HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anyone purchased a Tour Des Canadiens condo?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
I think that whoever has the money and does not buy one now will be kicking themselves in three years when it's built and worth more, just think of the prestige of owning a unit in this building?

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Mister Potato

Did anyone here take an appointment with their sales rep ? I got the email telling me they still have units available and I wanted to know what they have left.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
WestIslander

The condos SOLD OUT in one month and broke all sales records in Montreal's history!!!

Condos that sold for $290K were sold for $320K less than 6 weeks later due to supply and demand, now all that is left is L'Avenue across the street.

Old
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

So Geoff makes more money, huzzah! (?)

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
WestIslander

Geoff Molson and Canadiens Hockey Club are very minority owners in the project, this is Candarel and Cadillac Fairview's baby.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Makes me wonder why no one attempted a project like this sooner, to be honest.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I agree, but think of it:

Tour Des Canadiens, L'Avenue, Roccabella an Incone are 8 condo towers being built within walking distance of Le Centre Bell, Montreal will soon be like/look like Toronto and people buying now at $500 a SF will eventually sell for at least $600 + a SF, Toronto and Vancouver are now over $700 a SF.

As for not doing this earlier, I don't think George Gillete wanted to do it, I think Geoff Molson made the call on this one.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
There's always someone late to the party...

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:47 PM
thom

Does anyone no if Guy Lafleur is invested in the project?He was heard and seen

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I agree, but think of it:

Tour Des Canadiens, L'Avenue, Roccabella an Incone are 8 condo towers being built within walking distance of Le Centre Bell, Montreal will soon be like/look like Toronto and people buying now at $500 a SF will eventually sell for at least $600 + a SF, Toronto and Vancouver are now over $700 a SF.

As for not doing this earlier, I don't think George Gillete wanted to do it, I think Geoff Molson made the call on this one.
Except that the Montreal real-estate market is grossly inflated as is and the bubble is on the verge of bursting.

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkersMark View Post
Except that the Montreal real-estate market is grossly inflated as is and the bubble is on the verge of bursting.
it's still not as bad as the ROC. IMO the Montreal rates were only catching up the rest of the nation.

I don't think ( I have nothing to base this on other than my own observation) there as many foreign investors inflating the demand.

the biggest danger right now , is the over confidence of buyers who assume interest rates will stay low. the day they go up , many will be ducked in the A$$.

Canadians have never been in so much debt. The Wealthy Barber should be obligatory for any high school students. That book really changed my view on personal finance.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Dropped by, this Thursday, at the Tour des Canadiens to see what as being offered.

The whole visit was quite an eye-opener, the condo units are priced at 550$ a square foot and higher! The $250K is for a unit less than 500 sq ft... basically a hotel room sized studio!

The 2 bedroom unit I was looking at was 903 sq feet, which was priced at 527K plus 60K for parking spot plus taxes for a total of $675K!!

These prices are on the high end of the Montreal condo market, the Tour des Canadiens is just a marketing ploy to sell overpriced units using the Montreal Canadiens brand. And... it is working, as of Thursday last week, of the odd 450 units available I would say that 90% already have deposits.

I guess Geoff needs to monetize that Canadiens brand and bring in some hard dollars for the investors... i'm sure he is not losing any sleep over the revenue-less lockout!!!
Pretty much this was what I thought when I heard about this. Selling overpriced condo's in an extremely busy area using the Canadiens brand and logo to do it. As much as I love everything Habs I wouldn't want to live there.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
it's still not as bad as the ROC. IMO the Montreal rates were only catching up the rest of the nation.

I don't think ( I have nothing to base this on other than my own observation) there as many foreign investors inflating the demand.

the biggest danger right now , is the over confidence of buyers who assume interest rates will stay low. the day they go up , many will be ducked in the A$$.

Canadians have never been in so much debt. The Wealthy Barber should be obligatory for any high school students. That book really changed my view on personal finance.
We catch up to the ROC with our tax system alone. Taking that into consideration we're surpassing the rest of the nation.

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Huge94

Talk about paying for the brand name.

Huge94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 01:34 AM
DumFries

Montreal's skyline has changed in 20 years. At least the condos projects announced or in construction since last year will change the skyline and add some needed density.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote