HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Switzerland

Old
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
nabby12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Andrigehtto IMO
Knew you would come here to post that. Typical MB

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:55 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby12 View Post
Knew you would come here to post that. Typical MB
oh YOU KNOW

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Canada4Gold

What about Bertschy? If I remember correctly people were saying last year that this year he'd be the leader of the team, their next Nino, and Baertschi. Has he regressed or has Andrigehtto just gotten that much better, or am I mistaken, or is the info I got last year just flat out wrong?

Canada4Gold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:04 AM
jonas2244

There is no new Nino or Bärtschi on its way. Bertschy and Andrighetto are talented guys, but nowhere near a first-round draft like the two others.

Bertschy plays for Bern, one of the best teams of the league (in terms of players) and gets ice-time in the 3rd or 4th line. It's not easy to shine there. We'll see at the WJC how he progressed when he gets first-line minutes.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 03:36 AM
NicoSB

Bertaggia said to RSI he would like to return to Switzerland, Zug is interested, Lugano is possible as well.

I don't like that. :/

NicoSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:50 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
Bertaggia said to RSI he would like to return to Switzerland, Zug is interested, Lugano is possible as well.

Why ? If he doesn't get drafted, it is natural way to return home and play somewhere in NLA. Look at Martschini, he is doing soild in Zug (6+4)

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
I'm guessing Richard will be the best player on the team? (15th in OHL points)
If Andrighetto and Richard will play on the same line they will power the offensiv game of Switzerland... Put there is also the possibility that Andrighetto will center his own line and Tanner will center the other... In my eyes that will harm the strenght of the two...

I mean they did test during the scrimmages the line with Andrighetto - Richard - Martschini and Bertaggia - Bertschy - Leone. But on the 2nd day they formed a line of Simion - Richard - Martschini and Bertaggia - Andrighetto - Bertschy if I remember correctly?

On Monday they will play an exhibition against the EHC Visp of the National League B (the 2nd highest Swiss league) and it will be interessting to see how the Swiss will handle these men? I also wonder if the EHC Visp will bring their A-team to that game with the foreign players or I they will give their young players or the loan-guys from the EHC Thun a chance? If they play with the A-team, the under-20 team will have no chance in my eyes, but I guess it's not about winning is it?

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:22 PM
bigbadbruins7

i thought the main offensive guy for you would be alessio bertaggia. how come he is not getting alot of love here?

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:38 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:

Why wouldn't you like that? He's doing well in junior, but he needs to play pro hockey next season. It's not like it's too early, he was already doing fine during his first NLA season.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:31 AM
NicoSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Why ? If he doesn't get drafted, it is natural way to return home and play somewhere in NLA. Look at Martschini, he is doing soild in Zug (6+4)
Personally, I prefer watching CHL games over NLA ones

Apart from that I'm afraid he might get stuck in 3rd/4th line and go under in the mass of mediocre players :/

Old
12-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
i thought the main offensive guy for you would be alessio bertaggia. how come he is not getting alot of love here?
Well he will be one of the offensivly main guys... Why do you think, he's not getting any love here?

Old
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:

Apart from that I'm afraid he might get stuck in 3rd/4th line and go under in the mass of mediocre players :/
Mediocre NLA players are still better than juniors. And if he's not good enough to develop into something more than a depth player, staying longer in junior won't change it.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
torero

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Mediocre NLA players are still better than juniors. And if he's not good enough to develop into something more than a depth player, staying longer in junior won't change it.
I prefer watching NLA games, yet i have to admit that CHL games are pretty fun !!
(not that i watched 100's ;-) but 3 or so. They are pretty entertaining.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Well as expected, the Swiss lost yesterday against the EHC Visp from the National League B 4-6...

The Team of Visp held a pre-game ceremony to honour Michel Zeiter and Phillippe Portner (a local star-player)... The Swiss dressed 21 guys, but unfortunalty no Christian Marti

And boy, oh boy the swiss started the game flat footed... I didn't took long until Melvin Nyffeler, who started the game, was beaten by a Visp-Forward who broke into the slot... The 2nd goal didn't took any longer...
The Swiss needed almost 10min to adapt to the game speed and got with two lucky bounces the two goals back and tied the game...
What was realy interessting is, that from their 1st shift on Tanner Richard and Alessio Bertaggia where aggitating and trash-talking... It took about 12min and Tanner Richard and Dominic Forget got together, resulting in penalties for both and a PowerPlay for Visp.
In the 2nd period Allesio Bertaggia and Niki Altorfer started a brawl and got 4min penalites.
I don't know why the coaching staff didn't held them back, since both are offensivly so important to the team to loose the to stuppid penalties like that... I mean Tanner Richard even started to mock Didier Massy the head ref and catched a 10min disconduct for unsportsmanlike behavor...

These where the line-combinations (Lw-C-RW):

Lino Martschini - Tanner Richard - Sven Andrighetto
Sandro Zangger - Christoph Bertschy - Robin Leone
Alessio Bertaggia - Lukas Balmelli - Dario Simion
Lukas Sieber - Jan Neuenschwander - Mike Künzle
13th Forward - Vincent Praplan

Cedric Hächler - Dean Kukan
Samuel Guerra - Isacco Dotti
Eliot Antonietti - Mirco Müller
Lukas Frick - Phil Baltisberger

One of the PP-Lines was:
Dario Simion - Tanner Richard - Sven Andrighetto
Lino Martschini - Dean Kukan

The last 10min of the game after the Swiss where running after a 2-goal deficit, Simpson put Andrighetto-Richard and Bertschy together...

Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 12-18-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old
12-18-2012, 08:32 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

U20 trash shouldn't be trash talking established players in the first place, but having your best forwards penalized for it is downright stupid.

On the other hand, I can't think of anything more ironic than having Didier Massy punishing anyone for unsportsmanlike behavior

Last edited by stv11: 12-18-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old
12-18-2012, 08:43 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Did Visp used it's best lineup ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Visp doesn't have mediocre NLA players, they have NLB players. Visp was beaten by GCK Lions this season and I think that if they can win against Visp, our best under 20 players should also be able to do it (especially since GCK Lions don't really have dominating imports or veterans). But alas they lost.. ;-)

Zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Statsy

Great write-ups Rafik! Keep 'em coming!

Statsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:30 AM
NicoSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
Visp doesn't have mediocre NLA players, they have NLB players. Visp was beaten by GCK Lions this season and I think that if they can win against Visp, our best under 20 players should also be able to do it (especially since GCK Lions don't really have dominating imports or veterans). But alas they lost.. ;-)
You can't really compare GCK Lions to our Junior team. First off at least half of the team is older than 20, there are even five players aged over 25. Second they play together every day whereas the Junior team barely meets. Last but not least Visp is a better NLB team, they have great qualities and some decent players. I've got always a bad feeling when travelling to the Litterna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsy View Post
Great write-ups Rafik! Keep 'em coming!

Old
12-18-2012, 12:20 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Thanks for the update Rafik!
Btw did Niffeler allow all 6 goals?

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:35 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Bertaggia to Zug is official. Funny that he goes the opposite way as his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
What does Visp has to do with my post?

Old
12-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Did Visp used it's best lineup ?
Not really... They sure had dressed Domenico Pittis and Dominic Forget, but they never saw the ice time they usually do... They had Phillippe Portner in the line-up (i thought he played a lot) and he had retired last season and a couple of 1st amateur league playes from Thun (their partner-team) and one Elite Jr. B-Player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Thanks for the update Rafik!
Btw did Niffeler allow all 6 goals?
No, Nyffeler allowed two goals and Boltshauser 4... Both played good and had a couple of good saves... They are two totaly different goalies and while Nyffeler, despite his small size, plays deep in his net, Boltshauser is the more aggressive and challenges shooters by cutting their angles...
So it's acutally not fair, because Nyffeler again will get the better stats and has played in a total different situataion. After the two goals allowed the whole team played with more composure and Nyffeler had faced around 10 shots. He showed good positioning, expecially with his glove... Then Boltshauser came in and got beaten after a couple of minutes with a beutiful deflection and from that moment on it was run-and-gun for the swiss. They opened up and played forward to catch that deficit. So Boltshauser saw more scoring chances against him than Nyffeler and thatfore catched more goals...

I believe that Kuonen and Boltshauser will play the exhibition game in Russia and I'm still sure, that Boltshauser will be the starter...

Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 12-19-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 08:52 AM
jonas2244

Phil Baltisberger and Lukas Frick are the final cuts.

The roster now looks like:

Goalies (3): Boltshauser Luca (Färjestad BK / SWE), Kuonen Robin (EV Zug), Nyffeler Melvin (GCK Lions)

Defence (7): Antonietti Eliot (Genève-Servette HC), Dotti Isacco (HC Ambrì-Piotta), Guerra Samuel (HC Davos), Hächler Cédric (ZSC Lions), Kukan Dean (Tingsryd AIF / SWE), Marti Christian (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada / QMJHL), Müller Mirco (Everett Silvertips / WHL)

Offence (13): Andrighetto Sven (Rouyn Noranda Huskies / QMJHL), Balmelli Lukas (Drumondville Voltigeurs / QMJHL), Bertaggia Alessio (Brandon Wheat Kings / WHL), Bertschy Christoph (SC Bern), Künzle Mike (GCK Lions), Leone Robin (Kloten Flyers), Martschini Lino (EV Zug), Neuenschwander Jan (HC Davos), Praplan Vincent (Kloten Flyers), Richard Tanner (Guelph Storm / OHL), Sieber Lukas (HC Davos), Simion Dario (HC Lugano), Zangger Sandro (GCK Lions),

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:09 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Phil Baltisberger and Lukas Frick are the final cuts.

The roster now looks like:

Goalies (3): Boltshauser Luca (Färjestad BK / SWE), Kuonen Robin (EV Zug), Nyffeler Melvin (GCK Lions)

Defence (7): Antonietti Eliot (Genève-Servette HC), Dotti Isacco (HC Ambrì-Piotta), Guerra Samuel (HC Davos), Hächler Cédric (ZSC Lions), Kukan Dean (Tingsryd AIF / SWE), Marti Christian (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada / QMJHL), Müller Mirco (Everett Silvertips / WHL)

Offence (13): Andrighetto Sven (Rouyn Noranda Huskies / QMJHL), Balmelli Lukas (Drumondville Voltigeurs / QMJHL), Bertaggia Alessio (Brandon Wheat Kings / WHL), Bertschy Christoph (SC Bern), Künzle Mike (GCK Lions), Leone Robin (Kloten Flyers), Martschini Lino (EV Zug), Neuenschwander Jan (HC Davos), Praplan Vincent (Kloten Flyers), Richard Tanner (Guelph Storm / OHL), Sieber Lukas (HC Davos), Simion Dario (HC Lugano), Zangger Sandro (GCK Lions),

I'm surprised, to say the least. Did he play that bad?

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
I'm surprised, to say the least. Did he play that bad?
No, but he just didn't stood out... Phil Baltisberger just has not made any progress compared to the last season... He's just pure strength, but in my eyes is not the best skater or puck-moving abilities which is clearly the strength of Mirco Müller who in my eyes took his spot...

Baltisberger's advantage last year was, that he had his biggest fan Manuele Celio in the Coaching Staff....

Lukas Frick is more the type of the offensive defenseman and that role goes to Dean Kukan and probably Cedric Hächler and Christian Marti (thank god he's ready to play the tournament) in this years team. He should be ready for next year's team.

Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 12-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.