HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
  #26
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Toronto needs centres badly and Colorado needs defence badly. Both franchises on here are too busy spewing **** back and forth to realistically look at a decent proposal that addresses both sides needs. Slow Leafs fans make bad proposals and Colorado fans make just as bad counter-proposals. I love how every thread is the same thing as a fan of both teams lol.

Mowerman is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
  #27
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Toronto needs centres badly and Colorado needs defence badly. Both franchises on here are too busy spewing **** back and forth to realistically look at a decent proposal that addresses both sides needs. Slow Leafs fans make bad proposals and Colorado fans make just as bad counter-proposals. I love how every thread is the same thing as a fan of both teams lol.
I disagree with the second part of your sentence. Colorado does not need defence. We need a young LHD. We have tons of top 4 defenders thank you very much. Why should we help Toronto with their centre problem? Surely we're not the only team with centres. A team doesn't need to have 3 top 6 centres in order for them to trade one. Just look at Dallas and Buffalo. I'm a little surprised Grigorenko or Forsberg wasn't taken by the Leafs to solve that no. 1 centre problem.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:34 PM
  #28
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
In what order do Avs fans rank their centers?
Dutch
Staz
ROR

Quote:
And D-men? EJ, and then what?
EJ
Wilson
AHL callups
O'Byrne
dreck

WarriorOfGandhi is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
  #29
Jackothy
Registered User
 
Jackothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
od.

Oh, good job OP for creating something original. No, seriously, what is your guys infatuation with our centers? Is this some sort of plot to make Avs fans so annoyed that they finally say yes?


The Avs certainly don't want Liles back. You can keep him. I really like JVR, but he still is far to unproven. I know people will say Duchene is unproven, but the fact remains JVR is a 23 year old 2nd overall pick, who has only hit 40 points once. I know he has the potential, but I think its to big a risk. Nor do we really need another winger badly enough to trade Duchene. Kadri..meh, not really a fan, but thats just my personal opinion. Other Avs fans might disagree. Not what the Avs really need. And then Blacker+3rd, which does not do much for us, since we already have Barrie/Elliot, and then the 2nd we add>the 3rd. Adding O'Bryne makes it worse. He is very underrated, but a very solid defensman. Basically this is a quality for quanity trade, which the Avs are not really interested in. We want a similiar young player with similiar potential in return if we trade on of our centers.
I would say it's the fact you have 3 top quality centers more than anything, and the fact is the leafs need a center.

Jackothy is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
  #30
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,427
vCash: 500
Honestly, its not the worst proposal ever created, so props to you OP for making something different.

HOWEVER, the Avs have there own better and younger version of JVR in Landeskog, and we have no need for Blacker, and the picks on both sides are completely pointless, and just as well be removed from the proposal.

No reason for the Avs to do this, doesnt fill any needs and creates a whole.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
  #31
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
od.

Oh, good job OP for creating something original. No, seriously, what is your guys infatuation with our centers? Is this some sort of plot to make Avs fans so annoyed that they finally say yes?


The Avs certainly don't want Liles back. You can keep him. I really like JVR, but he still is far to unproven. I know people will say Duchene is unproven, but the fact remains JVR is a 23 year old 2nd overall pick, who has only hit 40 points once. I know he has the potential, but I think its to big a risk. Nor do we really need another winger badly enough to trade Duchene. Kadri..meh, not really a fan, but thats just my personal opinion. Other Avs fans might disagree. Not what the Avs really need. And then Blacker+3rd, which does not do much for us, since we already have Barrie/Elliot, and then the 2nd we add>the 3rd. Adding O'Bryne makes it worse. He is very underrated, but a very solid defensman. Basically this is a quality for quanity trade, which the Avs are not really interested in. We want a similiar young player with similiar potential in return if we trade on of our centers.
we need a center to play with kessel and you have 3 thats why we are after one

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 01:41 AM
  #32
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
I feel like some of my fellow Avs fans overreact just because it's another leafs proposal.

Anyways, whoever said we don't need defense and have plenty of top 4 D, I completely disagree. Our d corps is atrocious right now with consistent help coming on the prospect front being a couple years away.

As for the proposal, Freudian nailed it. Value is fine, but is pretty bad for both teams. The pieces in question don't really meet the Avs needs and its certainly too many individual assets for Toronto to give up.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 09:34 AM
  #33
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
I'd just like to say thanks to all the level headed fans on both sides for giving me the feedback I was looking for, it's very much appreciated. Happy holidays.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
  #34
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
I know avs fans don't want to give up any of there centers but would a trade like this be close ?

To
Col
JVR
Liles
Kadri
Blacker
3rd 2013

Tor
Duchene
O'Byrne
2nd 2013

If you look really closely it is almost like we are giving Colorado a Christmas tree.

Mystifo is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
  #35
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If you look really closely it is almost like we are giving Colorado a Christmas tree.
Looks like a re-gift.

Razor29 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
  #36
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If you look really closely it is almost like we are giving Colorado a Christmas tree.
Looks like we are giving the more expensive present though

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  #37
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Are you saying GMs accept any trade based on value, and not on needs?

Theres a difference between the actual value of a player, and the value of the player to the team.

Would you want to give up a decent prospect for a 3rd/4th liner? Probably not, considering you have plentora of them. But since the trade would be equal value, you should accept? I love leaf logic.
I agree. When you guys do get that 1 missing defense man for Duchene/O'Reilly/Statsny, you will win the Stanley Cup. #HeardItHereFirst

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
  #38
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree. When you guys do get that 1 missing defense man for Duchene/O'Reilly/Statsny, you will win the Stanley Cup. #HeardItHereFirst
So what should we trade our centers for if not a defender?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
  #39
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree. When you guys do get that 1 missing defense man for Duchene/O'Reilly/Statsny, you will win the Stanley Cup. #HeardItHereFirst
Oh? What should we trade our centers for then? Let me guess, to the Leafs. Who really cares what the Avs need anyways, right.







Oh, and if you find these comments funny or something, they are not. They just make you look completely clueless. News flash. GMs take into account team needs when making trades.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:39 PM
  #40
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
So what should we trade our centers for if not a defender?
I agreed. I was implying that you guys are ready to win Lord Stanley if you get that left handed defense man you are looking for.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
  #41
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agreed. I was implying that you guys are ready to win Lord Stanley if you get that left handed defense man you are looking for.
Do you actually expect anyone to believe that? It sounds like your mocking us. Especially with things like #HeardItHereFirst

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM
  #42
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree. When you guys do get that 1 missing defense man for Duchene/O'Reilly/Statsny, you will win the Stanley Cup. #HeardItHereFirst
Ah, the nonsense rebuttal of a 14 year old when they don't know what else to say.

Don't quit your day job, or in this case, junior high.

PAZ is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
  #43
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Ah, the nonsense rebuttal of a 14 year old when they don't know what else to say.

Don't quit your day job, or in this case, junior high.
I guess its lose lose with you guys. I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel (as lonewolf once said). Nothing else is needed in Colorado other then a left handed defense-man. BTW posting this from my desk at work...

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:46 PM
  #44
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I guess its lose lose with you guys. I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel (as lonewolf once said). Nothing else is needed in Colorado other then a left handed defense-man. BTW posting this from my desk at work...
Actually, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel because a Leafs fan posted the exact way this thread was going to go. My post was meant to put into jest your obvious sarcasm.

In a serious manner, I would be curious to know why the Avs should trade one of their centers for anything but our most significant need. Since you are being sarcastic, you don't agree with that and therefore have a different opinion on the matter.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
  #45
Heista18*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Colorado must have something else in that water of theirs. It's like they all message each other to hound on leaf proposals as soon as there is one. All you'll get is their incredibly funny sarcastic remarks and dynamite evaluations on Leaf players, and/or most importantly their god given talented players. ASK 'em about their Ahl roster. They could all teach Bozak a thing or two I'm sure.

On the topic at hand though, JVR + Kadri is already overboard for Duchene. Think whatever you want value wise, but I know these two players very well. The talent is extremely high with a pair like that being put on the table... For that reason, you BETTER see equal talent coming the other way. I wouldn't target Duchene at this point, especially if I'm losing two key players for the future. I'd go a different route for a centre without losing this duo. Like I said, this is my own evalution on these two.

As for Duchene, he's extremely talented as well, no doubt about that. Maybe it doesn't make sense to give up on your top centre, but don't go out of your way to make it seem like the trade isn't on point because those two paired together in a package is much more valuable than kuli and Kadri together. IF you'll remember, those are the two which would have net us Richards or Carter. LEGITIMATE, PROVEN, TEAM CANADA Senior players.

Let's hear a few more Bozak disses while we're at it Calarada.

Heista18* is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
  #46
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
Colorado must have something else in that water of theirs. It's like they all message each other to hound on leaf proposals as soon as there is one. All you'll get is their incredibly funny sarcastic remarks and dynamite evaluations on Leaf players, and/or most importantly their god given talented players. ASK 'em about their Ahl roster. They could all teach Bozak a thing or two I'm sure.

On the topic at hand though, JVR + Kadri is already overboard for Duchene. Think whatever you want value wise, but I know these two players very well. The talent is extremely high with a pair like that being put on the table... For that reason, you BETTER see equal talent coming the other way. I wouldn't target Duchene at this point, especially if I'm losing two key players for the future. I'd go a different route for a centre without losing this duo. Like I said, this is my own evalution on these two.

As for Duchene, he's extremely talented as well, no doubt about that. Maybe it doesn't make sense to give up on your top centre, but don't go out of your way to make it seem like the trade isn't on point because those two paired together in a package is much more valuable than kuli and Kadri together. IF you'll remember, those are the two which would have net us Richards or Carter. LEGITIMATE, PROVEN, TEAM CANADA Senior players.

Let's hear a few more Bozak disses while we're at it Calarada.
Irony is fun!!

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
  #47
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I guess its lose lose with you guys. I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel (as lonewolf once said). Nothing else is needed in Colorado other then a left handed defense-man. BTW posting this from my desk at work...
Our biggest need is a top pairing D. Therefore it makes sense if we are trading one of our most valuable pieces, we want our biggest need in return. Sorry this was so tough for you to understand. Funny guy.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
  #48
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
Colorado must have something else in that water of theirs. It's like they all message each other to hound on leaf proposals as soon as there is one. All you'll get is their incredibly funny sarcastic remarks and dynamite evaluations on Leaf players, and/or most importantly their god given talented players. ASK 'em about their Ahl roster. They could all teach Bozak a thing or two I'm sure.

On the topic at hand though, JVR + Kadri is already overboard for Duchene. Think whatever you want value wise, but I know these two players very well. The talent is extremely high with a pair like that being put on the table... For that reason, you BETTER see equal talent coming the other way. I wouldn't target Duchene at this point, especially if I'm losing two key players for the future. I'd go a different route for a centre without losing this duo. Like I said, this is my own evalution on these two.

As for Duchene, he's extremely talented as well, no doubt about that. Maybe it doesn't make sense to give up on your top centre, but don't go out of your way to make it seem like the trade isn't on point because those two paired together in a package is much more valuable than kuli and Kadri together. IF you'll remember, those are the two which would have net us Richards or Carter. LEGITIMATE, PROVEN, TEAM CANADA Senior players.

Let's hear a few more Bozak disses while we're at it Calarada.
So... You are dismissing our opinion...with your opinion? Great work there buddy. You got us!! We are all drinking something else down here in Colorado since you said so!! Hey look, more sarcasm. Still not as funny as HockeyGuruPitka though. That guy is hilarious. Yep, I'm sure you know more about Leaf players than we do. What's funny is you then state JVR+Kadri is more than enough for Duchene. I fancy we know a tad more about Duchene than you do. Might be overrating JVR a bit as well. He's not a god given talent, sorry. He's only hit 40 points once. You want to talk about overrating? Hmm....who's more overrated, the 21 year old center who almost hit 70 points, or the 23 year old winger who has only hit 40, but with a prospect added, is more than enough for said center. You wonder why we post in Leaf threads...? We don't. We only post in Avs threads. Hey, why are you in an Avs thread??? Hey, you can actually look at something from two ways, you know that, right? Oh, and can I please see the link where Kadri+Kulemin could have gotten Richards? Oh, and they both had a lot more value then btw. A lot has changed for both of them since then. Nice try though. Oh, and I don't know who you think we are...but we are Colorado fans, not Calarada

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  #49
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
Colorado must have something else in that water of theirs. It's like they all message each other to hound on leaf proposals as soon as there is one. All you'll get is their incredibly funny sarcastic remarks and dynamite evaluations on Leaf players, and/or most importantly their god given talented players. ASK 'em about their Ahl roster. They could all teach Bozak a thing or two I'm sure.

On the topic at hand though, JVR + Kadri is already overboard for Duchene. Think whatever you want value wise, but I know these two players very well. The talent is extremely high with a pair like that being put on the table... For that reason, you BETTER see equal talent coming the other way. I wouldn't target Duchene at this point, especially if I'm losing two key players for the future. I'd go a different route for a centre without losing this duo. Like I said, this is my own evalution on these two.

As for Duchene, he's extremely talented as well, no doubt about that. Maybe it doesn't make sense to give up on your top centre, but don't go out of your way to make it seem like the trade isn't on point because those two paired together in a package is much more valuable than kuli and Kadri together. IF you'll remember, those are the two which would have net us Richards or Carter. LEGITIMATE, PROVEN, TEAM CANADA Senior players.

Let's hear a few more Bozak disses while we're at it Calarada.
The same Kadri that can't even make the Leafs roaster?

Drij is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
  #50
Heista18*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So... You are dismissing our opinion...with your opinion? Great work there buddy. You got us!! We are all drinking something else down here in Colorado since you said so!! Hey look, more sarcasm. Still not as funny as HockeyGuruPitka though. That guy is hilarious. Yep, I'm sure you know more about Leaf players than we do. What's funny is you then state JVR+Kadri is more than enough for Duchene. I fancy we know a tad more about Duchene than you do. Might be overrating JVR a bit as well. He's not a god given talent, sorry. He's only hit 40 points once. You want to talk about overrating? Hmm....who's more overrated, the 21 year old center who almost hit 70 points, or the 23 year old winger who has only hit 40, but with a prospect added, is more than enough for said center. You wonder why we post in Leaf threads...? We don't. We only post in Avs threads. Hey, why are you in an Avs thread??? Hey, you can actually look at something from two ways, you know that, right? Oh, and can I please see the link where Kadri+Kulemin could have gotten Richards? Oh, and they both had a lot more value then btw. A lot has changed for both of them since then. Nice try though. Oh, and I don't know who you think we are...but we are Colorado fans, not Calarada

Oh and oh, oh. But oh... and oh. But wait guys.... oh!

Heista18* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.