HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-Sharks Fantasy Football | Season IV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 02:29 AM
  #101
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
I really don't like ESPN fantasy football because of their stupid player search.

I have heard good things about NFL.com actually, and would be for trying that before going to ESPN.

Yahoo fuc*** up big time this weekend. My own fault for waiting til the last minute to try and change my lineup, and it probably wouldn't have even mattered, but still frustrating as hell.
I use NFL.com and it's pretty ******* amazing. I highly recommend it. Well other than the pregame projections which sometimes are hilariously wrong. Like I think against the Bears, Arian Foster was projected to get something like 28 points? Nuts. Player searching and last minute lineup changing works pretty great and super easy on it too.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:39 AM
  #102
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
The thing about waiting till the last minute though is if you are unsure if a player is going to play or not. I was even watching Yahoo's FF show before the games just wondering if Titus Young was going to be active or not and while he was, I didn't hear that confirmed at the time. I'm trying not to complain as much as others with this because it is just a game and it's free, but what really sucked was watching the games without knowing how your team was doing and not knowing when the service was going to be back. It ended up lasting the entire day, and the thing I blame Yahoo for the most was not communicating with people about it, and not making adjustments because of the crash. I saw a post saying everyone should be given the optimal line up for week 10, and that's fair, but I doubt anything is going to happen. Still, all it was was frustrating, but I'm thinking now ESPN is a much better interface, since I've used both and have never had problems with them.
My buddies and I have been trying to figure out how Yahoo could rectify the situation as best they can, but there really is no good solution. I can't honestly say that I was waiting to see if players were healthy, but I know there are tons of people who set key positions the morning of when the rosters are set. For Yahoo to go down at such a critical time is simply unacceptable.

I don't know if you can just go back and give best lineups, because you can't know what people were going to do. It simply would not be fair for me to get 33pts from Ponder instead of the 12 I got for an injured Vick. No way would I have started Ponder over Vick even if I could have adjusted my roster.

The question I have is what are they going to do for the leagues that have serious money involved. This is an absolute PR nightmare for Yahoo, and I expect their FF registration to be significantly lower next year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I use NFL.com and it's pretty ******* amazing. I highly recommend it. Well other than the pregame projections which sometimes are hilariously wrong. Like I think against the Bears, Arian Foster was projected to get something like 28 points? Nuts. Player searching and last minute lineup changing works pretty great and super easy on it too.
I'm not too worried about projections. I never look at those.

I just want an easy GUI to set a roster and search for players based on their stats and points. ESPN is pretty garbage at both if you ask me. I can never tell how many points a guy got the week before on my roster without doing some serious clicking, and searching for players is just as difficult.

I am definitely down for NFL.com

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
  #103
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post

I just want an easy GUI to set a roster and search for players based on their stats and points. ESPN is pretty garbage at both if you ask me. I can never tell how many points a guy got the week before on my roster without doing some serious clicking, and searching for players is just as difficult.

I am definitely down for NFL.com
On NFL.com that's a one click operation for both your team, and free agency to check how they did in prior weeks.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
  #104
209
Registered User
 
209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 50
Are you guys ready for the playoffs??

209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #105
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,753
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Ready to kick all your butts? Sure, been doing it all season! BOOM!

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:19 AM
  #106
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Ready to kick all your butts? Sure, been doing it all season! BOOM!
I still can't believe i made 7th! I thought I would be in Consolation territory.

number 7 seed will beat the number 2 seed Chimp! (crap I have no chance in hell!)

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
  #107
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,753
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
I still can't believe i made 7th! I thought I would be in Consolation territory.

number 7 seed will beat the number 2 seed Chimp! (crap I have no chance in hell!)
A good game at least. If it makes you feel better in the other league I'm in the playoffs the guy I played had the Seattle defense and won because of it.

Now I just need to take it one game at a time.

Also, what is this ******** no-reseeding! The 5 team gets to play the 8 seed and I have to play the 3? Terrible!

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:48 AM
  #108
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Also, what is this ******** no-reseeding! The 5 team gets to play the 8 seed and I have to play the 3? Terrible!
And yet, I still lost.

I think there should be re-seeding for next season. And 8 out of 12 in the playoffs is way too many.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:09 AM
  #109
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
And yet, I still lost.

I think there should be re-seeding for next season. And 8 out of 12 in the playoffs is way too many.
Also i think it's time to move to EPSN FB or anywhere else besides yahoo! (2 cents).

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:05 AM
  #110
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 374
NO ESPN! ESPN is awful when it comes to user interface.

Searching for players and adding players is an absolute nightmare, and understanding the stats displayed on your team's page requires a masters in ESPN fantasy football statistics.

I'm all for trying NFL.com which I have heard is one of the best. (see comments above)

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
  #111
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
NO ESPN! ESPN is awful when it comes to user interface.

Searching for players and adding players is an absolute nightmare, and understanding the stats displayed on your team's page requires a masters in ESPN fantasy football statistics.

I'm all for trying NFL.com which I have heard is one of the best. (see comments above)
No it doesn't. So much easier to move players etc. it's not that hard!

I do know that everyone should stay away from the CBS one though. That's the rumor i hear.

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:28 PM
  #112
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,753
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
I have a friend who works for yahoo sports, we should stay there! I heard a rumor all other ones suck.

Does anyone remember Sandbox? I think that's what I used to play fantasy the first two years I did it (back in like 2000).

Also, I would like to point out I am on track to being 100% correct in my prediction I would win.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
  #113
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,546
vCash: 797
Well, I'm surprised I'm in the Championship game, but I've already beaten you one time this season. Should be an interesting week.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 07:33 PM
  #114
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Also i think it's time to move to EPSN FB or anywhere else besides yahoo! (2 cents).
Ugh. I've played a few leagues on ESPN, and I hated them. Almost all of my leagues are on Yahoo, and I forgot to check the ESPN league a few times. Yahoo is fine. They keep making improvements every year.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:10 PM
  #115
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,546
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Ugh. I've played a few leagues on ESPN, and I hated them. Almost all of my leagues are on Yahoo, and I forgot to check the ESPN league a few times. Yahoo is fine. They keep making improvements every year.
At least ESPN doesn't crap out 15 minutes before kick off and not come back until the next day. Of course that could have happened to any of the servers, but that day on Yahoo made me think it might be time to try something new.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:50 AM
  #116
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
At least ESPN doesn't crap out 15 minutes before kick off and not come back until the next day.
Yeah, I remember that. That was awful timing.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:02 PM
  #117
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,546
vCash: 797
I get 150 points and I still lose by almost 50.

Thanks for the good season everyone. It's been fun. Now there's no fantasy thing until Baseball starts up again and I'm not ready for Fantasy Baseball yet. I probably should have joined a Fantasy basketball league, considering I've been following the NBA with the NHL Lockout and all. Oh well. Maybe it is a good time for a fantasy respite.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:22 PM
  #118
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,753
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
I get 150 points and I still lose by almost 50.

Thanks for the good season everyone. It's been fun. Now there's no fantasy thing until Baseball starts up again and I'm not ready for Fantasy Baseball yet. I probably should have joined a Fantasy basketball league, considering I've been following the NBA with the NHL Lockout and all. Oh well. Maybe it is a good time for a fantasy respite.
My players stepped up in the most important game of the year, they really came through. I love these guys. Well played game, sir.

Also, what do I win? First pick in an avatar draft or something?

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:09 PM
  #119
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Congrats, CZC! You definitely won't have 1st pick in the draft. I can't recall if last year Nem had a tier of fantasy winners that got a higher pick, or if it was just the commissioners. Hopefully we have a chance to find out soon.


As for ESPN leagues, I don't like them at all. The navigation, layout and overall functionality is just piss poor imo. I see no (major)problems with Yahoo! No one site is going to be perfect, but I'm not gonna leave Yahoo! and all the good stuff they bring because one day their servers went down. Maybe I would feel different if I didn't have all my teams already set for that day. Heh

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.