Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Caughtoffsides: Wenger targeting Valrom Behrami.

Crunchsports: Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, who has been linked with Arsenal and Manchester City, has indicated he is ready to consider a move away from the club next year.

I haven't watched a lot of Serie A this season, how good are these players? Basing on my terrible memory, Jovetic is a really good RM/RW, correct? Or I might be thinking of a different player.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

vCash: 500
Thing with Sturridge is that he can play both out wide, and also Striker, giving Liverpool more versatility up front, and not having to rely & play Suarez week in and week out , especially with the European fixtures on the way

Old
12-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Any news on Georgios Samaras? Been pretty awesome with Celtic in the CL and is always a threat up front for Greece.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:37 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Any news on Georgios Samaras? Been pretty awesome with Celtic in the CL and is always a threat up front for Greece.
sammy loves celtic. in years past weve acceptable bids for him and hes refused to leave. i doubt hed want to move along now when hes a regular and in good form unless hes offered a significant upgrade in wages.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:54 AM
villevalo

On Arsenal, I've seen lately:

Demba Ba to us for around £7.5 million.
El Shaarawy to us, although valued at something over 30 million Euros, seems to be a very slim rumour.
Flamini to return, apparently is having a bit of a tough time at AC, and will be looking to get out come end of the season.
Lampard to us, might consider a bid in the January window, only if he's cheap enough.
Huntelaar to us, seems we've upped our offer up to 100k a week in the hopes of getting a signature.
Dani Alves to us, as Sagna may be leaving, Alves as a replacement, makes sense as he's fallen from favour in Barcelona. Seems to be a January bid.
Sagna to PSG for 10 million.
Afriyie Acquah to us, apparently billed as the next Essien, 8 million, again another January bid.

Old
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Thing with Sturridge is that he can play both out wide, and also Striker, giving Liverpool more versatility up front, and not having to rely & play Suarez week in and week out , especially with the European fixtures on the way
He only wants to play through the middle though, he'll be getting more playing time at Liverpool so he shouldn't kick up too much of a fuss about playing wing some games.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post

El Shaarawy to us, although valued at something over 30 million Euros, seems to be a very slim rumour.
Flamini to return, apparently is having a bit of a tough time at AC, and will be looking to get out come end of the season.
Lampard to us, might consider a bid in the January window, only if he's cheap enough.
Huntelaar to us, seems we've upped our offer up to 100k a week in the hopes of getting a signature.
Dani Alves to us, as Sagna may be leaving, Alves as a replacement, makes sense as he's fallen from favour in Barcelona. Seems to be a January bid.
Afriyie Acquah to us, apparently billed as the next Essien, 8 million, again another January bid.
Nope. The only way he moves is out of Europe

12-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Get ready to pay for Alves, not going to be cheap

Old
12-19-2012, 08:43 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Crunchsports:
Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, who has been linked with Arsenal and Manchester City, has indicated he is ready to consider a move away from the club next year.
yikes; those are not credible sources

Old
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Huntelaar extending his contract at Schalke

Old
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:

He's invaluable to us, but I could see the dbags B&G selling him. Why not? We don't need young stars right??

Old
12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Huntelaar extending his contract at Schalke
Crazy talk, the EPL wants him and we know the EPL is the greatest league in the world and all players are honored when an EPL side will accept having them play for them...

Old
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:

Not at that price.

Quote:
No reason for Milan to do this. Still in CL and clearly their best player this season.

Quote:
Not much of an upgrade to the current midfield. Arsenal need a striker/goalscorer and they need to strengthen their defense.

Quote:
Might as well cash in. He doesn't fit the current system, he won't sign a new contract (he wants two years, Chelsea were only ready to give him one), he's lost a lot of his edge with age and really doesn't look like he wants to be at Chelsea anymore.
Quote:
This might happen.

Quote:
He isn't as good as a few years ago, but would be an upgrade over Sagna I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Nope. The only way he moves is out of Europe
Not necessarily. QPR, Arsenal, PSG are possible destinations. At this stage, I would let him go.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Crunchsports: Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, who has been linked with Arsenal and Manchester City, has indicated he is ready to consider a move away from the club next year.

I haven't watched a lot of Serie A this season, how good are these players? Basing on my terrible memory, Jovetic is a really good RM/RW, correct? Or I might be thinking of a different player.
Jovetic is a CF and he's really good.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:26 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Chelsea should look to stengthen three positions:

- Striker. Priority number one. Torres is not cutting it (never did really). Falcao, Demba Ba, Cavani, Benteke, Jovetic, Mbokani are all names I've seen thrown around. Any of those would do really. I think Lukaku should stay with West Brom until the end of the season, unless a replacement isn't found. Drogba isn't coming back.

- Holding midfielder. Someone like Fellaini would do wonders. Mikel is awful, Ramires is way too inconsistent, Romeu is probably out for the season. Luiz showed a lot of promise in the role, but that leads us to the next position...

- Center-back. If Luiz shifts to the midfield, that leaves Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic. I've seen rumors of De Vrij who is highly rated. A big defender who is reliable at the back is what they need.

The team is missing just a few essential pieces to really get things going. There were glimpses of absolute brilliance under RDM and even now with Rafa, but they need consistency. That red card to Torres against Man Utd is when everything started going to ****.

Less Moses, more Marin too. Give Piazon some games.

Next year should be interesting. Courtois could be in contention (I think Cech has one more season in him after this), De Bruyne, Lukaku, Wallace will all add to the competition for places on the team.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Westham and Stoke are reportedly interested in St-Etienne's Faouzi Ghoulam, considered to be on of the best LB's in Ligue 1

But the source is The Sun, so .........

Old
12-19-2012, 12:01 PM
mmk786

Some big club should try to sign Benteke. He is quality and quite young as well.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk786 View Post
Some big club should try to sign Benteke. He is quality and quite young as well.
Benteke has the potential to be one of the better all-round strikers around. Great aerial threat (just look at his goals for Belgium), pace, strength and skill. He has it all. If he and Lukaku develop on a consistent basis, they would make a killer pair for the NT. That's exactly why I want Chelsea to go after him, if Falcao is unavailable. He's on a struggling team facing the drop and they could get him for a fraction of Falcao's potential fee.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
David Villa to Swansea in January, one can dream right?

Old
12-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Jp20

have you guys heard of anything involving sanchez going to tottenham or liverpool?

Old
12-19-2012, 02:20 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp20 View Post
have you guys heard of anything involving sanchez going to tottenham or liverpool?
I read somewhere that the move to Liverpool wasnt going to happen

Old
12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
David Villa to Swansea in January, one can dream right?
Villa-Michu would be awesome!

Old
12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Chelsea will be spending MASSIVE money this January.

Falcao, Fellaini, Moutinho all seem to be the names popping up the most.

I definitely believe the Falcao stuff, but Mou and Fellaini? Seems kind of odd.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:15 PM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Chelsea will be spending MASSIVE money this January.

Falcao, Fellaini, Moutinho all seem to be the names popping up the most.

I definitely believe the Falcao stuff, but Mou and Fellaini? Seems kind of odd.
Really?

This is a club that spent 50 million on one player.

I wouldn't put anything past them.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

- Striker. Priority number one. Torres is not cutting it (never did really). Falcao, Demba Ba, Cavani, Benteke, Jovetic, Mbokani are all names I've seen thrown around. Any of those would do really.
Mbokani sucks.

Closed Thread