HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CHI 2013 1st + Saad + McNeil + Tuevo

Old
12-17-2012, 11:44 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Specifically says that New Jersey, Phoenix, Colorado NEED FORWARD PROSPECTS, does not say rebuild. What did you guys read before you posted. "Rebuild...blah blah blah...Phoenix, Jersey, Colorado...WHAT!!!? They don't need a rebuild!"

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Specifically says that New Jersey, Phoenix, Colorado NEED FORWARD PROSPECTS, does not say rebuild. What did you guys read before you posted. "Rebuild...blah blah blah...Phoenix, Jersey, Colorado...WHAT!!!? They don't need a rebuild!"
The way you said

"teams that need a rebuild..." then listed a bunch of teams, made it look as if you said Avs needed a rebuild. You worded it kind of poorly.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
The way you said

"teams that need a rebuild..." then listed a bunch of teams, made it look as if you said Avs needed a rebuild. You worded it kind of poorly.
And regardless of him meaning rebuild or now, why would we need forward prospects?

We have a tonne of young NHL talent in Duchene/Oreilly/Landeskog/McGinn/Downie, thats a lot better then prospects and picks. Plus even still we have Sgarbossa who at this point looks like a pretty good bet to be a Top 6 player in the NHL, and his ceiling is pretty unknown at this point. We have Hishon who, if he can ever recover from his concussion/whiplash and be healthy again would be a Top 6 player, and we have Mark Olver who looks to be a 3rd line pest player.

Between all the young NHL talent we have and those 3 prospects, we have no need for more offense at this point. We just need to let our young core grow together and build chemistry.

As for that package, if it were a Top 5 or Top 10 pick, thats truly an exceptional package for a team thats 100% rebuilding, the problem is outside of CBJ I dont think there is another team thats going full on rebuild, and I dont think CBJ has anything that would be of interest for that package.

If Anaheim decides to try get younger, I could see that package getting at least one of Getzlaf/Perry, probably 2 of them if the pick were Top 3.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
TylerSVT*

Iggy + 1st round pick?

probably not enough but a guy can dream.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Hawkaholic

I have zero interest in giving up a package like this unless it lands us an elite 2nd line C + or an elite goalie+.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I have zero interest in giving up a package like this unless it lands us an elite 2nd line C + or an elite goalie+.
Well, like I've said I'd offer Pavelski or Couture +. Almost rather it'd be Couture so we can trade Pavelski/Thornton/Boyle at the deadline and settle in for a tank for McDavid.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
AmeriHab

Plekanec + Yannick Weber

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Plekanec, Vail and Nashville's 2nd.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, like I've said I'd offer Pavelski or Couture +. Almost rather it'd be Couture so we can trade Pavelski/Thornton/Boyle at the deadline and settle in for a tank for McDavid.
I would definitely do it for Couture +. I don't see any of those prospects becoming as good as Logan is. Maybe the 2013 1st, but I doubt it.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Plekanec + Yannick Weber
Ya, sure. Just take out the 1st, and Saad.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
AmeriHab

So you think TT and McNeil are worth Plekanec and weber?
TT saad and the first are worth Plekanec, adding weber was to even up McNeil in the trade

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
TT saad and the first are worth Plekanec, adding weber was to even up McNeil in the trade
TT and McNeill are worth Plekanec.

Weber is useless in Chicago, so I wouldn't add anything to get him.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

Quote:
So you think Yannick Weber is worth McNeil?

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Sarava

Quote:
I would take it even farther and say it must be a darn good top liner. That package is ridiculous and would completely gut our system of talent. It would have to be a major game changer to consider it IMO.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Two, it would have to be two good players. For just one star, best I have seen in the thread is Spezza and even then, I feel we are giving too much. If Spezza was a few years younger, sure, but he isn't and has a lot of mileage on him. He's still a top player but we don't know for how long and are giving up everything we have.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Ya, sure. Just take out the 1st, and Saad.
Right, just take out the entire trade. Montreal wouldn't want McNeil and TT for Plekanec alone. You keep saying you want an elite 2nd line center, but are incapable of recognizing when one is offered to you.

I will state that Plekanec and Weber are not enough for the proposed package, and Couture + would be more enticing, so Chicago should pursue that angle if it is available. However, if San Jose would balk at that, a Saad, 2013 1st, McNeil, Teuvo offer could probably get Plekanec + Emelin.

Weber is not worth McNeil to the Hawks due to the fact that Weber is not the type of defenceman that the Hawks need. Whether or not Weber will be worth the same, more, or less, than McNeil is yet to be determined. Let's wait to see when McNeil makes it to the NHL and then compare them.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 04:04 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Not entirely. It has to do with how many 1st overall picks and playoff appearance over the past 4 or 3 years, respectively, your team has had. If none of the above, then you have 3 balls in a lottery. If 1 of the above, you have two. If 2 or more, you have one. This, at least, was the formula for the last post-lockout draft
thought it was 4 balls last time

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Hawks would never make a trade like this unless a star young caliber player was coming back in deal

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Right, just take out the entire trade. Montreal wouldn't want McNeil and TT for Plekanec alone. You keep saying you want an elite 2nd line center, but are incapable of recognizing when one is offered to you.

I will state that Plekanec and Weber are not enough for the proposed package, and Couture + would be more enticing, so Chicago should pursue that angle if it is available. However, if San Jose would balk at that, a Saad, 2013 1st, McNeil, Teuvo offer could probably get Plekanec + Emelin.

Weber is not worth McNeil to the Hawks due to the fact that Weber is not the type of defenceman that the Hawks need. Whether or not Weber will be worth the same, more, or less, than McNeil is yet to be determined. Let's wait to see when McNeil makes it to the NHL and then compare them.
You're not getting more than McNeil and TT for Plekanec, get real. Even McNeil + TT is a stretch. Look at what Ribeiro and Roy were just traded for.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
TT and McNeill are worth Plekanec.

Weber is useless in Chicago, so I wouldn't add anything to get him.
I'm kind of meh about McNeil and I don't see him fitting in with the Habs. He would more or less be fighting with local boy Leblanc for the same roster spot and I have a pretty good idea how that's going to play out on RDS. It's hard enough to make it in Montreal without adding that kind of melodrama to mix.

Fournier would be someone I'd prefer instead of McNeil, tbh, along with TT.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post

Plekanec is not an elite 2nd line C, he is a good to great 2nd line C. An elite 2nd line C would be someone who is a shade below Toews, Plekanec is far more than a shade below Toews.

Couture, Koivu M, Getzlaf, players like that. I guess they could be argued as good 1st line C's, but they would be an elite 2nd line C in Chicago.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm kind of meh about McNeil and I don't see him fitting in with the Habs. He would more or less be fighting with local boy Leblanc for the same roster spot and I have a pretty good idea how that's going to play out on RDS. It's hard enough to make it in Montreal without adding that kind of melodrama to mix.

Fournier would be someone I'd prefer instead of McNeil, tbh, along with TT.
Ya, I'm kind of meh on trading McNeill and TT for Plek, so I guess that evens it out.

I would do TT and Fournier in a heart beat though.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

The Hawks aren't going to trade for any veteran on a big contract unless they send a big contract back. They're positioned OK under a new, lower cap to re-sign their stars in the next few years, but can't take on more real net-hits. The hawks aren't going to deplete their (albiet deep) system of their few blue-chips for a cap hit they can't afford. They might do it for a top pick or stud prospect or young NHL stud, but they can't even think about for a veteran on a old-cap UFA deal. Prospects are gold more than ever.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:35 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Ya, I'm kind of meh on trading McNeill and TT for Plek, so I guess that evens it out.

I would do TT and Fournier in a heart beat though.
I'm sure the Hawks would not trade TT - or even McNeil - for Pleks, as they don't have the cap space and would have to turn around and trade a star to make room. Can't trade Sharp NMC, Hossa is damaged goods and best kept here, can't lose Seabrook, JT is out of the question. So that leaves Kane and Keith. If anyone can work out the deals where the Hawks give essentially four 1st round picks (Saad de facto now) and Kane or Keith, for Pleks (or something like him) and ?????, and the hawks come on top, go at it. But it's just not reasonable to expect that type of deal(s)

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
I'm sure the Hawks would not trade TT - or even McNeil - for Pleks, as they don't have the cap space and would have to turn around and trade a star to make room. Can't trade Sharp NMC, Hossa is damaged goods and best kept here, can't lose Seabrook, JT is out of the question. So that leaves Kane and Keith. If anyone can work out the deals where the Hawks give essentially four 1st round picks (Saad de facto now) and Kane or Keith, for Pleks (or something like him) and ?????, and the hawks come on top, go at it. But it's just not reasonable to expect that type of deal(s)
I think it would be about moving Frolik in the now and a d-man like Hjalmarrson, Montador or Oduya over time to make room. If Chicago wants to make a serious run at a Cup these are the kind of deals that need to be done, imo. It increases your odds so much by improving your depth by adding someone like Pleks. It's all about how bad you want it.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote