HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

(Xbox 360) The HF Hyper League *WSH, FLA, CAR Available*

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM
camwise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
I'm going through the playoffs without my best forward (Tavares) or my best defenseman (Shattenkirk)

I feel like typing out so many swear words right now.
losing tavaras for the playoffs is almost a guarantee in this game, ive had him in 2 rounds and he has not had one playoff game.;.. brutal, i was actually thinking of trading him for that very reason

Old
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
losing tavaras for the playoffs is almost a guarantee in this game, ive had him in 2 rounds and he has not had one playoff game.;.. brutal, i was actually thinking of trading him for that very reason
Well he went the entire first season without being injured. Then he played about 20 games this season, got a 50 game injury, came back and played one game, then got a 27 game injury.

Old
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
camwise

Quote:
Well he went the entire first season without being injured. Then he played about 20 games this season, got a 50 game injury, came back and played one game, then got a 27 game injury.
thats such a burn homie, ive lost Franzen for 38, Jorges for 37 Wheeler for 38 Byflugin for 52 Little for 32 andrew ladd for 32

its been such a harsh season for the jets, but we've maintained a bit staying in a playoff spot.

in two seasons little and wheeler has missed a season and a half of hockey its nuts, these two are killing me haha

Old
12-18-2012, 08:06 PM
dbzfanl

Thankfully I just got everyone back except for Foligno.

If anyone has to play Buffalo tonight, let me know, I'm on all night but I'm only available after 10:45 EST or so.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:56 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim in under an hour.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:35 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

We are officially in the playoffs!

Old
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Blues - I sent you a friend request. Let's get this done.

Booth out 4 more games, Hamonic is out 6 and Palmieri is out 7.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
12-18-2012, 10:57 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

I'm going to ask again:

Since a lot of people fly out to see family or family flies out to see them for the holidays, I understand that many people might not be available to play games.

I'd like to know who's going to be gone and for how long during the holiday season so I know if and how long sims should be delayed (excluding Christmas day itself)

Old
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
jonyro84

Really sorry, but I have to drop as Chicago. Just don't have the time to be as active as I would like.mthanks for letting me play this season.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
RaginStajan
It's real!

vCash: 231
Sorry Its Phoenix here, Ill be on later today.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
Really sorry, but I have to drop as Chicago. Just don't have the time to be as active as I would like.mthanks for letting me play this season.
I will take Chicago over

Old
12-19-2012, 03:14 PM
sTaMk0S

I sent an invitation for Ana commish so accept me when u have the time

Old
12-19-2012, 03:58 PM
CanuckCity

If someone takes over washington quick ill wait, otherwise im just gonna play the computer. When's the sim??

Old
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
ThePsychicSaw

I still want my Washington back. Depending on if the roster was destroyed.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

At least psychicsaw is around to play this game for a while, he is commited, and I would be happy to see him back again. But remember to post during the activity check next time, if there will be a next time for you! (Hope there will be)

Old
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
I still want my Washington back. Depending on if the roster was destroyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
At least psychicsaw is around to play this game for a while, he is commited, and I would be happy to see him back again. But remember to post during the activity check next time, if there will be a next time for you! (Hope there will be)
Please refer to this post.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 155
Good series with Boston, he's a great player. Tampa moves on to second round.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM
WhiteMandingo

A few things I would like to mention here. First off I would like to congratulate Tampa Bay on a great series. He swept me 3-0.
And second I propose that we change the playoff format to best of 7. Best of 5 makes no sense at all. I get that its a hyper league but best of 5 is just stupid. In game 1 my goalie let in 3/4 shots in the third period and in game 2 my goalie let in 7/11 shots after the first period. None of those were breakaways or odd man rushes. That pretty much makes it impossible for me to win without resorting to cheesing.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:07 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
A few things I would like to mention here. First off I would like to congratulate Tampa Bay on a great series. He swept me 3-0.
And second I propose that we change the playoff format to best of 7. Best of 5 makes no sense at all. I get that its a hyper league but best of 5 is just stupid. In game 1 my goalie let in 3/4 shots in the third period and in game 2 my goalie let in 7/11 shots after the first period. None of those were breakaways or odd man rushes. That pretty much makes it impossible for me to win without resorting to cheesing.
Who's to say that wouldn't change the outcome of a best of 7 series too? Hockey is a game of bounces.

I'll put it to a poll after the season ends.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:25 PM
WhiteMandingo

Im not saying it would change the outcome. Both me and tampa were expecting a game 4 that never came about.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:44 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Please refer to this post.
That is one of the most off based posts I've seen.

I am a poster child for anti cheese among many players. I pride myself on skilled, legitimate, unforced improv plays that my opponent can respect and say I earn.

I was as active as anyone could hope any one player should be. I was kicked out for not replying in a thread to an activity check of a league I was already playing games for that very day. No pms no messages no warning no nothing. All within less than 24 hours time.

And you're claim that's fair? And I've been defending myself openly as well as others have on my behalf.

Evidently there is something defamatory and behind the scenes going on here.

Losing more and more faith with more and more posters on this board who I thought would be above an average nhl13s player in regards to respect.

I would have been a long time respectable and competitive player in this, loved that roster, was absolutely perfect for me. Sad that something unfairly taints that for absolutely no apparent reason.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:20 AM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
looking for

Old
12-20-2012, 07:12 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
That is one of the most off based posts I've seen.

I am a poster child for anti cheese among many players. I pride myself on skilled, legitimate, unforced improv plays that my opponent can respect and say I earn.

I was as active as anyone could hope any one player should be. I was kicked out for not replying in a thread to an activity check of a league I was already playing games for that very day. No pms no messages no warning no nothing. All within less than 24 hours time.

And you're claim that's fair? And I've been defending myself openly as well as others have on my behalf.

Evidently there is something defamatory and behind the scenes going on here.

Losing more and more faith with more and more posters on this board who I thought would be above an average nhl13s player in regards to respect.

I would have been a long time respectable and competitive player in this, loved that roster, was absolutely perfect for me. Sad that something unfairly taints that for absolutely no apparent reason.
It's all well and good that you were playing games. Great. As I've said though, I don't know who's playing games or not unless I write down each game in the box score, then check every time I log on for new games that weren't there before, because they are listed in schedule order, not order played. So good on you for playing your games, but I can't babysit everyone to such an intimate level.

But most importantly, you DID have warning if you came to the thread at all, or went to the league hub ingame, where it is posted at the start of each day that the activity check is still in effect. Had you been to this thread or paid any attention to league news in the game itself, you would have seen that. Even if you miss the activity check post itself, 8 people directly responded to it, posting "active", "here", or directly quoting it, giving even less of an excuse to not so much as make a single post here. Literally EVERYBODY else except for 2 other people who hadn't even been here for (as I suspect) a week and a half managed to make one post or send me a message. You had the same warning as everyone else, and everyone else who is active managed to take advantage of it. I'm not going to hunt you down to make you do something that everyone else had no problem doing. Your claim of having less than 24 hours is total BS. You had 47 hours and 56 minutes to be completely precise. Everyone else did. And, as I've already said and will continue to say, you are THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO COULD NOT DO THIS.

This has little to do with your play. I don't care how you play right now. As a test, I just closed my browser, checked the time, then accessed this page from the hfboards index. It took me 22 seconds. Getting here is not hard, and it is most certainly not time consuming, so why was it so difficult for you to do so? If 25+ people were able to come to the thread once, or show up in game once, and either post or send me a message saying "Hey, I'm still around", then what prevented you from doing so when you had so many games? The activity check was mentioned, or a team stated that they were "here" or "active", on average, every 2.4 posts. You have no excuse for visiting the thread and not seeing this.

After you first had access, (November 29th) you only made 1 more post in the 2 weeks until you were booted. One post in 2 weeks does NOT support the idea that you were paying attention to the thread, especially since you have found the time to make 11 posts in less time since you were booted, and it REALLY feels like you only made for yourself the time to post here since your boot because you felt you were horribly wronged.

On top of this, I will say that you are not the first person to have had gameplay complaints lodged against them. More like the 4th or 5th, a couple being some of the most respected, tenured members here. The difference is that they accepted my concerns, stated the situation that happened, apologized, and said they would be more conscious of it in the future. I have received no further complaints about any of these members since then. With you, both in private and in this occasion, as opposed to understanding, you have responded with outrage that such a viewpoint could ever be had, and held yourself in the regard that you are too good of a guy to possibly be reprimanded. Your PM's with me included such lines as:

Quote:
youll have to have him be much more specific for me to even respect his concern, because i pride myself on skillful and considerate play.
Quote:
I'd assume hes one of these players because I only remember the good ones, due to them being so few and far inbetween.
This is complete and total disrespect toward your fellow league members, and holding them beneath you. You are displaying enormous arrogance, and it is only giving me more reasons to not accept you.

So, the short version is that the activity check is stated by me at least twice each in 2 positions, reiterated by several members over the course of its check, and you've shown VERY LITTLE activity in the thread.

If you were, as you claim to have been, "as active as anyone could hope any one player should be", then how did you ever miss me saying activity check 4 times, and the 8 posts of "active" or "here"? If you are so active, then why were you the ONLY one to miss it?

It is the opinion of the commissioner that you have been blatantly and completely ignoring league news and affairs. Nobody else has done this to such an extent in the league's entire existence and had the gall to complain about the accusation afterwards.

Again, the matter is closed, and my opinion will not change in this matter. I will make no further posts regarding this, and no longer see the need to defend my position. PsychicSaw is officially banned from the HF Hyper League and will not be allowed to return.

Last edited by kdfsjljklgjfg: 12-20-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
I agree with the changing the playoff format. There's a reason its 7 games in the NHL and ive seen enough 3-1 comebacks to be convinced the extra 2 games make a big difference. For me personally i usually need a game or 2 to feel my opponent out and in a 5 game series that leaves me no room for error afterwards.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

At the end of the season, I intend to conduct a vote on whether to keep 5 game or go 7 game series (I fully expect it to become 7), and whether or not to bump up the difficulty to veteran, since this is also something that keeps being brought up from time to time.

Closed Thread