HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Old
12-18-2012, 09:10 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
lol. First Fournier is rumored to be a distraction in the dressing room, and now Ciampini.

It's funny how these rumors never seem to make it to MooseTalk where the majority of Moose fans post. Probably because they'd be shot down in an instant.
you only comment on the rumour...not the part that i say "i dont know that to be true"

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Halifax is third in goals against per game behind Blainville-Boisbriand and Québec...you need to step up your statistical game, Reesor. I. Am. Always. Watching.

As for Ciampini, it might be completely false, but rumours on his behavior have been going around for a while, it's not new from this season.
: Shows 2nd there.

http://chlcluster.leaguestat.com/dow...ly-report.html

Fucale's GAA is 3rd best in the league behind Marcoux and Brassard. That might be what you were looking at.

But yah, haven't heard anything mentioned about Ciampini. There were rumors flying about MacKinnon, but they've been quieted down since.

Last edited by Reesor01: 12-18-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
you only comment on the rumour...not the part that i say "i dont know that to be true"
Oh I wasn't blaming you specifically. Just responding to the rumor portion.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Revo

Quote:

Fucale's save % is 3rd best in the league behind Marcoux and Brassard. That might be what you were looking at.

But yah, haven't heard anything mentioned about Ciampini. There were rumors flying about MacKinnon, but they've been quieted down since.
No, Halifax is third... even using the link you sent, you were wrong as it places Quebec in front of Halifax, not Blainville.

I'm really wondering how they came up with Halifax at a lower goals against per game than Blainville when they allowed the same number of goals as Blainville in one less game.

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
chsb

Quote:
No, Halifax is third... even using the link you sent, you were wrong as it places Quebec in front of Halifax, not Blainville.

I'm really wondering how they came up with Halifax at a lower goals against per game than Blainville when they allowed the same number of goals as Blainville in one less game.

Who cares?

Quebec just added Dillon Donnelly to add some physical game to their D.............
Poudrier and a 2nd round pick were the price and Poudrier will be flipped to the Foreurs for Gray.

It is obvious that Patrick Roy is adding some physical players like Donnelley and Turnbull...
This is a team which did not have the depth to compete against Halifax.
Turnbull?
Donnelly?

I don't know about that....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Reesor01

Quote:

Oh ok I said we were 2nd to BLB and that's wrong. We're 2nd to Quebec.

And yes you're right in that BLB has allowed 92 goals in 34 games (2.705), while Halifax has allowed 92 goals in 33 games (2.788). You can have the trophy back. When I did research, I didn't expect to have to do math.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
TheRookie

Quote:

Fucale's save % is 3rd best in the league behind Marcoux and Brassard. That might be what you were looking at.

Ok Ya got me confused now ...

Fucale's Save Pct is not 3rd best in the league ... It's actually more like tied for 7th with Cupper and I would suggest Cupper is facing far more difficult shots. I don't watch a ton of Shawinigan games but I don't think I should have to in this case

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Ok Ya got me confused now ...

Fucale's Save Pct is not 3rd best in the league ... It's actually more like tied for 7th with Cupper and I would suggest Cupper is facing far more difficult shots. I don't watch a ton of Shawinigan games but I don't think I should have to in this case
ffs I give up. GAA not sv %

Just assume I mean the opposite of what I say.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
c_robio

Quote:
i can guarantee you BC does not want Ciampini. I have direct knowledge of this team and they have been offered Ciampini multiple times this year already at the cost of a first round pick, and they are not interested. The rumour is that he can be a distraction in the dressing room. i'm not saying he is...i dont know the kid whatsoever. I dont see BC selling...why would they? They have been rebuilding for 5 years!!!
I definitely agree that Baie Comeau shouldn't be sellers. But I was thinking more in terms of tweaking.

Ciampini and Hardie could fill the roles of Bussieres and Noreau to an extent but also still be available as 19 year olds next season, where Bussieres and Noreau are likely to go pro.

You've pointed out that BC does not want Ciampini so that squashes that but this is the type of deal i'm hoping the Moose can find.

If a LW is brought into replace Ciampini he has nowhere in the lineup to play so I think he'd need to be dealt in the process.

Drouin
Ciampini Replacement
Ryan
Beauchemin

As for Hardie, he's solid and we surely could use him as a 19 next year but this season if we bring in another Dman, as a Lefty I think he'd be the one to sit

Albethauser(L)-Gazzolla(R)
Gillard(L) - (Hopefully a Right Hand Shot like Noreau)
Lewis(L) - Weegar(R)
Hardie(L)/Duke(L)

Duke wouldn't have much trade value and is from here so he's fine as the #7, so Hardie is the guy I would be looking to deal.

c_robio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:16 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
I definitely agree that Baie Comeau shouldn't be sellers. But I was thinking more in terms of tweaking.

Ciampini and Hardie could fill the roles of Bussieres and Noreau to an extent but also still be available as 19 year olds next season, where Bussieres and Noreau are likely to go pro.

You've pointed out that BC does not want Ciampini so that squashes that but this is the type of deal i'm hoping the Moose can find.

If a LW is brought into replace Ciampini he has nowhere in the lineup to play so I think he'd need to be dealt in the process.

Drouin
Ciampini Replacement
Ryan
Beauchemin

As for Hardie, he's solid and we surely could use him as a 19 next year but this season if we bring in another Dman, as a Lefty I think he'd be the one to sit

Albethauser(L)-Gazzolla(R)
Gillard(L) - (Hopefully a Right Hand Shot like Noreau)
Lewis(L) - Weegar(R)
Hardie(L)/Duke(L)

Duke wouldn't have much trade value and is from here so he's fine as the #7, so Hardie is the guy I would be looking to deal.
i see what your saying. it certainly makes sense if they are able to find a partner. If they had any interest in Ciampini that would work for both teams, but i dont see this happening. And, i believe that Halifax would have to sweeten the pot a bit in order to get both Bussieres and Noreau. I think if either of those are moved, it will be for players, and not picks. BC already have 3 picks in the first round in 2013 and 2 picks in 2014.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:17 PM
TheRookie

Trading Bussieres & Noreau means they are selling even if it means bringing back Ciampini & Hardie ... That's a step backwards and a substantial one at that not to mention they are helping another contender get even stronger by making themselves weaker in the process.

Seems more like wishful thinking to me ...

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:33 PM
c_robio

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Trading Bussieres & Noreau means they are selling even if it means bringing back Ciampini & Hardie ... That's a step backwards and a substantial one at that not to mention they are helping another contender get even stronger by making themselves weaker in the process.

Seems more like wishful thinking to me ...
lol , perhaps

Old
12-18-2012, 01:05 PM
c_robio

Quote:
i see what your saying. it certainly makes sense if they are able to find a partner. If they had any interest in Ciampini that would work for both teams, but i dont see this happening. And, i believe that Halifax would have to sweeten the pot a bit in order to get both Bussieres and Noreau. I think if either of those are moved, it will be for players, and not picks. BC already have 3 picks in the first round in 2013 and 2 piiampini cks in 2014.
A trade like that would be difficult, an easier approach would probably be to trade Ciampini somewhere for futures and then flip those futures towards a trade to a team that is more of a seller like Saint John for Huberdeau/Tesink

Old
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Who cares?

Quebec just added Dillon Donnelly to add some physical game to their D.............
Poudrier and a 2nd round pick were the price and Poudrier will be flipped to the Foreurs for Gray.

It is obvious that Patrick Roy is adding some physical players like Donnelley and Turnbull...
This is a team which did not have the depth to compete against Halifax.
Turnbull?
Donnelly?

I don't know about that....
You say Quebec doesn't have the depth that can compete with Halifax, then they go add depth players...

Mind you the trade period hasn't even officially begun, so let's not judge Quebec's post deadline depth just yet (I know you didn't).... More moves will be made..

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
You say Quebec doesn't have the depth that can compete with Halifax, then they go add depth players...

Mind you the trade period hasn't even officially begun, so let's not judge Quebec's post deadline depth just yet (I know you didn't).... More moves will be made..
Just compare both 3rd lines and add the players they want to bring.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Just compare both 3rd lines and add the players they want to bring.
Halifax has a big advantage there.. If Quebec get someone like Tesink and have Etchegary heal quickly that helps... No clue on Etch's timetable, if he'll come back at all...

Old
12-18-2012, 03:59 PM
chsb

Quote:
Halifax has a big advantage there.. If Quebec get someone like Tesink and have Etchegary heal quickly that helps... No clue on Etch's timetable, if he'll come back at all...
Etchegary pays center on the 2nd line....

They spend 2nd round picks on guys like Donnelly and they are running out of them.
How do you want them to acquire Tesink?

The key here is that Halifax traded at judicious times when the market was cheaper and are now in a very good situation for the last straight.

This is why I believe this trade period will be rather quiet as most contenders like Halifax/Moncton/BLB already moved and got nothing else to offer to sellers any way.

I can see a team like BC making a splash with their collection of 2013 first round picks though.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:44 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Etchegary pays center on the 2nd line....

They spend 2nd round picks on guys like Donnelly and they are running out of them.
How do you want them to acquire Tesink?

The key here is that Halifax traded at judicious times when the market was cheaper and are now in a very good situation for the last straight.

This is why I believe this trade period will be rather quiet as most contenders like Halifax/Moncton/BLB already moved and got nothing else to offer to sellers any way.

I can see a team like BC making a splash with their collection of 2013 first round picks though.
I think both Moncton and BLB will add at least one impact player. Moncton doesn't care about finishing last next season and BLB has Saint John's first pick and interesting 17-18 yo players to sell.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Ill say this:

There's a ego in that Moose locker room... More then we think... If they start losing things could go sour...

BC won't sell or buy.. 1 good year isn't enough... They have to be good every year to keep their team.. I could see them unloading a big player or 2... Nothing major.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Ill say this:

There's a ego in that Moose locker room... More then we think... If they start losing things could go sour...
Agreed. Looks like the Moose have 20 egos in the dressing room. No Memorial Cup for them.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:59 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Agreed. Looks like the Moose have 20 egos in the dressing room. No Memorial Cup for them.
No I guess not..

Old
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
That team had a lot of egos.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Ill say this:

an ego on a junior hockey team

I heard Liam Alcalde wants to be top dog and not Nate

Old
12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

I didn't say that they wouldn't win... I said that they have more ego then let on... I wouldn't be surpised if anything or nothing happened.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Reesor01

Quote:

I heard when Matt Boudreau salutes, he's actually sarcastically saluting Nate because Matt thinks he should be top line center instead.

I also heard that when the Moose win at home, Ryan Falkenham doesn't raise his stick with the rest of the team because he's "above that".