HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 11:47 AM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well NCAA players are older and therefore more developed, so it's better in that sense, but the quality of opposition is even more uneven, I mean this isn't NCAA football we are talking about, the quality of opposition in NCAA is very uneven...even on a down year North Dakota is going to be one of the best programs in the country.
That's somewhat true. There are a few leagues where anybody can beat anybody on any given night. I would say that there are about 15-20 teams that are very competitive. The WCHA is one of the best leagues in the country (top 2 with hockey east). Almost every conference game is tough and then they usually schedule tough non conference games. Kristo isn't getting the points he has by running the score up on bottom dwellers because und really doesn't have any in their schedule.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
That's somewhat true. There are a few leagues where anybody can beat anybody on any given night. I would say that there are about 15-20 teams that are very competitive. The WCHA is one of the best leagues in the country (top 2 with hockey east). Almost every conference game is tough and then they usually schedule tough non conference games. Kristo isn't getting the points he has by running the score up on bottom dwellers because und really doesn't have any in their schedule.
Yeah, from what I know UND have a very tough schedule, Kristo's stats aren't inflated (especially compared to say, playing in the Q where there's a few teams good teams will blow out regularly), but saying NCAA is better/worse than the CHL is a little more complicated than NCAA > CHL or the other way around.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
as15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, from what I know UND have a very tough schedule, Kristo's stats aren't inflated (especially compared to say, playing in the Q where there's a few teams good teams will blow out regularly), but saying NCAA is better/worse than the CHL is a little more complicated than NCAA > CHL or the other way around.
Exactly, you really can't just say one league is tougher than the other, there is so much more to it. I will say, without a doubt, that the CHL is easier to score in than the NCAA, thus having the higher point totals. Struggling players in the NCAA that move to the CHL seem to have better success as well.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post
I was at the game last night. Thrower looked pretty good, he made a nice pass across the offensive zone that got him his assist. He also played solid D on the night. Had a nice play in the third on the PK where he broke up a scoring chance, sidestepped a check and came in on a partial 2 on 1. Unfortunately he shot high and missed the net. I thought he was the Blades best defense man on the night.

Dietz played pretty well on the night. A few nice passes and a decent hit or two. He did have a few mistakes trying clear his zone where passes were intercepted or just off the mark and a couple rushes that got broken up. His play on the point on the PP was quite impressive as him and his D partner controlled the puck really well.

All in all a good game and a 5th straight win for the Blades
What are your thoughts on Heatherington - #2 on the other team (Bronco's). Is he worth taking him with one of our 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft?

Old
12-15-2012, 08:28 PM
EveryDay

Darren Dietz score on SH!

Old
12-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Kristo with a goal and 2 assists. MacMillan with a goal.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Kristo with a goal and 2 assists. MacMillan with a goal.
Nice. Big hopes for those two(especially Kristo) as well!

Old
12-15-2012, 10:19 PM
as15

Seriously, I could score ten goals playing on Kristo's line. His playmaking ability is amazing, almost all of his assists are for tap-in goals. He is so good at drawing all of the attention to himself, and dishing it to a teammate at the last moment for an open net tap in.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Classic Dietz in 2012-13.

His team wins 5-2, he scores a goal and an adds an assist...and finishes -1.

Thrower had 17 PIMs in this game. Instigated a fight.

Bozon scores.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:17 PM
zzoo

Great night for Habs fan: Dogs win, Galchenyuk: 3g, 2a. Kristo: 1g, 2a. Gallagher: 1g, 1a.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:23 PM
That

Thrower's fight was hardly a fight.

It seems like he's always just about to fight someone and then the refs break it up and he has to sit in the box for fighting anyway. One of his teammates got hit from behind by Dirk so Thrower jumped in the scrum and pulled Dirk out. Only to get broken up by the refs before they could even get their gloves off.

Not his fight tonight, but one of my favourite of his scraps:

It's also nice to see MacMillan and Kristo doing so well. I was starting to get nervous of Kristo's lack of production, but he had a monster weekend.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Classic Dietz in 2012-13.

His team wins 5-2, he scores a goal and an adds an assist...and finishes -1.

Thrower had 17 PIMs in this game. Instigated a fight.

Bozon scores.
Interesting that the Blades are suddenly hottest team in the WHL with no one significant out during WJC (not sure Matej Stransky is making Czech).

Thrower fought the guy who got a Checking from Behind penalty. I think we can all imagine what happen there.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:07 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Interesting that the Blades are suddenly hottest team in the WHL with no one significant out during WJC (not sure Matej Stransky is making Czech).

Thrower fought the guy who got a Checking from Behind penalty. I think we can all imagine what happen there.
Stransky is not on the team (he should but that's another topic), but Makarov is going (to play backup).

Old
12-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Thrower's fight was hardly a fight.

It seems like he's always just about to fight someone and then the refs break it up and he has to sit in the box for fighting anyway. One of his teammates got hit from behind by Dirk so Thrower jumped in the scrum and pulled Dirk out. Only to get broken up by the refs before they could even get their gloves off.

Not his fight tonight, but one of my favourite of his scraps:

It's also nice to see MacMillan and Kristo doing so well. I was starting to get nervous of Kristo's lack of production, but he had a monster weekend.
I don't know if it's more saying to how tough Thrower is, or how terrible of a fighter Bulmer is.

I think Bulmer was 17-18 at the time and iirc he's 6'5.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:35 AM
NewHabsEra*

Blades have won all their games since Thrower is back in the line-up, 6 in a row..

Old
12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Blades have won all their games since Thrower is back in the line-up, 6 in a row..
What a roller coaster. The kid was having a decent start, then the wheels fell off and now he is top of the world. Perfect prospect for habs fans, he will fit in nicely.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
JSBach

I think I'm in love with Galchenyuk.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Nice. Big hopes for those two(especially Kristo) as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by as15 View Post
Seriously, I could score ten goals playing on Kristo's line. His playmaking ability is amazing, almost all of his assists are for tap-in goals. He is so good at drawing all of the attention to himself, and dishing it to a teammate at the last moment for an open net tap in.
It's almost as though every Hab fan has forgotten how instrumental Kristo's play at the 2009-2010 WJHC's were to Team USA's Gold Medal that year.Top Six for the Habs isn't out of the question it is the question?Top line or 2nd line?

Old
12-17-2012, 04:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Kristo is now 5 pts back of 1st overall in NCAA scoring. He's currently at a 1.31 ppg with 21 pts in 16 games. 2 of his 8 goals are game winners and he has only 1 goal on the PP.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It's almost as though every Hab fan has forgotten how instrumental Kristo's play at the 2009-2010 WJHC's were to Team USA's Gold Medal that year.Top Six for the Habs isn't out of the question it is the question?Top line or 2nd line?
I also remember D'amigo was the leading scorer for the Americans. Leafs fans thought he was first line material, today it's clear that Kristo has a better future ahead of him.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I also remember D'amigo was the leading scorer for the Americans. Leafs fans thought he was first line material, today it's clear that Kristo has a better future ahead of him.
D'Amigo ripped it up at the WJC when he was on a line with Kristo and Stepan. The following year he struggled to put up points without them.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
D'Amigo ripped it up at the WJC when he was on a line with Kristo and Stepan. The following year he struggled to put up points without them.

Evaluating scoring stats in a short tournament like that is a bit of a fool's game. D'Amigo's tourney always reminded me a bit of Boyd Devereaux's for Canada. Everything kind of went in for them and they had the midas touch. But when you saw either play with their regular teams, you just knew they weren't that dynamic offensively.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
That

Dalton Thrower just absolutely crushed Adam Lowry. Then he got in a fight with Colby Cave and pretty decisively won. Not his best fight, but keep in mind that was at the end of an extended shift. There's also a great defensive play in there right at the beginning of the video.

Thrower's fight total current stands at 2 out of 10 for this year. He had a "fight" last week, but it has been retracted.

Last edited by That: 12-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Dalton Thrower just absolutely crushed Adam Lowry.
Nice, thanks for the vid. Looked like a beautiful and clean hit.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:29 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Dalton Thrower just absolutely crushed Adam Lowry. Then he got in a fight with Colby Cave and pretty decisively won. Not his best fight, but keep in mind that was at the end of an extended shift. There's also a great defensive play in there right at the beginning of the video.

Thrower's fight total current stands at 2 out of 10 for this year. He had a "fight" last week, but it has been retracted.
Pretty nice dodgings by Cave.

Closed Thread