HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #51
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
I thought Kulemin slipped to 7 goals last year. I also don't think he's bringing as much to the table say when there playing the Bruins and the gloves are flying. You add in a prospect and think it's fair. If you were in Holmgren's shoes you know that you wouldn't do it either. Teams like Philly don't care that much about prospects when there giving away key assets. They would like a key asset back.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:42 PM
  #52
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
When a Leaf has a breakout year it's a fluke but when a Flyer doubles his single season career high in goals in a year he's a perennial 35 goal scorer in the future. Funny how that works.
It's because of a significantly elevated shooting percentage. While I think calling Simmonds a perennial 30-35 goal scorer is a bit lofty and I would expect Kulemin to do better next year, Kulemin's shooting percentage jumped 6 percentage points from the prior years compared to only a 2 point raise for Simmonds.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
  #53
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
okay . 35 might be much but 30 isn't. It's the other intangibles that make the difference more than a third. Also adding another marginal prospect for example doesn't return what is lost.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #54
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Only player that makes sense is Gardiner. No one else fits the bill for the Flyers.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:37 PM
  #55
roach9
Registered User
 
roach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
JVR + Frattin for Simmonds would suffice, probably.

roach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:41 PM
  #56
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
JVR + Frattin for Simmonds would suffice, probably.
Far from it.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
  #57
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
JVR + Frattin for Simmonds would suffice, probably.
Leafs say no thank-you.

Maybe if you added Matt Read, then TML added something small of value.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
  #58
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
It's because of a significantly elevated shooting percentage. While I think calling Simmonds a perennial 30-35 goal scorer is a bit lofty and I would expect Kulemin to do better next year, Kulemin's shooting percentage jumped 6 percentage points from the prior years compared to only a 2 point raise for Simmonds.
Simmonds also scored 11 goals on the powerplay well playing on a team that saw more powerplay time then any other team in the league and scored 8 more goals on the power play than the next closest team.

I doubt those numbers will repeat themselves.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
  #59
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Simmonds also scored 11 goals on the powerplay well playing on a team that saw more powerplay time then any other team in the league and scored 8 more goals on the power play than the next closest team.

I doubt those numbers will repeat themselves.
I agree. Simmonds doesn't have the hands (nor does Kulemin) to score 30 yearly.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
  #60
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I doubt those numbers will repeat themselves.
As I said, so do I.

I see Simmonds at 20-25, while I see Kulemin at 15-20.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
  #61
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
JVR+Liles for Simmonds.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:03 PM
  #62
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I agree. Simmonds doesn't have the hands (nor does Kulemin) to score 30 yearly.
Nobody ever accused Simmonds of having hands of any sort, but the way he scored his goals he doesn't really need them. Knuble had terrible hands, dare i say even worse then Simmonds but that didn't stop him from scoring goals up close.

the way i see it, Simmonds' playing style and strengths make him an ideal fit for the Flyers. If he were playing for another team i don't think he would be as effective, as someone already pointed out he scored lots of pp goals and is on a team that is on the pp a whole lot, but that doesn't make him any less valuable to the Flyers. on the contrary the Flyers wouldn't give him up for what he is "worth" to another team since the word worth is relative. of course this is always true of every trade, but imo it was not taken into consideration in these proposals.

anyway, to the OP no from the Flyers on all fronts because none of these proposed trades address a need. plus the Flyers would ultimately be getting either older or arguably less effective.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
  #63
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Nobody ever accused Simmonds of having hands of any sort, but the way he scored his goals he doesn't really need them. Knuble had terrible hands, dare i say even worse then Simmonds but that didn't stop him from scoring goals up close.

the way i see it, Simmonds' playing style and strengths make him an ideal fit for the Flyers. If he were playing for another team i don't think he would be as effective, as someone already pointed out he scored lots of pp goals and is on a team that is on the pp a whole lot, but that doesn't make him any less valuable to the Flyers. on the contrary the Flyers wouldn't give him up for what he is "worth" to another team since the word worth is relative. of course this is always true of every trade, but imo it was not taken into consideration in these proposals.

anyway, to the OP no from the Flyers on all fronts because none of these proposed trades address a need. plus the Flyers would ultimately be getting either older or arguably less effective.
Gardiner for Simmonds+1st 2014 (I know leafs fans might go crazy but just curious if Flyers fan think this is fair. I "might" do this personally because that 2014 1st looks good although Gardiner is great).

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
  #64
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
JVR + Frattin for Simmonds would suffice, probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
JVR+Liles for Simmonds.
Do people think before they make proposals?

Why would Philly acquire JVR when they JUST traded him away?

Not to mention those are both severe overpayments

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
  #65
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Do people think before they make proposals?

Why would Philly acquire JVR when they JUST traded him away?

Not to mention those are both severe overpayments
Ok I agree that was overpayment. There is no way they would take JVR back right away either. I would have preferred if Burke traded Schenn for Simmonds.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
  #66
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Gardiner for Simmonds+1st 2014 (I know leafs fans might go crazy but just curious if Flyers fan think this is fair. I "might" do this personally because that 2014 1st looks good although Gardiner is great).
As a Flyers fan, I'd pass. Gardiner looks great, but I wouldn't add a 1st to Simmonds to get him.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.