I haven't been around much lately, so I'll post some things on my mind from the past few months (from a neutral fan who doesn't root for any of these teams):
1. I think I said this already, but congrats, Giants fans.
2. Posey was the right choice for MVP. It was close for me between he and Braun, but Posey plays a more premium position, so I thought he deserved it more. And the Brewers missing the playoffs had nothing to do with my opinion.
3. Melvin was the right choice for AL Manager of the Year, just ahead of Showalter.
4. Beane robbed the D-Backs in the Chris Young trade even though Young hasn't been hitting that well (his defense is legit).
5. Congrats, Earthquakes fans. I know you didn't win it all, but reading over the thread, it sounds like you had a heck of a season.
6. Congrats to Stanford fans on making a third straight BCS Bowl. They should be able to win pretty easily. San Jose State had a great season as well. As for Cal, well, they have to start over.
7. Stanford, Cal and St. Mary's are off to decent starts for basketball.
8. The Warriors are off to a great start. I doubt they'll keep it up, but we'll see. Watching Curry and Thompson shoot must be fun.
9. It must be another long year in Sacramento...
10. Why did the Raiders stop throwing to Myers? (my fantasy teams!)
11. Akers should be cut. Anything below 80% on field goals these days is horrible. He's at 71.4%.
12. And, I thought I'd end with this: I think the 49ers should have started Alex Smith once he was healthy. Kaepernick is doing fine, but I would have stuck with the veteran.
And I thought this might be useful:
San Francisco can clinch the NFC West division with:
1. SF win or tie OR
San Francisco can clinch a first-round bye with:
1. SF win + GB loss or tie OR
2. SF tie + GB loss
Last edited by rangerssharks414: 12-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.