HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout talk thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2012, 05:43 PM
  #1
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,047
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Lockout talk thread

Late in the game, but I don't want to see multiple threads get derailed.

Heaton is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
  #2
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,357
vCash: 500
I don't get the feeling they have been very confident in Detroit that a season would be played this year. I think that is the Devellano comments in frustration. Some of the actions the way they outlined options to season ticket holders seemed to indicate this as well. Guys like Zetterberg who I absolutely believe has contact with the team shipped overseas sooner than expected. I know they are not completely connected but you also have Ilitch spending even more money on the Tigers. I know he wants to win a World Series and spends on them anyway but I think some of this is money he just isn't spending on the Wings now and more freed up as this went along.

Also I know the timing on the stadium had to be pushed through before the end of the year, but I find it interesting he hammered through before talks got really ugly again. I don't think Ilitch is a big Bettman fan and we know he doesn't like Jacobs. But some of what is happening looks like the organization is resigned to the fact this is not going to go well. Now some of you want Ilitch to speak up or the organization to speak up. But what we know is Dolan has been punished for doing that, the Leafs were punished after the last lockout and Jacobs won their power struggle back when Ilitch was interested in being the top dog. The rest is history, why burn bridges before your son or daughter takes over the team. I don't know what he can really honestly do while in failing health to correct this situation.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
  #3
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Red Wings can start charging Columbus Blue Jacket or Phoenix Coyote like prices if they want a Columbus Blue Jacket or Phoenix Coyote like like payroll.


I wonder how a guy like Zetterberg, who signed the hometown discount at a lower cap hit to stay in Detroit, feels about this BS. Or Johan Franzen.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 06:21 PM
  #4
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
And the PA says everyone is united, too. There's no evidence that Ilitch is for the lockout other than PR ********.
The vote was 30-0.
It's also true that Ilitch was considered a Hawk in the first Bettman lockout.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #5
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?
 
Townsend Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dan's House
Country: Norway
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
The winter classic and possible conference realignment on the horizon made it really hard for the red wings brass to make any waves in the board room this time around.

Even if they wanted to, they had way too much to lose by pissing off the hardliners and the comish.

Townsend Beasley is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:34 PM
  #6
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townsend Beasley View Post
The winter classic and possible conference realignment on the horizon made it really hard for the red wings brass to make any waves in the board room this time around.

Even if they wanted to, they had way too much to lose by pissing off the hardliners and the comish.
Meh. As one of the biggest spenders in the league, im sure the wings brass(Illitch) doesnt want to send teams like Columbus and Nashville a part of his earnings because they cant earn money. Yet, teams that "struggle", can afford to sign Shea Weber's contract.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
  #7
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Red Wings can start charging Columbus Blue Jacket or Phoenix Coyote like prices if they want a Columbus Blue Jacket or Phoenix Coyote like like payroll.


I wonder how a guy like Zetterberg, who signed the hometown discount at a lower cap hit to stay in Detroit, feels about this BS. Or Johan Franzen.
What? They made massive offers to Parise and Suter. Ilitch isn't penny-pinching, they just didn't get the guys they wanted.

Ricelund is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:45 PM
  #8
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
What? They made massive offers to Parise and Suter. Ilitch isn't penny-pinching, they just didn't get the guys they wanted.
And some people told us were coming


The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:52 PM
  #9
guinness
those were the days
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Missoula, Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,260
vCash: 500
I'm beyond the point of even caring. Just cancel the season, and make the NHL even more irrelevant.

Part of it is that I'm out in the California boonies for this lockout, but now that I'm older, I don't see the point in picking sides of millionaires vs billionaires. The only people suffering are the workers at the rink, the bars/restaurants around the arenas; the players and owners can go fish.

guinness is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:01 PM
  #10
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?
 
Townsend Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dan's House
Country: Norway
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Meh. As one of the biggest spenders in the league, im sure the wings brass(Illitch) doesnt want to send teams like Columbus and Nashville a part of his earnings because they cant earn money. Yet, teams that "struggle", can afford to sign Shea Weber's contract.
Its not about illitch's money in this case, its about not pissing off the people who are going to vote on conference realignment.

Its about maximizing the winter classic in every way for a state that could use the economic boom.

Townsend Beasley is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 09:10 PM
  #11
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
What? They made massive offers to Parise and Suter. Ilitch isn't penny-pinching, they just didn't get the guys they wanted.
Who said he's penny pinching
I'm saying, if he wants to cancel another season for salary parity, he needs to start thinking about ticket price parity.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 10:10 PM
  #12
zombi
I D D Q D
 
zombi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
This is getting really bad for me.

From September through Novemeber, I had my wedding and the Tigers to keep my mind off hockey. Honestly, it didn't really bother me all that much.

But now, it's getting really bad. I hate the Pistons and the Lions are no fun to watch.

I really miss hockey man.....help....please...

zombi is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 11:00 PM
  #13
Capsized
Parity is a Disease
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
I hope they miss next year too. Let it burn for all I care. The Wings suck now any way and they will never be great again due to parity. Go Tigers! At least in baseball an owner can decide to make a run at a championship and actually be able to do something about it.

Capsized is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 11:05 PM
  #14
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
The 50ish game season should help the wings. I thought they were a fringe playoff team with a full regular season, but 50 games will benefit an older team.

Lockout years are very random.

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM
  #15
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Nice one.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
  #16
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
As Bettman continues to go one step further to assure there is no hockey this year, one can assume there will be no hockey.

As a Detroit native, I would assume GR Griffins would come down to the Joe and play a few games?

Hockey starved thats all

Huddy* is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
  #17
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
As Bettman continues to go one step further to assure there is no hockey this year, one can assume there will be no hockey.

As a Detroit native, I would assume GR Griffins would come down to the Joe and play a few games?

Hockey starved thats all
They would have had to schedule that before the season, they have contracts that bind them as well. I am surprised that Detroit didn't wait and make the Winter Classic lead in game a Joe Louis game, that they could have pulled off but already put it back in Grand Rapids.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
  #18
DarkReign
Registered User
 
DarkReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
I'm beyond the point of even caring. Just cancel the season, and make the NHL even more irrelevant.

Part of it is that I'm out in the California boonies for this lockout, but now that I'm older, I don't see the point in picking sides of millionaires vs billionaires. The only people suffering are the workers at the rink, the bars/restaurants around the arenas; the players and owners can go fish.
Second-ed.

I am older, got way more **** to do that doesnt have anything to do with hockey. I dont even care who wins or loses.

DarkReign is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
  #19
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,357
vCash: 500
Here is a wonderful picture from the biggest failure as far as going overseas this lockout.



These guys should just get off twitter.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:57 PM
  #20
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Here is a wonderful picture from the biggest failure as far as going overseas this lockout.



These guys should just get off twitter.
Maybe you should get off twitter or stop worrying about what players post.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:42 PM
  #21
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Owners still at 50/50, players still at 57/43. Been like that for months. Wake me when something changes. Just guessing, I can snooze on this until Mid January and Fehr will finnally agree to end this. Until then Fehr will hold out until the last second.

TS Quint is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:56 PM
  #22
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Watching clips of Datsyuk dangles. I can't believe we may only see him for 1 more year, if that...

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
  #23
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Datsyuk's not worth it.
Cut his pay, damn it!

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
  #24
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Maybe you should get off twitter or stop worrying about what players post.
To each his own CB, that was actually on several sites today, I don't follow him and I am not even on twitter, but it is a dumb picture. Sorry whenever your precious NHLPA makes a blunder it hurts you in such a fashion. Taking pictures like that in the middle of this is stupid. This along with Derek Roy's picture buying his new car just came off poorly. I know they have a lot of money, but then don't try and play the sympathy card either. We are not long off a couple of these guys talking about how they are in tough financial positions, it will weaken that case when they start doing it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
  #25
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
To each his own CB, that was actually on several sites today, I don't follow him and I am not even on twitter, but it is a dumb picture. Sorry whenever your precious NHLPA makes a blunder it hurts you in such a fashion. Taking pictures like that in the middle of this is stupid. This along with Derek Roy's picture buying his new car just came off poorly. I know they have a lot of money, but then don't try and play the sympathy card either. We are not long off a couple of these guys talking about how they are in tough financial positions, it will weaken that case when they start doing it.

Some 25 year old flaunting money at a casino or a 30 year old buying a car is "dumb" to you and other twitterversers

iMeanwhile, IN REAL LIFE and THINGS THAT MATTER, Ilitch is asking taxpayers for millions for his private project. Or Katz demanding for millions for his project.

I guess because the "media" covers it... that validates its importance to you?
As someone who has worked in media for 20 years, you have no idea how silly that idea is.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.