HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

(Xbox 360) The HF Hyper League *WSH, FLA, CAR Available*

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
ThePsychicSaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
I would vouch for psychicsaw, I know he has been active lately...weird that he didn't notice the activity check though. If I had noticed I would have poked you while we were chatting yesterday :/
thanks babe.

find it kind of odd I'm not getting any le way here lol, this isnt like a week later (which i still think should be understood if the team were still open) its one day later.

well, just in case I sent another request in for washington

Old
12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
ThePsychicSaw

nevermind been filled already. haha unreal

Old
12-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Cosmonaut

Haha really? I saw that Washington was claimed and I thought he already accepted you back. I didn't realize that was somebody else. That sucks. I'll vouch for psychic, too. He's a good player and active.

On a separate note, I'll probably be looking to move H. Sedin over the off season or draft. Anybody interested?

Old
12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 155
Come play off time, if everyones healthy..

Briere-Lecavalier-St.Louis
Michalek-Couture-Tyrell
Malone-Pyatt-Foligno (Hoping for some bruises)
Rolston-Langkow-Cheechoo.
Janssen.

Carle-Hedman
Johnson-Bergeron
Brewer-Barker
Aulie

Lindback
Garon (One game, six goals, 16 shots)

Old
12-13-2012, 08:39 PM
dbzfanl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
Haha really? I saw that Washington was claimed and I thought he already accepted you back. I didn't realize that was somebody else. That sucks. I'll vouch for psychic, too. He's a good player and active.

On a separate note, I'll probably be looking to move H. Sedin over the off season or draft. Anybody interested?
The Bills- err, I mean, the Sabres may be interested.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:24 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:

kisses babe, appreciate it. seriously loved that roster, jacky hooked me up beautifully and poof ha

Old
12-13-2012, 09:49 PM
camwise

Quote:

The Jets are..

Old
12-14-2012, 10:26 AM
CanuckCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
nevermind been filled already. haha unreal
i want you back. tried all night to get the new washington to play me. told him i would be gone till sunday but he just kept playing MOH Warfighter (of all games). You played a dec amount of COD but you still got your games in

Old
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
i want you back. tried all night to get the new washington to play me. told him i would be gone till sunday but he just kept playing MOH Warfighter (of all games). You played a dec amount of COD but you still got your games in
Lol i appreciate it, but I only play nhl and don't own cod lol

Old
12-14-2012, 02:44 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
Lol i appreciate it, but I only play nhl and don't own cod lol
I stand corrected,more evidence to your name. I like the idea of booting after an activity check but if the guy comes on the same day and with a misunderstanding like yours I think he should be given another chance at the very Least

Old
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
I stand corrected,more evidence to your name. I like the idea of booting after an activity check but if the guy comes on the same day and with a misunderstanding like yours I think he should be given another chance at the very Least
thanks man

Old
12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
LL Blaklash

Rangers still need to play Philly and San Jose.

Also San Jose, your roster is having an issue (you need to make a roster move it seems), so I can't play your AI. Sort it out please.

Has anyone heard anything from Philly?

Last edited by LL Blaklash: 12-14-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
12-14-2012, 10:31 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim is in progress.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:52 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim in about 4 and a half hours.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
cleaner claude

Quote:
I agree. I don't think those 2 guys shouldn't have been allowed back in.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaner claude View Post
I agree. I don't think those 2 guys shouldn't have been allowed back in.
Who was allowed back in? Nobody that left the league has come back yet (although there were some great former members I'd like to see return.)

In some cases, I will grant leeway on activity checks and send people warning messages, but these are rare, and pretty much exclusive to guys that have been here a good length of time, have had a clean record in terms of complaints, and have been regularly active. The kind of people where you're almost certain they haven't been on because of some real life crisis.

The way I look at it, PsychicSaw had been here a total of 13 days, through 2 activity checks. The first, he didn't send any messages, and I took him off because he played me, but this was already a day into the check without him posting anything. The second, I got no sign at all that he was here. Technically speaking, he did not respond to 2 activity checks (although he got cleared in one. Whether or not he'd have posted or sent a message is pure speculation.)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I do a halfway decent job of ensuring that everyone knows when an activity check is in progress. I post at least once at the start of each day how many days are left in the check, and usually you get 3 days, and always AT LEAST 2. Add to that, the fact that the thread is generally flooded with posts of "X team is checking in", the fact that I post both ingame and in the thread, and there shouldn't be any excuse for missing an activity check beyond personal issues so long as you spend 2 minutes to check the thread each day and/or go into the league at least once per day (which you should be doing anyway to try to play your games.) The way I see it, this lends credence to the idea that he was not paying attention to the league at all.

On top of this, there is the fact that 2 or 3 people already complained to me about him not responding to messages for hours, or in one case, not at all, 2 people who told me that his play is borderline cheesy and to keep an eye on him in case he strays too far on the wrong side, and one person who said that he most certainly was cheesy. Even though I didn't get any confirming replays, and I played him once myself, this still did not help his case.

In the future, maybe exceptions will be made for certain people who miss activity checks, if things come together right. But I don't want to cater to people who ignore the league for a week, get booted, say "Oh I'm so sorry, I must have missed it", then come back in and ignore the league again. All this does is prevent people from playing their games at least vs the CPU, and tie up more teams that non-league members may be interested in.The way everything came together, I found myself unable to find a reason to give PsychicSaw a second chance at this time.

I would again like to stress the fact that I'm trying to be as fair as possible, and this was not an impulsive decision. I weighed the options and considered the viewpoints. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors in other leagues and hold no ill-will. The matter is closed.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Also, I know that a lot of people are going out to see families for the holiday season. Christmas day will, of course, not count towards the sim but I'd like to know how many people are flying out of town or hosting family and such for an extended period of time, so that I know how long to delay simming for the holidays.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Cosmonaut

He used a double negative. I think he means that he thinks they should have been allowed back in.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:33 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim in just a few minutes.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:29 PM
wlawrence67

Send a message via AIM to wlawrence67 Send a message via MSN to wlawrence67 Send a message via Yahoo to wlawrence67
i will be around most of the holiday. My mom arrives tomorrow so gameing will be minimal but will try to get on for a bit. Just so people know this is the first Christmas time since my Dad passed in April so family time will be top of my list. I will be back at ful tilt the 1st of January.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:08 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim in 17 hours, and then the playoffs begin.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:30 AM
cleaner claude

Quote:
He used a double negative. I think he means that he thinks they should have been allowed back in.
Sorry for any confusion. & my comment was based on them saying they had played some games and felt they were around and active. I see your point zetterberg as there are underlying issues that go along with missing the checks I guess. & if course I think you do a fine job of keeping up on this league. I've mentioned before its the most well run one I'm in.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:06 AM
sTaMk0S

Hey I'll take wsh my gt is D3CIM8T0R

Old
12-18-2012, 11:15 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTaMk0S View Post
Hey I'll take wsh my gt is D3CIM8T0R
Send an ingame join request and I'll approve you.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

I'm going through the playoffs without my best forward (Tavares) or my best defenseman (Shattenkirk)

I feel like typing out so many swear words right now.

Closed Thread