Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Don't trade them, simple.

If they don't want to play they can sit. If you give in you are screwed, certainly if you succumb before(if?) you put in a new top-notch management team....

Old
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post

If they don't want to play they can sit. If you give in you are screwed, certainly if you succumb before(if?) you put in a new top-notch management team....
So don't trade them, they go home and dont play, making things all the worse for the Petes being without their top players and getting nothing in return. Genius plan.

They screwed themselves when they let Puempel go for cheap, alonf with the others last year and the year prior who asked out and they let them walk for cheap.

Can't blame the players for not wanting to play for a dive of an organization. Peterborough is pathetic right now from a management standpoint.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
So don't trade them, they go home and dont play, making things all the worse for the Petes being without their top players and getting nothing in return. Genius plan.

They screwed themselves when they let Puempel go for cheap, alonf with the others last year and the year prior who asked out and they let them walk for cheap.

Can't blame the players for not wanting to play for a dive of an organization. Peterborough is pathetic right now from a management standpoint.
So letting these players go "on the cheap" also is the right thing to do? If they want to continue there hockey careers they will play. If not, stay at home. You can't operate with a gun to your head all the time.....

Old
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

Quote:

So what you going to do if half the team asks? Sit them all LOL Cuz rumour has it there's more that want out. Unless some MAJOR changes happen, who on earth wants to go there?
This should be HUGE eye opener for an already blind Board who have been running the Petes way too long. Time for owners to buy this joke of a franchise as their new GM / Coaching staff of almost 3 years ago haven't made it any better unfortunately.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I have to imagine Quine will be in the AHL next year, as he played a handful of games for Grand Rapids last year so the Wings must feel he is advanced enough.
The problem is that GR will have TON of forwards next year who should be getting top6 ice time.

Tatar
Järnkrok
Pulkkinen
Jurco
Ferraro
Sheahan
Tvrdon
Frk.

Frk may go back but it doesn't seem like it. Some may surprise and enter the big show.

Either some need to go to Europe or some kids have to still play in Juniors, imo. There has to be some vets in the mix too.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Devastating but not unexpected news for the Peterborough Petes.

Old
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
The problem is that GR will have TON of forwards next year who should be getting top6 ice time.

Tatar
Järnkrok
Pulkkinen
Jurco
Ferraro
Sheahan
Tvrdon
Frk.

Frk may go back but it doesn't seem like it. Some may surprise and enter the big show.

Either some need to go to Europe or some kids have to still play in Juniors, imo. There has to be some vets in the mix too.
I agree I think Quine plays in the O next yr in a place that will further develop him for Detriot

Old
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPetes View Post
So what you going to do if half the team asks? Sit them all LOL Cuz rumour has it there's more that want out. Unless some MAJOR changes happen, who on earth wants to go there?
This should be HUGE eye opener for an already blind Board who have been running the Petes way too long. Time for owners to buy this joke of a franchise as their new GM / Coaching staff of almost 3 years ago haven't made it any better unfortunately.
You have to think Cornel and family are kicking themselves for going to the Petes......

Old
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
https://twitter.com/MarkEdwardsHP/st...05255570608128

Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP
As I tweeted earlier, no #Petes players have asked for a trade at this time. Rumours about 3 players doing so are false. #OHL

Old
12-19-2012, 08:18 AM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

I wouldn't believe that they are false rumours at all.

Ironically in today's LFP its talks about KoekKoek being a possible Knight... last time that happened it was about Austin Watson from the Petes and you got Watson for CHEAP! That won't ever happen again unless Petes are locking the doors and throwing away the key, but word is Watson and KK have same Agent...Hmmmm so maybe Hunters will make another deal?

Forget Quine London unless you want issues... beauty puck handler BUT will he pass the puck? Not a TEAM player. Ritchie... no idea, depends if he feels like skating today or not.

Mathers would be an asset to the Knights, they could use a big aggressive forward, and will fight when needed, has improved his play and skating as well as a team player on and off the ice.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
You have to think Cornel and family are kicking themselves for going to the Petes......
You think the Petes are kicking themselves for drafting him!

Old
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Come deadline time I see only these four players possibly being moved in Saginaw:

1) Vincent Trocheck
2) Garret Ross
3) Ramon Lopez
4) Jacob Ringuette

So what does everyone think the return on Trocheck and Ross would be? Or would the price be to high for Trocheck?

Old
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
You think the Petes are kicking themselves for drafting him!
I don't think they are kicking themselves at all. Eric is going to be a great player in this league. He's playing on the 4th line. The kid needs the opportunity to play and under this coach it will never happen

Old
12-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Come deadline time I see only these four players possibly being moved in Saginaw:

1) Vincent Trocheck
2) Garret Ross
3) Ramon Lopez
4) Jacob Ringuette

So what does everyone think the return on Trocheck and Ross would be? Or would the price be to high for Trocheck?
Saginaw holds a huge chip in Trochek. I think the price will be four good assets. By good assets, I mean 2nd and 3rd round picks or 95 or 96 born players with above average upside. These four assets can be grouped in any permutation, but an example would be:

- two 2nds, a 3rd and a 17-year-old who is already a regular and expected to be a nucleus guy.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Saginaw holds a huge chip in Trochek. I think the price will be four good assets. By good assets, I mean 2nd and 3rd round picks or 95 or 96 born players with above average upside. These four assets can be grouped in any permutation, but an example would be:

- two 2nds, a 3rd and a 17-year-old who is already a regular and expected to be a nucleus guy.
Max you will get for Trochek would be two 2nds and a decent roster player, either a 95 or 94 back. Anything beyond that would be way overpayment, although you never know who's desperate enough.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I agree I think Quine plays in the O next yr in a place that will further develop him for Detriot
Sarnia? Windsor? Plymouth? All three nice and close for DET to watch over him

Old
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
I don't think they are kicking themselves at all. Eric is going to be a great player in this league. He's playing on the 4th line. The kid needs the opportunity to play and under this coach it will never happen
Seems to be in a similar position as Ryan Kujawinski last year but without the depth that Sarnia had last year.

The Petes picked Cornel knowing he would take some time to develop

Old
12-19-2012, 06:55 PM
GangGreen

Isn't it about time the OHL allowed trading of first round picks again? Considering the Q and Dub both allow it, it leaves a competitive disadvantage when it comes to acquiring assets for a Memorial Cup run. As well, rebuilding or habitually struggling teams could draft more talented players in return for trading their stars.
It seems to me it would help a team like Peterborough considerably if they could trade Koekkoek or Quine and receive a late round 1st rounder in return.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Isn't it about time the OHL allowed trading of first round picks again? Considering the Q and Dub both allow it, it leaves a competitive disadvantage when it comes to acquiring assets for a Memorial Cup run. As well, rebuilding or habitually struggling teams could draft more talented players in return for trading their stars.
It seems to me it would help a team like Peterborough considerably if they could trade Koekkoek or Quine and receive a late round 1st rounder in return.
I like the rule that prevents the trading of first round picks. It goes a long way in saving teams from themselves and keeping parity in the league.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I like the rule that prevents the trading of first round picks. It goes a long way in saving teams from themselves and keeping parity in the league.
This. I love that Niagara at least still has a 1st rounder every year to look forward to.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:40 AM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

Petes have fired Mike Pelino.
Jody Hull to take over.

Merry Christmas everyone in Peterborough!!!

Old
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPetes View Post
Petes have fired Mike Pelino.
Jody Hull to take over.

Merry Christmas everyone in Peterborough!!!
Haha another GM Change how many more in the next two years 5/6 I mean hire a gm that knows what they are doing and get the Pete's back to its good and historic franchise that it once was...its just bad trade after bad trade coming out of Peterbourgh last 2 years or so, it's time to build thru the draft.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:07 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
No it doesn't, it allows the "have" teams to bulk up for playoff runs and protect their best future assets. If London had to surrender a 1st round pick for Austin Watson would that not help parity more by giving the Petes a better asset for the future while hindering a more developed club? It's the teams that struggle that need these picks and the rule prevents them from acquiring them in trade. Pretty dumb.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
No it doesn't, it allows the "have" teams to bulk up for playoff runs and protect their best future assets. If London had to surrender a 1st round pick for Austin Watson would that not help parity more by giving the Petes a better asset for the future while hindering a more developed club? It's the teams that struggle that need these picks and the rule prevents them from acquiring them in trade. Pretty dumb.
We agree 100% on this. The inability to trade 1st round picks prevents more trades from happening. Would you rather trade your best asset for a 1st round pick that is 15th or 16th or trade for a 2nd round pick which could be 37th or 38th? There's a big difference between those 20 spots in the draft. Instead of an organization loading up on 2nd round picks and making trades look very lopsided you can get deals that look at least fair. It's comical how people talk about lopsided deals in other leagues but at least those teams are gettign 1st round picks which could be good value. Dealing a top player and receiving a 2nd rounder in 2016 doesn't impress me much.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:15 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Well put.

Closed Thread