HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's quoting Morreale's twitter feed though. All of this is second hand info.

FWIW Bob McKenzie is also reporting Gally on LW. And I think that's what'll happen. With the success he has had as a winger this year, coupled with Trochek being more comfortable down the middle, I think this is the most likely scenario.

Fans shouldn't fret too much though. Perhaps the U.S. feels that by alleviating some of the defensive responsibility he has by playing centre, he can free-wheel more on the wing and create.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i think gally is going the be the player he is going to be no matter the order of when things happen. whether this and then that, or that and then this. it will all be a means to the same end.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...30044447932416

Quote:
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters
@RossyYoungblood @TSNBobMcKenzie @clayTRON8000 I like the idea of trotting Galchenyuk out to the wing, but they did give him a go at C today
Interview: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=53&id=191047

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-18-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Le CH

Another article on Galchenyuk...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12384

Old
12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Koivu 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneer View Post
What are your guesses as to how many points Gally will get during the WJC?

I'll say 9 (6 goals 3 assists)... let hear your guesses and we'll see who was the closest once she's in the books.
hard to predict because of the variable on the number of games played but...how about...6 games...4g-5 assits...9 pts

Old
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
GalHabsGal

Here is a QUOTE from Alex sister

"When asked for her tournament prediction, Anna smiled and said, "Gonna win the gold."

Here is the link

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12384&print=true

Last edited by GalHabsGal: 12-18-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: correction
Old
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalHabsGal View Post

"When asked for her tournament prediction, Anna smiled and said, "Gonna win the gold."

Here is the link

Lovely.

I call her "Pancakes".

Old
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
GalHabsGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Lovely.

I call her "Pancakes".
Yes she is lovely, i think i am in love with here

"According to Matt Lavanco, who took in the camp, Alex Galchenyuk saw some time back at center after playing primarily on the left wing Monday. Galchenyuk got a little work in between Johnny Gaudreau and Riley Barber. That line also saw some power-play time together with Jake McCabe and Jacob Trouba on the back end."

New from the site The United States of Hockey!

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...onundrum-on-d/

Last edited by GalHabsGal: 12-18-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added new text
Old
12-19-2012, 07:35 AM
GalHabsGal

The puck drop in 29h

I cant wait anymore

Old
12-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Habssupporter

Quote:
He will be effective, that I have no doubt...you can be plenty effective and still not be a legit #1 center, which is my point.

Cole is more of an exception than the norm. Not too many players have their 3rd best season at age 33.
Actually men's physical peak in term of strenght and performance is around 30 years old.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
The puck drop in 29h

I cant wait anymore
Same gal! J'ai hate

Old
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habssupporter View Post
Actually men's physical peak in term of strenght and performance is around 30 years old.
I think you might wanna look on that one again.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
bsl

Quote:
Sorry but i dont care about Gally defensively, for me the only thing that matter is that Gally become the BEST offense player, A START, a top 10(in all NHL) scorers

Everyone know that the best defense is offense
I completely agree with this.

Gally is a third overall pick who is already demonstrating that he could be expected to produce 70 points per year by his second year, and 80 or more by his third year. And 30 goals or more.

He will be facing teams third line checkers, or perhaps their first line, where he'll have to be better offensively than his counterpart, not better defensively. Let the other team's number 1 center worry about D for once, not ours.

I'm completely uninterested in his D ability, because he won't need any, or just some, when he faces Crosby. And he will not face Crosby that much, at home anyway. We will have a third line ace centre for that job such as Eller perhaps. Gally will back check as required, fine, but that will not be his job.

Habs have been so bad on offense, for so long, that many guys here have forgotten what true offensive talent and aggression is, and think the best we can expect is Pleks.

Back checking is hard work, but easy, he'll learn to do it when needed. Offense is rare talent, and it is what wins you cups.

I don't give a **** about Gally's D ability at this point. None. I am watching him intensely only to see if he might finally be a centre for Habs that can score goals.

Last edited by bsl: 12-19-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
bsl

Quote:
Yes, it's logical. You aren't building a legit title contender around this current center core. Especially as Plekanec enters his 30's.
Thanks Marc, at least you get it.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I completely agree with this.

Gally is a third overall pick who is already demonstrating that he could be expected to produce 70 points per year by his second year, and 80 or more by his third year. And 30 goals or more.

He will be facing teams third line checkers, or perhaps their first line, where he'll have to be better offensively than his counterpart, not better defensively. Let the other team's number 1 center worry about D for once, not ours.

I'm completely uninterested in his D ability, because he won't need any, or just some, when he faces Crosby. And he will not face Crosby that much, at home anyway. We will have a third line ace centre for that job such as Eller perhaps. Gally will back check as required, fine, but that will not be his job.

Habs have been so bad on offense, for so long, that many guys here have forgotten what true offensive talent and aggression is, and think the best we can expect is Pleks.

Back checking is hard work, but easy, he'll learn to do it when needed. Offense is rare talent, and it is what wins you cups.

I don't give a **** about Gally's D ability at this point. None. I am watching him intensely only to see if he might finally be a centre for Habs that can score goals.
Come playoffs though he will be more likely to face opposition equal to or better than him more often and that's when you want him to be able to play just as well defensively when the ice isn't opened up. And winning playoffs means winning cups.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Come playoffs though he will be more likely to face opposition equal to or better than him more often and that's when you want him to be able to play just as well defensively when the ice isn't opened up. And winning playoffs means winning cups.
He has time to learn that, but it'd be better for him to concentrate on his strengths rather than his weaknesses. His offensive output will make him the special player he is.

See Kopitar in L.A or Kovalchuk.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Anyone catch what Kyle Woodlief had to say about Galchenuk when he was on with Marinaro about 15 mins ago?

I was waiting for it all morning, then had to be called away at a meeting right when it starts

Old
12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Anyone catch what Kyle Woodlief had to say about Galchenuk when he was on with Marinaro about 15 mins ago?

I was waiting for it all morning, then had to be called away at a meeting right when it starts
Geez, where are your priorities??? No, sorry....wasn't listening. Hope somebody can indeed report it.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
They may put it in their podcast section later today.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Et le But

Galchenyuk could end up being a mainly offensive player, especially if Eller can grow to produce Plekanec-esque offense even in hard matchups. But as a center Gally needs to at least hold his own...we don't need him to turn into a Ovechkin or Kessel-esque turnstyle with nice stats.

Quote:

Here is the link

She works at the Barclays Center? I'm trying to get a job at the Barclays Center right now...

Old
12-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Nsjohnson

I'm a Wild fan and I am so dang jelly about Galy. This kid is special. He's on a total tear right now (entire season?) and will only get so. much. better. Good size, all the rest too.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:35 PM
GalHabsGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
JUST to clarify, I hope Gally will be also good in defense, but for the moment I hope the Canadiens will not change is style of play (Gally creativity with the puck) for defenseive responsibility.

And lets just remember what Beaulieu was saying about Gally and Yakupov, he was saying that Gally is more a two-way player then Yakupov and more resposable on the ice then Nail!

Old
12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Gally11

Quote:
JUST to clarify, I hope Gally will be also good in defense, but for the moment I hope the Canadiens will not change is style of play (Gally creativity with the puck) for defenseive responsibility.

And lets just remember what Beaulieu was saying about Gally and Yakupov, he was saying that Gally is more a two-way player then Yakupov and more resposable on the ice then Nail!
Yeah that makes sense I get that, you don't want him playing dump and chase lol

Old
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

Going to have to disagree on this one........

He does need to play with more control in the offensive zone. I love the fact that he is scoring alot of pro style goals but they will definitely be all over him for the bad habit of blind drop passes.

I don't see this as a big issue but it is certainly one that will be addressed.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Koivu 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
He has time to learn that, but it'd be better for him to concentrate on his strengths rather than his weaknesses. His offensive output will make him the special player he is.

See Kopitar in L.A or Kovalchuk.

funny u mention those 2 because I like to think his style is a mix of them. He can control the play both ways like Anze if he's at center, but is a little bit more explosive and then you add that shot and he's sort of a hybrid.

Closed Thread