HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2012, 11:56 AM
  #26
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
"High Level", Sutter is not.
I think "elite checking line centre" is just a fancy way of saying "#1 centre who can also check." Because Sutter is definitely one of the better checking line centres in the league.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:02 PM
  #27
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,580
vCash: 500
Nah, they're two separate deals. It's either a fairly young #1 pivot (deal one) a Selke caliber checking forward and top four defensive defenseman (deal two).

Sutter + Orpik is in line with the latter while being a little on the low side, largely because of Sutter's relative lack of offensive upside and Orpik coming off a pretty serious down year.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  #28
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I think "elite checking line centre" is just a fancy way of saying "#1 centre who can also check." Because Sutter is definitely one of the better checking line centres in the league.
Yeah I caught that after and didn't want to edit it haha. Sutter works in the deal, it's just Buffalo is going down the youthful path and probably wouldn't prefer to have Orpik. Not saying he is "old-old", but he is definitely on the wrong side of 30.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
  #29
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Carey Price for Tyler Myers?

I offer you the most valuable Montreal asset, and arguably the most valuable goalie in the league.
Henrik Lundqvist and Pekka Rinne say hi.


Last edited by spiny norman: 12-18-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: not needed
TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
  #30
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Nah, they're two separate deals. It's either a fairly young #1 pivot (deal one) a Selke caliber checking forward and top four defensive defenseman (deal two).

Sutter + Orpik is in line with the latter while being a little on the low side, largely because of Sutter's relative lack of offensive upside and Orpik coming off a pretty serious down year.
Yeah I gotcha. Hmm. How about Duchene/Statsny/O'Rielly from Colorado? Myers would slot in great next to Johnson and Buffalo would have a ridiculous young centre core with Grigo and Girgo in the system.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
  #31
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Yeah I gotcha. Hmm. How about Duchene/Statsny/O'Rielly from Colorado? Myers would slot in great next to Johnson and Buffalo would have a ridiculous young centre core with Grigo and Girgo in the system.
Stastny is not enough given his recent production/contract/etc. Duchene or ROR...I just don't see the point. We'd have 5-6 young potential top 6 centers and absolutely nothing that looks even close to a 1D. I don't see how either of them guarantee enough of an upgrade over what we could get from Grigorenko, Hodgson, Ennis, or Girgensons to justify moving Myers.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:37 PM
  #32
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Stastny is not enough given his recent production/contract/etc. Duchene or ROR...I just don't see the point. We'd have 5-6 young potential top 6 centers and absolutely nothing that looks even close to a 1D. I don't see how either of them guarantee enough of an upgrade over what we could get from Grigorenko, Hodgson, Ennis, or Girgensons to justify moving Myers.
Hey man I'm not the one that listed "young-ish #1 centre" as a need

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:05 PM
  #33
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom
Carey Price for Tyler Myers?

I offer you the most valuable Montreal asset, and arguably the most valuable goalie in the league.

Henrik Lundqvist and Pekka Rinne say hi.


mr johnathon quick waves jumps up and down saying ur forgetting the winner of this convo without me my stanley cup winning team doesnt even make the playoffs let alone win them


Last edited by spiny norman: 12-18-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: qmep
KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
  #34
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
besides the leafs. I am almost as disappointed in missing Buffalo getting a chance to make the bruins pee blood.
Chara
Lucic
Thornton
Horton
McQuaid
Ference

They're always willing to oblige

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  #35
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,867
vCash: 500
Tyer Myers is a rock on Buffalo's blueline, no chance they trade the kid. Remember how long it took Zdeno Chara to find his game. Myers is skilled, and has a long reach. Extremely valuable.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  #36
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Still wondering sabre fans what you would think of brown for myers ? not saying i would but wondering what your fans thought of value

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
  #37
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
MTL:
Myers
Crawford
Beach

BUF:
Kane
Price

CHI:
Miller
Moen
1st(buf)
Pass from Buffalo

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  #38
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Theres no really bad need on buffalo's end to consider making this move...I see alot of talk from Montreal fans and for me personally to even get a hypothetical deal going Gally and Emelin have to be in play...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
  #39
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
you and your hate for established goalies..
I dont know, everyone is telling me how valuable Price is, but when i offer him for a Tyler Myers, i get no interest from Buffalo.

Should not they jump on this opportunity to acquire a generational goalie?

I know they have Miller, but he will be UFA summer 2014 and he wasn't close to his Vezina performance in the past 2 years.
They can trade Miller to one of the many teams who are desperate for a starter.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
  #40
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I dont know, everyone is telling me how valuable Price is, but when i offer him for a Tyler Myers, i get no interest from Buffalo.

Should not they jump on this opportunity to acquire a generational goalie?

I know they have Miller, but he will be UFA summer 2014 and he wasn't close to his Vezina performance in the past 2 years.
They can trade Miller to one of the many teams who are desperate for a starter.
Miller is a home grown player which renders him some more value regardless of production. Also i dont think it'd be too difficult for buffalo to resign Miller so long as he doesnt wanna bolt for a California team. For the last half of the year Miller DID play like a Vezina caliber goalie. In fact if it werent for his concussion we could be talking about a completely different season here.

The upgrade from Miller to Price is marginal and not worth the loss of Myers. If Montreal is giving up franchise cornerstones again either Gally or MaxPax would be more enticing to buffalo than price(and I dont mean that as a knock on price at all because any team would be lucky to have him)

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:08 PM
  #41
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Chara
Lucic
Thornton
Horton
McQuaid
Ference

They're always willing to oblige
I was just anticipating a really good first game. Buffalo atleast has a few new faces that are willing to go toe to toe; not to mention one of them has really bad blood with the B's already.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:12 PM
  #42
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Pass from Buffalo
IMO Buffalo gets the two best players.

I like Miller a lot but Price is better now and in the future.

However, i understand the dislike.

Buffalo has the offense, and losing Myers and 1st hurts - along with a sideways step for Price.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
  #43
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Carey Price for Tyler Myers?

I offer you the most valuable Montreal asset, and arguably the most valuable goalie in the league.

wow, your hate for Price is amazing and you look like a retard with your proposal. And Subban > Myers

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:21 PM
  #44
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,392
vCash: 500
I would do Marc Staal + picks but I don't think Buffalo does that.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:37 PM
  #45
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Subban has an edge to his game that Myers doesn't. Consequently, it's not a wash. The biggest concern in Buffalo is a lack of team toughness. Would Subban allow his goalie to be ran over without some response? He would have dealt with that incident in a way that most likely garnered a suspension. Tyler Seguin, or one of the other skilled Bruins would have payed a high price for Lucic's action. The message would have been sent: "Don't do that, or serious consequences will result."
oh god.... are we talking about the same guy who couldn't beat Brad ********* Marchand ?

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
  #46
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
oh god.... are we talking about the same guy who couldn't beat Brad ********* Marchand ?
lol good one, subban isn't a fighter... I don't understand why that guy wrote this.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
  #47
lifeisruff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: wny
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Still wondering sabre fans what you would think of brown for myers ? not saying i would but wondering what your fans thought of value
Decent start, LA would have to add though.

I would consider Myers for Marc Staal and picks if one of those picks was a first.

and I would take the three way trade with Kane and Price and run like hell

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
  #48
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Decent start, LA would have to add though.

I would consider Myers for Marc Staal and picks if one of those picks was a first.

and I would take the three way trade with Kane and Price and run like hell
I think I prefer Myers over Staal

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
  #49
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,578
vCash: 50
I love these threads.

OP: "How much is a player we'll never trade worth?"


*any answer*


OP: "NO!"

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
  #50
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,816
vCash: 118
Travis Zajac+

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.