HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Bomber0104

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
To be fair, Couturier was given a better chance than Kadri because we was given a full season. Kadri was being yo-yo'd.
Couturier played a full season (on a contender) (as a rookie) because he was good enough (and then some).

The Leafs have been one of the absolute worst teams in the league and Kadri still isn't good enuf (years after being drafted)

HUUUUUGE difference.

In conclusion, I believe Couturier is WAY better than ANY Leafs prospect.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Couturier played a full season (on a contender) (as a rookie) because he was good enough (and then some).

The Leafs have been one of the absolute worst teams in the league and Kadri still isn't good enuf (years after being drafted)

HUUUUUGE difference.

I have a feeling Wilson also made excuses not to play Kadri. Even when Kadri was producing, he'd be nitpicking. Kadri would have been playing for almost any other team if he was traded. I really hope Carlyle is different and gives him a chance he deserves.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:

HUUUUUGE difference.

I think you meant any forwards prospects, rite? If not then you are wrong, I don't he is at all better than Rielly even if they aren't comparable. And even if u meant forward prospects, he isn't far far better than Kadri and Frattin.

I also know one thing, I wouldn't trade Rielly for Couturier in a one-on-one swap.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:

HUUUUUGE difference.

Couturier was drafted a man, Kadri was drafted a boy. This needs to be taken into account. Couturier was drafted for the player he was, Kadri was drafted for the player he could be. Kadri has showed continued progress, and although Couturier is a better player, this is irrelevant in evaluating Kadri's development.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
[/B]

I think you meant any forwards prospects, rite? If not then you are wrong, I don't he is at all better than Rielly even if they aren't comparable. And even if u meant forward prospects, he isn't far far better than Kadri and Frattin.

I also know one thing, I wouldn't trade Rielly for Couturier in a one-on-one swap.
Correct, I did mean to say forward prospects.

Close call between Couturier and Rielly though. I'd say it's even.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
To be fair, Couturier was given a better chance than Kadri because we was given a full season. Kadri was being yo-yo'd.
given?

you don't think players earn their ice time?

Old
12-18-2012, 07:56 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
given?

you don't think players earn their ice time?
With 5 rookie forwards I don't think it was hard to earn ice time. All Philly really needed was fillers last season.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
With 5 rookie forwards I don't think it was hard to earn ice time. All Philly really needed was fillers last season.
Oh yeah? And just what was Lombardy, Steckel, and Armstrong, Crabb, Boyce, Brent, ROshill, Orr, and Shoestrom, and all those other idiots for? Not filler?

HA! Good one.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Oh yeah? And just what was Lombardy, Steckel, and Armstrong, Crabb, Boyce, Brent, ROshill, Orr, and Shoestrom, and all those other idiots for? Not filler?

HA! Good one.
Difference is Philly didn't have ****** fillers blocking the young guys..... When you have 8 players to fill 6 spots, you can't be benching more than 2 day in day out. Leafs have a glut of tweeners, Philly had 2.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Frankie

Quote:
not buying that. if their kids didn't earn it, they simply would have gone and signed a couple of sort-term "fillers". like the leafs did.

you know, all those players we hear refered to as a "stop gap".

Old
12-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Difference is Philly didn't have ****** fillers blocking the young guys..... When you have 8 players to fill 6 spots, you can't be benching more than 2 day in day out. Leafs have a glut of tweeners, Philly had 2.
So you're telling me Kadri couldn't beat oout a ****** filler?

I fail to see how this excuses Kadri from winning a spot on the Leafs.

Unless you are indicting Burke as the culprit in Nazem being held back.

Either they are holding this kid back from stardom or maybe he isn't good enough. You're probably going to have to pick one or the other here and neither is really good (ultimately on mangement in the end tho since THEY PICKED HIM IN THE DRAFT!)

Old
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:

Either they are holding this kid back from stardom or maybe he isn't good enough. You're probably going to have to pick one or the other here and neither is really good (ultimately on mangement in the end tho since THEY PICKED HIM IN THE DRAFT!)
Allowing a player to develop in the AHL does not mean the team thinks those plugs are better than him.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:11 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

I'm blaming it on mismanagement but its not intentionally holding Kadri back. The team had ****** fillers, yet still NHL calibre players. Kadri is waiver exempted, the glut of tweeners weren't, so it's slapping players in their face ruining reputation as a GM by dumping them in the minors. Buries hands were tied, and now with most coming off the books there is room.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Allowing a player to develop in the AHL does not mean the team thinks those plugs are better than him.
Obviously they do since they chose to develop him behind actual AHL players that were being called up ahead of him.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
I'm blaming it on mismanagement but its not intentionally holding Kadri back. The team had ****** fillers, yet still NHL calibre players. Kadri is waiver exempted, the glut of tweeners weren't, so it's slapping players in their face ruining reputation as a GM by dumping them in the minors. Buries hands were tied, and now with most coming off the books there is room.
Youre all over the place here.

Burke CHOSE to sign players and use them ahead of his prized prospect.

I'm sorry but your PRIZED PROSPECTS should be given the front seat in development.

Unless they are simply not good enough to help a last placed team.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Youre all over the place here.

Burke CHOSE to sign players and use them ahead of his prized prospect.

I'm sorry but your PRIZED PROSPECTS should be given the front seat in development.

Unless they are simply not good enough to help a last placed team.
Kadri was newly drafted by the time all of there were already here.... Notice how he's ready and by the end of the year they are all gone? I'm not all over the place, Phillys filler players were gone allowing room for 5 rookie forwards.... Not to mention dealing two of their star players with one nhler forward coming back. That roster was bear and the players shown they were capable. Toronto on the other hand has a glut of players that were taken on in a cap dump deal, or signed for short term solutions until the youngens were ready. The position Philly was in last season was where Toronto will be after this, there will be room for a few rookie forwards.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Kadri was newly drafted by the time all of there were already here.... Notice how he's ready and by the end of the year they are all gone? I'm not all over the place, Phillys filler players were gone allowing room for 5 rookie forwards.... Not to mention dealing two of their star players with one nhler forward coming back. That roster was bear and the players shown they were capable. Toronto on the other hand has a glut of players that were taken on in a cap dump deal, or signed for short term solutions until the youngens were ready. The position Philly was in last season was where Toronto will be after this, there will be room for a few rookie forwards.
Nope, doesn't make any sense.

Why didnt the Flyers just sign a few ****** fillers (like Toronto) that were NHL players (like Torontos apparently) knowing they would be an ACTUAL PLAYOFF CONTENDER

Unlike Toronto who was NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A PLAYOFF CONTENDER but still felt the need to sign terribble players to contracts and play them ahead of their PRIZED PROSPECTS/

Either the prospect (in this case Kadri) is not good enough or the manager (Burke) is holding him back and intentionally sabotaging his pro development.

One or the other.

Either Kadri is just not good (Burke's fault) or it's Burkes fault (also Burke's fault).

Old
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

Why didnt the Flyers just sign a few ****** fillers (like Toronto) that were NHL players (like Torontos apparently) knowing they would be an ACTUAL PLAYOFF CONTENDER

Unlike Toronto who was NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A PLAYOFF CONTENDER but still felt the need to sign terribble players to contracts and play them ahead of their PRIZED PROSPECTS/

Either the prospect (in this case Kadri) is not good enough or the manager (Burke) is holding him back and intentionally sabotaging his pro development.

One or the other.

Either Kadri is just not good (Burke's fault) or it's Burkes fault (also Burke's fault).
Your too stubborn to deal with, go to bed grandpa your getting a little cranky

When he got here we had no prospects, and sold anything worth anything and needed to sign stop gaps. His first draft was when Kadri was picked, he signed fillers for 3-4 years anticipating the length of development and now 3-4 years later they are coming off the books while Kadri is ready... Philly had the same situation however they didn't do it out of anticipation, instead because of a new team direction. It just happened that they returned 2 NHL ready prospects and signed one the same offseason. The situations are similar, the difference is phillys situation was a coincidence, Burke set a timeline for Kadris development.

Last edited by The Podium: 12-18-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Heista18*

Quote:

One or the other.

burke left all the coaching decisions to wilson, did he not?

Old
12-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Heista18*

Quote:
Your too stubborn to deal with, go to bed grandpa your getting a little cranky
ha ha.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:

One or the other.

What a fair and balanced opinion.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
What a fair and balanced opinion.
Thank you. I take no prisoners in my fair and balanced approach to assessing the cause of the Leafs problems.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
I am very excited for Kadri in a Leafs' uniform. I am tired of the over-analyzing done to his game. I just want these homegrown prospects to play for our team.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Heista18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very excited for Kadri in a Leafs uniform. I am tired of the over-analyzing done to his game. I just want these homegrown prospects to play for our team.
Agreed!

Old
12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very excited for Kadri in a Leafs uniform. I am tired of the over-analyzing done to his game. I just want these homegrown prospects to play for our team.
Fans can't just wish a prospect on to a team though.

Closed Thread