HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

International Jerseys

Old
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
htpwn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
They should have just used the retro jerseys for Halifax/Quebec. Pretty much every one of them was superior to the new ones Nike made up (too bad Belarus didn't really have a historic one to draw from).

They almost made the 1934 Latvia jerseys maroon, then some old guy who played on the team said "I'm pretty sure they were navy", so they changed it, even though they couldn't find any examples to confirm this. Ah, the perils of only having black and white photography.
Huh?

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Huh?

I highly doubt Lukashenko would allow that emblem to be used again. One of the first things he did upon taking power was to outlaw that coat of arms and the flag and replaced them with the current versions. He argued that they were used by Nazi collaborators and therefore not appropriate.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Canada4Gold

I gotta be honest, I don't like the Sweden blue jerseys at all. They look terrible imo. I love their Yellow one, if it was up to me I'd having them wearing that as much as possible, don't like their blue one at all.

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
I gotta be honest, I don't like the Sweden blue jerseys at all. They look terrible imo. I love their Yellow one, if it was up to me I'd having them wearing that as much as possible, don't like their blue one at all.
I'm the total opposite. There is far too much yellow on their jersey, and yellow is a colour that shouldn't be prominant for a hockey jersey. If they could somehow tone it down a bit, maybe add some more blue, then it would be alright.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:51 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
I'm the total opposite. There is far too much yellow on their jersey, and yellow is a colour that shouldn't be prominant for a hockey jersey. If they could somehow tone it down a bit, maybe add some more blue, then it would be alright.
I'm with you on that one. There's a reason yellow has been voted the least appealing colour some 40 years in a row now in international polls. Nike actually came up with a white version for the Swedes when they made the original Swift jerseys as a third, and it look very sharp IMHO, much better than the traditional yellow, but as far as I know, they never actually used them.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
I highly doubt Lukashenko would allow that emblem to be used again. One of the first things he did upon taking power was to outlaw that coat of arms and the flag and replaced them with the current versions. He argued that they were used by Nazi collaborators and therefore not appropriate.
I doubt so as well, which is unfortunate because the sweater has potential if reworked a bit.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote