...

Noticing that some of the goaltenders have been tagged with: “bad game”, “inconsistent’, amount of goals, etc games (regardless of the team if front of them or win/losses), but noticed (as of late) some of the “top goalies’ have been plagued with the same dismal game outcomes (but they play for top rated teams…hmmm)

Old
12-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Jrfever

Quote:
I never disagreed that the penalty was undisciplined: it was.

The purpose of my post was to correct the two, if not three, errors in your post.

I wonder what else you have wrong, since you've been guessing instead of dealing with the “hardfacts?”

Last edited by Jrfever: 12-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 06:38 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadaIknow View Post
Kanata 7 - Smiths Falls 1
At the game tonight and saw a really great game that kept the bears on their toes by the entire Stallions team.
The Bears (0ne of my teams) did not favor well tonight ---but this does happen and they can learn from this. This is a great team!
I thought and bet a win over the Stallions --never thought a massacre by the Stallions…

Can’t try and defend the Bear’s. They did play hard, but were outplayed on all fronts. Hate to say it, but the score should have been higher with Martin in.
Stallions tender, Lane, made the difference and won the game for them.
The top Bear’s guys were either shut down or just could not produce; nor defend their territory.

If the Stallions could/come out like this every night, they would be a top tier team and not have to rely on certain guys or on their goaltending to try and save them every night.
Tonight the Stallions played well (scored), but Lane saved them again.

Great play by Stallions: Plouffe, Murphy, Hart, Walsh, Moffat and Watson.
These guys were amazing, and so was the rest of the team.
They look great and at home….??? (Which they typically do not)

Putting this out to the forum…
Has anyone looked at the top 20 goalies to assess: all the regular/obvious goalie stats (SV, SV%, GA) and really looked at: total shots, total saves, ranking of their team, ranking of their defense/PP/total +/- of the team in front of them etc?
(Forget the PR/media budgets of some teams or the "Hockey Forum boosters" that always promote their guy)...

Noticing that some of the goaltenders have been tagged with: “bad game”, “inconsistent’, amount of goals, etc games (regardless of the team if front of them or win/losses), but noticed (as of late) some of the “top goalies’ have been plagued with the same dismal game outcomes (but they play for top rated teams…hmmm)

Murphy? The only Murphy to my knowledge is a Kanata prospect playing in Arnprior this season.
Agree with most of your summary, Lane certainly was solid but I disagree he "was the difference given the goal spread, though yeah, it would of been a closer score no doubt with out timely saves.
Have not seen much of Smiths Falls this year (second time). Is their goatending enough in the opinion of those that follow them regularly? What is their percieved weakness?

Old
12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
I never said the penalty was undisciplined: it was.

The purpose of my post was to correct the two, if not three, errors in your post.

I wonder what else you have wrong, since you've been guessing instead of dealing with the “hardfacts?”
I have been a season ticket holder for 10 yrs...was at the game...i guess family members see thing with rose colored glasses....

Closed Thread