HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Caps

Old
12-19-2012, 12:12 PM
showtime8

vCash: 500
The Oilers need to get a defense to play in front of a goalie first and then Dubnyk will look like a good goaltender.

DD is actually a remarkably good young goaltender. He won't get any praise because his team hasn't been good for a couple of years. He's just coming into his prime age for a goaltender and will be good in 2 years. He also posted very reasonable numbers for a bottom team.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Nobody cares about Edmonton.Are you kidding me Booyakasha?,when you say nobody cares about a city your basically including yourself in that statement.It's as clear as can be that he doesn't want to be in Edmonton ever.
I honestly thought you were playing and were having fun with innocent trolling before, but judging by this post..
Petro Points has it correct, ..maybe you should check out the entire interview with Schnieder and the context that quote was used before posting ignorant comments about a situation that is simply NOT true.

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:28 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The Oilers need to get a defense to play in front of a goalie first and then Dubnyk will look like a good goaltender.

DD is actually a remarkably good young goaltender. He won't get any praise because his team hasn't been good for a couple of years. He's just coming into his prime age for a goaltender and will be good in 2 years. He also posted very reasonable numbers for a bottom team.
Whenever he gives up a bad goal (Maybe 2 every 3 games) people get so frustrated and assume this guy is a complete idiot.

On top of that the TV even suggests that Edmonton needs a better goalie... but really, what could Quick or Luongo do to get the Oilers into the playoffs?

Yes, Edmonton needs a better defense in front of their goalie. If we could add 1 more quality 1 four d-man to play with Scultz, then I think I'd be pretty happy. Petry-Smid/ Scultz-New guy/ Whitney-N Schultz would surely get things done for top 3 pairings.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:40 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^lol, and you wonder why most of Canada was cheering for the Bruins in the cup finals a few years ago? the funniest thing about that statement is that nobody cares about Vancouver either! i hope Schneider gets absolutely shelled in Vancouver, especially without Luongo around to save his bacon!
Living in Vancouver and I'm dying to see this happen.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Well,here's a question for you,what are you supposed to do on a hockey site when there's no hockey?

My answer

Post wacky NHL proposals
Like I said. Im rooting for you

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
This is why i love him so much, we share the same opinion
Clearly you don't give a lick otherwise you would be making some smart alecky comment in every Oilers-related thread you can find just to fish for a reaction. That isn't sad.

Oh wait...

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Whenever he gives up a bad goal (Maybe 2 every 3 games) people get so frustrated and assume this guy is a complete idiot.

On top of that the TV even suggests that Edmonton needs a better goalie... but really, what could Quick or Luongo do to get the Oilers into the playoffs?

Yes, Edmonton needs a better defense in front of their goalie. If we could add 1 more quality 1 four d-man to play with Scultz, then I think I'd be pretty happy. Petry-Smid/ Scultz-New guy/ Whitney-N Schultz would surely get things done for top 3 pairings.
Dubnyk doesn't give up a bad goal in 2 of every 3 games. He let in way too many in the first half of last season, but cut it down tremendously in the second half. But, it has blown completely out of proportion by Oiler fans, especially those on HF.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote