HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikhail Grabovski

Old
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
IMO, Plekanec is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. Grabovski is clearly levels below Plekanec.

If I was matching Plekanec against a Leaf it would be Kessel...and if that was the case I honestly don't know who I'd pick. I guess the kicker would be whether or not I was convinced that Kessel will continue to be a consistent PPG player. Right now I'm unconvinced that he will.
Yea sure

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Bomber0104

It only just occurred to me that it is actually pointless to be discussing "values" of players now that the CBA has expired.

LOL

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Jax Teller

Grabovski is really only currently available in a package for a #1 center. He is too important to sell for futures. He is likely not even available for a goaltender or top-4 shutdown defenseman (two needs of Toronto) until a #1 center is in place because they would be creating too large a hole down the middle.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Yea sure

Dude, FWIW, NHL13 agrees with me.

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:24 AM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

I'd expect mid 1st + top 15 prospect + 2 2nds at least for Grabo, he may not be an elite center but theres no denying his one of the finer 1st line centers in the game who would be just that in most teams (Habs, rangers and blues to name a few) this type of players are the most coveted in the league and I'm pretty sure most GMs would be interested if his name does appears in the trade market. That said taking all those hits he took the past few years might scare some GMs off which is why the his value isn't as high as his performance in ice might indicate nonetheless taking everything in consideration it is well worth the risk.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:11 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
Dude, FWIW, NHL13 agrees with me.

If you have to use an NHL game to back your argument, chances are it's not a very good one to begin with.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafTroll View Post
I'd expect mid 1st + top 15 prospect + 2 2nds at least for Grabo, he may not be an elite center but theres no denying his one of the finer 1st line centers in the game who would be just that in most teams (Habs, rangers and blues to name a few) this type of players are the most coveted in the league and I'm pretty sure most GMs would be interested if his name does appears in the trade market. That said taking all those hits he took the past few years might scare some GMs off which is why the his value isn't as high as his performance in ice might indicate nonetheless taking everything in consideration it is well worth the risk.
Lol you're way overvaluing Grabo there. The mid 1st is the best he'd get, no chance of a top 15 prospect or 2nds unless the Leafs are throwing in a few more players with him.

Secondly, Plekanec, Richards or Backes >> Grabovski

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote