HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
I would take these two with Risto as my first choice:

10 Rasmus Ristolainen D 10/27/94 R 6.04 207 TPS Turku FinE
11 Nikita Zadorov D 04/15/95 L 6.05.25 230 London OHL

I would be fine with Pulock as well.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:15 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
we have zero top end prospects period.
We don't even have depth prospects. Beyond Laughton, Cousins, and Gostisbehere, everyone is basically a project/longshot.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post

Zadorov just got released from the Russian WJC team. Not that it should mean too much from a draft standpoint, just something to consider.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Zadorov just got released from the Russian WJC team. Not that it should mean too much from a draft standpoint, just something to consider.
Yeah, but you have to take into account that he's younger than other defensemen on the roster. Those guys also play in the KHL, so I don't think this is saying he's not good. I think Russia just has good depth on defense this year, and you also never know whether there's an anti-CHL bias.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, but you have to take into account that he's younger than other defensemen on the roster. Those guys also play in the KHL, so I don't think this is saying he's not good. I think Russia just has good depth on defense this year, and you also never know whether there's an anti-CHL bias.
The one thing I like about Risto is, that LAST WJC he was one of the teams top defenders. Thats pretty damn good. I just like how he is consistently good, big body, skates well and plays good defense and offense. Isn't going to skate around the whole other team and rip shots into the net all game long as a defender, but consistent, good defenders are the type of defenders I like.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The one thing I like about Risto is, that LAST WJC he was one of the teams top defenders. Thats pretty damn good. I just like how he is consistently good, big body, skates well and plays good defense and offense. Isn't going to skate around the whole other team and rip shots into the net all game long as a defender, but consistent, good defenders are the type of defenders I like.
Agreed, he played really well last year. He wasn't as dominant as, say, Hakanpää, but he definitely held his own while being younger than the rest. So I wouldn't mind getting him as our draft pick one bit, either.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
outside of the top 5 or so I know very little about the rest of that group of prospects. Not going to even pretend to know. But as I have said before we need to draft defense early and often.
yes I know our history. But this organization has ZERO top end defensive propects.
If the org is considerably more confident both scouting and developing forwards (particuliarly centers) - which I suspect they are, due to track record - then I would really never want them to draft anyone else... that is what trades were made for, imo. Just get Nash and some other teams who did better with dmen on speed dial.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post

Switch Zadorov out for Nurse, and I'd agree with you.

Whomever the Flyers settle on, they need to have good puck skills. We can't rely on Mez, Coburn, Grossmann, and Schenn to quarterback the power-play once Kimmo retires. Gustafsson and/or Gostisbehere might surprise, but even then you'd like an insurance policy.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post

Whomever the Flyers settle on, they need to have good puck skills. We can't rely on Mez, Coburn, Grossmann, and Schenn to quarterback the power-play once Kimmo retires. Gustafsson and/or Gostisbehere might surprise, but even then you'd like an insurance policy.
I cant see Ghost leaving until he graduates, so he's at least 2 years away, so I agree with you there. Gotta wonder how much Kimo has in him left.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Anyone know if there are any streams for the Phantoms game tonight? I couldn't find any, will have to settle for the radio broadcast otherwise

Old
12-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
I cant see Ghost leaving until he graduates, so he's at least 2 years away, so I agree with you there. Gotta wonder how much Kimo has in him left.
Summary: We are in big, big trouble starting next season depending on the eventual restrictiveness of the CBA. We have very little in the way if projectable improvement in our defense. Weber wru

Old
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Summary: We are in big, big trouble starting next season depending on the eventual restrictiveness of the CBA. We have very little in the way if projectable improvement in our defense. Weber wru
Thats where I am on the side of picking a d-men this draft. Yea, we draft forwards pretty well, and I am on the side of picking the BPA, I do think SOME need should be considered when making the pick. There some real good defenders in this draft that I wouldnt mind grabbing.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Depends. We'll see how the WJC goes for him and how far he progresses afterwards. If he shows any sign of being NHL ready in the next two years, I think he will be on the Flyers.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post

Nurse is very good. His offensive game is developing too. Long and rangy. McNabb's nephew.

Josh Morrissey from Prince Albert is one of the best offensive defensemen in the draft.

Shea Theodore from Seattle is also supposed to be very good offensively and looks like he could go in the late 1st- Mid 2nd.

Madison Bowey is another D from the Dub. Plays for Kelowna.

Quote:
I would be shocked if he stays all 4 years. You can say he's undersized, but focusing full time on hockey can only help in that regard. Especially in the AHL where they really only play on the weekends. And I doubt the Flyers want his development to stagnate playing 4 years in the ECAC. He's going to need to challenge himself. If he finishes around a PPG, I wouldn't be shocked if he signed after this year. Although next year seems more likely IMO.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Phantoms beat the Ice Caps 3-2 tonight.

Schenn scored the game winner in the 3rd (even strength I think).

Couturier with 2 assists.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Nurse is very good. His offensive game is developing too. Long and rangy. McNabb's nephew.

Josh Morrissey from Prince Albert is one of the best offensive defensemen in the draft.

Shea Theodore from Seattle is also supposed to be very good offensively and looks like he could go in the late 1st- Mid 2nd.

Madison Bowey is another D from the Dub. Plays for Kelowna.

I would be shocked if he stays all 4 years. You can say he's undersized, but focusing full time on hockey can only help in that regard. Especially in the AHL where they really only play on the weekends. And I doubt the Flyers want his development to stagnate playing 4 years in the ECAC. He's going to need to challenge himself. If he finishes around a PPG, I wouldn't be shocked if he signed after this year. Although next year seems more likely IMO.
It seems that he also cares about his education. I don't know his exact major, but he is majoring in engineering which is a pretty hard subject. I can't see him just leaving college after choosing something like that, even if its the NHL.

Like you said though he is undersized a lot. Staying two more years after this I dont think is out of the question. He is 19 now, now and has 2 more years.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:47 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
we have zero top end prospects period.
I'd make arguments for Cousins, Laughton and Ghost but other than that your 100 % correct.

Granted some of the projects could turn into something (Rinaldo as hated as he is was a sixth rounder) but I won't hold my breath for any superstars. I'm still surprised that Gustaffson and Bourdon look like legitimate NHL players.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:04 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
It seems that he also cares about his education. I don't know his exact major, but he is majoring in engineering which is a pretty hard subject. I can't see him just leaving college after choosing something like that, even if its the NHL.

Like you said though he is undersized a lot. Staying two more years after this I dont think is out of the question. He is 19 now, now and has 2 more years.
You have to remember he went into college as an undrafted guy. He had to have a backup plan in case hockey didn't work out. I'm not going to pretend to know what his mindset is, but I think he would seriously have to consider making the jump to pro if the Flyers feel he is ready.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I'd make arguments for Cousins, Laughton and Ghost but other than that your 100 % correct.

Granted some of the projects could turn into something (Rinaldo as hated as he is was a sixth rounder) but I won't hold my breath for any superstars. I'm still surprised that Gustaffson and Bourdon look like legitimate NHL players.

I think you may be able to make the case for Cousins, but I think calling Laughton and Ghost "top-end prospects" may be stretching it.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
You have to remember he went into college as an undrafted guy. He had to have a backup plan in case hockey didn't work out. I'm not going to pretend to know what his mindset is, but I think he would seriously have to consider making the jump to pro if the Flyers feel he is ready.
Plus, all the engineering majors I know find the work to be REALLY hard and quite miserable. I mean, they enjoy it when they get to do some hands on engineering, but the math and work involved is grueling. I know I'd rather play in the NHL than do take another math/physics test

Old
12-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Thats where I am on the side of picking a d-men this draft. Yea, we draft forwards pretty well, and I am on the side of picking the BPA, I do think SOME need should be considered when making the pick. There some real good defenders in this draft that I wouldnt mind grabbing.
I personally like how the Flyers drafted last year: take the best offensive player in the 1st and load up on defensemen later. Defensemen are way too hard to predict. Many times the best ones are taken after the 1st round. Seldom are great offensive players taken after the 1st 15 picks, let alone aft the 1st round. This draft is being compared to 2003 as far as talent level and depth. The best dman that year was taken in the 2nd round in Shea Weber. I say take the best forward in the 1st and draft 4 or 5 dmen after.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post

Yes, but like someone has pointed out previous, those guys aren't top-end prospects. Sure, they could amount into a top 6 or top 4 role, but that is far from guaranteed

Our entire prospect pool is full of make-or-break projects with Cousins currently on the right track

Old
12-20-2012, 10:56 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Titans stayed hot last night, as did Noebels. Johnston was supposedly called up to ADK (as per ECHL transaction page) yesterday morning, but was still attending last night's game. They have two road games in Indiana this weekend, I expect Hovinen to get one of them after Sunday's great start.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:55 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Titans stayed hot last night, as did Noebels. Johnston was supposedly called up to ADK (as per ECHL transaction page) yesterday morning, but was still attending last night's game. They have two road games in Indiana this weekend, I expect Hovinen to get one of them after Sunday's great start.
Assuming the lockout continues i think Noebels will be a phantom as soon as next year. if not for his growing pains in November he'd be leading the team in pts imo, being as though he's currently only 3 pts behind Bohmbach for the team lead now.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:08 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Phantoms beat the Ice Caps 3-2 tonight.

Schenn scored the game winner in the 3rd (even strength I think).

Couturier with 2 assists.

Highlights: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6421

Nice shot by Schenn on his tally and great assist by Couts on the Wellwood goal.

Closed Thread