HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary = Duchene / O'reilly

Old
12-17-2012, 12:21 PM
PAZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Giordano had 1 less point than Duchene in 3 more games as a defenceman. I figure we should put Giordano down the middle.
Well in that case you should trade Bouwmeester for Kaberle ASAP before the other GM has time to say no! Kaberle had 2 more points and a better +/-, zomg he's soooo much better!!!@!!

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Well in that case you should trade Bouwmeester for Kaberle ASAP before the other GM has time to say no! Kaberle had 2 more points and a better +/-, zomg he's soooo much better!!!@!!
Why do that when we can get offensive dynamo Matt Duchene?! lolollolol

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Why do that when we can get offensive dynamo Matt Duchene?! lolollolol
Because you can't have Duchene. The Flames literally have nothing that is worth Duchene.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
This. What a can't miss opportunity!! We can trade our 21 year old top 6 center, with a ton of potential, coming off his worst season so far due to injuries, who almost put up 67 points in his second year, for a defensman and can put up as many points as he did in his worst year!! We can also add!! Why hasn't this happened yet???

Oh, I know. Because our GM isn't an idiot.
And Giordano is not on the block.

My point that was in a trade involving Giordano and either of Duchene or O'Reily, Calgary would not be adding significant pices like Baertschi or a 1st rounder. If anything, the Avs would be adding an asset like a 2nd rounder. If either of Duchene or O'Reily can show that extra level of consistency, things might reverse. Until then, Giordano has the higher trade value.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Because you can't have Duchene. The Flames literally have nothing that is worth Duchene.
You're right. Most of our players are better.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Avs44

Quote:
ok buddy. If you honestly think guys like Duchene/Landeskog/ROR/Johnson are not as valuable as guys like Iggy/JBO/Kipper/Giordano, then I would not trade guys like Duchene or Landeskog straight up for any Flames player.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize English was your second language. Although it does not literally mean as much, saying "not worth" something tends to indicate that it is of lesser value. As in, no Calgary assets are worthy of Duchene.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
It's true, I can't really put it into words, so:

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
And Giordano is not on the block.

My point that was in a trade involving Giordano and either of Duchene or O'Reily, Calgary would not be adding significant pices like Baertschi or a 1st rounder. If anything, the Avs would be adding an asset like a 2nd rounder. If either of Duchene or O'Reily can show that extra level of consistency, things might reverse. Until then, Giordano has the higher trade value.
Thats fine. If you feel that way, I respect that. But know that the Avs would not trade Duchene for Giordano unless the Flames are adding a significant piece, and would certainly not do it straight up.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 919
Quote:
Thats fine. If you feel that way, I respect that. But know that the Avs would not trade Duchene for Giordano unless the Flames are adding a significant piece, and would certainly not do it straight up.
This thread is not going down well.... and I find myself agreeing with the Avs fans.

_______

Duchene and O'Rielly are both young, gifted C's. One has #1C written all over him, the other looks like an amazing number 2.

If you want to acquire quality, you need to give quality. Someone wouldn't trade 1lb of gold for 1lb of silver.

IF... the Flames and Avs were making a trade involving Duchene, and Baertschi was off the table, the Flames would have to put Giordano on the table, and add.

_______

Giordano + Backlund + 1st 2013 unprotected. (3balls).

Now obviously this is a lot, and I wouldn't do it as a Flames fan... but this is what the Aves would require, and rightfully so.

Last edited by Money Baer: 12-17-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

This is a very civil thread...

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
avsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
This thread is not going down well.... and I find myself agreeing with the Ave fans.

_______

Duchene and O'Rielly are both young, gifted C's. One has #1C written all over him, the other looks like an amazing number 2.

If you want to acquire quality, you need to give quality. Someone wouldn't trade 1lb of gold for 1lb of silver.

IF... the flames and aves were making a trade involving Duchene, and Baertschi was off the table, the Flames would have to put Giordano on the table, and add.

_______

Giordano + Backlund + 1st 2013 unprotected. (3balls).

Now obviously this is a lot, and I wouldn't do it as a Flames fan... but this is what the Aves would require, and rightfully so.
Cough AVS cough... But other then that you sir, are in fact correct.

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
What would it take Calgary get either Duchene or O'Reilly from Colorado. At this point the only player I would take off the table would be Baertschi.

I was thinking for Duchene somewhere along the lines of Bowmeester and 2013 2nd. Gives E Johnson someone to play with as he could stay his DFD style and allow Bowmeester to have the freedom he had in Florida. However I dont know how attached Colorado fans are to them. If this was already discussed I apologize.

MOD EDIT: Changed to 'Value Of'
What the hell?

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:09 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
There's literally nothing Calgary could offer to get ROR or Duchene.
5 firsts, Iginla, Baertschi, Kipper, and Giordano wouldn't do it for you? I find your literal statements to be those indicative of poor value judgment.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Cough AVS cough... But other then that you sir, are in fact correct.
fixed.

I think the silver and gold analogy sums up this thread... Hopefully it's closed soon.

Last edited by spiny norman: 12-17-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: no edit, poster is referring to his own post
Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Wal Nichushkin
Lurker

vCash: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
As has been mentioned countless times, the timing is awful for the Avs to trade any of their centers unless it's an absolute SLAM-DUNK of a deal.

- Stastny's value is at it's lowest
- RoR had only 1 very good offensive season
- Duchene needs to bounce back

None of these players are going anywhere until summer 2013 at the earliest, unless the aforementioned Slam-Dunk deal occurs.

Since everyone ignored this, I'm going to bump this. This is the answer.

Wal Nichushkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 0
To Avs:
Derek Morris, Dean McAmmond and Jeff Shantz.

To Flames:
Chris Drury and Stephane Yelle.

It helps both teams. Calgary get stronger down the middle and I think Shantz might be a late bloomer that could have a couple of 50-60 point seasons in him.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
To Avs:

To Flames:

It helps both teams. Calgary get stronger down the middle and I think Shantz might be a late bloomer that could have a couple of 50-60 point seasons in him.

Hilarious.

Anyways I would hate to see any of our centers on Calgary.
Beyond that, OP, no way you can ask for Duchene if Baertschi is off the table.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:23 AM
letowskie

Seriously, what are some of the Calgary fans proposing amounts to almost zero value in terms of trade. JBo has negative value at the moment, given how much he is being overpaid given what he is still capable of doing, after the long term decline in his career. The other pieces like Stajan are nice, but do not come close to any of Col center's value. The proposal with Bartschi and Giordano comes the closest, and likely enough if one of them asked for a trade or something. But it is still not overwhelming enough to make them move one of their young centers, since none of them have a reason to be on the block right now.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Seriously, what are some of the Calgary fans proposing amounts to almost zero value in terms of trade. JBo has negative value at the moment, given how much he is being overpaid given what he is still capable of doing, after the long term decline in his career. The other pieces like Stajan are nice, but do not come close to any of Col center's value. The proposal
with Bartschi and Giordano comes the closest, and likely enough if one of them asked for a trade or something. But it is still not
overwhelming enough to make them move one of their young centers, since none of them have a reason to be on the block right now.
I'm confused... You say JBO has negative value, then call Stajan a nice piece? What? Sure you didn't get those mixed up? JBO certainly does not have negative value, and there is nothing nice about Stajan.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:39 AM
letowskie

Quote:
I'm confused... You say JBO has negative value, then call Stajan a nice piece? What? Sure you didn't get those mixed up? JBO certainly does not have negative value, and there is nothing nice about Stajan.
Stajan is a serviceable high-end 3rd line player that is signed to a decent contract, a good role player that could put up decent numbers, be a supplemental scorer, with solid two-way play.

Bowemeester is a player paid like a #1 D, and at this stage in his career, is only capable of putting up minutes as a #4 D man on a contender. There is really nothing salvageable, his career seems to continue on a downward trajectory over time. I'm not sure why anyone still considers him a possible centerpiece for a high-end player like Duchene. His career of vaguely reminiscent of Ozolinsh, Rathje, Ric Jackman, Mara, Stuart, etc, taking a nose dive just when they should be reaching their prime.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Ceremony
Unravelled

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
To Avs:

To Flames:

Sorry, Vietnam flashback

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Stajan is a serviceable high-end 3rd line player that is signed to a decent contract, a good role player that could put up decent numbers, be a supplemental scorer, with solid two-way play.

Bowemeester is a player paid like a #1 D, and at this stage in his career, is only capable of putting up minutes as a #4 D man on a contender. There is really nothing salvageable, his career seems to continue on a downward trajectory over time. I'm not sure why anyone still considers him a possible centerpiece for a high-end player like Duchene. His career of vaguely reminiscent of Ozolinsh, Rathje, Ric Jackman, Mara, Stuart, etc, taking a nose dive just when they should be reaching their prime.
ok sure

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:25 AM
blankall

Quote:

This stage in his career? JBo's not even 30 yet. He needs to up his offensive numbers, but in terms of logging minutes, he's a top 10 d-man in the league. On any team in the league he is playing 22-26 minutes a night.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Avs44

Quote:

Yeah, I stopped believing you as soon as you called Stajan a high end 3rd line center on a decent contract. And JBO a #4 on a contender?