HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL TV news and discussion

Old
11-25-2012, 02:08 PM
kajoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
The broadcast quality of the Yaroslavl vs. Slovan game right now is a disaster. (Watching it live on regular TV, the Czech Sport 2 channel.) The picture quality looks as if you were watching an archived game from the 1980s. No time whatsoever is shown on the screen, so you have no idea how any minutes are left in the period or in a penalty. And the signal broke down about 4 times in the opening 20 minutes of the broadcast for a minute or so each.

PS: Just as I finished typing this, the time finally appeared on the screen -- midway through the 1st period.
exactly same issue during opening minutes of Slovan vs Jaroslavl game on Sport 1. No time, no PP countdown. I think it took them whole 1st period to fix it.

It was a bit unusual, but nothing I couldnt live without.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Faterson

[delete post]

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Compared to the modern top notch OB van Malkin is cheap.
Still it`s no excuse,the priority should be quality of broadcast,not how much stars you have on your team!

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Still it`s no excuse,the priority should be quality of broadcast,not how much stars you have on your team!
Why? Stars bring the people into the arena, broadcasts are for everyone else. Sure, it's good to make the games available to watch for as many people as possible, and that might bring them to games, as well, but I see no compelling reason why the quality of cameras should have priority. Quite the opposite, I see it a higher priority to build a good team and only then worry about other stuff. I'd hate my team to forgo getting a better player and justify it by saying that at least they got a good camera.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:22 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Why? Stars bring the people into the arena, broadcasts are for everyone else. Sure, it's good to make the games available to watch for as many people as possible, and that might bring them to games, as well, but I see no compelling reason why the quality of cameras should have priority. Quite the opposite, I see it a higher priority to build a good team and only then worry about other stuff. I'd hate my team to forgo getting a better player and justify it by saying that at least they got a good camera.
agree,

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:33 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
See,this is why KHL will be always inferior to NHL,fans don`t demand quality,if such quality of broadcast as in Magnitogorsk,would be from some nhl team, fans would be outraged,but in KHL appearently nobody cares and thats sad. You have to demand quality in broadcasts,in arenas,in marketingk,everywhere.
Quality comes first,thats why best players play in NHL.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
See,this is why KHL will be always inferior to NHL,fans don`t demand quality,if such quality of broadcast as in Magnitogorsk,would be from some nhl team, fans would be outraged,but in KHL appearently nobody cares and thats sad. You have to demand quality in broadcasts,in arenas,in marketingk,everywhere.
Quality comes first,thats why best players play in NHL.
you are not fair. It is not so simple to do all this stuff so early. If you want to claim that KHL is doing nothing, so you are wrong.

I recommend you to talk to Mrs Chaykovskaya, as I did. Maybe you will get the point

Old
11-30-2012, 11:01 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

hope this thread is appropriate.

Eurosport Asia-Pacific has broadcasted KHL since today (Loko-SY Ufa), 2y deal for 60 games/season.

December program
07.december, CSKA Moskva – Dinamo Moskva
19.december, Atlant Moskovská oblasť – Metallurg Magnitogorsk
21.december, Atlant Moskovská oblasť – Traktor Čeljabinsk
28.december, Dinamo Moskva – HC LEV Praha
30.december, Dinamo Moskva – CSKA Moskva
http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/11/30/47824.html

Old
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
ult

Good move I guess. Looks like they have something special in store for Japan and China, since they're not part of the deal.

ult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Vicente

Maybe that Asian expansion will be prepared sooner than expected as Japan and China hate each other like hell and can't even play the schedule as it was planned...

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

statement of Infront sports

http://www.infrontsports.com/nc/pres...port-asia-p/1/

Old
12-19-2012, 09:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

hope, this is right place to post this
http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/12/19/51606.html

Last edited by vorky: 12-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Faterson

I use a regular login I created at khl.ru.

I can see no real improvement in this update. Still no English version, right? Still no easy, international payment options, right? And games are still missing in the games archive.

This aspect of KHL still deserves a big compared to the NHL.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:03 PM
ebis

Quote:
Still no English version, right? Still no easy, international payment options, right?
I use Yandex but you have to register a credit card there (they charge you some small sum and you have to type that sum into some field). I found no other way to buy streams from outside Russia. They should really do something about it, the Russian language isn't making it easier either.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
I use Yandex but you have to register a credit card there (they charge you some small sum and you have to type that sum into some field). I found no other way to buy streams from outside Russia. They should really do something about it, the Russian language isn't making it easier either.
Why buy when you can just stream from livetv.ru for free? If you download sopcast (Free) you can open HQ streams from that site when they have sopcast links.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Faterson

The pirate streams don't show all games, and they frequently only show them in horrible quality. High-quality streams via Sopcast are typically only available for games involving top KHL teams.

I'm happy with paying khl.ru for high-quality live broadcasts, but the archives have been disappointing so far. As soon as a game ends, it should be made available, full-length, in the games archive. Currently, some games are entirely missing from khl.ru archives, and you can't buy them even if you wanted to. The NHL Vault is miles better in this regard, although it was only Flash-based in 2011/12.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
The pirate streams don't show all games, and they frequently only show them in horrible quality. High-quality streams via Sopcast are typically only available for games involving top KHL teams.

I'm happy with paying khl.ru for high-quality live broadcasts, but the archives have been disappointing so far. As soon as a game ends, it should be made available, full-length, in the games archive. Currently, some games are entirely missing from khl.ru archives, and you can't buy them even if you wanted to. The NHL Vault is miles better in this regard, although it was only Flash-based in 2011/12.
I don't stream KHL as I have NTV Plus here so not much help but I assumed all games that are on NTV Plus would be streamed through sopcast as that is the channel usually used. Guess I was wrong. I think we need to give them time, before they do something of the level of NHL Vault or game centre. Hopefully next season we will begin to see something similar. They would know if their is a demand for it.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
I think we need to give them time, before they do something of the level of NHL Vault or game centre.
Right. God knows it took the NHL many seasons until they made the NHL GameCenter available in Europe. It actually only happened a year ago, for the 2011/12 season. Before that, we had to deal with the inferior ESPN Player, which (among other things) worked neither on tablets, nor on phones. This was still a deficiency of the NHL Vault last season (Flash-based only). Now, khl.ru's live broadcasts are pretty good as of right now, except they're next to impossible to purchase for non-Russian-speaking fans. khl.ru's greatest weakness at this point is the archive section, with so many games missing in it, and the failure to make the games available in the archive section as soon as they are finished live.

Old
12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Right. God knows it took the NHL many seasons until they made the NHL GameCenter available in Europe. It actually only happened a year ago, for the 2011/12 season. Before that, we had to deal with the inferior ESPN Player, which (among other things) worked neither on tablets, nor on phones. This was still a deficiency of the NHL Vault last season (Flash-based only). Now, khl.ru's live broadcasts are pretty good as of right now, except they're next to impossible to purchase for non-Russian-speaking fans. khl.ru's greatest weakness at this point is the archive section, with so many games missing in it, and the failure to make the games available in the archive section as soon as they are finished live.
all you do is feed the site through google translator and bingo. As far as the archives go, before KHL we'd be lucky to see 1 game a week

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
all you do is feed the site through google translator and bingo.
Not talking about me, but about the regular user. Those frequently don't know how to "feed the site through a translator". Besides, you seem to have enormous trust in Google's translator, although what it actually produces often is incomprehensible gibberish. Plus, there are many extra hoops that foreign users need to jump through (such as Yandex requesting the confirmation amount in roubles to be input into their form, although foreign users likely will have no easy way of ascertaining that amount in roubles). A masochist like myself will go through all that (and I have), but regular hockey fans won't.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Torsten S

@cska78
You don`t get the point. They allready have the services running but don't sell it to everyone who wants to buy the product. I would like to purchase and I not even need a translator. But they don't accept my credit card due to the orgin where this card was issued. The Yandex dengi wallet is no acceptable option.

Torsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsten S View Post
The Yandex dengi wallet is no acceptable option.
Just curious, but why? Yandex Dengi seems to be a very respectable site -- a Russian counterpart to PayPal. I even find it user-friendlier than PayPal in some respects, but you've got to be Russian-speaking to appreciate the user-friendliness. If you're willing to entrust your card number to khl.ru, I don't see why you shouldn't entrust it to Yandex Dengi instead. The only flaws I see about Yandex Dengi are, one, that their webpages are Russian-only, and two (but this doesn't affect me), that Yandex Dengi seems available to the entire world except for the US and Canada.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
ebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
all you do is feed the site through google translator and bingo.
You know damn well how unreliable Google Translate is. Not to mention that you are proposing using GT for things like paying with your credit card which is just silly. Would you rely on Google Translate when using your credit card for buying something from some Chinese website? I managed to buy streams only because as a Slovak I can understand Russian (and only because I voluntarily learned Russian since it is no longer mandatory after the 1989 revolution). Other than that, you cannot really expect an American, for example, to use Google Translate to register his credit card on some Russian site he has never even heard of (I'm talking about Yandex), not to mention that he probably wouldn't even be able to do it even if he really wanted to.

If KHL really aspires to be a pan-European league (and I hope it does), they should fix this and not expect everyone to speak Russian, not to mention having a Russian credit card. Otherwise it just sends a strong signal saying "This is a Russian league and we just allow you to have one or two teams of your own to play here."

The broadcasting rights themselves are an issue for another debate, though I understand that this is simply about the highest bidder and there is no way to change it. For example, all Slovan games were bought by a Czech broadcaster that maybe 2-3% of the people in Slovakia can watch. So as a Slovak, first you have to try and buy a stream from the KHL website, discover that you can't do it in English, try to do it in Russian if you are lucky enough to speak it, get some error, discover that the button for reporting errors doesn't work, google around to discover that you can pay only using Russian credit cards, google around more to find out that you can do it through Yandex, struggle through the Russian language to register a card on Yandex and then if you are lucky and everything works out, you can watch a game... Really?

And don't tell me about free streams, I want a certain quality and I'm willing to pay for it, I don't expect my league to tell me "Go find some free streams on .ru websites".

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
You know damn well how unreliable Google Translate is. Not to mention that you are proposing using GT for things like paying with your credit card which is just silly. Would you rely on Google Translate when using your credit card for buying something from some Chinese website? I managed to buy streams only because as a Slovak I can understand Russian (and only because I voluntarily learned Russian since it is no longer mandatory after the 1989 revolution). Other than that, you cannot really expect an American, for example, to use Google Translate to register his credit card on some Russian site he has never even heard of (I'm talking about Yandex), not to mention that he probably wouldn't even be able to do it even if he really wanted to.
I was too lazy to type it all up, but this post pretty much sums it up for me, as well. No way in hell am I ever using Google Translate for credit card payments.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Torsten S

Quote:
Just curious, but why?
Because it doesn't solute anything, it just doesn't work for me. Tried two different cards, same result. And I used both for online payments in the past.

Quote:
Ошибка при привязке карты

Заблокировать случайную сумму не удалось. Пожалуйста, убедитесь в том, что вы ввели данные своей карты правильно.

Если всё верно, уточните в банке, который выпустил вашу карту, разрешен ли для нее интернет-эквайринг (проведение платежей через интернет).

Torsten S is offline   Reply With Quote