HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
  #276
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Couturier should not be compared to any Leafs forward prospect. lol

Light years away from any of them.
REEEEEEE-lax over there.

Is Couturier better than any of our forward prospects? Yes.

But light years away? Get real bro. Maybe you just throw that word around like it's nothing, but a light year is 9.4605284 10^12 kilometers. You make it sound like Couturier is Gretzky, and Kadri + Frattin are both beer league scrubs. He has 27 points in 77 games as a rookie, so let's take a deep breath and take that diamond encrusted crown off his head.

Lebanese Leaf is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
  #277
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
REEEEEEE-lax over there.

Is Couturier better than any of our forward prospects? Yes.

But light years away? Get real bro. Maybe you just throw that word around like it's nothing, but a light year is 9.4605284 10^12 kilometers. You make it sound like Couturier is Gretzky, and Kadri + Frattin are both beer league scrubs. He has 27 points in 77 games as a rookie, so let's take a deep breath and take that diamond encrusted crown off his head.
Says the guy with the Kadri avatar and username... LOL

Couturier is at least three times as good as any Leafs forward prospect. I'm sorry for exaggerating before. Dry your eyes.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
  #278
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Says the guy with the Kadri avatar and username... LOL

Couturier is at least three times as good as any Leafs forward prospect. I'm sorry for exaggerating before. Dry your eyes.
Real strong argument, resorting to my avatar...Maybe if you stopped whining for a little bit in every prospect thread, you could see some of the positives.

Explain the bolded. How is he three times better than any Leaf forward prospect? What determines three times better? Why is it that he dropped to #8 in the draft, behind Strome, Zibanejad, Schiefele, 3 Centres he was supposed to go before.

Lebanese Leaf is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:45 PM
  #279
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Real strong argument, resorting to my avatar...Maybe if you stopped whining for a little bit in every prospect thread, you could see some of the positives.

Explain the bolded. How is he three times better than any Leaf forward prospect? What determines three times better? Why is it that he dropped to #8 in the draft, behind Strome, Zibanejad, Schiefele, 3 Centres he was supposed to go before.
He's three times better because obviously he is younger, a center, is better defensively, a better skater, better offensively, a better checker, and a solid character and work ethic.

He dropped because teams were stupid and thought he would be a defensive specialist like Jordan Staal. Pretty silly reason to me.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:59 PM
  #280
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
 
crump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ontariariario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,768
vCash: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
He's three times better because obviously he is younger, a center, is better defensively, a better skater, better offensively, a better checker, and a solid character and work ethic.

He dropped because teams were stupid and thought he would be a defensive specialist like Jordan Staal. Pretty silly reason to me.
Well that would be 8 times better, because that is 8 different areas right.

crump is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
  #281
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Well that would be 8 times better, because that is 8 different areas right.
No because I weight those aspects differently. I'd say about 3 times better... 4 tops.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:13 PM
  #282
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
He's three times better because obviously he is younger, a center, is better defensively, a better skater, better offensively, a better checker, and a solid character and work ethic.

He dropped because teams were stupid and thought he would be a defensive specialist like Jordan Staal. Pretty silly reason to me.
Let me remind you that Couturier had 27 points in 77 games as a rookie with the Flyers, playing very sheltered minutes. He looked solid, but by no means was he an offensive superstar.

But even if we give the edge to Couturier in every category you mentioned over all Leaf prospects, let me give you an analogy of how your logic is... John and Jack both write a multidisciplinary exam. The exam involves math, science, english, geography and history. The scores are as follows: Math: (John 88, Jack 86), Science (John 84, Jack 83), English (John 87, Jack 85), Geography (John 91, Jack 90), History: (John 82, Jack 80). Therefore John is at least three times smarter than Jack.
Is that fair to say?

Lebanese Leaf is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:16 PM
  #283
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Couturier is way better than Kadri is every facet of the game and is younger.

He cracked a contender's lineup immediately after being drafted and played very meaningful minutes during the playoffs.

Kadri has yet to crack one of the worst NHL teams in the league at any position in the roster.... several years after his draft year.

There is nothing more to say.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
  #284
Heista18*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
REEEEEEE-lax over there.

Is Couturier better than any of our forward prospects? Yes.

But light years away? Get real bro. Maybe you just throw that word around like it's nothing, but a light year is 9.4605284 10^12 kilometers. You make it sound like Couturier is Gretzky, and Kadri + Frattin are both beer league scrubs. He has 27 points in 77 games as a rookie, so let's take a deep breath and take that diamond encrusted crown off his head.
Ha ha ha! I love this guy... Truth.

Heista18* is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
  #285
Heista18*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
He's three times better because obviously he is younger, a center, is better defensively, a better skater, better offensively, a better checker, and a solid character and work ethic.

He dropped because teams were stupid and thought he would be a defensive specialist like Jordan Staal. Pretty silly reason to me.
"Better offensively".... That's probably one you should've left out to stay credible around here buddy.

Heista18* is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:29 PM
  #286
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Says the guy with the Kadri avatar and username... LOL

Couturier is at least three times as good as any Leafs forward prospect. I'm sorry for exaggerating before. Dry your eyes.
Sorry, what does his Kadri avatar/username have to do with the discussion?

Couturier is really good. Kadri isn't bad either. I think Kadri has higher offensive potential, but Couturier is definitely a better player to have if you want to win.

Regardless, pancakes.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:30 PM
  #287
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
"Better offensively".... That's probably one you should've left out to stay credible around here buddy.
From now on I will only talk about Kadri with people without Kadri avatars. Your thinking with your heart and not your brain.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
  #288
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Sorry, what does his Kadri avatar/username have to do with the discussion?

Couturier is really good. Kadri isn't bad either. I think Kadri has higher offensive potential, but Couturier is definitely a better player to have if you want to win.

Regardless, pancakes.
People with Kadri avatars are much more likely to be very biased when talking about Nazem Kadri realistically. That's why.

I think Couturier is way better. Kadri has been a huge disappointment for me.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:32 PM
  #289
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
From now on I will only talk about Kadri with people without Kadri avatars. Your thinking with your heart and not your brain.
You promise?

The Naz is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
  #290
Heista18*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
From now on I will only talk about Kadri with people without Kadri avatars. Your thinking with your heart and not your brain.
Doesn't mean I'm a homer. I agreed with everything else you said.. At THIS stage. You said Offensively though? You don't know your prospects at all.... That's way off. I think I smell a hater.

Do me a favor, now name the positives in ALL of kadri's game

Heista18* is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:37 PM
  #291
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
You promise?
Yes. I'll be more than happy to talk about anything other than Nazem Kadri The Naz because I'm sure I will just upset you when telling it like it is.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
  #292
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
Doesn't mean I'm a homer. I agreed with everything else you said.. At THIS stage. You said Offensively though? You don't know your prospects at all.... That's way off. I think I smell a hater.

Do me a favor, now name the positives in ALL of kadri's game
Not hating at all. I used to be a huge Kadri fan but he never really progressed at the next level and now I'm telling it like it is.

Kadri has a very soft touch with his passes, can deke and stickhandle very well, and draws penalties a lot (that's a pro and a con because more often he just gets knocked over with legal contact).

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
  #293
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
People with Kadri avatars are much more likely to be very biased when talking about Nazem Kadri realistically. That's why.

I think Couturier is way better. Kadri has been a huge disappointment for me.
I would agree that Kadri has been a disappointment. His first year post-draft was promising, him putting up pretty big numbers in the OHL. Then when he went to the AHL he did pretty well for a rookie, but there were still glaring holes in his game. Last year was the biggest disappointment- I saw nearly NO progress from him at all. The beginning of this year, there were changes for sure. He's not getting knocked off the puck as easily, he's throwing his body around, and generally looking more confident.

But if you have watched him this past ~ month and a half, there is reason for cautious optimism. He seems to have turned a page, IMO. He's making things look effortless, really getting in the dirty areas. It isn't just that his production has gone up, but his overall game. I've been very impressed with his neutral zone game. His decision making is very good now.

Honestly, I still don't know how he'll do in the NHL. But I think he'll be fine and turn into a 50-60 point player. It's still up to him, but I think he's actually on the right track, finally.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
  #294
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Yes. I'll be more than happy to talk about anything other than Nazem Kadri The Naz because I'm sure I will just upset you when telling it like it is.
You won't upset, I promise. I know how to take pessimistic, emotional opinions. Hear it all the time from Leaf fans. I remember when some would say Sundin is no good, because he didn't display Dougie's heart.

Opinions are like arse holes, everyone's got one.

The Naz is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  #295
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
You won't upset, I promise. I know how to take pessimistic, emotional opinions. Hear it all the time from Leaf fans. I remember when some would say Sundin is no good, because he didn't display Dougie's heart.

Opinions are like arse holes, everyone's got one.
I am not pessimistic or emotional lol. Quite content and ambivalent towards the Leafs actually. THis is not an opinion either. These are cold hard truths I'm spitting at you. It's up to you to accept them. Sundin was a Norse God and I would never bad mouth him in any way. He had AS MUCH heart as Dougie and stuck with the Leafs years longer than he should have. Period.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
  #296
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Eakins said Kadri is out at least until after the holidays.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
  #297
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
People with Kadri avatars are much more likely to be very biased when talking about Nazem Kadri realistically. That's why.

I think Couturier is way better. Kadri has been a huge disappointment for me.
Couturier is definitely the better player when you count everything but he doesn't have higher offensive potential than Kadri. Kadri is a wizard with the puck and he can bring some grit to his game. He is a part of our core going forward.

Fearless Leaf* is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
  #298
Clown Baby
Registered User
 
Clown Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Let me remind you that Couturier had 27 points in 77 games as a rookie with the Flyers, playing very sheltered minutes. He looked solid, but by no means was he an offensive superstar.
Sorry... Not intended to be offensive in the slightest, but that's incorrect.

Couturier played the third hardest minutes of any Philadelphia Flyers' forward, spent more time short-handed than any other forward not named Maxime Talbot, had the worst quality of teammates outside of Ben Holmstrom, who only played five games with the team, and he started in the defensive zone more than any other forward on the Flyers' team, period. He was a horse his rookie season.

Clown Baby is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
  #299
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Sorry... Not intended to be offensive in the slightest, but that's incorrect.

Couturier played the third hardest minutes of any Philadelphia Flyers' forward, spent more time short-handed than any other forward not named Maxime Talbot, had the worst quality of teammates outside of Ben Holmstrom, who only played five games with the team, and he started in the defensive zone more than any other forward on the Flyers' team, period. He was a horse his rookie season.


I wish we drafted Couturier!

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
  #300
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
To be fair, Couturier was given a better chance than Kadri because we was given a full season. Kadri was being yo-yo'd.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.