HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears fall to 8-6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
  #951
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
They were getting pissy about the end of the second half and them not getting back to the line when they got the ball back with under a minute to go in the fourth.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
  #952
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
checkdown tice? that makes no sense. he's a horrible cooridinator, but it has nothing to do with checkdowns
I meant that he is overly conservative.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
  #953
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The booing there was from two things, well, at least around me: Tice and the offense's slow progression under a minute to go and the officiating.
Pretty much.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
  #954
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,643
vCash: 1
They're still complaining because they know this season's effectively become a lost cause and they're latching on to something to complain about that isn't them.

Everybody on that team should be talking like Marshall, not Urlacher, right now.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 01:28 PM
  #955
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
They're still complaining because they know this season's effectively become a lost cause and they're latching on to something to complain about that isn't them.

Everybody on that team should be talking like Marshall, not Urlacher, right now.
It's really pathetic. They are in the midst of a historic collapse and they can only whine about the fans? Really?!?

Sarava is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
  #956
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It's really pathetic. They are in the midst of a historic collapse and they can only whine about the fans? Really?!?
Exactly.

And people wonder why so many nationwide hate the Bears.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  #957
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,953
vCash: 500
win out is possible, make the POs too.

the big question:
Is it better to make the POs or not make them. Not making them is the end for Smith and a better pick. Make them gives us the chance to win the SB.
I hate a losing mentality, but like last year I think it is a win win situation. We, as fans, can't lose. We get to see 2 more Wins and a PO game or maybe even more. If not, we finally get some fresh blood and get rid of guys like Tice and Drake (that useless WR Coach)

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:44 PM
  #958
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
win out is possible, make the POs too.

the big question:
Is it better to make the POs or not make them. Not making them is the end for Smith and a better pick. Make them gives us the chance to win the SB. I hate a losing mentality, but like last year I think it is a win win situation. We, as fans, can't lose. We get to see 2 more Wins and a PO game or maybe even more. If not, we finally get some fresh blood and get rid of guys like Tice and Drake (that useless WR Coach)
If you believe the bold, then sorry, but you are delusional. This team ain't the Giants of the past few years. They are NOT going to win 3 straight road games and take this thing down.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
  #959
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Exactly.

And people wonder why so many nationwide hate the Bears.
I don't see nationwide hate for the Bears, more so for Cutler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
If you believe the bold, then sorry, but you are delusional. This team ain't the Giants of the past few years. They are NOT going to win 3 straight road games and take this thing down.
Agreed, they are not going anywhere.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
  #960
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
The Giants/Ravens game this week is the key for the Bears.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
  #961
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,121
vCash: 340
Not looking to beat a dead horse but ,,,,,,, They were talking on radio about the draft and it didn't inspire much faith in Emery when they broke down just how pathetic our most recent first rounder has performed

vs Packers early in year = 1.5 sacks + 1 solo tackle + 3 assisted tackles
10 other games = 1 sack + 5 solo tackles + 4 assisted tackles

11 games = 2.5 sacks + 6 solo tackles + 7 assisted tackles

No matter how you cut it ,, This was absolute waste of a quality pick

Prettty sad to see around the NFL that there are 2nd and 3rd round defensive players outperforming our 19th overall who looks at this point like one of the worst picks of draft

Infact digging deeper into draft there are several late round DE's playing on par with McClellin (Or better depending on your opinion)

DE Frank Alexander (Car 4th round pick)
14 games = 2.5 sacks + 8 solo tackles + 5 assisted tackles and 3 PD

DE Greg Scruggs (Sea 7th round pick)
8 games = 2 sacks + 4 solo tackles + 1 assisted tackle and 1 PD

Looks as bad as Angelo's 01 or 07 draft


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 12-19-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
  #962
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
Good lord, BWC. It's year one for these guys' development. You are quick to judge and make far too many reactionary posts.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:14 PM
  #963
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,121
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Good lord, BWC. It's year one for these guys' development. You are quick to judge and make far too many reactionary posts.
Hell of alot of development guys thru rest of round 1 , round 2 and round 3 all playing productive football in NFL this year despite needing "Development"

Emery blew it ,, Simple reality

19th overall pick unable to play at NFL level meanwhile there there are several guys making major contributions on NFL teams around league who were available at Bears spot...

This is Michael Haynes caliber bad pick

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
  #964
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
BWC, you don't win or lose a draft in year one. Long-tern is when you win or lose. I will use two examples on my own team. James Jones and Jordy Nelson didn't set the world on fire the first three years. What if our GM acted like you? They are exremely talented and beneficial pieces for us now and in the future. Give these guys time, man.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
  #965
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,121
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
BWC, you don't win or lose a draft in year one. Long-tern is when you win or lose. I will use two examples on my own team. James Jones and Jordy Nelson didn't set the world on fire the first three years. What if our GM acted like you? They are exremely talented and beneficial pieces for us now and in the future. Give these guys time, man.
Both Nelson and Jones played behind 2 #1 WR's (Driver and Jennings) ,, So them not breaking out at start of there careers wasn't a suprise

Both are also not 1st round picks ,, Nelson was a 2nd and Jones a 3rd rounder

Also both were productive depth WR's to begin with ,, McClellin cant play at NFL level

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:45 PM
  #966
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Both Nelson and Jones played behind 2 #1 WR's (Driver and Jennings) ,, So them not breaking out at start of there careers wasn't a suprise

Both are also not 1st round picks ,, Nelson was a 2nd and Jones a 3rd rounder

Also both were productive depth WR's to begin with ,, McClellin cant play at NFL level
God forbid the guy gets a few years to master the system and build some strength so he can become an adequate and full-time player on defense.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:00 PM
  #967
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 500
Why engage BWC? No one takes his opinion on any sport seriously. He's the Skip Bayless of the Hawks forums.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
  #968
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,121
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Why engage BWC? No one takes his opinion on any sport seriously. He's the Skip Bayless of the Hawks forums.
Ouch ,,,, Now that is a low blow

Just plain mean to compare someone to Skip Bayless

And I stated facts ,, McClellin has been awful and is on par/outplayed by late rounders

Horrendous value at #19 pick

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
  #969
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 772
At least Bayless speaks grammatically like English is his 1st language.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
  #970
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
At least Bayless speaks grammatically like English is his 1st language.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:42 PM
  #971
Kurtosis
Lolla Time
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 11,010
vCash: 500
So much hate. Can't lie and say it's not amusing though.

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:42 PM
  #972
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 772
I don't have any hate for BWC. Sometimes I just find the lack of pronouns and such to be a tad annoying.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
  #973
Kurtosis
Lolla Time
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 11,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I don't have any hate for BWC. Sometimes I just find the lack of pronouns and such to be a tad annoying.
Sometimes? I think it's a lot more often than that.

At least for me it is.

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
  #974
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
just to add, we passed on Chandler jones who not only would have fit our defense better, but is having a good year.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 12:26 AM
  #975
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Not looking to beat a dead horse but ,,,,,,, They were talking on radio about the draft and it didn't inspire much faith in Emery when they broke down just how pathetic our most recent first rounder has performed

vs Packers early in year = 1.5 sacks + 1 solo tackle + 3 assisted tackles
10 other games = 1 sack + 5 solo tackles + 4 assisted tackles

11 games = 2.5 sacks + 6 solo tackles + 7 assisted tackles

No matter how you cut it ,, This was absolute waste of a quality pick

Prettty sad to see around the NFL that there are 2nd and 3rd round defensive players outperforming our 19th overall who looks at this point like one of the worst picks of draft

Infact digging deeper into draft there are several late round DE's playing on par with McClellin (Or better depending on your opinion)

DE Frank Alexander (Car 4th round pick)
14 games = 2.5 sacks + 8 solo tackles + 5 assisted tackles and 3 PD

DE Greg Scruggs (Sea 7th round pick)
8 games = 2 sacks + 4 solo tackles + 1 assisted tackle and 1 PD

Looks as bad as Angelo's 01 or 07 draft
It's amazing how quickly you want to judge someones entire career based on part of their rookie season.

Imagine if we did that with everyone. Peyton Mannining, bust of a QB and one of the worst picks ever, more INTs then TDs, and could barely win a game. What a horrible pick. That is 1 of 10,000s of players who didn't have a great rookie year but had a good career, could easily happen here.

Plus if you want to judge people based on being out played by a later round pick every GM but NE is a total moron because Brady drafted in the 6th round is one of the 10 best QBs of all time, FIRE THEM ALL!

Plus we don't know why he drafted him, maybe he drafted McClellin with the idea of moving to a 3-4 next year where he would make a perfect 3-4 OLB. Maybe he knew it would take 2-3 years but he saw he could become a great player.

But you don't want to five him that chance you want to judge an possible 10+ year career on 11 games as a rookie. Judge the whole book not the first paragraph.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.