HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
I'd be very interested in Michal Cajkovsky, especially together with the deal Legend mentioned above. With Bateman being moved out, we'd have a opening in our top six.

Don't know what I'd be willing to give up though - Bowen and Studnicka and one of our two import picks next year type deal at most.

Sieloff-Ebert
Cajkovsky-Murphy
Posa-Sanvido
Brown-McNaughton

Old
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Spitsfan67*

When does the trade freeze go in to effect?...the way im feeling now IF there was a deal that will be made it won't be tI'll after Christmas

Last edited by Spitsfan67*: 12-18-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The Oshawa Gm is Jeff Twohey
a potential deal I am hearing is Maletta,Bateman and Pavelka to Oshawa for Cassels,Altshuller,Uvira and a 3rd rd pick
Makes sense to me in ways for both,Oshawa I think wants an upgrade in goal and Pavelka has been outstanding for Windsor,Bateman gives them a young D-man with Petgrave and Schemitsch graduating,Maletta gives them a big forward who may develop with another team,for Windsor,Cassels brings youth and some talent same age as Maletta,Altshuller a 94 born replaces Pavelka and sets up for next yr with a then 18 year old Dekort,Uvira is a big body Euro forward with some skill,he did have a 13 goal year last,same age as Pavelka a 93,and then theres the all important draft pick to help restock
The edc packages lineup for Maletta Bateman,Cassels and Altshuller,Spits dont have to worry about an Euro o/a goalie next yr,Uvira if he does produce could be an O/A Euro forward if not Spits have openings for at least 2 O/As next yr maybe 3 if Lorentz does not pick up his offense
I think a deal like this works for both,Oshawa gets a little younger with no drop in talent,while Windsor unloads underdeveloping players in Maletta and Bateman,while Pavelka gets a chance to win,at the same time Spits get a younger NHl drafted goalie and more flexibility re O/as next yr as well as a much needed forward in Uvira who brings a degree of suitable size,skill and toughness
Food for thought I think
It sounds like a fair deal to me for a number of good reasons....
Oshawa gets an upgrade in net and two potentially good players in Maletta & Bateman...

The Spits get two forwards. One a toss in (Uvira) His inclusion makes room for Pavela (import). Cassels has 20 pts in 32 games. He'd be in the top 6 in scoring on the Windsor roster. The Spits also get a younger goal tender in Altshuller.(94)
Plus an important 3rd round pick.......

From the Spitfire point of view the keys to the deal are Cassels & the 3rd round pick. This is a deal I'd accept and say thank you very much.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
When does the trade freeze go's in to effect?...the way im feeling now it IF there was a deal that will be made it won't be tI'll after Christmas
The Christmas trade freeze is the 20th til the 27th. So WR has 2 days to do something. Trades can be agreed upon during (the trade freeze) that period (nudge/wink) but nothing can be registered with the OHL or announced.

*Restricted trading periods Dec. 10 to Jan. 5 (WJC players); Dec. 20 to 27 (all players); Dec. 27 to Jan. 4 (U-17 players)

Old
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
OHLTG

I'm not sure Pavelka is an upgrade from Altshuler, but the deal could be great for both teams. I'm not expecting anything before the holidays, though.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
The Oshawa Gm is Jeff Twohey
a potential deal I am hearing is Maletta,Bateman and Pavelka to Oshawa for Cassels,Altshuller,Uvira and a 3rd rd pick
Oh god no lol

Okay so Cassels has 9 more points than maletta on a team that scores 24 more goals and is playing more minutes (i can assume since maletta is on the 3rd/4th line)

The euro has 6 points total (obviously a throw in) won't help our offence

And finally Altshuller who is younger has similar stats on a far better team with better defence.

Ummmmm winners Oshawa

Old
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
LeafsFan18
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Gene Pereira ‏@GenePereira1
Slater Koekkoek, Alan Quine & Nicholas Ritchie have all requested trades out of Peterborough.
WR should be all over this and the Ottawa situation.

Old
12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan18 View Post
I understand what u are saying however the recent trade with the Petes and Schoenmakers not reporting,the Ptes would be reluctant to deal with Windsor
They already are asking for compensation for Schoenmakers not reporting
As for the Ottawa situation Giftopulous is intriguing the others such as Ceci,Janes,and Graovac would have prices Windsor cant afford
Besides 2 of 3 are turning pro, and Janes may go pro as well

Old
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Oh god no lol

Okay so Cassels has 9 more points than maletta on a team that scores 24 more goals and is playing more minutes (i can assume since maletta is on the 3rd/4th line)

The euro has 6 points total (obviously a throw in) won't help our offence

And finally Altshuller who is younger has similar stats on a far better team with better defence.

Ummmmm winners Oshawa
I dont agree that Oshawa wins this deal,if anything good for both
Cassels would be the centerpiece for Windsor,while Pavelka would be the type of goalie that could get the Gennies thru the conference,moreso then the inconsistent Altshuller despite his goals against ave
Altshuller for Windsor is a 94 born they then dont have to worry about an O/a-double spot for Pavelka,while Uvira who has missed a 1/3 of the season this year did score 13 goals last yr,showed potential,plays with an edge,and has good size
In conclusion Cassels plays in our top 6,something Maletta is not,Uvira plays in our top 9,and Altshuller alleviates or opens up a potential O/A for next year
People on this board me included feel both Maletta and Bateman should be moved because of their respective stalled development,this might be the best deal one can get
Fair value,edc packages wash out,potential o/a situation taken care of
Suggest a better deal

Old
12-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Spitsfan67*

What do you think the Price tag would be for Ritchie on the Petes....I think he would look great in a spits uniform and is something that could help this team now and next year.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:56 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan18 View Post
Unbelievable. Gene Pereira did not break this news. @PetesInsider did. Check it.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
What do you think the Price tag would be for Ritchie on the Petes....I think he would look great in a spits uniform and is something that could help this team now and next year.
Dont disagree Ritchie would be a great addition,with his Dec birthday he is not eligible for the NHL draft until 2014
The asking price would be enormous and the Spits dont have the assets to swing this deal
in my view
The OHL sanctions imposed on the Spits really handicap this team going forward
Besides any player or players u would offer would probably not waive their NTC to go
Just 2 years ago Erie and Kingston were no go to zones,now its Peterborough and Sudbury
Now if Peterborough were willing to deal,i dont think they will listen after the Schoenmaker deal here is my offer,Maletta,Bateman,Ebert,and
M.Clarke and Pavelka,along with 1 of the euro 1st rd picks Niagara"s and 500,000 cash to pay for their fired gm and coaches in exchange for Koekkoek,Quine,Ritchie and D'Agostini

Old
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Good post,I agree with everything you say,geez 2 and 1/2 years from 2 mem cups and then a final 4,start a rebuild and then the world is caving in when success is not instant
Have they disappointed in the 1st half yes they have overall
Goaltending has not been an issue,defence is young and improving,though we need to see more,upfront not nearly enough talent,though I do think at least 4 or 5 can produce more
While it has nothing to do with next yr the loss of Khoklachev for this year has certainly contributed,he has not been replaced and loss of his production has been felt throughout the lineup,affecting all 3 lines,my guess if he were here the Spits would be probably have 6-8 more pts putting them right there with Sarnia for the division,and Kitchener for the conference,maybe 4 or 5th overall
Think Sarnia without Galchenyuk or Puempel for Kitchener,or Kosmachuck for Guelph,it makes a difference not an excuse a factor
Spitfires record against the 4 1st place teams in the leagues divisions is a respectable 3-3-1-1
It goes like this
London- 1-1
Sarnia-1-1-0-1
Oshawa1-0-0-0
Barrie-0-1-1-0
Its Owen Sd 0-3,the last 2 on the road,and Plymouth 0-2,both losses on the road thats been a problem,of course Plymouth always wins in the reg season against,not in the playoffs as all remember
Its inconsistency that has hampered this team all season,no more evident then the last 3 games prior to the break
Windsor"s best players have not been their best and a big reason for the stumbling of late
Even you just said they have been a disappointment. Let's keep in mind this is all results oriented. What have you seen from this organization over the past 1.5 years that leads you to believe they will be championship caliber next year and win the OHL and Memorial Cup? Do you believe if they did not make a single move that this core is good enough to do the job? Add 2 imports, add another OA or two and they can win it all? I don't think anybody really believes that and it would just be off wishing and hoping nothing based on what you have seen from the on ice product.

Actually if you think about it success overnight isn't unheard of and you can turn it over quickly. Look at what Windsor did from 06-07 to 07-08. Look at Niagara they were poor when they dealt Pieterangelo away to Barrie. They got Strome back to go with a core of Hamilton x2, Agozzino, Friesen, Fritsch (later traded). They didn't have Lessio report so they got a couple high picks in Graham and Mercer and the next year they went to the East Final and the year after they went to the OHL Finals.

Look at what happened with Barrie after their run to the OHL championship series. They were awful but got Ekblad and last year they made it to game 7 of the 2nd round. They acquired Scheifele during their poor year, last year they get OConnor, Camara. Guys like Pearson and Hall develop. Byers starts to develop, they make a deal for Athanasiou, make a good import pick in Niederberger and they are in business as a contender.

Look at what Guelph has done. 2 years ago they weren't that good. Since then they have drafted Finn, Dickinson, Auger, Fabbri, Leslie, Kosmachuk, Garlent, McGinn. Good supporting cast in Richard, Mitchell and Pedan. Last year they are a 6th seed and now they have taken off this year almost at a .650 winning %. A lot of those players are going to be returning next year they are in better shape than Windsor and they also have a 1st rounder in 2013 to add to that core. In two years they have turned it around.

We can talk about Khokhlachev but remember Rychel had a chance to rectify that issue with that top 15 import pick and they whiffed. We aren't talking about a zero sum game here just because Khokhlachev left doesn't prohibit Windsor from improving and players developing. Plymouth had JT Miller sent to the AHL I am sure he would have helped. Sarnia lost Yakupov not to the NHL, but to the KHL and they are on top of the west division.

When Rychel talks about this being the toughest the west has been since he got to the OHL I think a lot of that is a cop out. First his own team isn't as good as it has been in the past. What makes the west so tough? Midwest division is very solid but there's nothing special about the west division, Sarnia leads and then there's a bunch of mediocre teams.

Maybe like you said earlier Rychel burning his bridges with other organizations has really hindered his ability to do business. Unless he wants to mend those fences nobody is in a hurry to help him out.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Nice player but more of a winger, nobody here could feed him the puck look at the issues he's having with Peterborough. Nice thought but the cost is too much and the Spits need to find guys who can play down the middle.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Add 2 imports, add another OA or two and they can win it all? I don't think anybody really believes that and it would just be off wishing and hoping nothing based on what you have seen from the on ice product.
If you add a kid like Tolchinski, plus two legit OAs, who's to say they can't go for it?

Old
12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
If you add a kid like Tolchinski, plus two legit OAs, who's to say they can't go for it?
Well the Soo added Tolchinsky, 1st round pick in McCann, 2 decent OA's in Miller and Alderson. What has that got the Soo? A mediocre team probably better than they were last year when they bottomed out but certainly not a contender. In other words it's going to take sweeping changes to become a championship contender. They don't match up well with teams that have a lot of returning talent eg. Guelph, London. You could make a case Owen Sound has a better core returning as well. We went through this at the beginning of the year when you thought this team was going to get home ice in round 1. This team is struggling for their playoff lives instead.

Old
12-18-2012, 07:08 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Well the Soo added Tolchinsky, 1st round pick in McCann, 2 decent OA's in Miller and Alderson. What has that got the Soo?
I'm talking better OAs than Miller and Alderson.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Rayzor

As u said in your post Windsor made rapid improvement a few years ago going from last to tied for 1st,then winning the mem cup twice in a row after,it should be noted that the same management and coach are still here I wonder why it cant be done again
I do think 1 or 2 quality imports and 2 or 3 quality O/As,plus a few timely trades,a rapidly developing Hosang,a lucky signing of a free agent,no doubt its possible
You talk about Guelph for next yr,my feeling is that they will lose Pedan,Richard,Sparks,thats the biggie,and of course McNaughton and Beukeboom,big holes to fill especially the 1st 3
Their 1st rder will be a non factor unless they trade him because of where they are selecting,as u recall during Wds run years their 1st rders Cam Fowler did not report till the following year,and Austen Brassard was dealt to Belleville in the Cantin/Gruebauer trade
No doubt guelph will be a contender next yr but they might need a goalie and teams will know it
Sarnia I knew u would mention Yakupov,as u recall when the Spits lost Hall and Fowler early after winning the Mem Cups,they still made it to the final 4,can we say the same thing if they lose Murphy to the NHL if they go back,or worse yet Galchenyuk,somehow I doubt it
Plymouth we have talked about,they had their chance last yr and added nobody,coming into this even without JT Miller they were projected way higher then Windsor,I am not sure the 2 pt differnce in the standings is way higher
I will and have admitted some disappointment/frustration but i never bail on a team,especially those who have won before with the same coaching/mge group,i just dont theu get stupid over night

Old
12-19-2012, 10:52 AM
izzys

For Fun i will take that challange and make some good trades up that will help both teams

dont take this as what i heard or from my source this is what i would like to see wr pull off

Old
12-19-2012, 11:06 AM
izzys

ILL START WITH MY 3 FAVORITE TRADE I WOULD LIKE TOO SEE

Petes

slater koekkock
brett findley
alan quine
brett ritchie
eric cornel
andrew D'Agostini

windsor

chris marchese
micheal clarke
jordan maletta
adam bateman
nick ebert
ben johnson
pav
posa
2 - 2rd
2- 3rd

That would be a great Trade for the windsor spitfires

2ND TRADE

SOO

sergey tolchinsky
darnell nurse
alex gudbranson
mitchell dempsey
matt murray

windsor

micheal clarke
jordan malette
adam bateman
chris marchese
nick ebert
pav
2nd round pick ( whenever )
3rd round pick ( whenever )
maybe even johnson

3RD TRADE

OSHAWA

cole cassels
tyler hope
daniel alstuller
bradley latour
3rd pick

windsor

jordan malatte
adam bateman
pav
posa
emerson clarke

Old
12-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Libbs

I think someone has smoked a little bit too much of the good stuff this morning...

Old
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post

dont take this as what i heard or from my source this is what i would like to see wr pull off
Quick question..after having read your proposed trades...what colour is the sky in your world?...and 2nd question...is your insider this guy?

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 12-19-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Spitsfan67*

To Windsor:
Koekkoek
Menard
Mathers

To Petes:
Bateman
Meletta
Verbeek
Bowen
3rd any year
4th any year

Main pieces for Windsor:Koekoek who will dramatically improve the back end and Menard who fills the OA slot.
Main pieces for Petes: Meletta, Bateman...high potential who haven't produced...a change of scenory and a bigger role could help.

To Windsor:
Gustavsen
Vlajkov

To 67's:
Kouchmey
Mcnoughton
Studnicka
3rd any year

Windsor adds a smaller but faster forward who plays good defense and can put the puck in the net and he's a 94 so he will be back next year, alon with a bigger 95 defenseman.
Ottawa gets a bit younger and add Studnicka who hasent got any good chances here but he gives 110% every shift and has some grit, they have goalie trouble and Kouchmey might get more of a fair shake in Ottawa his numbers in Juniour B are very impressive and a move to the 67's might be able to jump start his ohl career.

To Guelph:
Posa

To Windsor:
2nd Rd. 2013 or 2014.

I know a lot of people are going to say he isent worth a second, but if there a team making a run I Bielefeld he's worth it he's only going to put up around 20-25 points but he's very solid defensively and makes limited mistakes and brings leadership and I'm sure DJ knows everything he will bring, Windsor adds a very important second.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:45 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Quick question..after having read your proposed trades...what colour is the sky in your world?...and 2nd question...is your insider this guy?

Good one PP31-lol

Old
12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
izzys

No im Just having fun and players i would like to see in the line up

and i said not from anyone just in my head ....

i thought it was fun hahah i would take anyone of those trades lol

Closed Thread