HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
12-19-2012, 01:29 AM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I never once said he was untouchable but i do think he demands a great player back in return and to me myers would be. I would think if la gave up brown they would also need someone to take his place. So something like brown slava voynov loktionov for Myers and stafford if not im willing to listen to counter offfers
now we give up stafford a 30 goal wing? we'll keep Tyler you keep youre captain....

Last edited by DJN21: 12-19-2012 at 01:41 AM.
DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:41 AM
DJN21

The premise of this convo was buffalo has no need to move Myers...if you wanna go hypothetical and what it would take to move a franchise cornerstone based off team inquiries...Gally+Emelin or for you LA fans whose players took a hugeeeee frontal potential lunge...Brown+Voynov+Lohk maybe a small plus like Luke Adam on our side? Again the premise is it would be a massive overpament

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:35 AM
CraniumCram
Boeheim Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
IMO Chara, Letang, Karlsson, Phaneuf, Alzner, McDonagh, Subban, Timonen, Girardi, Campbell, Carlson, Hedman, Bogosian ahead of Myers
Sure thing, CapitalsRock.

CraniumCram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:19 AM
HiddenInLight

Is this thread real life? Is it forever?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
If anything, Myers gets far too much love from around the league.

His physical tools are appealing, but I think his lack of hockey sense will hold him back and his uneven play since his rookie season becomes more concerning the longer it continues.
A lot of sabres fans will probably disagree, but I agree. Myers has a ridiculous amount of talent and a huge frame that gives him an advantage over 95% of the other players, but I just don't see a player with great hockey sense. It's part of the reason I've been open to moving him in years past for a #1 center or for a top end center prospect. With that said, the sabres have since drafted Grigorenko and traded for Hodgson so the need isn't what it was before.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
vespa99

I think Myers is a better player on paper than on the ice. His frame and skill set make him look like a sexy Norris lock, but his play on the ice has been Meh other than his rookie year. Therefore I would value him well below what it would take to pry him away from Sabres fans.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
I think Myers is a better player on paper than on the ice. His frame and skill set make him look like a sexy Norris lock, but his play on the ice has been Meh other than his rookie year. Therefore I would value him well below what it would take to pry him away from Sabres fans.
I don't think you've watched enough of Myers after reading your "opinion".

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
CraniumCram
Boeheim Knows Best

Everyone should know that D-men take longer to develop than forwards. I think this is especially true when they're 6'6"+. As Tyler grows and matures as a hockey player, the defensive sense and IQ will come, just as it did with Chara. He didn't become a star until he was in his thirties, and Myers has already won a Calder.

I'm really just not as worried as so many others seem to be, this kid has a ceiling as high as anyone in the league.

CraniumCram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
ummm he's worth a lot

that's about what i got.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Everyone should know that D-men take longer to develop than forwards. I think this is especially true when they're 6'6"+. As Tyler grows and matures as a hockey player, the defensive sense and IQ will come, just as it did with Chara. He didn't become a star until he was in his thirties, and Myers has already won a Calder.

I'm really just not as worried as so many others seem to be, this kid has a ceiling as high as anyone in the league.
I think it's already there. The ups/downs he's experiencing is just part of the learning curve. 22 year old top-pairing dmen, going up against the leagues best.

He's an absolute stud and if he was really being shopped around, teams would give up a hell of a lot more than the nonsense people are proposing in this thread.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
now we give up stafford a 30 goal wing? we'll keep Tyler you keep youre captain....
I think ur serverly under estimateing slava and brown but that is ur right

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
The premise of this convo was buffalo has no need to move Myers...if you wanna go hypothetical and what it would take to move a franchise cornerstone based off team inquiries...Gally+Emelin or for you LA fans whose players took a hugeeeee frontal potential lunge...Brown+Voynov+Lohk maybe a small plus like Luke Adam on our side? Again the premise is it would be a massive overpament
the op was asking how other teams veiwed him not what other buffalo fans would trade him for. In reality if myers would be traded a brown voynov lotki would be the best offer u would get for myers and stafford. it would be fair value brown is better then stafford and voynov lokti maybe less then myers but its in my mind the same difference between brown and stafford.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

The guy is 22 years old. 22. Might be a tad early to start calling him disappointing, but then again I do realize what board we're on.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

The biggest problem with Myers is that he has his best year so far in his rookie year and now he's expected to be dominant every year. Young players are inconsistent though.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I respect your opinion but personally

Brown, Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Williams, Stoll, Penner

is better than

Plekanec, Gionta, Paccioretty, Cole, Desharnais, Bourque, Eller
Quick was 10X the goalie Price was last season...this is coming from a Habs fan.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd trade

Gardiner and Biggs for him in a heart beat. As would any Leaf fan in their right Mind.

Russell Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:17 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Subban has an edge to his game that Myers doesn't. Consequently, it's not a wash. The biggest concern in Buffalo is a lack of team toughness. Would Subban allow his goalie to be ran over without some response? He would have dealt with that incident in a way that most likely garnered a suspension. Tyler Seguin, or one of the other skilled Bruins would have payed a high price for Lucic's action. The message would have been sent: "Don't do that, or serious consequences will result."
That wouldn't happen. Nobody goes after the Sabres skilled players when Kaleta does dirty things, nobody would go after Tyler seguin for something Lucic did.

What usually happens is that if someone does something that deserves a response then they deal with it, the Sabres didn't do anything.

If the Sabres were to go after Tyler Seguin for something someone else did I have a feeling they would end up with a suspension similar to what Bertuzzi got when he had his incident of retribution for a past indescretion.

The Sabres are not stupid, they wouldn't do that no matter how much some people would like to see it.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Quick was 10X the goalie Price was last season...this is coming from a Habs fan.
I disagree with you, Quick was better, but Price is the only thing that kept the Habs from finishing dead last. He was good, the best player on the team, heck, he's one of the best players in the league, and that's coming from a Bruins fan who grew up one town over from Jonathan Quick.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
the op was asking how other teams veiwed him not what other buffalo fans would trade him for. In reality if myers would be traded a brown voynov lotki would be the best offer u would get for myers and stafford. it would be fair value brown is better then stafford and voynov lokti maybe less then myers but its in my mind the same difference between brown and stafford.
Voynov and Loktionov does not get you Myers. I can guarantee there are other teams that would offer more, like teams that actually have a need for a young top-pairing defender with upside.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Voynov and Loktionov does not get you Myers. I can guarantee there are other teams that would offer more, like teams that actually have a need for a young top-pairing defender with upside.

agreed your forgetting dustin brown the biggest part in my package

Old
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I disagree with you, Quick was better, but Price is the only thing that kept the Habs from finishing dead last. He was good, the best player on the team, heck, he's one of the best players in the league, and that's coming from a Bruins fan who grew up one town over from Jonathan Quick.
I couldnt disagree more without quick the kings dont make the playoff and that is more value to his team then keeping them out of last place.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

I feel like far too many people are basing their proposals off of highlights or youtube clips. He's our cornerstone, it's going to require a hella lot.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Myers is better then Subban ainec. Keep Subban we will keep the better younger player.
only in your head pretty boy!!!!!

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:49 PM
hohosaregood

Quote:
agreed your forgetting dustin brown the biggest part in my package
I don't think Dustin Brown holds as much value as you think he does. It's kinda like Ryan Callahan. Sure, a lot of teams would want him but they're not giving up a top pairing defenseman or anything like that for him.

hohosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
I don't think Dustin Brown holds as much value as you think he does. It's kinda like Ryan Callahan. Sure, a lot of teams would want him but they're not giving up a top pairing defenseman or anything like that for him.
i cant disagree with your more. I think dustin physical 2 way hockey on great contract is one of the most valueable players in the league. There is not many player that can do what dustin has. I m sure gms accross the league would line up with offers and if a young defenseman was what they wanted im sure the kings would get it.