HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

This is the end, beautiful friend.

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
6 more days, including today. Loooooots of stuff to get done.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Penalty Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
6 more days, including today. Loooooots of stuff to get done.
I just picked up the very last present today during lunch, which just happens to be for Clock.

Woo hoo!

Old
12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

In 3 days WE ALL GONNA DIE

Old
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Life is pretty good.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
I just picked up the very last present today during lunch, which just happens to be for Clock.

Woo hoo!
I'm presuming he's referring to time left at his current job. Only because there are 7 days before Christmas including today.

As far as shopping goes... I have a couple small things to pick up for my son and a couple of friends left to get things for... nothing that'll be hard to get. All the big stuff is done.

EDIT: The Mrs started her Christmas present yesterday. She's been wanting to take Tae Kwon Do where my son takes it and her first class was yesterday. I would have waited and had her start after Christmas but the school is on holiday break after Saturday until the 2nd and December is "family" month there where if a 2nd family member joins you get an extra uniform free, free safety gear and they waved the registration fee... you just have to start in December so she got to find out her present early and get started.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:19 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

When it rains...

Been getting bombarded with requests from recruiters in the last two weeks, and that's without really pushing my resume out, or otherwise advertising that I'm shopping. Turned down a few less than ideal possibilities because it was work I didn't want to do, which really is a good position to be in.

Sucks that morale around here is in the dump. There really isn't a department that people aren't openly questioning how long we have left.

I hate the idea of leaving after 8 years here, but it appears that it's that time.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

For any Excel junkies: what's the easiest way to count the number of same entries in a column? For example, if I have spreadsheet with contact information that has columns like Name, City, State, etc. and I want to know how many people are in each city, what's the easiest way to get that? I'd basically just need it to come back with a number for how many times it finds each city in the column.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
In 3 days WE ALL GONNA DIE

Old
12-18-2012, 12:48 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

Life is pretty good.
But, that's not....forget it.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
For any Excel junkies: what's the easiest way to count the number of same entries in a column? For example, if I have spreadsheet with contact information that has columns like Name, City, State, etc. and I want to know how many people are in each city, what's the easiest way to get that? I'd basically just need it to come back with a number for how many times it finds each city in the column.
You could do a pivot table with the counts in it...

Old
12-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

Old
12-18-2012, 01:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Pivot Tables is one approach.

For a simple function use countif(range:range, condition). In your case condition would be whatever the name of the city is (e.g. "Seattle" [with quotation marks])...but pivot table is better because for countif you have to do it separately for each city, and if there's a new city added then you have to add a new cell and formula for it (changing the condition to the new city). Pivot tables are easier to work with.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
A pivot table like JB suggested would work; and if you're looking for a formula for a cell count, it would be something like IIRC:
Quote:
=COUNTIF(A2:A100,"Buffalo")
...where A represents column and # equals row; obviously, edit location and cells to your document.

EDIT: crap, LDS beat me to it.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

It's for one of the guys at work, so I'd rather not get him into pivot tables, it'll confuse him. COUNTIF works, I'd just need to get him to list all the cities there are in the column and he could drag it down and get the number for each with it. Is there an easy way grab all the cities in the original column and list them only once in a new column? That way he would have a column with each city in the list represented only once and he could pull the COUNTIF right down the line for all of them.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Ok party people ...

I am helping my mother in law sell her PC. But before I do I want to scrub the Hard drive clean. I don't want to reformat the PC, I want to scrub it.

Anyone have experience with scrubbing Hard Drives? What program do you recommend?

Examples I have read about so far ...

Secure erase
Cybercide
Wipedrive
Dataeraser

Thanks guys
This shows a DBAN example when booting from a UBCD; and it walks you through how to change the wipe method and the number of rounds:

Old
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

The people responsible for the latest Youtube "update" are doing an AmA on ******......that was a mistake. It's quite funny to watch them get torn a new one.

Most of the responses involve "features like this will be coming soon".

What a disaster.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
The people responsible for the latest Youtube "update" are doing an AmA on ******......that was a mistake. It's quite funny to watch them get torn a new one.

Most of the responses involve "features like this will be coming soon".

What a disaster.
Probably because the new format is awful. I don't think I've talked to one person who likes it.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Probably because the new format is awful. I don't think I've talked to one person who likes it.
It is genuinely terrible. Not only does it make you do more work to find the things you need, it's got a weird alignment to the left which looks really strange on wider monitors.

Everything now takes multiple clicks, the main page seems empty and useless, you have to click through three menus just to see your subscribed videos.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:53 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Myllz, HockeyH3aven, Woodhouse ... Thank you for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Back from a day and a half in Toronto. Good to get away for a short break, but happy as can be to see the kiddies again.

12-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Old Navy Goat

I just had an annoying woman ruin my evening. Was supposed to meet a friend at a nearby restaurant; being a very nice day I took the AC Cobra out for a spin. Parked near the restaurant's outdoor patio area and got hit with catcalls from some women. Went and got a table inside by myself as I was a little early; while waiting, the waitress came over and said that a woman wanted to buy my a drink. Told the waitress that I don't drink but to show appreciation for the gesture to get her a couple drinks on me. A few minutes later the waitress comes back with a piece of paper with the woman's phone number on it. Told the waitress that I wasn't interested and that I was just there waiting on my friend.

Shortly after that, this woman comes up, slams her drink down on my table and tells me to go 'screw' myself. She then goes into this tirade over how I must think I'm too good for her. Told her that I hadn't even seen her or noticed who sent their number over and that I was just here to meet a friend. Told her that my answer would have been the same even if she was a super model as I'm not interested in meeting anyone tonight. The damn woman then threw her drink on me. Needless to say, called my friend told him what happened and cancelled the dinner meet; now I'm waiting on Chinese delivery.

The woman wasn't bad looking, not my type, but damn she was pretty drunk at 5pm.

"I believe that both the universe and the idiocy of mankind are infinite, though I harbor some doubts about the former" Albert Einstein (an approximation of his quote)

Old
12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
oldgoalie
thanks Millsie

Christmas vacation has begun. Off til 12/30, work 12/31, off 1/1. Looking forward to the break.
I have some serious reading and carving to catch up on.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
Christmas vacation has begun. Off til 12/30, work 12/31, off 1/1. Looking forward to the break.
I have some serious reading and carving to catch up on.
I have until Friday to go, then I'm off until the 2nd.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:44 PM
aceface33

Gotta go to turn in my final grades tomorrow morning, then I'm off until Jan. 14th.

Although I am teaching some winter mini classes for extra cash so that plus the impending arrival of baby means it's not a 100% vacation.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Looks like the apartment next to the rink is mine and I'll be moving in before 2013.

I'm not a kid anymore but I am psyched to be living next door to the rink.

Now I either need to become a ref or get a side gig at the rink's bar.

Closed Thread