HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top line offensive threat for Phoenix

Old
12-18-2012, 10:36 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Top line offensive threat for Phoenix

What would it take to get a forward that has the skills to be a legit 1st line player, and one of the go-to players in the offensive zone. I'm primarily thinking of someone who has the creativity to generate offense as well as getting into the right spots for scoring at critical moments in the game. He also would need to be reasonably young, 27 or under, as to be able to grow with a young core of players at other positions.

It could be someone that's already established himself in the NHL, or someone with a high probability of doing so in the near future. Some names that could work are something like Kesler, Kane, Perron, Couture, Strome, B. Schenn, etc. Obviously these have various different values, that would take different packages.

What would it take, obviously trading from strength would mean trading a package that is centered on a young D-man. The most logical center piece would be Gormley, given his potential and how close he is to the NHL. Although another package around Rundblad could also work (probably have to add more in that case). OEL is obviously off the table, Yandle could be had for the right deal, although most of those names mentioned by themselves seem to fall short of the value of Yandle.

Any idea, something like Gormley + something moderate, or Rundblad + something significant get it done for one of those?

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
capitalsrock

Gormley for B. Schenn

fits both team's needs and value seems close, except I doubt he leaves his brother.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

How about a deal around Yandle for E. Kane?

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
How about a deal around Yandle for E. Kane?
No chance of that happening. Winnipeg doesn't need offensive d-men. We already have Enstrom, Buff and Bogosian.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
What would it take to get a forward that has the skills to be a legit 1st line player, and one of the go-to players in the offensive zone. I'm primarily thinking of someone who has the creativity to generate offense as well as getting into the right spots for scoring at critical moments in the game. He also would need to be reasonably young, 27 or under, as to be able to grow with a young core of players at other positions.

It could be someone that's already established himself in the NHL, or someone with a high probability of doing so in the near future. Some names that could work are something like Kesler, Kane, Perron, Couture, Strome, B. Schenn, etc. Obviously these have various different values, that would take different packages.

What would it take, obviously trading from strength would mean trading a package that is centered on a young D-man. The most logical center piece would be Gormley, given his potential and how close he is to the NHL. Although another package around Rundblad could also work (probably have to add more in that case). OEL is obviously off the table, Yandle could be had for the right deal, although most of those names mentioned by themselves seem to fall short of the value of Yandle.

Any idea, something like Gormley + something moderate, or Rundblad + something significant get it done for one of those?
1. Let's see where our bingo ball lands

2. Why the "e" at the end of your username?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

P. Kane maybe?

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:07 AM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Gormley for B. Schenn

fits both team's needs and value seems close, except I doubt he leaves his brother.
I'd really consider that if we hadn't just acquired Luke

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Gormley for B. Schenn

Close, but i would have to pass. I think of Schenn as a Doan 2.0....that's definitely not a bad thing, but I'm not so sure he'll be a promised offensive threat. If we were to ever trade Gormley, i would hope it would be for just that. Very close.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

rt, your name should be "tough love"

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Both Rundblad or Gormley could be very useful to the Canucks in the long run, as we lack right side D depth. Hoever we don't really have any expendable top line talent, but we do have some solid offensive prospects. Kassian, Jensen, and Schroeder all have top-6 potential. Most would value Kassian the highest, although personally I like Jensen the best.

Schroeder is the most expendable, due to position(Henrik and Kesler lock down our top-6 centre depth), so ideally I would like to do something around Schroeder+ for Rundblad, although I'm not sure what Phoenix's centre depth is like. Kassian/Jensen+ I would make available for Gormley.

Anyways, if all you're looking for is established top line talent, I don't think the Canucks have the expendable pieces.

Krejci for Yandle has been discussed in the past, I think, with moderate success.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:33 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Ah, I bet you are thinking of Trevor, it has nothing to do with him; but has everything to do with the ancestral hometown of one branch of my family.

Yeah, let's see if anything interesting comes up....

Old
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
No chance of that happening. Winnipeg doesn't need offensive d-men. We already have Enstrom, Buff and Bogosian.
From Yotes' perspective, this is intriguing, but still probably not worth a solidly top pairing D, and one of the best offensive threats from the backline in the league. You are right to say that there is no reason for the Jets to move him for another D; but he alone probably would not get it done with Yandle. Just my two cents.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:39 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
P. Kane maybe?
He would be very nice, exactly the type of player I was thinking of. Although I'm not sure if he could be had for reasonable price. I guess it will depend on what the Chicago ppl want in return. I would give Gormley plus another solid D prospect (Schlemko, e.g.) and another useful forward; although I'm not sure that would be enough for Chi-town fans.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:42 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Both Rundblad or Gormley could be very useful to the Canucks in the long run, as we lack right side D depth. Hoever we don't really have any expendable top line talent, but we do have some solid offensive prospects. Kassian, Jensen, and Schroeder all have top-6 potential. Most would value Kassian the highest, although personally I like Jensen the best.

Schroeder is the most expendable, due to position(Henrik and Kesler lock down our top-6 centre depth), so ideally I would like to do something around Schroeder+ for Rundblad, although I'm not sure what Phoenix's centre depth is like. Kassian/Jensen+ I would make available for Gormley.

Anyways, if all you're looking for is established top line talent, I don't think the Canucks have the expendable pieces.

Krejci for Yandle has been discussed in the past, I think, with moderate success.
Yeah, I'm not sure about the values of Canucks forward prospects; I'm sure some of these you mentioned would make productive players in the future. But for Gormley or Rundblad, we would prefer to package them to get a true high-end forward, which is the one thing that would motivate us to move either one.

Krejci is also interesting, but I don't think I would move him one for one with Yandle. That's just my feeling, other fans may disagree.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:59 AM

Yandle for Mikko Koivu seems like it could work out for both side. Stastny might be gettable too.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Yandle for Mikko Koivu seems like it could work out for both side. Stastny might be gettable too.
Koivu is a no-no. Wild leader and face of the franchise (still). Valuewise kinda low offer too, IMO.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:01 AM
forthewild

Segoguchi for Rundblad

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:34 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Bobby Ryan + ??? for Keith Yandle + Antoine Vermette?

Anaheim gets a #1D and a #2C to help with depth. Phoenix gets a top line forward and gains very good wing depth but loses a their #2.

Ryan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Boedker - ??? - Doan
Korpikoski - Gordon - Sullivan
Torres - Chipchura - Moss

Ekman-Larsson - Michalek
Klesla - Morris
Gormley - Schlemko

Smith-Pelly - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Koivu - Selanne
Cogliano - Vermette - Etem
Winnik - Bonino - Beleskey

Yandle - Beauchemin
Fowler - Sbisa
Allen - Lydman

Pros and cons I see.

Both teams have great defense. Anaheim is suffering a bit at left wing but great at right wing. Phoenix is great on both wings but needs help at center.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:38 AM
TmlHockeyFan

JVR for Mike Smith.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
What about somebody like Heatley or Havlat? Still productive players, but would probably come relatively cheap due to age..

Or would Phoenix be looking for a younger player who could grow with the team?

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
DesertDawg

I rather have a good 2 way center that can also score, who can find chemistry with Korpikoski (yea, Mikko would be ideal, but it would take an over payment - & Yandle is worth as much value wise, IMO, also if the Wild is interested in Korpi, it would also be an over-payment type deal).
I don't see the Coyotes trying (or more appropriate,able) to pull off a trade of that magnitude this season. I do expect they will try to fill that roster spot next off-season.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
JVR for Mike Smith.
He's a UFA next season with one good season.... I don't know if I trust phoinex goalies, coaching is just too good that any one can appear good.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi-wayman

David Rundblad straight up for Jordan Schroeder.

Both players will be RFA's at the end of this season, suit the needs of each team and are basically equal in skill for their position and equal in their stage of development.

Alternately,

Ryan Kesler, Cory Schneider, Keith Ballard for O.E.L., Martin Hanzel, Mikkel Boedker, David Rundblad.

Each team gives up players they really don't want to, but the return is very useful to each team. Even without O.E.L. & Rundblad Phoenix still has Gormley and a strong defense core (Ballard played very well for Phoenix in the past) and with a Schnieder/Smith combo in goal, on paper Phoenix becomes the taughest team in the league to score against with Vancouver not far behind. Kesler & Doan will make up 2/3rds of a very strong, physical first line.

Hanzel or Schoeder plays centre on the Canucks 2nd line with Booth and Kassian/Hansen (the other plays on the 4th line). Higgins moves over to centre Vancouver's 3rd line between Boedker and Raymond making a super fast transition line from defense to offense and back. O.E.L. & Rundblad get to develop with less pressure as the Canucks 3rd pairing behind Hamhuis/Bieksa & Edler/Garrison.

As a Canuck fan, personally I would prefer the simple, first trade option over the multi-player 2nd trade option. I like the idea of the Canucks keeping a Luongo/Schnieder combo and I don't want to lose Kesler if possible.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
He would be very nice, exactly the type of player I was thinking of. Although I'm not sure if he could be had for reasonable price. I guess it will depend on what the Chicago ppl want in return. I would give Gormley plus another solid D prospect (Schlemko, e.g.) and another useful forward; although I'm not sure that would be enough for Chi-town fans.
If we are trading Kane, we will want OEL back (at least), and nobody else.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
David Rundblad straight up for Jordan Schroeder.

Both players will be RFA's at the end of this season, suit the needs of each team and are basically equal in skill for their position and equal in their stage of development.
I value Rundblad slightly more, but maybe I'm just being a homer. He's put up more points than Schroeder this year in the A as a defenseman, and he's really focusing on improving his D on NA ice (which according to his +/- from last year to this has drastically improved). Plus he's got 30 NHL games under his belt.

How would you compare Andy Miele to Jordan Schroeder outside of the age difference? I saw a couple of Moose games that Schroeder played in 2 years ago and I remember thinking his talent was undeniable, but his size might be a challenge at the NHL level. I think the same thing about our former Hobey Baker winner.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote