HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Wilde Said On TSN Radio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2012, 07:24 PM
  #26
yoyo999
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
I heard him as well.

He also said that we can 'build a cup' around our current crop of prospects from the last 2 drafts. The same prospects that havn't played a game in the NHL and are sitting in last in the AHL sporting a 4 game losing streak.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #27
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie is one of the best Montreal sports journalists, in my opinion.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
  #28
adaboost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
I heard him as well.

He also said that we can 'build a cup' around our current crop of prospects from the last 2 drafts. The same prospects that havn't played a game in the NHL and are sitting in last in the AHL sporting a 4 game losing streak.
In what universe are they on a 4 game losing streak? And you're upset that players drafted 2 years ago didn't play in the NHL their first year after being drafted? I'm not as high on our prospects as most, but your standards might be a bit skewed..

adaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
  #29
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Renaud Lavoie is one of the worst Montreal sports journalists, in my opinion.
Corrected. Doesn't help that I HATE people who answer their phones/text while on TV... he shows no professionalism at all.

In fact, I'm starting to REALLY dislike the whole RDS crew. As much as I was against TVA sports... I'm thinking of switching my subscription if hockey doesn't come back. The 2 clowns on the "5 à 7" are a disgrace to TV.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:31 PM
  #30
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Shows how much of a liar Wilde is..

Grant Mckegg(sp), former habs scout who posts on here, said it was one of the scouts that pushed Timmins on Fischer.
Thread and potential "gauthier hate circlejerk" ruined in first reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Gauthier helped this team reach heights this team never was able to reach before. He should be tanked for Galchenyuk since we don't likely get #3 pick in a draft without him.
He should be thanked for a lot of things, Bergevin will be enjoying his moves for years and will probably get the credit for them aswell. Instead he is the goat and constantly blamed for the meanderings of his ex boss.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
  #31
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He should be thanked for a lot of things, Bergevin will be enjoying his moves for years and will probably get the credit for them aswell. Instead he is the goat and constantly blamed for the meanderings of his ex boss.
Yup, Bergevin will like take a lot of the credit from the success gained from Galchenyuk. Wish this season gets underway so the team can potentially get another top pick with this lineup which is pretty much the same as what Gauthier had. Lockout would put it all to waste, especially his signature Flames 2nd.


Last edited by Watsatheo: 12-18-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
  #32
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Corrected. Doesn't help that I HATE people who answer their phones/text while on TV... he shows no professionalism at all.

In fact, I'm starting to REALLY dislike the whole RDS crew. As much as I was against TVA sports... I'm thinking of switching my subscription if hockey doesn't come back. The 2 clowns on the "5 à 7" are a disgrace to TV.
You have the right to your opinion too. I don't watch '5 a 7' or wtv, I follow him on twitter and he's always got great info. I don't care if he's on his phone while on tv, , actually I probably want him to be, seeing as he's most likely tweeting the info I'm looking for!

Also, you should probably refrain from "correcting" posts with "imo" written in them, as I wouldn't want someone to wrongfully assume that is my actual opinion!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:30 PM
  #33
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilde and if he said that (I didn't hear him say it), it's because he had a reason to say it. There are always two sides to a story...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:41 PM
  #34
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilde and if he said that (I didn't hear him say it), it's because he had a reason to say it. There are always two sides to a story...
i like Brian Wilde too. regardless of what people think of his comments today. ..competent reporter, never talks out of his ass

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 11:45 PM
  #35
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,051
vCash: 500
I heard him too. He did not said this actually happened it was more of a rhetorical exercise. Something like "imagine that could have happened".

He was angry at Gauthier and he did say that Bergevin gave Timmins total freedom - the "Dman vs Giroux" was just a figure of speech, an example.

The recording should be available somewhere on their site.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:07 AM
  #36
Zathronas
Registered User
 
Zathronas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
I heard him as well.

He also said that we can 'build a cup' around our current crop of prospects from the last 2 drafts. The same prospects that havn't played a game in the NHL and are sitting in last in the AHL sporting a 4 game losing streak.
wow! hmmm... let's see

5 of the 6 defensemens are recruits, never mind the fowards. In a year where the AHL is stacked with the lockout. and because the bulldogs are losing our recruits are crap? Your see hockey like a man with one eye. No depth perception.

Zathronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 07:59 AM
  #37
yoyo999
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaboost View Post
In what universe are they on a 4 game losing streak? And you're upset that players drafted 2 years ago didn't play in the NHL their first year after being drafted? I'm not as high on our prospects as most, but your standards might be a bit skewed..
HIS standards are a bit skewed.

I think our prospects are good but how can someone possibly know this is a future cup team this early?

I messed up on the record. It's been W-L-W-L.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:05 AM
  #38
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Corrected. Doesn't help that I HATE people who answer their phones/text while on TV... he shows no professionalism at all.

In fact, I'm starting to REALLY dislike the whole RDS crew. As much as I was against TVA sports... I'm thinking of switching my subscription if hockey doesn't come back. The 2 clowns on the "5 à 7" are a disgrace to TV.
I've already unsubscribed from RDS. They have no interesting content other than the Habs games, which they don't broadcast. Also, I'm hoping enough people unsubscribe from RDS to push Bell to complain to the NHL about getting a deal done.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:49 AM
  #39
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I heard him too. He did not said this actually happened it was more of a rhetorical exercise. Something like "imagine that could have happened".

He was angry at Gauthier and he did say that Bergevin gave Timmins total freedom - the "Dman vs Giroux" was just a figure of speech, an example.

The recording should be available somewhere on their site.
Well that sure is different from the OP...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:17 AM
  #40
TheCanasianfrasian
Registered User
 
TheCanasianfrasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
You do know he works for RDS, which is basically the french version of TSN...
Lol you're really taking me for an idiot right?

Also, whats your point?

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:23 AM
  #41
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
This. Gauthier did a few mistakes but did alot of good things also. There's no black or white in hockey, everyone makes mistakes and hits homeruns. You guys need to stop living in the past, what was done in 2006 is irrelevant since so much was done since then. You just can't say ''add Giroux to this line up and imagine how good we'd be'' because if you add Giroux, maybe Carbo isn't fired yet, maybe we do not draft MaxPac, we certainly can't draft gally. Deal with it seriously lol.
Well if Gauthier did do this then he should be slapped beyond belief because this may have been a turning point for our franchise. Such a talented star and a frenchy to boot? Come on.

It's just that so far it's just at the rumour stage. So there's no truth to it hence irrelevant.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:39 AM
  #42
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 16,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
Lavoie? You mean the guy that takes TSN reports, translates them into french, and puts his name next to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
You are way off base. I don't like him but I can admit he's an excellent reporter.

And he's usually the first guy with info on twitter.
He is right


Lavoie's "scoops" always appear after Drager or McKenzie had tweeted the news

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:02 AM
  #43
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Gauthier left Anaheim the same way he left Montréal. Let's hope Bergevin can win a cup like Burke did. It sucks we didn't draft Giroux, but you can't think like that in life. We wouldn't have Galchenyuk then.
That is probably true, and it gives me comfort. I also suspect that if we had McDo and Saku last year we may have drafted 4th or 5th, or even 8th. This also comforts me.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
  #44
habsrock76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Regardless of what was actually said on air Brian Wilde is still an idiot, you just need to follow him on twitter to realize this.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
  #45
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Who got the news first is irrelevant.

They all, here and there, copy a tweet from someone else and it is ok since they dont necessarily have the same followers.

AFAIAC Renaud Lavoie is one of the most credible sport newspaperman in the Q medias.

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
  #46
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Who got the news first is irrelevant.

They all, here and there, copy a tweet from someone else and it is ok since they dont necessarily have the same followers.

AFAIAC Renaud Lavoie is one of the most credible sport newspaperman in the Q medias.
Sorry to burst your bubble but according to a certain former NHL player, you are so far off reality it isn't even funny.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
  #47
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but according to a certain former NHL player, you are so far off reality it isn't even funny.
Well the current NHL players seem to like him, he keep kissing their butts.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:07 PM
  #48
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well the current NHL players seem to like him, he keep kissing their butts.
This is a fact hahaha

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
  #49
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie thinks he's Bob McKenzie and holds his cellphone in his hand on TV. He always goes personal with players he knows while interviewing them, as to brag about knowing them on a personal level. Lately, has been making strange fashion statements on TV, 'cause he's in NY, *****. He acts like a complete d-bag when he knows stuff other people don't know. Bragged that Bill Daly texted him some information.

He's full of himself. But, he's possibly the most reliable sports journalist in Quebec. Renauld Lavoie will always break the news to the french speaking population, and very accurately. He won't change or twist someone's words to create an agenda, that's not him.

I think Lavoie wants RDS to be TSN, but his cockiness and the fact that he's on RDS, makes him look like a clown sometimes.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:40 PM
  #50
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,320
vCash: 500
I'd love to bash Gauthier everytime I can but I can't this time. Just read Greg's post. While Timmins liked Giroux he also had some reservations about him as well from ability to be that dominant in a higher league to foot speed. But let say Fischer isn't there when we talk, despite the reservations, I have no doubt that Giroux would have had the greatest of consideration from Timmins. No need to crap on Gauthier....there's plenty of other reasons to do so. But that one isn't one of them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.