HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Max Pacioretty

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Ok, guys, seriously. If you are trying to get the best young power forward on a team, a great team guy who has already proven he can get 30 goals and 65 points, then you have to offer real significant value. You atually have to offer the type of value most teams do not want to give up to get him. It would be like asking for Nugent-Hopkins, one of the Sedins, Evander Kane, etc... There is no point to this and it is only going to become a worse pissing match than it already has.

Yakupov is not going to get you Pacioretty because he is smaller than we want, has concussion issues, and would be playing against the Bruins on a regular basis! If Yakupov received concussions playing against boys, I do not want to see what will become of him when he starts to get smashed around by Chara, Lucic, Thornton, McQuaid, etc...

Montreal has a great young power forward who plays with heart. If you have nothing similar or better to offer, don't bother playing. Hemsky and fricking Paajarvi...give me a ******* break.
Thanks for the laugh.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Siludin

Kevin Bieksa

Old
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
You are very welcome. Let me know when you want to trade us Hall for Gallagher and Gionta (equivalent to Hemxky and Pajaarvi for Pacioretty). What about Galchenyuk for Nugent-Hopkins (equivalent fto Yakupov for Pacioretty)? Please. Make a realistic offer that would entice Montreal or don't waste time.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Kevin Bieksa
Not quite fair. What if we toss in Subban and our 2013 1st?

Old
12-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
You are very welcome. Let me know when you want to trade us Hall for Gallagher and Gionta (equivalent to Hemxky and Pajaarvi for Pacioretty). What about Galchenyuk for Nugent-Hopkins (equivalent fto Yakupov for Pacioretty)? Please. Make a realistic offer that would entice Montreal or don't waste time.
First of all... You dont own this thread... It is a value of Pacio thread.. If you dont like someone's offer.. ignore it ..
No one is wasting 'your' time.

secondly.. Pacioretty had a great season but is far from 'the best young power forward" in the game. He is no different then Kulemin when he scored 30 for Toronto.

There are over 30 , 30 goal scorers in NHL Pacio despite a great season was no where close to league leaders in points.

Hall despite missing 25% of the season scored almost as many goals and points as this great MTL winger.

Hemsky + Paajarvi vs over the hill Gionta and a no name 5'8" 5th round selection is not a good comparison..

bringing in Yakupov to your rant and then bashing him for his lack of size is what gave me the laugh.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
First of all... You dont own this thread... It is a value of Pacio thread.. If you dont like someone's offer.. ignore it ..
No one is wasting 'your' time.

secondly.. Pacioretty had a great season but is far from 'the best young power forward" in the game. He is no different then Kulemin when he scored 30 for Toronto.

There are over 30 , 30 goal scorers in NHL Pacio despite a great season was no where close to league leaders in points.

Hall despite missing 25% of the season scored almost as many goals and points as this great MTL winger.

Hemsky + Paajarvi vs over the hill Gionta and a no name 5'8" 5th round selection is not a good comparison..

bringing in Yakupov to your rant and then bashing him for his lack of size is what gave me the laugh.
Ginota has been way more productive than Hemsky in the past few years.

The over the hill Gionta has scored 77 goals in 200 games as a Hab. Thats about 30 goals a year...

ps. I don't agree with the guy your quoting, and not sure why he referenced Yak concussion, Patches got concussed by Chara...

Old
12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
i dont want to trade MaxPac, i dont want to trade our best players too.

i only want to trade Price.
Price is your best player and will bring the most in a trade then patches will ever get

Old
12-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Ginota has been way more productive than Hemsky in the past few years.

The over the hill Gionta has scored 77 goals in 200 games as a Hab. Thats about 30 goals a year...

ps. I don't agree with the guy your quoting, and not sure why he referenced Yak concussion, Patches got concussed by Chara...
Hemsky had 166pts in his last 200 GP .. If by productivity you mean goals then sure but if you mean points like most other do then you are wrong.

Hemsky has missed more games but is a better point producer then Gionta and even your wonder boy Pacioretty.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Hemsky had 166pts in his last 200 GP .. If by productivity you mean goals then sure but if you mean points like most other do then you are wrong.

Hemsky has missed more games but is a better point producer then Gionta and even your wonder boy Pacioretty.
my mistake, should have been more clear, I was talking about points, but looking at the past 3 years, since that is when Gionta become a Habs. I just added the number of games and points.

Gointa has had 127 points in the past 3 years, compared to Hemsky's 107~

Old
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post
PACIORETTY ---> EKMAN-LARSSON ?

SEMI-INTOUCHABLE ---> SUBBAN - PRICE - GALCHENYUK - PACIORETTY
AND ALSO ---> DESHARNAIS - LEBLANC - GALLAGHER
It's kind of funny to picture a some of these guys as "semi-untouchable."

"You want Desharnais? Hell no, dealbreaker!"

Old
12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
It's kind of funny to picture a some of these guys as "semi-untouchable."

"You want Desharnais? Hell no, dealbreaker!"
Haha, I agree. Obviously Price-Subban-Pacioretti-Galchenyuk are the big 4 in terms of value to the Habs, but after that everyone is available for a price. Heck, I'd list Eller, Plekanec, and Gorges, and a few prospects (Beaulieu, Tinordi) ahead of the guys listed as secondary untouchables.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Ok, guys, seriously. If you are trying to get the best young power forward on a team, a great team guy who has already proven he can get 30 goals and 65 points, then you have to offer real significant value. You atually have to offer the type of value most teams do not want to give up to get him. It would be like asking for Nugent-Hopkins, one of the Sedins, Evander Kane, etc... There is no point to this and it is only going to become a worse pissing match than it already has.

Yakupov is not going to get you Pacioretty because he is smaller than we want, has concussion issues, and would be playing against the Bruins on a regular basis! If Yakupov received concussions playing against boys, I do not want to see what will become of him when he starts to get smashed around by Chara, Lucic, Thornton, McQuaid, etc...

Montreal has a great young power forward who plays with heart. If you have nothing similar or better to offer, don't bother playing. Hemsky and fricking Paajarvi...give me a ******* break.
No Oiler fan would ever give up Yakupov for Pacioretty, so you've got nothing to worry about. Pacioretty will be an excellent first liner. That's Yakupov's floor in terms of potential.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
No Oiler fan would ever give up Yakupov for Pacioretty, so you've got nothing to worry about. Pacioretty will be an excellent first liner. That's Yakupov's floor in terms of potential.
a slight exaggeration (pacioretty production being yak's floor), but overall i agree with your assessment

Old
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

This thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Mostly illiciting sarcastic responses, sooo...
/thread

Closed Thread