HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2012, 07:46 AM
  #101
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,782
vCash: 500
EDIT: Flyers have completed their two major trades for the season.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:57 AM
  #102
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
With the amount of simming that's going to be done (and therefore injuries), I predict there will be many many cpu waiver issues. Everyone should keep the rosters to a minimum to try and mitigate some of the computer stupidity with who they send down and such.
Yes I forgot to mention, like Noexult said.

They will be turned off immediatly before I sim, and then turned off again after the sim.

This will prevent any stupidity by the CPU.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:59 AM
  #103
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Trade to announce:

to

B. Coburn (27, LH-DFD, 85 ov.)
D. Briere (35, RW-PLY, 84 ov.)
S. Hartnell (30, LW-PWF, 84 ov.)

to

D. Kulikov (21, LH-TWD, 83, 4.0*)
J. Huberdeau (19, LW-PLY, 69, 4.5)
J. Wright (22, C-TWF, 72, 2.5*)

Confirmed.

Please send in game so I can accept!

Good looking trade right there! Two clear directions each franchise is going in!

Cheers guys.




Also confirmed:

To
C. Ward
J. Jokinen

To
S. Mason
RJ Umberger
T. Kubalik
2013 3rd Round Pick


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:47 AM
  #104
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
We are aiming for 8pm EST for tonights first block to be simmed, then the league will be live and the new block will be playable (3 Days)!


Good luck guys.



Projected Schedule:

Block 1: Starts: Weds December 19th @ 9pm EST Ends: Saturday December 22nd @ 6:30pm EST
Block 2: Starts: Saturday December 22nd @ 6:30pm EST Ends: Tuesday December 25th @ 6:30pm EST
Block 3: Starts: Tuesday December 25th @ 6:30pm EST Ends: Friday December 28th @ 8:00pm EST
Block 4: Starts: Friday December 28th @ 8:00pm EST Ends: Monday December 31st @ 8:00pm EST
and so on....


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.
ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
  #105
Beardfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Waivers is ON.

We are using this as a form for some teams to be able to dump contracts if they wish to do so.

So be careful as to who you send down and recall!

My only concern would be the moves the AI makes for us mid-block after injuries in playable games. For instance, if a team like the the Isles has some injuries in a played game, after the CPU executes the 'best lines' algorithm to fill the spots, maybe a guy like Joensuu gets called up and is subjected to re-entry waivers. Don't have to tell you how many claims would be put in.

Not really sure how to prevent this... Perhaps a rule where only players who have reached their potential (white stars) are eligible to be claimed?

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:26 AM
  #106
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardfish View Post
My only concern would be the moves the AI makes for us mid-block after injuries in playable games. For instance, if a team like the the Isles has some injuries in a played game, after the CPU executes the 'best lines' algorithm to fill the spots, maybe a guy like Joensuu gets called up and is subjected to re-entry waivers. Don't have to tell you how many claims would be put in.

Not really sure how to prevent this... Perhaps a rule where only players who have reached their potential (white stars) are eligible to be claimed?
The AI doesn't call up players to fill in. It will use defenseman to fill forward spots. If you don't have enough players, it will register an error when you try to start a game, and prompt you to fix your rosters.

If someone goes through who obviously shouldn't, we can address that when the time comes. It's probably easier to do on a case-by-case basis than create a bunch of rules. After all, some people will want players to be claimed to free up contract spots, so they might put someone with some POT left through.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
  #107
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The AI doesn't call up players to fill in. It will use defenseman to fill forward spots. If you don't have enough players, it will register an error when you try to start a game, and prompt you to fix your rosters.

If someone goes through who obviously shouldn't, we can address that when the time comes. It's probably easier to do on a case-by-case basis than create a bunch of rules. After all, some people will want players to be claimed to free up contract spots, so they might put someone with some POT left through.

I believe this to be the case as well Beardfish.

If you are are carrying at least 2 extra bodies on your roster at all times, it seems as if they are the ones to fill those injury voids.

I believe if there are no further reserves on the roster I believe the same situation Jack laid out is the case.


IF for some reason that isn't the case and someone like Joensuu is placed on waivers, then we can deal with it at that point.


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.
ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:41 AM
  #108
Beardfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Didn't realize that! My mistake, in that case it sounds like a very positive change.

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:16 PM
  #109
TheLund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post

Van Riemsdyk
Gardiner


Eberle
Gagner
Marincin
Conditional 1st round pick (Condition being if the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs the pick is a 1st, but if they don't the pick becomes a 2nd.)
Confirmed.

Sending you the offer with the 1st round pick in there.


Last edited by TheLund: 12-19-2012 at 12:36 PM.
TheLund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  #110
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post

Van Riemsdyk
Gardiner


Eberle
Gagner
Marincin
Conditional 1st round pick (Condition being if the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs the pick is a 1st, but if they don't the pick becomes a 2nd.)


Confirmed.

Trade looks good to me.



On a side note, the ONLY two conditions for draft picks I will be accepting in trades are;

1) Conditional on Playoffs. (ie. 1st becomes a 2nd)
2) Top 5 Protected.

I will not be taking anymore variances of these "conditional" picks.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
  #111
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,782
vCash: 500
We have (another) trade to announce:

to
P. Kubina (35, RH-DFD, 83)
J. Lehtivouri (24, LH-OFD, 54, 3.0*)

to
S. Matthias (24, C-PWF, 76, 3.5)
J. Madden (39, C-GRN, 75)

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
  #112
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
We have (another) trade to announce:

to
P. Kubina (35, RH-DFD, 83)
J. Lehtivouri (24, LH-OFD, 54, 3.0*)

to
S. Matthias (24, C-PWF, 76, 3.5)
J. Madden (39, C-GRN, 75)

It is my understanding that Florida has confirmed this deal as well.

This deal is confirmed.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:16 PM
  #113
Claytoon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
DET would love to make another trade for forwards everyone on my roster is available

Claytoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #114
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Welcome Vodkanator!

He has taken our last team, New Jersey.

I have linked his profile to the home page.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  #115
Firefoxx
Registered User
 
Firefoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
We have (another) trade to announce:

to
P. Kubina (35, RH-DFD, 83)
J. Lehtivouri (24, LH-OFD, 54, 3.0*)

to
S. Matthias (24, C-PWF, 76, 3.5)
J. Madden (39, C-GRN, 75)
Confirmed. Florida is pumped to have a solid veteran addition to its team in Kubina!

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:25 PM
  #116
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
These trades also need to happen, so could everyone please make these offers in game;



- Michal Rozsival will go to the Chicago Blackhawks to reflect his recent signing.

- Carlo Colaiacovo will go to the Detroit Red Wings to reflect his recent signing. St.Louis must trade him to Detroit for a 7th.

- Columbus Blue Jackets will be rewarded 1st Round Picks in 2013 from the New York Rangers and Los Angelas Kings to reflect their recent acquisitions. These 1st round picks must be traded to Columbus for a 7th.

- If a team cannot fit any of those players under cap, it is their responsibilty to shed cap any way they can to fit that piece into their contract total. They will NOT be forced to acquire that player tho. They can decide to leave the player on its original roster.


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-19-2012 at 03:35 PM.
ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
  #117
nuge2hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Is it possible to extend the first 3 blocks to four days to accommodate people's holiday plans?
I know we talked about possibly slowing the sched and wonder how everyone feels about it.
Or even just a block 2 + 3 one day extension

nuge2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:40 PM
  #118
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 400
surprisingly tepid response to Price being on the block...

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
  #119
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 500
After a review, and have come to agree on some changes to their recently proposed trade:

From
D. Legwand
M. Halischuk
R. Ellis
1st 2014

From
T. Myers
J. Hecht
Tarnasky


Last edited by noexult: 12-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.
noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
  #120
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
After a review, and have come to agree on some changes to their recently proposed trade:

From
D. Legwand
M. Halischuk
R. Ellis
1st 2014

From
T. Myers
J. Hecht
M. Ellis
Confirmed

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #121
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
After a review, and have come to agree on some changes to their recently proposed trade:

From
D. Legwand
M. Halischuk
R. Ellis
1st 2014

From
T. Myers
J. Hecht
M. Ellis
wtf that trade has 6 players in it and 7 pieces in it. No way this should go through.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
  #122
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
wtf that trade has 6 players in it and 7 pieces in it. No way this should go through.

In the rules I stated there would be "exceptions" to exceeding the player limit for "throw ins" to even out contracts.

There are two questions I have to look at;

1) Is Ryan Ellis still considered a prospect? Is his role defined as "NHL" player. But he's not. He is listed as a Minor Top 4. That means he's still a prospect. This is a non issue.



So the only issue with this is;
2) Matt Ellis - Is he technically a "throw in". I am not overly familiar with this player, but if he's not exactly a throw in, this may need to be tweaked again. I will take a look shortly.



But regardless, it sounds as if Matt Ellis has changed to Tarnasky, a "useless filler'. So this deal will be approved.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
  #123
bootsgaudet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
its because price sucks

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM
  #124
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
In the rules I stated there would be "exceptions" to exceeding the player limit for "throw ins" to even out contracts.

There are two questions I have to look at;

1) Is Ryan Ellis still considered a prospect? Is his role defined as "NHL" player. But he's not. He is listed as a Minor Top 4. That means he's still a prospect. This is a non issue.



So the only issue with this is;
2) Matt Ellis - Is he technically a "throw in". I am not overly familiar with this player, but if he's not exactly a throw in, this may need to be tweaked again. I will take a look shortly.



But regardless, it sounds as if Matt Ellis has changed to Tarnasky, a "useless filler'. So this deal will be approved.
I thought Ryan Ellis was a higher overall, but now it looks like the trade is fine.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:23 PM
  #125
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Looking for a top 4 left handed d with potential. Something akin to alzner.


ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.