*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 12:38 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Galchenyuk has also stated that he is as comfortable or more playing the wing.

As for all this DeAngelo hate....it's getting out of control around here. I understand that he has a temper and needs to clean up his attitude but his talent is rare. If Sarnia decides to ship out DeAngelo, they best be getting back a very good proven piece. DeAngelo will NEVER be a defensive stalwart, it's not in his style of game. Sure, he can improve in that area and that will come with time as he realizes it improvements are important to his hockey future. Let's remember that he is young and not even draft eligible until next year. He played in this league for a reason as a 16 year old.

For everyone that is hating on DeAngelo, you must remember that he is an important piece to this team's offense. Sure, he can sometimes make smarter decisions with the puck (mostly, making the easy pass when presented rather than trying to dangle at the blueline) but he is also second in scoring from the Sting's blueline with 19 points in 31 games. That puts him on pace for almost 40 points as a sophomore 17-year old. There were only about 10 defensemen in the OHL last season that produced at that pace last season and none of them were as young as DeAngelo.

His game comes with its flaws, but in no way should DeAngelo be throwing this kid in any sort of trade. Let up on him. I'm tired of sitting in the stands overhearing fans moan about him on plays when he actually makes the right decision. It's becoming evident that complaining about "something" is what many Sting fans go to the rink for.
DISCIPLINE - TOTAL LACK OF IT

Facts;
-one of the best skaters in the league with loads of talent IF applied
-Discipline has to be enforced NOW.Obviously you never have raised a teenage boy
-Lots of talented players went nowhere because of the lack of discipline
-He is 17 now and needs to start showing his worth to the scouts
-teammates are getting fed up with it,they skate their butts off to get open and no pass,ask them
-for every point he has earned,he has given up numerous goals or quality scoring opportunity,JP has bailed him out numerous time
-last game,up by 2 goals he pitches in on a PK only to get burned and JP bailed him out.(discipline)
-agreed,never will be a defensive d man,never said he had to be,but dont be a liability
-yapping to the ref and linesmen gets you nowhere but the penality box,he is lucky we have a top 5 PK
- retaliates against the slightest hit against him,again will be in the box other players dont get the ice time to develop and suffer
-best teams in the any league play disciplined hockey
-Yes he has time to be the most dominate player in the league,BUT has to start NOW
Those of us are not here to whine for the sake of whining,we want our team to succeed and we are expressing our thoughts.I totally understand he is only a kid,but having raised a few and coached a lot,realize his time is NOWto settle down BEFORE it is too late

Old
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
The funny thing about many trade predictions is you knock the kid at every turn and then expect a king's ransom back? It doesn't work like that.....the flaws you see contribute to driving potential value back, down as well....opposing teams also see the warts.
I'm not knocking the kid...just saying if the Sting do move him they better get at least a 2nd line OA center and a top 4 stay at home d-man. He's got at least 2 OHL years left and will break the 50 point mark in both of them

Old
12-18-2012, 05:22 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
I'm not knocking the kid...just saying if the Sting do move him they better get at least a 2nd line OA center and a top 4 stay at home d-man. He's got at least 2 OHL years left and will break the 50 point mark in both of them
Exactly. He carries great value despite the public temper outbursts and risky style of play.

He's probably the Sting's best asset but he'll need to be replaced with a D and another upgrade up front.

If they can't get a good package then there's no rush to move him (although the fan base seems to think there is ).

Old
12-18-2012, 07:54 PM
StungbySting

Would you trade DeAngelo straight up for Saginaw's Vincent Trocheck? He would be the 2nd line secondary scoring center the Sting desperately need. Might have to add a conditional pick if he returns to the Sting the following year as an OA...most likely wouldn't happen

Old
12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Would you trade DeAngelo straight up for Saginaw's Vincent Trocheck? He would be the 2nd line secondary scoring center the Sting desperately need. Might have to add a conditional pick if he returns to the Sting the following year as an OA...most likely wouldn't happen
Definitely yes. It'd be nice if they could wiggle a depth Dman too

Old
12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
No, Would want a D-Man in return, Ceci or if available Dougie Hamilton

Old
12-19-2012, 10:18 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Galchenyuk has also stated that he is as comfortable or more playing the wing.

As for all this DeAngelo hate....it's getting out of control around here. I understand that he has a temper and needs to clean up his attitude but his talent is rare. If Sarnia decides to ship out DeAngelo, they best be getting back a very good proven piece. DeAngelo will NEVER be a defensive stalwart, it's not in his style of game. Sure, he can improve in that area and that will come with time as he realizes it improvements are important to his hockey future. Let's remember that he is young and not even draft eligible until next year. He played in this league for a reason as a 16 year old.

For everyone that is hating on DeAngelo, you must remember that he is an important piece to this team's offense. Sure, he can sometimes make smarter decisions with the puck (mostly, making the easy pass when presented rather than trying to dangle at the blueline) but he is also second in scoring from the Sting's blueline with 19 points in 31 games. That puts him on pace for almost 40 points as a sophomore 17-year old. There were only about 10 defensemen in the OHL last season that produced at that pace last season and none of them were as young as DeAngelo.

His game comes with its flaws, but in no way should DeAngelo be throwing this kid in any sort of trade. Let up on him. I'm tired of sitting in the stands overhearing fans moan about him on plays when he actually makes the right decision. It's becoming evident that complaining about "something" is what many Sting fans go to the rink for.
Yes, he gets points but he is also -10. I don't care if you are an offensive D at all, if you are playing D you have to be good in your own end of the ice.

I don't care how good of a player you are, if you have an attitude problem, you are hurting the dressing room. Also, when you call the best player on your team/league a puck hog, maybe you should learn how to pass the puck first.

And one last comment, I can't remember who made the comment that JB wont trade him cause he drafted him, is incorrect. JB wasn't hired till after the draft.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Sting Fan 101

We are so sorry to see the Battalion leave Brampton. We had Season Tickets for seven years for the Battalion while I worked in Brampton. When I retired my wife & I moved to the Sarnia area and bought Sting Season Tickets. Every so often we would take a road trip to Brampton to see some games. Our last trip their was this year to see the Sting play the Battalion. Over the seven years we had Battalion tickets we never saw a full house at the Bunker ( that how we knew it). To all the loyal fans of the Battalion, we are so sorry for you. You were there through the Good & the Bad and always will be Brampton Battalion Fans as we will always remember the players and all our good Battalion friends. No more road trips to Brampton, maybe one to North Bay in the future.
When the Brampton Battalion come to Sarnia in December, I will wear my Brampton Battalion jersey with the player name on the back "AQUINO". One of the Good ones. All the best to the Battalion in North Bay. I am sure the Fans in North Bay will support you.
Hope this never happens in Sarnia.

Old
12-20-2012, 08:08 PM
bobbygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
No, Would want a D-Man in return, Ceci or if available Dougie Hamilton
Dougie Hamilton ??????? Might have to throw in Gally to get that one done.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:44 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
Dougie Hamilton ??????? Might have to throw in Gally to get that one done.
I disagree with that. Hamilton would only be around for this year, where as DeAngelo would at least be around for 2 but most likely 3 more years. The Sting would probably have to add 1 draft pick but I think that is it.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
StungbySting

Why would Niagara trade Hamilton when they are sitting 4th in the East? Doesn't make any sense to me. He would be NHL bound if the strike ends.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:29 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Why would Niagara trade Hamilton when they are sitting 4th in the East? Doesn't make any sense to me. He would be NHL bound if the strike ends.
Does Niagara have a chance to win the Memorial Cup? Do they have any real depth after their top 3? I would also believe that they want to have a top team to start the 2014 season.

I completely agree that he is NHL bound if the strike ends. That is why there has been no big trades this year. But when the trade deadline comes around, Betman would have probably cancelled the NHL season. And if the NHL season is cancelled, Strome, Hamilton and Ritchie will all be traded.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:36 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Does Niagara have a chance to win the Memorial Cup? Do they have any real depth after their top 3? I would also believe that they want to have a top team to start the 2014 season.

I completely agree that he is NHL bound if the strike ends. That is why there has been no big trades this year. But when the trade deadline comes around, Betman would have probably cancelled the NHL season. And if the NHL season is cancelled, Strome, Hamilton and Ritchie will all be traded.
Would any of the above accept a trade to Sarnia?

Old
12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
Would any of the above accept a trade to Sarnia?
I don't think Ritchie can be traded back to Sarnia. As for the other 2, I have no idea.

Only time will tell if the Sting are buyers or sellers anyways. The next 6 games are going to be a big factor into that decision. I am still sitting on the fence as to which way I would like them to go.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:43 PM
krauss72

I think there is a rule about a certain length of time before they can be traded back to team that they were traded from. 12-13 months sounds right but I'm not sure. Regardless I don't think we'll see Ritchie in a Sting sweater. He made it quite clear he wasn't a fan of JB.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
I think there is a rule about a certain length of time before they can be traded back to team that they were traded from. 12-13 months sounds right but I'm not sure. Regardless I don't think we'll see Ritchie in a Sting sweater. He made it quite clear he wasn't a fan of JB.
The rule regarding trades is 13 months from date of trade

Old
12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
hardoil3232

sting at trading deadline

how many draft picks do sting have left aa it sounds like jocko going for the mc

Old
12-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Definitely yes. It'd be nice if they could wiggle a depth Dman too
Quote:
Trocheck and Ringuette for DeAngelo and picks would be great for both sides.

The problem is though is that I don't think you guys have the picks to swing this deal.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:17 PM
StungbySting

Quote:

Do the Sting have a chance at winning the Memorial Cup? Do they have any real depth after their top 3? By your logic, the Sting should be sellers at the deadline.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:46 AM
massey

Quote:
Do the Sting have a chance at winning the Memorial Cup? Do they have any real depth after their top 3? By your logic, the Sting should be sellers at the deadline.
I dont think we have a Mem cup team.We need a strong d-man like Charalliti (oops did i say that) and another centerman.If this team plays disciplined it can go a couple rounds of playoff.JB was quoted on TV at the Hamilton AHL game last night as he was going to be busy up to trade deadline.Are we buyers or sellers,who knows

Old
12-23-2012, 11:12 AM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
how many draft picks do sting have left aa it sounds like jocko going for the mc
I believe after the Hottot trade, the Sting have something like 16 or 17 2013 picks, and 2 in rounds 3,5,6 or something like that.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
If the Sting are able to add Hamilton and Strome, I would say the have a really good chance to get to the Memorial Cup. Is it going to happen, probably not and if it did, the Sting would be in the basement for the next few years again.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:46 AM
bobbygore

Quote:
If the Sting are able to add Hamilton and Strome, I would say the have a really good chance to get to the Memorial Cup. Is it going to happen, probably not and if it did, the Sting would be in the basement for the next few years again.
The Sting have zero chance of adding either Hamilton and Strome. As it stands the Icedogs have a lot better chance of winning the East than the Sting do in the West. The Sting also have the little problem of having traded away a ton of their high draft picks over the next few years so even if Jocko was insane enough to go for it . The most likely scenario is that Beaulieu will stand pat with what he has because he already mortgaged the future going for it last year.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
The Sting have zero chance of adding either Hamilton and Strome. As it stands the Icedogs have a lot better chance of winning the East than the Sting do in the West. The Sting also have the little problem of having traded away a ton of their high draft picks over the next few years so even if Jocko was insane enough to go for it . The most likely scenario is that Beaulieu will stand pat with what he has because he already mortgaged the future going for it last year.
Anyone know how many "high picks" the Sting will be missing in the 2013 draft? I thought I read JB recouped them through other trades?

Old
12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
mkraayen

Quote:
Anyone know how many "high picks" the Sting will be missing in the 2013 draft? I thought I read JB recouped them through other trades?
http://www.intheoradio.com/sarpicks

Closed Thread